It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to Humans?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Considering the mainstream science and taking into fact that homo-sapiens are 200,000 years old. What happened to our history? Where is it? If we've been here for that long surely we couldn't have just in the past 15,000 made a decent civilization, such as the Sumerians and Egyptians. Where is the rest of our history, were we just banging our heads against rocks for that time. I believe not. Whats your opinion. What do you think about this.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ominousbeing
Considering the mainstream science and taking into fact that homo-sapiens are 200,000 years old. What happened to our history? Where is it? If we've been here for that long surely we couldn't have just in the past 15,000 made a decent civilization, such as the Sumerians and Egyptians. Where is the rest of our history, were we just banging our heads against rocks for that time. I believe not. Whats your opinion. What do you think about this.

Regardless of the specific time lines provided by evolutionary theory & the fossil record, I think everyone could agree with the statement that humans have been on earth a long time. Lately I've been reading a book by Jonathan Gray called "Dead Men's Secrets". He goes into (I think) the issues you raise in your above post. In his book, he reports ancient nuclear technology.

Here is a youtube presentation of the book by pro se lawyer George Gordon:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 19-10-2009 by MKULTRA]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
ive always had a hunch that we as humans have been on this planet along longer then the governments would like us to believe.

the good thing though is, we arent going to be here much longer! WEWTZ!!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The number I have heard most often is 100,000 years. Humans have been indistinguishable from people today for almost 100,000 years.

Here is my simple one-word answer to your question.

Underwater!

Consider two things:
1. Most of the world's population currently lives on or near the coast.
2. At the end of the last ice age sea levels rose over 400 feet.

Now ask yourself....if that were to happen today, what would the impact be on our civilization?

Most of the South China Sea is only 100 feet deep.

The land between Greece and Turkey was mostly above water during the last ice age.

I am really excited about the attention global warming is getting; hopefully historians will finally start thinking about the last time this happened just before civilization "suddenly" appeared 8000 years ago.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ominousbeing

What happened to our history is that a bunch of men wearing dresses destroyed all vestiges of it whenever and wherever they appeared (think about the repeated ransacking of the Alexandrian and Bagdad libraries.) We have a history, a very rich one...but it doesnt tally with the versions given by the eclesiastical components of our f%^&ed up societies!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplausibleDeniability

The number I have heard most often is 100,000 years. Humans have been indistinguishable from people today for almost 100,000 years.

That's actually closer to 200.000 Years.
Neanderthal was around even longer than that.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Personally, I am inclined to believe that we are a race that was nearly lost.

Our myths and ancient lore hint that there is more to human history than our academic scholars seem driven to pursue.

I would not be surprised if as many global oral histories seem to indicate, we are only now relearning what we once knew 10,000 years ago.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Our myths and ancient lore hint that there is more to human history than our academic scholars seem driven to pursue.

I would not be surprised if as many global oral histories seem to indicate, we are only now relearning what we once knew 10,000 years ago.

Yes I agree. The common story of the Noah's Ark, might actually be true, although the two of each animal in the whole world is complete bs, and irrational to think about actually happening. The fact of there being a huge flood could entirely be a possibility.

dsc.discovery.com...

so this is one possibility which might be. Plus many other 'Myths' (possibly facts) of that time and era, have indication of a great flood happening. Maybe Atlantis was destroyed due to the floods, it might not even be submerged rather wiped off.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Ominousbeing]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

I'm inclined to believe this as well.

With this exception: My opinion is that back in the ancient times everyone knew more or less what technology was available, it was probably more of an "open" society than we have now with the excessive government cover ups.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Jeremiah Sitchin has some interesting theories.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If someone does know they do not want us to know.
How many times in your own life time have you seen history books re written.
They are used as propaganda to push the current political agenda for a region.

How many times in our life have you seen armies destroy useful artifacts and things of the past . This has been ongoing in the name of power and mind control. Not a device to control your mind, but by creating or destroying our own history to control how we think, and view our world.

Power, greed and agenda has never changed and sadly I do not think it ever will. There is always one that wants total control and there always more followers then leaders.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by amatrine]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Not always is conspiracy and propganda to blame. The world has been destroyed and reborn many times, and it will continue to do so. That is the motion of life itself. It is no suprise that we've not scratched the surface of our origins, for it's been buried and forgotten countless times over.

The past is not important, nor is the future. There is only this moment, and how you perceive it will ultimately define the next moment.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I don't know. I know there are theories out there about ancient civilizations and ancient astronauts and things like that. But I'm going to play the devils advocate here. Could it be that we as humanity haven't really developed until the last few thousand years? Think about it. Human kind didn't really evolve until 1,000 years ago. We as a human species are still evolving. We're still getting smarter. Could it just be that we don't have written records of what happened 10,000 years ago and that's what happened then and that's that? That could always be a possibility. Although I would like to know what happened in the agrarian societies of 200,000 years back.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteravenwaiting
reply to post by Ominousbeing

What happened to our history is that a bunch of men wearing dresses destroyed all vestiges of it whenever and wherever they appeared (think about the repeated ransacking of the Alexandrian and Bagdad libraries.) We have a history, a very rich one...but it doesnt tally with the versions given by the eclesiastical components of our f%^&ed up societies!

I agree, a lot of our history was trashed as new belief system came out and much sciencewas destroyed and and books banned. There were cultures rich in advances-but 'explorers tended to destroy it all when faced with something different or foreign. The rest of our history that predates writing-may be in pictures perhaps or drawings on cave walls.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The numbers we are talking about are pretty big. Even 20,000 years is a heck of alot of time never mind 150,000 or 200,000 years. Im sure we have alot more to discover about our ancestors and their civilizations, but due to mother nature it will be very hard to find. Imagine what a small city today would be like in 200,000 years if left abandoned even with modern materials. I think small pockets of peoples had a more complex civilization than we think over the past 100,000 years. I don't think for a second they were as advanced as alot of conspiracy theorists try to make out though, compared to today they would still be very much primitive to us. No problem with that of course and shouldn't make our history any less exciting that they were not as technological advanced as some people would like. In the end these early civilizations built the foundations for all of mankind, even if it were lost and rediscovered over the course of history.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Someone was talking about the Egyptians and - I think the Egyptians had contact with extra terrestrials. (anyone ever see the Egyptian head on mars?)

Anyways what if society 100,000 years ago, got to a point where they killed themselves off where there was such a minuscule amount of man kind left, it slowly started to rebuild itself.
There's ALOT of stuff we should find out about our old old old ancestors. Real interesting stuff we could learn and prosper from.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think it has only been recently that a few new ancient structures have been found. I believe its very likely that ancient people were more intelligent than we are led to believe, but due to some historians, archeologists, and others not wanting to 'rock the boat' and of course mother nature herself, I don't think we will find out.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Cosmic Code by Zecharia Sitchin, the only book I have ever read in full upon the subject of Reptilian aliens manipulating human history, ends by mentioning that Babylonian myths predating Biblical sources, when discussing an event strikingly similar to the biblical flood, state that Reptilian aliens triggered a melting of the polar ice caps intentionally to kill off all humans.

Enki tried to save the humans and lived in the water. He was half brother to Enlil, who attempted to bind him contractually to prevent him from warning the humans.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
200,000 years is a heck of alot of time. Im sure there were more civilizations like the sumerians pocketed across the world before them, i say pocketed as i don't believe such societies were wide spread and could only flourish in the right environment. Like i said though,it's a long time and nature doing what it does best has gobbled it all up which makes it harder to uncover than more recent and prevalent civilizations. And i don't adhere to any alien aspect regarding our history...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
edited

[edit on 23-1-2010 by December_Rain]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join