It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Least 7 Dead, 12 Wounded in Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Isn't that the truth! What a brave woman! I'll bet she'd say she did what anyone would do and she's probably right. But still, I can't imagine being in the situation and having the presence of mind to do what she did. Bravo, Officer Munley!

reply to post by nenothtu

Sometimes you just have to walk on by... Willful ignorance isn't something you can fight with logic and reason.
Sometimes it's best not to give power to it.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I will respond to both of you shortly slayer and hunka
wife got me busy with chores

in the meantime please EVERYONE watch this

We can't just sit here and think every action has no reaction
Anyhow please respond to the video
and i'll reply to your other points shortly

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

See that's your problem...

You're not saying anything many here don't already know. However many here seem to be stuck like a scratched record, regurgitating the same old rhetoric over and over again.

No Slayer, You don't understand watch the video...

Let me post something You already know!!! To prove my point and not look at anything that will expand my own understanding.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
heh.
Too bad I just can't post heh because this forum requires a certain amount of characters.
Heh.
Good luck to all.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by imitator
here is what I want to know, is Abdul-Rashid Abdullah conscious?

[edit on 6-11-2009 by imitator]

I don't understand the reference to this guy. Explain?

oops/// Name mix up..... he is deputy director of the American Muslim Armed Forces and Veterans Affairs Council
he is the one who said he didn't received reports of harassment from Islamic soldiers, contrary to claims by a relative of the man authorities say is responsible for the worst mass killing on a U.S. military base.

My question was..or should be...... just curious to know if Malik Nidal Hasan (the shooter) conscious?

I was watching CNN last night and they said he was in stable condition and he didn't want to talk to authority...... that would make him conscious.....

FOXNews conflicts with CNN's report.... with:

Hasan was shot four times during the Thursday attack and remained unconscious early Friday.

So here's the deal... he's either conscious or unconscious?
who is telling the truth?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Who cares if he conscious or unconscious, he was conscious when he committed his duty and now he is a martyr. God Bless America.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

Who cares if he conscious or unconscious, he was conscious when he committed his duty and now he is a martyr. God Bless America.

I agree.... just curious to know why the conflicting report...and who is correct

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

He didn't want to fight against muslims because that's illegal in Islam. He followed Islamic rules before US law. This is common with muslims.

Yet ANOTHER inaccuracy! How can I stay quiet when you just won't stop spreading irrational fear? People DIE when they fail to target the danger, and go after the harmless instead.

I won't have the blood of innocent Americans on my hands because I failed to counter your attempts to let the guilty go free while you concentrate on punishing the harmless. In other words, I guess I was wrong, and I'm really NOT done here. You are endangering my comrades, my family and friends, and I can't abide by that.

I can't just sit and let it go while you attempt to misdirect the bullets that would count.

In regards to your obvious untruth above, I can take you to cemeteries FULL of muslims killed by other muslims. It's even in the news daily here.

Got your passport ready?

Never let a rabid and irrational approach to things you fear give your enemy the upper hand. Even the enemy is not THAT radical!

[edit on 2009/11/6 by nenothtu]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Moslem Muslim Musselman are all perfectly ok. Moslems don't think that much differently from how you and I do. I lived in a Moslem country for two years with a Moslem family and I know that their thinking isn't that different from ours. Their culture puts emphasis on some things different, but they are basically the same. Good people, some bad people always exist, but mostly good people trying to cope with life as it comes. This whole terrorist thing doesn't bother them that much because they don't believe that Moslems did it. Maybe because their news media isn't as tied up as ours. The think that the whole thing will result in the Western culture imploding and leaving a nice vacuum for them to peacefully prosper which is probably what will happen unless the shadow govt use Anthrax and plague on the third world after they gut what's left of the US. The shadow govt has America's military at their beck and call not to mention the CIA and HAARP and nukes. Once our civil rights are gone the shadow govt will be free to use our military to terrorize the rest of the world,which is what they've been doing these past 50 years anyway. We bow and cower at the shadow government. We don't dare ask the CIA what it has been doing. JFK was murdered in front of us by them and we all know it. So we just live with it. It's time to start telling the truth. I don't just mean the government should tell the truth. It's time for us to start telling the truth. 911 was an inside job. Our government did that to us. We are not going to put up with this that kind of stuff any more. So if they are able to kill 300 million people, fine. But if not, then they are in for a fall. Doesn't it say something in the Bible about Babylon falling?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

The mods always dock my quotes for being to long. And they are not. They also for some reason do not even leave the name of the person I quote so bare with me while I try to overcome that handicap.

The post of yours I address went to great lengths to object or refute or debate some other member for giving his support to the idea that mostly Americans are getting killed and bombed when it is really Israel the muslims are after.
You will admit these two ideologies are very, very similar. (Muslim/Jewish)
How about you tell us Americans the Zionist, Marxist, Bolshevik side. Or simply put Communist side.
Then you can tells all about Christianity that is under attack here in America by whom.
Can you do that? Thanks.
I will take you on ---on my thread about alcohol not here.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by Chevalerous

I applaud your post. One of the more insightful ones I've read so far. When you aadd all those factors you mentioned together with the apparent fact as is being reported that he had to listen to his comrades constantly tell him how "evil" his chosen religion was, which he is bound to take to heart as identification of his OWN perceived "evil", in effect a rejection of himself by his chosen associates, it could well have pushed him over the radical edge.

It's a hard thing when your own "friends", comrades, and chosen associates suddenly view YOU as a threat, as "evil", simply because of the actions of people you don't even know.

I think he was always muslim, not a recent convert, but there is evidence coming out of his gradual descent into radicalism. I'm of the opinion that his rejection by his friends could have been a factor in his descent.

Some unstable folks don't handle rejection very well, especially rejection by friends and associates in the only area that you've chosen to build your life around. It can lead to a mindset of "They think I'm evil? I'll SHOW 'em what evil is!"

And off we go.

This post is nut brains, you should see a shrink or something. So because he didn't like hearing how we feel about his beloved religion of peace, he goes out and proves everything we feel to be correct? And this is how you rationalize it, how you spin sympathy for this most evil of human beings? Why are you so negative anyway, you keep calling people ignorant because of how they feel.

Well, I think it's completely rational to be angry with all Muslims, not just "terrorists", it is the religion of Islam that is producing these terrorists. It's the religion itself which is corrupt IMO, but you know what people like you that spin your PC bullcrap and attack people like us are truly ignorant. Go hug a tree or something, we adults got this thing called reality to deal with.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Everyone should watch that video. People don't know how this all started and frankly, they don't want to know. But I was just talking with my husband today about what if this had happened to our country. How would we feel? What would we be willing to do? I was glad to see your video touch on that in the end. Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

So if I pick a fight with bob, is bob justified in his "retaliation" by killing 10 random innocent people and not even touching me? Stop defending these disgusting people and this disgusting religion.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So if we were attacked would you be willing to kill random innocent people that don't have a lick to do with the actions of said govt?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I will respond to both of you shortly slayer and hunka
wife got me busy with chores

Take your time... we'll be here

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
What gets me os that he killed a bunch of junior enlisted who maybe blind to the big picture but innocent from the crimes currently being commited in our(USA's) so called wars. This guy was a coward and I can only hope there is a god/allah/jah/... to judge his pathetic soul.

They would be considered acceptable Islamic enemy targets. In field or out. Catching them upon deployment would be no different than catching them in the field.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I'm not a bigot. Please refrain from name calling.
I am also reporting something that hasn't been mentioned in this thread and it's fact.
I have studied Islam for over 40 years and teach counter terrorism. This incident is textbook. Too bad the common American is un-educated.
Then when an incident like this happens everyone is all shocked and wonders why... well, you have been told.

I'm calling BS on this one. You should realize there are folks here who actually DO do those sorts of things, and you've given NO evidence that you are one of them.

Your posts give NO evidence of the level-headed approach necessary to meet and counter any sort of threat.

Certainly not an approach that would allow you to survive 40 years on the sharp end to do all that studying. Also, in 40 years of studying islam, you would think you would have at least a rudimentary grasp of it.

I'll tell you what. I normally try to keep my mess on the lowdown, and not get very specific, but you've pushed me to this. I'm willing to do it this once, and take the risks.

Here's the deal. You show me YOUR credentials, and I'll show you mine. Nothing vague or nebulous, I want specifics, and will provide the same. WHO do you "train in counter-terrorism"? WHERE did you learn it, in order to be able to train in it? WHAT SOURCES can you point to to support your interpretation of islam as valid?

We can settle this pretty quickly.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Does JJ stand for Judge and Jury?
And you want to enlist Americans for your prosecution against Muslims?
Nobody has even seen the inside of a court room here. Get real.
You post like you are about to have a breakdown just from being an expert.
What is your religious affiliation? Dare tell.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

in the meantime please EVERYONE watch this

I thoroughly understand what you're trying to convey but,
let me get this straight?

You're saying that becuase of this perspective that Iran is now justified in it's support for terrorist groups and activities around the world? Because if you are then you will have to be admit that they are in fact contributors to these activities.

Yes many of us are familiar with the Cold war history of the region. I think that's the broken/scratched record Slayer was talking about earlier.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by darkwing81]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
Why do people say that he would have to 'fight' against Islam. If he was a psychiatrist then why would he be fighting? Wouldn't he just be over them helping soldiers?

I don't know much about the way things work in the military so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Look at it from his point of view. He is a muslim. He got a job in America. His beliefs are still Islamic. If he were deployed to one of the 57 OIC countries then he is being asked to "fight" by America because according to his religion that is what is being asked of him.
For muslims Islam is superior to anything. That's an important step to understanding this theology.

Again, you display the "depth" of your understanding of islam.

The correct answer is that he is considered to be "fighting" because he would be in a support role for the troops. In the extremist interpretation of islam, like the salafists, this carries right on down through civilians just paying taxes that go to support the troops. That's how they justify attacks on civilians to themselves. Civilians who support the troops in ANY way are no longer civilians to them, they are combatants.

This is how bin Laden and Al-Zawahiri can claim that they never harm innocents, in the face of all evidence to the contrary, and keep a straight face.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join