It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights Templar Still Exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Do the Knights Templar exist today? I'm not talking about the Freemasons Scottish Rite, I am wondering if the actual Knightly Order is still in existence in secret or otherwise.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I whole heartedly believe they still function as an organisation, As for proof ??..
I believe IMO that Sir Winston Churchill was a member, and we only see the Templars work when in dire need, IE Dunkirk and the mini armadas to save approx 350.000 solders from capture, and Hitlers reluctance to invade "Blighty"....
I look forward to other members opinions..

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BigCity1

if they do, they have kept a good secret. And if they do, I doubt they still wear the same outfits. the original reason for their existence seems to not be an issue in the present day, so I am not sure what they would be trying to do. What do you think they would be trying to do it they still existed?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I am a Knight Templar.

It's York Rite, not Scottish.

There is also another group called Sovereign Military Order of Knights Templar or something... not Freemasonic, but I will look up the URL and post it.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I personally believe they are still around as for proof ... I have none. But surely that just means the 'secret' part of the society is working ... unlike other so-called secret societies I keep reading about.

Woody

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Here you go:

SMOTJ

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Here's the international version:

OSMTH

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Not sure what they'd be doing. But like foxhoundone said, if they do exist still, they have done a good job of hiding it. I've always thought maybe the Freemasons are some sort of red herring. The Freemasons are secretive enough to elicit a lot of suspicion from people, but at the same time they are too big and unwieldy to be a real unified force.

Maybe the Templars still exist in the shadows, with everyone focused on groups like the Freemasons.

We know for a fact that not all of them were captured, and that their treasure is missing. Maybe they are the heads of modern day banking.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm wondering if it's true that the Knight's Templar has emerged in new form under the title of "XE" or Blackwater? Under the leadership of Eric Prince and the far right, they are in a sense crusading against Islam. Guns for hire, exterminating anyone the're told to as long as the $ is right.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

that doesn't sound at all like the goal of the original templars. That is like saying that the a new group has formed in honor of the Harlem Globetrotters and they now have a goal of deflating rear tires on all news vans. Random I know, but just as likely.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If memory serves the primary goal of the Templars was military. They were also used to protect Christian pilgrims as they journeyed to Solomons Temple. Knights on horseback were also a first offense tactic used against muslim lines in battle.

Seems to me that the parallels of duty are there. Aren't private military contractors used to protect diplomats much the same as a Templar was used to protect a pilgrim? Sure the roles have changed, but there is proof out there that XE is funded by an extremely Right winged Christian philosophy.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The Knights Templar is also in the York Rite.

In Spain, they just reorganized and renamed themselves the Knights of Christ. There are many theories about the existence of the Poor Knights of Christ and the Temple of Solomon after they were charged and persecuted by the Church. Many think they went to Scotland and either merged with the Freemasons or started what we see today as the Freemasons.

If you have read the book "The Templar Legacy" then some think they still exist as a small faction in Southern France.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

Truth be told, the saracens and templars had a pretty good understanding. It wasn't just Islam vs Christianity.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm a McTemplar™, and you can be too!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I've heard they may have helped found Switzerland.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The Knights Templar as you are thinking about do not exist and never did. In my opinion they were not a Christian order but an order steeped in Eastern mysticism that were funded to go looking for, and found, a secret relating to the church. When the Knights Templar disbanded after the French attack the order dissipated around the globe, some to Scotland (Freemasonry), some to Malta (Knights of Malta) some potentially to the Hospitallers and some to Portugal (Knights of Christ).
The Priory of Sion who I believe were a force behind the Templars still exist and hold/protect this "secret".

Edit:typo

[edit on 4-11-2009 by george_gaz]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigCity1
Do the Knights Templar exist today? I'm not talking about the Freemasons Scottish Rite, I am wondering if the actual Knightly Order is still in existence in secret or otherwise.

There are several non-related orders of Templary in existence. Whether or not Freemasonry has a historical connection to the Templars is an open question, although the fraternity has Templar grades in practically all Masonic Rites.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
I am a Knight Templar.

It's York Rite, not Scottish.

There is also another group called Sovereign Military Order of Knights Templar or something... not Freemasonic, but I will look up the URL and post it.

In another thread, besides the Scottish Rite, the York Rite was discussed.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Scottish Rite versus York Rite
www.trosch.org...

KSigMason answer was on 1-11-2009 @ 1:53PM
The chart is a little off. It had it in the brackets, but I was put off that they left out of the box structure the Cryptic Masons. I'm also curious to see why it shows arrows going from York Rite to Shriners then to Scottish Rite.

It's actually "Order of the Temple", but just like the Poor Knights of Christ and the Temple of Solomon, we also use "Knights Templar".

[edit on 4-11-2009 by hawk123]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by george_gaz
The Knights Templar as you are thinking about do not exist and never did. In my opinion they were not a Christian order but an order steeped in Eastern mysticism that were funded to go looking for, and found, a secret relating to the church. When the Knights Templar disbanded after the French attack the order dissipated around the globe, some to Scotland (Freemasonry), some to Malta (Knights of Malta) some potentially to the Hospitallers and some to Portugal (Knights of Christ).
The Priory of Sion who I believe were a force behind the Templars still exist and hold/protect this "secret".
You had me until you brought up the Priory of Sion, a hoax that was established in 1956, many centuries after the Templars...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Lots of talk and rumors that Switzerland IS the templar country as the flag is very similar and they have a quite powerful army for a neutral country of it's size as well as having the most famous banks in the world (The templars created modern day banking during the crusades)

If they are part of the Freemasons then it must be a very top few and they only approach masons they believe could be useful or loyal to them.

I love the Knights Templar they just fascinate me and their armor was amazing. My family looked after a number of Templars during the purge when they came to Scotland with a chest according to the diaries and 14 knights of our family were in fact Templars. It might be genetic in why i find them fascinating.

EDIT: spelling

[edit on 17/05/09 by Raider of Truth]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join