It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck Slams Obama Encouraging Volunteerism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Glenn Beck Slams Obama Encouraging Volunteerism

www.huffingtonpost.com

The Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF), a Hollywood charitable organization, has helped to organize a push in the television industry to encourage volunteerism among the citizenry. The support for volunteerism will be spread across 60 shows, and in some cases woven into the plot lines.

Enter Glenn Beck, who reads in this yet another conspiracy theory that President Obama is using Hollywood in an attempt to turn American in a communist nation: "Well, this is fantastic. It's almost like we're living in Mao's China right now."

Read more at: www.huffingtonpost.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-10-2009 by grover]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
There is no polite way of saying it...beck is an idiot

...and people who take him seriously are gullible at best.

Volunteerism is as American as the proverbial apple pie or barn raising and has been encouraged by just about every president that I can think of regardless of party...remember Bush senior's thousand points of light?

If he thinks encouraging volunteerism makes us anything like Mao's China he has idea what he is talking about.

As far as I can tell beck is simply mush loosebowels without a brain...

or maybe a walking talking manure spreader.

www.huffingtonpost.com

[edit on 20-10-2009 by grover]

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Any issue I have on the subject I started in this thread last week.

Titled, "Next week, the indoctrination starts."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just a couple of points
1. They will be directed towards websites that encourage debate on Obama's healthcare plan. Part of the volunteering will be to "debunk the myths of the rights attempt to stop healthcare reform." Or to participate in the debate about the risks and dangers
of global warming.

2. Another area of the website that the "kids" will be directed to is an anti-war site, a pro-islamic site. . . .

Nawwwwwwww, there's no agenda here.

Lets see, the media pushing for Obama's agendas. Using volunteerism. So if we criticize this, we criticize volunteerism?

This country scares me every day.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by grover

Any issue I have on the subject I started in this thread last week.

Titles, "Net week, the indoctrination starts."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just a couple of points
1. They will be directed towards websites that encourage debate on Obama's healthcare plan. Part of the volunteering will be to "debunk the myths of the rights attempt to stop healthcare reform." Or to participate in the debate about the risks and dangers
of global warming.

2. Another area of the website that the "kids" will be directed to is an anti-war site, a pro-islamic site. . . .

Nawwwwwwww, there's no agenda here.

Lets see, the media pushing for Obama's agendas. Using volunteerism. So if we criticize this, we criticize volunteerism?

This country scares me every day.

To add, hell of a post. Star.

And OP way to attack the messenger not the message. Good tactic, can you tell me if it is in your volunteer packet?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Prove it. Provide those links.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

www.createthegood.org...

www.createthegood.org... (psst, type in healthcare. . . )

www.idealist.org...

www.iparticipate.org...#

www.serve.gov... (this one scared me. Their banner. . . United We Serve)

For further information, here's a link to the person that wrote the story I had originally posted on.
bighollywood.breitbart.com...

"Part III: Obama Controls Your Television Set — Serve.gov or Serf.dom?"

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I love how all of these quotes are pulled out of context. I watched the show yesterday (surprised?) What Huffington didn't post is that Beck said that Americans are also the most generous people in the land and that we already volunteer a large portion of our time. I do. My retired parents do as well. Incidentally, many people who have recently lost their primary jobs have been forced to take on multiple part time jobs to make ends meet. Do they have time to take part in Obama's social engineering project?

23 million more Americans are volunteering today than in 1989.(1)
-- Since 1989, the reported number of Americans volunteering has
increased from 38.04 million to 61.80 million last year, an increase of more
than 60%.

The main problem Beck has is the fact that Hollywood is taking its marching orders from the White House and is actually writing this into scripts and building story lines around the theme. Additionally, they are running ads with web addresses to put people in touch with volunteer opportunities. Nothing like a link to planned parenthood on the Disney Chanel.

I have said this in the other recent threads on the topic that this is another phase in the Serve America Act. This law goes far deeper than simple volunteering. If you want to volunteer, go to your church or your city's website. Opportunities are everywhere!! Foodbanks need a lot of help this time of year.

Under President Obama's leadership the pace of our service movement continues to grow. The passage of the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act marked a new threshold of possibility with a dramatic expansion of national service and a Volunteer Generation Fund and Social Innovation fund to fuel human capital and change. President and Mrs. Obama made a call to action called United We Serve, and the Points of Light and Hands On Network became the largest on-the-ground support network answering the call, mobilizing and training a record number of volunteers.

Again, Beck isn't bashing volunteerism. He is being critical of the use of Hollywood, who just happens to be in Obama's back pocket, to convey the message in a way that we have never seen before. PROPAGANDA written into TV shows. This is just the beginning. Just wait until the work "campuses" ie. camps open up.

BTW there is a former president that has made service one of his major philanthropic projects.

Remember George HW Bush's "Points of Light" project? No one ever talks about this because it didn't come from the Progessives.

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 20-10-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Wow, this thread should be moved to hoax or just plain deleted to save some face. Left exposed yet again.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Very Nice job-)

Now There is nothing wrong with you volunteering, where you want to and when you want to, I dont see a problem with the President asking Americans to do just that, I do however have a problem with Hollywood opening there big ass mouths, just like Ashtons I pledge Video,

Note to HOLLYWOOD, you are here to entertain us, so get to the entertaining. We are bored.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

There is no polite way of saying it...beck is an idiot

...and people who take him seriously are gullible at best.

Volunteerism is as American as the proverbial apple pie or barn raising and has been encouraged by just about every president that I can think of regardless of party...remember Bush senior's thousand points of light?

If he thinks encouraging volunteerism makes us anything like Mao's China he has idea what he is talking about.

As far as I can tell beck is simply mush loosebowels without a brain...

or maybe a walking talking manure spreader.

www.huffingtonpost.com

[edit on 20-10-2009 by grover] [/quote

glen beck is an idiot but yet you quote the huffington post......liberals are so obvious, also if you could ver turn on the other side of your brain and listen to glen beck you would know he never asks anyone to listen to him he asks people to do their own homework , you should try it.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Since money is tight, my wife and I "tithe" our time. Usually service organizations on Hill AFB, or the hospital where my wife works.

Americans don't need to be TOLD to volunteer. IMHO.

This is just pushing agandas.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I saw one of these commercials last night for the first time and was the first I heard of this organization. It really came off weird the way it was worded and struck me odd that DC is going to these lengths to push their agenda. Especially being that most people I know do volunteer when they can by either labor or by charity funds. Unfortunately most people I know are working as much as possible just to make ends meat as of late. Kind of makes volunteering kinda difficult.

I've got a better idea, how about making people who get social entitlements have to work for those benefits? It would be great for those communities as most of the times these communities are run down anyways. It will instill a sense of pride and responsibility also. I know people will argue that this is government forced labor but nothing is for free. Working People are busting their backs in order to provide to the less fortunate. The least they can do is "volunteer" some of their plentiful time.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Encouraging volunteerism is a noble effort undertaken by every US President. However, this Administration’s national service outreach has led on multiple occasions to outright policy advocacy. I’ve shown this throughout my writing on the subject, with a primary focus on the National Endowment for the Arts. However, the Corporation for National and Community Service is playing an even bigger role in this White House effort, and I don’t think general volunteerism is the only goal in mind.

The national service initiative is being led by The Corporation for National and Community Service (The Corporation) and the White House Office of Public Engagement. On the now infamous August 10th conference call, Nell Abernathy of The Corporation introduced Buffy Wicks as the person who championed the art community’s involvement in the Obama election campaign as well as the person spearheading this national service initiative. Wicks, the Deputy Director of the Office of Public Engagement, explained the White House’s rationale for selecting service by stating, “part of my role [at the White House] is working on service, and so when we were thinking about how do we take a lot of this energy that’s out there, how do we translate folks who have just been engaged in electoral politics and engage them in really the process of governing, of being part of this administration in a little bit of a different way because politics is one thing and governing is something totally separate, we really saw service as the platform by which we can do that.”

The White House views service as a good way for those that have just been involved in electoral politics to stay active, and is driving them to Serve.gov to organize and manage them. Buffy Wicks didn’t state that national recovery was the rationale for encouraging partisans to serve. She conveyed that the White House was interested in transitioning partisans from the election cycle into the administration, and using “service” as the mechanism for this transition.

Source

Nope. I don't see any political overtones here.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Like the right doesn't make mountains out of molehills?

Oh yes and only right wing media sources like faux news are legit.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
More

These partisan volunteer efforts along with the expansion of The Corporation are alarming signs. Through expanding the size and power of The Corporation, the Administration is in essence organizing and increasing the pool of resources that helped it acquire power.

But another event, on further review, adds to concern about the use of The Corporation.

On June 11th, President Obama controversially fired Gerald Walpin, Inspector General of the Corporation for National and Community Service. The termination, possibly violating a watchdog protection law, was thought to be due in part to Walpin’s dogged persistence in pursuing the misuse of The Corporation’s funds by grant recipients, one of which was a big supporter of Obama, Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson. After a brief period, Johnson’s funding suspension by The Corporation was lifted, triggering Walpin to scold the agency’s board of directors for that decision. Walpin was later fired by the President with little explanation.

If Walpin’s funding misuse investigation showed the White House anything, it was that he was actually going to be a watchdog – a good quality in an Inspector General unless you don’t want the dog watching.

It is my hope that the mainstream media, along with Congress, begins to look into these White House volunteerism efforts with a bit more of a critical eye.

This new iParticipate initiative by the Entertainment Industry Foundation and The Corporation appears tame on review of the press release and website. But a memo uncovered by Big Hollywood shows that the TV networks are being encouraged by this initiative to infuse the issues of health, the environment, and energy into their storylines.

Such a close relationship between the government and the networks should leave many to wonder whether the networks are too close to the White House to be critical. And recent comments by Anita Dunn, White House Communications Director, attacking a legitimate news network seem designed as a preemptive strike to marginalize critical inquiry.

The free press needs to keep a critical eye, regardless of whether the White House likes a watchdog or not.

Source

This belongs here people, because it is a conspiracy. A huge one brought about by Obama and his cronies to gain further control over any and all aspects of what we, as americans, do.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I want to know if the people who dont volunteer are going to be turned in by their neighbor to some .gov website. This tactic has been used successfully many times throughout history.

If I dont want to volunteer my time, am I less of an american than you?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by jjkenobi

Like the right doesn't make mountains out of molehills?

Oh yes and only right wing media sources like faux news are legit.

FOX News is the ONLY news organization out there, right or wrong, that isn't obeying the Obama rules. FOX Entertainment division, is going along with it.

Chance321 found this, I'll give all credit to him
You weren't kidding. just checked the site an here's a listing of the shows that'll be on the brain wash bandwagon. Guess I'll be watching DVD's that week.

Check Out All The Participating Shows! Find Out How Your Favorites Are Taking Part.
By iParticipate on Tue, Oct 13 2009, 18:11:41 Below are some of the shows taking part in EIF's iParticipate campaign, and what they plan to do. (A "tag" means an in show announcement or promotion.)

Show............................................Participation
ABC
America's Funniest Home Videos............Segment
Brothers and Sisters..............................Script, tag
Castle...................................................Tag
Cougar Town.........................................Tag
Dancing With the Stars..........................Segment, tag
Desperate Housewives...........................Script, tag
Eastwick...............................................Tag
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition...........Story line, tag
Grey's Anatomy.....................................Script, tag
Hank.....................................................Tag
Modern Family.......................................Tag
Private Practice......................................Script, tag
Scrubs...................................................Tag
The Forgotten.........................................Script, tag
Ugly Betty..............................................Script, tag
All My Children........................................Script, tag
General Hospital......................................Script, tag
One Life to Live.......................................Script, tag
The View.................................................Segment, tag
Jimmy Kimmel Live!................................Segment, tag

NBC
30 Rock..................................................Script, tag
Access Hollywood....................................Segment, tag
Community.............................................Script, tag
Heroes....................................................Script, tag
Parks and Recreation...............................Script, tag
The Biggest Loser....................................Segment, tag
The Jay Leno Show.................................Segment, tag
The Office...............................................Script, tag
Today.....................................................Segment, tag

CBS
Accidentally on Purpose...........................Tag
Cold Case...............................................Script, tag
Criminal Minds.........................................Script, tag
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation................Script, tag
CSI: Miami..............................................Script, tag
CSI: NY..................................................Script, tag
Gary Unmarried.......................................Script, tag
Ghost Whisperer......................................Script, tag
How I Met Your Mother............................Script, tag
NCIS......................................................Script, tag
NCIS: Los Angeles..................................Tag
The New Adventures of Old Christine........Tag
Numb3rs................................................Script, tag
Rules of Engagement..............................Script, tag
The Big Bang Theory...............................Tag
The Mentalist..........................................Tag
Two and a Half Men.................................Tag
Late Show With David Letterman..............Segment, tag

FOX
America’s Most Wanted...........................Segment, tag
Bones.....................................................Tag
Brothers.................................................Script, tag
COPS.....................................................Segment, tag
Lie to Me.................................................Script, tag
Major League Baseball.............................Script,tag
So You Think You Can Dance?.................Segment, tag
’Til Death................................................Script, tag
The Wanda Sykes Show..........................Future segment, tag

The CW
I Pledge..................................................Committed

Nickelodeon
TeenNick HALO Awards...........................Segment, tag

WeTV
The Locator............................................Tag
My Fair Wedding.....................................Tag

Lifetime
Army Wives............................................Future story line
Project Runway.......................................Tag
Rita Rocks..............................................Tag
Sherri.....................................................Tag

BET
The Mo’Nique Show................................Tag

Disney Channel
Wizards of Waverly Place........................Script
Sonny With a Chance..............................Script
Hannah Montana.....................................Script
The Suite Life on Deck.............................Script

CNN
American Morning...................................Segment
Showbiz Tonight: HLN.............................Segment

CMT
CMT Top 20 Countdown...........................Segment
CMT Insider.............................................Segment

Syndicated Shows
The Dr. Oz Show.....................................Tag
Dr. Phil...................................................Segment(s), public service announcement
Entertainment Tonight / The Insider..........Segment, tag
Extra: The Entertainment Magazine..........Tag
Jerry Springer.........................................Tag
Judge Jeanine Pirro.................................Tag
Judge Mathis...........................................Tag
Maury.....................................................Tag

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I believe mikes post says it all. This has nothing to do with volunteerism. It has everything to do with using volunteerism to further the Obama agenda.

Look at the Acorn model. We all have seen it. Push to enroll everyone you can and get them hooked into pushing your agenda.

Seems like this is their modus operandi. I believe this may be their chink in the armor folks. Thanks Grover. Look at it this way, they are using funds set for volunteering. If they use any of these funds for their agenda it could be fraud.

I am going to call a lawyer I know and see if this is illegal!

edit to reference mikerusselus post

[edit on 10/20/2009 by endisnighe]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Remixtup
I want to know if the people who dont volunteer are going to be turned in by their neighbor to some .gov website. This tactic has been used successfully many times throughout history.

If I dont want to volunteer my time, am I less of an american than you?

I'm sorry, but yes, yes you are.

Now say you're sorry, and go to the nearest ACORN office. You can help a nice couple and their 15 South American "nieces" move into their new home.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This is one of the reasons I'm thankful for DVR, I can just skip thru the commercials.

However, in last week's CSI episode I saw where there were a couple of "subliminal" messages (tho' that's not supposed to work). The first one I noticed was the "Yes We Can" flag banner that was on top of the restaurant that was spotlighted. It took me until the end of the program (don't know if the name was given beforehand) to catch what the name of the restaurant was....."The White House".

So Hollywood has started embedding Obama's agenda before this week.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join