It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Impossible' Device Could Propel Flying Cars, Stealth Missiles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Danger Room What's Next in National Security 'Impossible' Device Could Propel Flying Cars, Stealth Missiles

www.wired.com

The heart of the Emdrive is a resonant, tapered cavity filled with microwaves.

The idea is a craft capable of making the 10,000-mile run from London to Sydney, Australia in under three hours … or taking a 40-ton payload on the moon in about four days. It will be capable of vertical takeoff and hovering silently in place. If successful, it will be adapted as a personal transport -– your very own flying car.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: Title

[edit on 10/30/2009 by ZombieOctopus]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wow, this is really something! It figures that western science wouldn't give this guy the time of day until he decided to take his idea to the Chinese. I bet GE and Boeing, among others are really kicking themselves in the ass for not snatching this guy, and his ideas, up before he went public with them. Good for him though, the world needs more people like that, who are clearly in it for more than just the money, which is sure to follow soon anyway if he's correct.

The only part about his invention that troubles me is the power requirement. Where are you going to pull 6KW from, likely more, since that's only for the demo. That's the kind of juice you get from a massive gas generator and that's just to get up in the air. I guess if he can figure out an EM drive, this will be cake though

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/30/2009 by ZombieOctopus]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

some additional info on EmDrive from wikipedia. hopefully, i'll finally have one of 'em dang flyin' cars before i'm too old to enjoy one.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The way they plan on doing it would require so much power that you would die from the radiation. You could call it a "cancer craft". You would have better chances at survival living next to extremely high voltage power lines.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It's utter junk. While the author claims that the law of momentum conservation is now violated in this device, the fact that the waveguide is closed means not radiation escapes the cavity hence no momentum carried away from the device, which means it also can't get any.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Well it probably is in some fashion using zero point energy which has been proven by the Casimir Effect. If in fact the guy has developed a way to tap the energy of the vacuum, I would not give a plugged nickel for his life or his gadget because if he is like everyone else that has managed to come up with something that works him and his device will disappear never to be seen again.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Figures that westerners would be too skeptical to give the guy the time of day, whereas the Chinese and other foreign countries would.

Science has taken place of religion in this country, not even the scientific method itself but just conventional scientific wisdom. People think if science hasn't validated something yet, then it's no good or doesn't exist. Instead of being used as a tool, science is a church now. Small minds always have to have some kind of crutch, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
It's utter junk. While the author claims that the law of momentum conservation is now violated in this device, the fact that the waveguide is closed means not radiation escapes the cavity hence no momentum carried away from the device, which means it also can't get any.

I was skeptical when I read that too, he claims there's some yet unknown force at work. To me, that sounds a lot like the kind of language people use when talking about over-unity devices, which isn't helpful to his case.

I guess what keeps me hopeful is that obviously some organizations see enough in the device that they've invested time and money. It would really benefit him to find a physicist willing to do the proofs behind the concept though I don't deny that.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

"some unknown force at work" - that could have once been used to describe magnetism, radiation, photosynthesis, gravity - take your pick. And people might have been ridiculed for saying that about those things, too.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
"some unknown force at work" - that could have once been used to describe magnetism, radiation, photosynthesis, gravity - take your pick. And people would might have been ridiculed for saying that about those things, too.

Oh I agree, I wouldn't discount the entire story just because he hasn't gotten the details pinned down, it just doesn't help his case with the mainstream. That's why I said I think he would do well to hire some help in the area of theory.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
Oh I agree, I wouldn't discount the entire story just because he hasn't gotten the details pinned down, it just doesn't help his case with the mainstream.

The "mainstream," by and large, is extremely ignorant anyway. The only people interested in trying to appeal to them all are business executives trying to motivate them to buy products.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
*oops fixed KV to KW -- Now I will have to ponder if we can get that ramped up.

((You can ramp up 120 VAC to 6 KW no problem. --if you wanna know how just ask, I will gladly supply.)) not quite sure now, still thinking

The more valid claims to look into are if its a closed system, how does it provide a means to move and science needs to look into what unknown force is at work. Is that not WHAT scientist and the scientific method are for?

[edit on 30-10-2009 by ownbestenemy]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I'm excited about this. I wonder if this would count as anti-gravity or a pseudo-anti-gravity.

One day they could have those EmDrives miniaturized down to fit onto a skateboard, perhaps.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think this tech is a precursor to advanced anti-grav tech. It's similar to what I think Tesla was working on, only it's beginning to be out in the open. I hope they develop it further and let the general public have access to it.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So... let's say this guy is about 20 years (or 50 if you think this tech was developed by scientists at the end of WW2) behind US Gov't tech (thus the reason we don't give him the time of day)...

Does this explain about 95% of UFO encounters in US/Soviet Union/W.Europe over the past decades?

I mean, just look at the "craft"... and, hypothetically, this thing would function in an EXTREMELY similar way to most encountered UFOs.

Bravo! Excellent find! SF

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Iago18]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I find it really sad that our "typical" reaction from the science community is to label it a fraud simply because they do not understand how it works.

We have massive evidence that our standard models of electrical theory, physics and the very nature of our universe are incomplete or just wrong but like the flat Earth proponents they refuse to move forward.

The emdrive passed scientific analysis in the UK and received government funding. Despite not fully understanding how it works they were able to measure the fact that it does indeed work. Despite this there are still un-informed, self-labeled "skeptics" who will claim it does not.

Being unaware of the facts is not the "scientific method" in any way, shape or form.

Combining this type of device into or with a vacuum energy system would give us the propulsion system for a "UFO". That leaves us with the relatively simple task of building a gravity shield to keep the pilot alive in high-G maneuvers. As usual our defense contractors already have that
technology but were I to "invent" it and upload videos of it on-line there would be a long list of people calling it "fraud".

I have no doubt at least half of those people would be persons who know full well the technology is real but have a vested interest in denying its existence.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
The emdrive passed scientific analysis in the UK and received government funding. Despite not fully understanding how it works they were able to measure the fact that it does indeed work. Despite this there are still un-informed, self-labeled "skeptics" who will claim it does not.

What I find ironic is how the mechanism of action for a huge chunk of the pharmaceuticals most of us take for granted remain illusive to scientists, yet they have no trouble selling them to us knowing only what the drugs appear to do, but not how they do it. The majority of psychotropic drugs are this way, look up pretty much any of them at random and they freely admit that the mechanism of action is not known or understood.

That's our health they're gambling with, but when it comes to this sort of thing, the whole concept gets thrown out if absolutely every last detail isn't worked out in full! It's frustrating how quick the scientific community can be in ostracizing ideas that don't follow the beaten path. How can anything get worked out if no one will sit down and be the first to try because of their preconceived notions of what is and isn't science.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I've said for a while now [years] that we need a technological leap in energy production. While the envrios are trying to get us to use less energy, just imagine the possibilities with lots of energy. If you charge an electromagnet high enough you can levitate almost anything...electromagnetic fields can hold shapes of charged plasma that can be used like a light saber from star wars...if we could create gigawatts of electricity I think the possibilities for levitation and transportation are endless
I wish someone had the money and know-how to test of all Tesla's theories

[edit on 10/31/2009 by AnonymousMoose]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Figures that westerners would be too skeptical to give the guy the time of day, whereas the Chinese and other foreign countries would.

Science has taken place of religion in this country, not even the scientific method itself but just conventional scientific wisdom. People think if science hasn't validated something yet, then it's no good or doesn't exist. Instead of being used as a tool, science is a church now. Small minds always have to have some kind of crutch, I suppose.

It was never the average guy sitting in his chair waiting for the wife to feed him that came up with invention. It was the man who struggled to think how better to solve his situation, that he need not wait for anything.

Today, 99% of the population is made of those people sitting down, not making an effort, waiting for their serve.

Im suprised we even have motivation to evolve scientifically at all. Those that make the breaks, are the NWO out to get us. Those that don't reveal it, are the NWO out to hide things from us. Those that dont bother, are useless and why am I paying for them!!

... been a bad day. maybe I should go back to soothing music..

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If this is the real deal, it would mean a great technological leap in the coming decades. However, to me, and this is just my own humble opinion, the you tube vid looks a bit fake. The device looks like it may be positioned to hide the fact that it is on a rotation pedestal. I will give this more credence when I see something that shows empty space between the bottom of the device and the platform it was resting on.

@ ownbestenemy:

Simple. You up the amps.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by DerbyCityLights]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join