It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pure energetic awareness of the "Power of the Nine" realization.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

well im glad i could provide you with the salt over the shoulder idea.

Theres are logical aplications of a placebo effect but come on is that really all you want to give people? Is that all you want... a placebo?

Maybe what your doing is right and i am the wrong one.... im not sure anymore... if it helps ease the pain of some lost soul with no hope. Maybe the time you bide will allow for real undersatnding and knowledge to be accumulated.

Time is valuable. Should we curse snake oil factorys?

What would you say to such an idea?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Theres are logical aplications of a placebo effect but come on is that really all you want to give people? Is that all you want... a placebo?

The so-called "placebo effect" is only now just starting to be realized for what it is, the power of your body to heal itself when you simply believe that whatever you are taking is working.

That is the power of being optimistic, over being pessimistic.

When you are a pessimistic, you tend to look at things more negatively and be more miserable as a result of it, and all that extra stress hurts your immune response. Being happy and optimistic about life is something that comes with being healthy.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Alright, I'll play along because I'm curious what drives you. You come onto a thread which you obviously disagree with and don't have the guts to actually make statements like "I don't think astral travel exists" or "means of gaining mental power are a joke" but rather you make up random comparisons and poor analogies, call people ignorant, and blatantly insinuate that I'm a fraud.

I can tell you're passionate about your beliefs and maybe even want to help people, unfortunately it comes across more as inability to have a real conversation because all you've said is

Would you want to be treated this way?

originally posted by Wertdagf
you failed and this thread contians no logic

You mean like scientificly testing throwing salt over your shoulder for good luck?

All religion and mysticisim is like our current economic situation its all falling apart

Is that all you want... a placebo?

If you don't believe in Mysticism and assume all this stuff is not real, what the heck are you doing in this thread!!?

Do you have the guts to have a real conversation about it or are you just here to bash people who have different beliefs than you?

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive
So, not really recommending it as a tool, I was just wondering if anyone had heard of the Power of the Nine, or other similar tools.

I think I may have seen it mentioned with the Tree of Life from the Kabbalah only a few days ago. It was just recently, and I was familiar with the Tree of Life already but wondered, "what is this 9 thing?" I honestly don't even know if it was the same thing, but when I first saw this thread I thought they must have some kind of relationship. Anyway I've been playing with the exercise, and I'm having the most trouble just holding 7 dots on a plane steady in my mind.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

I don't really know the origin of the Power of the Nine. The guys I mentioned were suspected Freemasons. The ONLY other time I've even heard of the Power was when I asked at a metaphysical bookstore. I mentioned "Power of the Nine" and a long-term psychic there said, "Oh my God, the Masons have you" LOL

This exercise doesn't even work for me any longer* so I assume you need to be deep in whatever group to have it work.

* Here's an example of how it works for me. If you've ever had a really emotional event happen, and something is sort of linked to it. Like a smell associated with an ex-girlfriend or something. When you smell that smell suddenly you get a sort of flashback of emotion. The Power of the Nine doesn't work for me, but I still get a small sense of heightened focus if I go through the 'pegs.'

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Interesting...if I were you, I would do some research on the personality theories of the ''Enneagram'', a system of nine personality categories that priveleges the power of 'nine'.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by VergeofObscene
Interesting...if I were you, I would do some research on the personality theories of the ''Enneagram'', a system of nine personality categories that priveleges the power of 'nine'.

Definitely! The Enneagram is a great tool for understanding oneself and how you relate to others.

[has nothing to do with this thread but a great tool anyhow
]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join