It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live in Vancouver, BC? You can no longer listen to CoastToCoastAM over the airwaves!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
IF you haven't already noticed TALK1410 is GONE. This morning CHUM Radio announced that they are removing the station in favour of a sports channel "TEAM 1410" which is RIDICULOUS considering they already have a radio station "Team 1040". They say they can't handle having the Canucks and BC Lions on one station. I call fowl. I also can't believe they would upset listeners to CoastToCoast, Dr. Joy Brown, Dr. Laura Schleslinger (sp?) + more. They gave NO (ZERO) warning to any radio hosts, staff or listeners.

I am VERY upset by this as I listen to CoastToCoastAM every single night along with MANY MANY other people here.

www.talk1410.com

I have created a facebook group www.facebook.com...

PLEASE Join. Also here is their phone number, please call and yell their head off.

Listener Feedback Line *NEW*
(604) 484-4920 or

General Office Phone Number
(604) 871-9000

24-hour "Rant Line"
(604) 280-1040

Source

Your support is SO appreciated even if you aren't from Canada or Vancouver! Thanks everyone!

**edit title and added a link**
[edit on 6-11-2009 by jar11]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
What about other parts of BC?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The only other affiliate is on Vancouver Island CFAX. The affiliate in Kelowna is owned by the same radio station and has made the same move.

*edit to add radio station*

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
That is awful. Makes me sad.. I like coast to coast.. My dad used to listen to it every night when I lived with him. I don't listen to it anymore, but I was seriously going to start listening to it again.. I will join your facebook group.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Listen to it online silly billy,
not to deter from the point that its epoch fail that they took it off,
but really, the thread title is a bit melodramatic.

As a side note, its odd that Vancouver of all places has had it removed. o..O;

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Renshin]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Listening to it online is not a viable option for many people, and for me it was on my way home from work and occasionally I would sit on Burnaby Mountain with my partner for a few hours and listen to it and watch the stars.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by elocin
That is awful. Makes me sad.. I like coast to coast.. My dad used to listen to it every night when I lived with him. I don't listen to it anymore, but I was seriously going to start listening to it again.. I will join your facebook group.

Thank you, your support is appreciated. You should definitely consider listening again.

I just feel like this is something I have to fight for you know?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jar11

find a program called replay radio. well worth the small price. this little jewel will let you listen and record programs off of internet stream.

I like c2c but its on too late and glen beck but i'm at work when he's on.
this fixes both issues! Have a blast!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Aw, dude! That sucks!

Maybe you can email the producers of C2Cam to let them know that their Vancouver station is no longer broadcasting them...

Or maybe their aware of the change and are in the works of working out a deal with another station?

Either way, I've joined your facebook group! The title of the show would be misleading if it wasn't actually broadcasted 'Coast to Coast'!!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by oaf21
Aw, dude! That sucks!

Maybe you can email the producers of C2Cam to let them know that their Vancouver station is no longer broadcasting them...

Or maybe their aware of the change and are in the works of working out a deal with another station?

Either way, I've joined your facebook group! The title of the show would be misleading if it wasn't actually broadcasted 'Coast to Coast'!!

Thanks for your support, I actually phoned the WildCard line last night and the woman who answered didn't seem to interested, said to contact my affiliate, which believe me I did. It's a huge show now rating wise so I can understand why they wouldn't want to be involved. I fired an email to George Noory and have since posted on another forum I visit regularly (howardforums). I'm planning on fighting this to the death.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
To be honest, I didn't know we could even get C2C here in Vancouver. No big loss though. Like another poster said, just go online and listen to it. Or invest in a portable XM radio set.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

nah, I'm gonna fight 'em. Even if I lose, i tried.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
LIke we NEED yet another sports station, or talk radio station..

If we could get Coast to Coast on JACK, that would be ALL we need...

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hi, C to C fans.

Try this link at midnight, Montreal time, -5 ZULU time:

940 AM LIVE.
www.940hits.com...

Blue skies.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Remember, remember the 5th of November!

Hasn't George Noory said the day his voice is stifled is the day we should worry?

I hope this is just some idiot in managements poor decision, and not us being a 'test market' for thought stifling.

I'm leaning towards idiot in management but you never know these days.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
UPDATE!

Source

Our Vancouver affiliate CFUN, 1400 AM, recently switched to an all-sports format. We are in the process of setting up a new radio station to carry Coast to Coast AM in that area.

well part of my problem solved.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
UPDATE!

Source

Our Vancouver affiliate CFUN, 1400 AM, recently switched to an all-sports format. We are in the process of setting up a new radio station to carry Coast to Coast AM in that area.

well part of my problem solved.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Good to hear that you can still listen.

But does anyone know a way to listen to Coast online? I'm looking for a streaming service or something like that. I tried their site but I think it's an archive which you need to be a paying member to access.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Thanks C-JEAN
I'm not in Vancouver, but my stereo AM transmitter stopped working and I couldn't find a local online afflilate that would stream it live.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join