It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to Humans?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Perhaps we have been repeating a cycle of growth and self-destruction for some time now. It would not surprise me if we were to eventually find out that we had been a highly technological society before and nuked each other, leaving a small number behind to rebuild, causing knowledge to be lost to the struggle for survival.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Human development has been exponential.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be02fcca0f71.gif[/atsimg]
NOTE: This is for demonstrative purposes only.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ominousbeing

Yes I agree. The common story of the Noah's Ark, might actually be true, although the two of each animal in the whole world is complete bs, and irrational to think about actually happening. The fact of there being a huge flood could entirely be a possibility.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

i agree i see the story evolving something like this.

there once was a massive flood.

Alot of people died and whole cities were lost.

this left an extremely deep scar in the psyche of the survivors.

after a time the story was told to children of this great flood.

and as the story was told over and over through the generations questions arose..
"daddy how did we live throught it?"

"well dear one man was told by god to build a boat"

"daddy how did all the animals survive?"

"well dear he gathered two of every type and brought them on his boat"

you get the idea....

any way thanks for the thread, i have always found it interesting that whenever you read about vast depository's of information from the ancient past, you always read on to find out that they were burned to the ground or destroyed in a war or plundered for thier stone to be used in new buildings etc...

~meathead

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

May be of interest.

www.ubthenews.com/Adam & Eve

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ominousbeing
Considering the mainstream science and taking into fact that homo-sapiens are 200,000 years old. What happened to our history? Where is it? If we've been here for that long surely we couldn't have just in the past 15,000 made a decent civilization, such as the Sumerians and Egyptians. Where is the rest of our history, were we just banging our heads against rocks for that time. I believe not. Whats your opinion. What do you think about this.

i think the entire pacific ocean looks like the profile face of a primate, our most closely related relative on this rock...

i think the mathematical probability of the entire shoreline from Alaska to the Southern tip of South America exceeds my current imagination ..

what numbers would one plug into what equasion to figure out the last shoreline "discovered" on earth would look like us???

i also think there are truisms encrypted and encoded into the words and names of .... labels...

some of my thoughts,
ET

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
What happened to humans is this.

We love killing each other and letting each other suffer and starve.

On top of that, we have always been lied to.

Ugh, no hope really.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Development for advanced human civilization would have required precise circumstances in many different levels. An ample supply of food, an agreeable environment, and sheer luck. When food became more abundant and methods of storing it for longer than immediate use came around, individual humans had more time to perform other tasks that were not focused strictly on survival. Civilization cannot grow when your only concerns are food and shelter.

If the environment was too arid, then people would be too focused on finding water and food to settle down and begin city life. If the environment was too cold, they'd still be hunting for food and warmth to avoid freezing to death.

The first city in the world could have formed a hundred thousand years ago, but it only lasted a few months because the people were poor cleaners and a plague manifested. If nature didn't set back early human development, then the lack of knowledge most certainly would have. Human growth is exponential and grows faster when you have a past to base your theories off of. Why would an ancient caveman know how to grow food?

Why would it even occur to him that planting seeds would mean he could control when and where the food would grow? The caveman who would discover this would have to have the perfect circumstances individually to figure out that certain seeds grow into food. Never mind figuring out all the other ins and outs of agriculture that fueled early civilization.

My main concern with theories of ancient civilizations is the lack of ruins. If massive highly advanced metropolises existed as some have said, where are the ruins? Surely something would have survived even the worst case scenario. If someone were to dig up the remains of an ancient car or structure, then perhaps I'd be swayed.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Quinctilius Varus

I'm kinda with you there I want evidence that is incontrovertible but I think it's there ,we just don't know what we're looking at, things like the Antikithera Device

and a model airplane in Ancient Egypt that has been proven it could fly and a whole bunch that you can find sprinkled through out ATS alone

I kinda think that we have this evidence stored in the dusty vaults of our museums and it just takes the right pair of eyes to see it

but it would be cool to find a vimana intact enough to at least say looky here ! a fighter plane and it's 18,000 years old ! Nobody would love that more than me

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
We were created and brought here by aliens! It probably sounds ridiculous, but it is much more realistic then a magic man in the sky creating us.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It's a very interesting discussion, and I think there's a big chance as a species, we could have achived a pretty respectable level of civilzation time and again before. As others have said, the world (even by entirely natural rules) levels the field and rebuilds again.

Civilization as know it now didn't just pop up in a second, it's taken a while, but even if we take it by the single version we generally accept now...we've peaked to where we are now pretty quickly from candles in the wind.

Having said that, I think plenty of factors have worked their way into the equation for us to get where we are now. I think there stands a high chance we achieved a surprising level of technology in the past, to explain away certian mysteries that have long stood.

Agree with those that have suggested the now watery depths as an insight into mankind's past on this planet, though. The winds can change very quickly, and the shape of a planet, even if it's just a nip and a tuck here and here, can likewise change, smudging a fair whack of history out of clear sight.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quinctilius Varus
Development for advanced human civilization would have required precise circumstances in many different levels. An ample supply of food, an agreeable environment, and sheer luck. When food became more abundant and methods of storing it for longer than immediate use came around, individual humans had more time to perform other tasks that were not focused strictly on survival. Civilization cannot grow when your only concerns are food and shelter.

If the environment was too arid, then people would be too focused on finding water and food to settle down and begin city life. If the environment was too cold, they'd still be hunting for food and warmth to avoid freezing to death.

The first city in the world could have formed a hundred thousand years ago, but it only lasted a few months because the people were poor cleaners and a plague manifested. If nature didn't set back early human development, then the lack of knowledge most certainly would have. Human growth is exponential and grows faster when you have a past to base your theories off of. Why would an ancient caveman know how to grow food?

Why would it even occur to him that planting seeds would mean he could control when and where the food would grow? The caveman who would discover this would have to have the perfect circumstances individually to figure out that certain seeds grow into food. Never mind figuring out all the other ins and outs of agriculture that fueled early civilization.

My main concern with theories of ancient civilizations is the lack of ruins. If massive highly advanced metropolises existed as some have said, where are the ruins? Surely something would have survived even the worst case scenario. If someone were to dig up the remains of an ancient car or structure, then perhaps I'd be swayed.

Not really. The more advanced a civilization is, the less likely remnants of it will survive(bigger they are, harder they fall). Most cars would disintegrate within a century or less. Wood structures would rot, concrete would fall apart. Ruins from 2,000 years ago, even with the aid of modern technology are barely still standing(Coliseum, Parthenon). Now throw in 10,000 to 50,000 years.....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Okay think of it this way, Atlantis, Supposedly the most advanced civilization to ever exist, The Bermuda triangle, Whatever goes in there never returns correct? What if the Atlantian's didn't want there technology used for 'evil' purposes? Or what they viewed as evil? Atlantis could have been so advanced as to have some sort of Time Rupturing Device, What if they placed it in a triangle position and the Bermuda Triangle actually is where Atlantis is hiding? Civilization has been around for a minimum of 10,000 years according to the bible, 8,000 according to the government and 100-200,000 according to our history books. Who's to say exactly how long human's have been around? History says that our Mother Earth has been around for billions and billions and billions of years yes? How do we know Human's and Civilization's haven't been around for millions of years? The meteor that destroyed the dinosaurs could've EASILY destroyed early civilizations

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike84596
Someone was talking about the Egyptians and - I think the Egyptians had contact with extra terrestrials. (anyone ever see the Egyptian head on mars?)

Anyways what if society 100,000 years ago, got to a point where they killed themselves off where there was such a minuscule amount of man kind left, it slowly started to rebuild itself.
There's ALOT of stuff we should find out about our old old old ancestors. Real interesting stuff we could learn and prosper from.

That head was nothing but an optical illusion

Everyone thinks its extra terrestrials because of that 1 picture, they ignore the pictures we took later on when our camera technology became more advanced.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Interesting

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

You need to check the Mars library for details

2nd

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

Not that I put any weight in what the Bible says, but just as a little factet the Bible doesn't actually say they took 2 of every animal, they took seven pairs of the "clean animals" and one pair of the "dirty ones"

God instructs Noah to board the Ark with his family, seven pairs of the birds and the clean animals, and one pair of the unclean animals. "

edit on 11-11-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
That's why we need to rise up and 'fight' for our civilization, its proven that humans have began a steady decline in numbers and in about 1000 years we will become a race in danger of extinction.

Besides that we need to create a big library where to store every info we can get about our history, without that we loose our identity.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
You can create a million libraries ... with whatever information you see fit...but the bottom line is that this world will end one day, and that information will do no one any good.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ominousbeing
Considering the mainstream science and taking into fact that homo-sapiens are 200,000 years old. What happened to our history? Where is it? If we've been here for that long surely we couldn't have just in the past 15,000 made a decent civilization, such as the Sumerians and Egyptians. Where is the rest of our history, were we just banging our heads against rocks for that time. I believe not. Whats your opinion. What do you think about this.

I'm glad you place mainstream scientistic dogma in the Conspiracy Theorists category.

"Lucy" was found to be a million years old. There a man-made bridge near Indonesia that's 100-million-years old. Whole cities are underwater near Japan and in the Gulf of Mexico. And you can Google these discoveries for yourself.

Sumerians, Babylonians, Egyptians and Romans account for Roman Law, which protects the rights of Elites and which derives from Annunaki ideology, coming here from the Orion Constellation Group with each regular passage of Nibiru. By contrast, Anglo-Saxon Law [Keeping the Peace] derives from Natural Law, Mosaic Law, which places every citizen at parity. [www.holyconservancy.org...]

Roman Law [the Holy Roman Empire] preceded the Hierarchies of the Church and the Third Reich, which set legal and behavioral precedents through Mystery Schools for the New World Order. There's a direct line of descent from Sumeria to the United Nations Assembly of favored and predatory Elites.

As you know, indigenous peoples who live close to the ground have absolutely no use to the originators and maintainers of the global currency system which we have; so they must be eradicated according to Population Reduction statutes, is the official policy.

It's not that history has no validation; it's that history has been written by the predatory winners and top-cat classes. People who sell their labor are not represented in history.

And that's my take on it.

Shech--

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Lost history of us is yet to be uncovered, destroyed or not even.

we can only blaime those who are close minded and dont care about preservation of the past.

Most people are just out to make a name for themselves and do not care about anything else.
edit on 16-11-2010 by platipus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join