It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Beginning there was One Religion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Ok, the title pretty much explains it all.

The question I am most interested in hearing your feedback from is, In the beginning, when the first religion was established, Wouldnt that have been the purest of all religions? and if so, What do you think happened to it?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
As far as I know, I believe Hinduism was the oldest religion...?

I may be wrong though.

But then again just because it's the first doesn't make it the purest!

The first superstition about salt obviously isn't true, it couldn't be pure!

askville.amazon.com...

That is a fairly nice link, FAIRLY! Weed out personal accounts, and Adam and Eve first religion blah blah, it's a pretty good look.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Although wouldnt it be fair to argue that science would not have been such a strong influence back then as it is now? I know its kind of irrelevent but there wouldnt be much argument over which is the "True" religion that belongs to the "True" god. Could you say that people in the very beginning used faith more than logic? they relied on their god/faith most of all?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I don't think there is any evidence to show that there was once a single "religion". As far as I can tell, the development of "religion" preceded the development of writing. We see elements of religious beliefs in cave paintings. I'm sure that religious sentiments preceded even these cave paintings.

From the scanty evidence available, the first religions (with an 's') were probably shamanic. Certain designated tribe members - the shamans - sought to communicate with the gods, spirits, power animals, etc., in order to receive guidance, protection, healing, blessings, or other benefits for the tribe. Different techniques were used to induce an altered state, including rhythmic beating of drums, dancing, the use of drugs, fasting, isolation, and so on. These same techniques are used today.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost in the Machine

Although wouldnt it be fair to argue that science would not have been such a strong influence back then as it is now? I know its kind of irrelevent but there wouldnt be much argument over which is the "True" religion that belongs to the "True" god. Could you say that people in the very beginning used faith more than logic? they relied on their god/faith most of all?

Science wouldn't of been a strong conscious influence, but a influence.

I would stretch to say, sigh, that they used logic to conjure up their god.

The logic of a very primitive man, wouldn't compare to that of a man today.... although for some, it may.

People then, if you would call them 'people' relied on whatever to get them to survive, it was a philosophical explosion, which brought things about.

I'm digressing ultimately, even if I am answering questions.

You're question is, 'Is the first religion, the 'true' Religion'.

I doubt it, because the first religion, varies, not only would the first religion, have no documentation of it, (proposing) but the first religion would vary by different cultures.

Some separated sapiens ( depending ) would draw about their own religions, now trying to figure those out, to the true one, would be "UGH".

Now I can feel myself stretching into morality, and I'll stop it here.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Could you say that people in the very beginning used faith more than logic? they relied on their god/faith most of all?

well think bout this from the perspective of the ancient greeks.

they relied on their faith in Apollo over science to know the sun would rise.
logic would dictate that the sun was not likely pulled acorss the sky by a guy in a chariot.

i cant give you an answer about a "true" or "pure" religion as i dont know what you mean by that

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Would you say this religion was closest to the creator? and if so, why would he let it die. If it was the first religion, then it must have been the correct one, God must have had a certain way to achieve the rewards that await after death.

Assuming we all came from the same parents, the first two humans, then migrated throughout the globe. What would have been the first way to worship God?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

Just like the school childrens game where you sit in a circle and whisper a phrase into the ear of the next, through time the message gets distorted and becomes the wrong message.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
the first universal 'religion' was the 'Earth Goddess',
there are thousands of ancient stone carvings of the pregnant torso of the Female....

the Goddess religion was accompanied by 'Shamans' the tribe/groups
healer-physician & human connection to the spirit world where the Mother Goddess made home.

the take over of organized religion by the PatriarchCentered groups, quickly doomed the Feminine cult or universal religion practiced by humanity somewhere between 30,000 years BCE- 15,000 BCE

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

You have alot of good points, but I think I may have worded my question wrong.

Im referring to post organized society. Lets go of the Christian point of view here: There must have been some form of formal worship to God. Could that have been organized into a religion(I'm sure that it wasnt called religion back then)? and if so, How would God let it die, since it would be considered truth. The foundation of religion is all based on faith in which ever god you praise. From there you have branches which go off and have slight differences. Over thousands of years im sure that there are major differences from how the very first worship was conducted.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

You have alot of good points, but I think I may have worded my question wrong.

Im referring to post organized society. Lets go of the Christian point of view here: There must have been some form of formal worship to God. Could that have been organized into a religion(I'm sure that it wasnt called religion back then)? and if so, How would God let it die, since it would be considered truth. The foundation of religion is all based on faith in which ever god you praise. From there you have branches which go off and have slight differences. Over thousands of years im sure that there are major differences from how the very first worship was conducted.

For the monotheistic one God religion, I would have to say the Egyptian Aten is the first recorded one God. Before that, there is no other one God system of worship ever recorded like it. Yet, If we were to ask what the oldest system of worship is, I would hazard a guess and say animism.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

I mean Truth and Pure as in being as close to god as humanly possible. The first religion/worship must have had contact with god, How could people with knowledge of that then turn away and form its own God?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Would you say this religion was closest to the creator? and if so, why would he let it die. If it was the first religion, then it must have been the correct one, God must have had a certain way to achieve the rewards that await after death.

The question was a good one to investigate, and the questions here would seem most fitting to respond to in light of the Original Post.

The problem is we have to ASSUME things inorder to become specific in a desire to understand this line of questioning.

Biblically, there are some various interpetations of what the Bible is suggesting. Despite any of those concerns, one thing is clear. The Bible is relating a story which PREDATES any and all "Religions" regardless of what the general population may think.

With that offered, I would say with confidence, YES, at one time there was only 1 (ONE) religious practice occuring on this planet.

You see, when the Adam, (The Gardening Adam which was created sometime after the day of rest to tend the Garden) became flesh, no where from that point on is anything expressed as to the Holy Days. Cain and Abel practiced the Sacraficial Ceramonies, which led to Cain ultimate fall, but why are these not expressed specifically?

Well that would mean the practises where already occuring! The Sixth Day Adam, (Mankind as a Spieces), was already practising the "Religious Rites" that Adam (The Gardener) followed after his creation.

Now to step outside of "Biblically Speaking" anyone can look at some of the Oldest Peoples and see similiar events occured in the "Begining". The Aborigines of Austrailia, have a oral and pictorial history dating back to some 14000 years ago. Their "Creation" Story is not very different nor is their Flood Tale, from what a Christian may believe occured. The Names seem changed, but the events reflect a likeness to each other.

This would also offer some explaination of what obviously took place at some point in our History of Man. Globally we see replicas of Temples over and over again. What is the similairity between them?

An attempt to be closer to GOD. They all are elevated with the Area of Sacrafice near the peak.

Now some could argue, (and may well), that none of these are relative to each other, and they have nothing in common, but I am simply suggesting they may well be sharing a common origin (In respects to why they where constructed) and a common expression of those Religous activities, (The ones Cain and Abel followed)

As for rewards after death, I may suggest, there was none. I believe the Spieces (6th Day Man) and those who descended from Adam, where to be immortal. Death was the result of Sin, which unfortunately gets directed towards Eve (Biblically) in response to her romp with that Serpent and the Seed which followed, Cain.

The Days of Man, in the past, were not "NUMBERED" prior to the Original Sin concept. After this, the days of man where numbered and not to exceed a 1000 Years. From there these days where lowered to 120 Years, (Following the days of Noah) and further reduced to some 70 or 60 years, again after some failings the Israelites had in following GOD's Commandments.

So I think the matter of personal rewards and such are a "Recent" or "More Recent" concern rather than something that was "Built" into the Religous Practises taking place PRIOR to the Creation of ADAM (The Gardener), by the 6TH Day Races

Also, You asked why GOD would let this religion die. I would offer this. The Religious practise NEVER DIED. They were CORRUPTED and PERVERTED by the Fallen, who's sole intent was to take the daughters of man (The Spieces) and to act as gods inplace of GOD. They twisted the Practises. They reinvented the Holy Days. They altered the acceptable Sacrafice.

But they maintianed the same basic template that already was present prior to Their Fall.

Assuming we all came from the same parents, the first two humans, then migrated throughout the globe.

Assuming this would be wrong. Certainly some on this planet could trace their ancestory back to Adam through Seth, or to Eve through Seth and Cain. This is quite obvious, since the Bible is a Geneology Record from Adam to Christ, but this in no ways means ALL can trace that ancestory.

The Sixth Day Man was here, on this planet for thousands of years prior to the Creation of Adam (The Gardener) and Eve. At least 7000 Years according to the Aboriginies.

Interesting topic. Like to see where it goes.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Double Post.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Ghost in the Machine]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

As for rewards after death, I may suggest, there was none. I believe the Spieces (6th Day Man) and those who descended from Adam, where to be immortal. Death was the result of Sin, which unfortunately gets directed towards Eve (Biblically) in response to her romp with that Serpent and the Seed which followed, Cain.

I disagree and I refer to any monotheistic text of the event that transpired as proof against your speculation. No where is it explicitly mentioned that we were either once immortal or would ever have been immortal; In fact, God went so far as to kick us out of Eden just to prevent us from obtaining immortality lest we become just like him.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Though I find your post very interesting, I disagree with you on two areas. The fall of Adam was an important part to Gods plan for slavation. If Adam hadnt fallen then he would have remained in the Garden forever without offspring. This would then make Christ and his actions(if they ever took place) void.

I disagree and I again refer to biblical scripture as evidence against your speculation. God had explicitly told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply before their fall and punishment. This implies that had they not disobeyed and eaten the fruit, they would have had ample time to produce offspring in Eden.

I did mention the corruption in one of my earlier replies, you must have missed it but none the less, Why would God allow the corruption of his worship?

Because the biblical account of God isn't an accurate portrayal of where the universe came from. It is an invented system of control meant to act as a sort of primitive legal system of sorts.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

I disagree and I again refer to biblical scripture as evidence against your speculation. God had explicitly told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply before their fall and punishment. This implies that had they not disobeyed and eaten the fruit, they would have had ample time to produce offspring in Eden.

Im sorry, but Im not sure if you disagee that they had to fall, or if you could produce in the garden?

Because the biblical account of God isn't an accurate portrayal of where the universe came from. It is an invented system of control meant to act as a sort of primitive legal system of sorts.

Makes sense to me.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Im sorry, but Im not sure if you disagee that they had to fall, or if you could produce in the garden?

There is no biblical reference to believe that they had to fall in order to reproduce is what I am saying.

You stated:

If Adam hadnt fallen then he would have remained in the Garden forever without offspring.

Yet, Adam and Eve were commanded before their fall to reproduce, so why would they have to fall in order to do so? There is also no mention that either person would live forever at all and further biblical reference indicates that they were kicked out so that they wouldn't be able to live forever.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

There is also no mention that either person would live forever at all and further biblical reference indicates that they were kicked out so that they wouldn't be able to live forever.

Incorrect. Death is the price of sin. Very simple scripture, very simple to understand. There was no sin in the Garden of Eden, God did now allow it. The first sin on earth was when Eve ate the fruit of Knowledge, the result being they were banished from the Garden.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Shane

Though I find your post very interesting, I disagree with you on two areas. The fall of Adam was an important part to Gods plan for slavation. If Adam hadnt fallen then he would have remained in the Garden forever without offspring. This would then make Christ and his actions(if they ever took place) void.

Also, You asked why GOD would let this religion die. I would offer this. The Religious practise NEVER DIED. They were CORRUPTED and PERVERTED by the Fallen, who's sole intent was to take the daughters of man (The Spieces) and to act as gods inplace of GOD. They twisted the Practises. They reinvented the Holy Days. They altered the acceptable Sacrafice.

I did mention the corruption in one of my earlier replies, you must have missed it but none the less, Why would God allow the corruption of his worship?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join