It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Escalates War at Fox News

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Remixtup
reply to post by manxman2

I'm surprised the entire population of this site doesn't already have you on ignore. Its obvious "by your own admission" you have NOTHING to contribute to the dialog.

Edit: How does one rack up -(yes minus)5235 ats points?

[edit on 10/19/2009 by Remixtup]

one probably racks up -5235 ats points by telling arrogant w@nkers like you where to shove your thoughts.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Without reading through all your diatribe, can I assume that since you've never watched FOX, you are arguing the administrations talking points?

How much does that pay?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
These are some of the first shots of the revoultion being fired back you and me. Tea parties were the people shooting the first shoots at the Big Bad Wolf.

Things are going to start to esclate and at a faster rate. Get ready for whatever your plan may be.

Ps.....what happened to Warenb? He was banned .....why?

[edit on 10/19/2009 by Grayelf2009]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

Wow...really, nail Fox by using the FCC? Now that is a dangerous road to take. Their commentators (ie. Hannity, O'Reiley, et al) are sensationalist, but so are CNN's...what about Cafferty anyone?

Their news reporting is different. Wallace is probably the best there is in the business right now and he asks tough questions, plays devil's advocate by asking questions that are even against the supposed slant of the news agenda.

Seems people are unable to differentiate between commentary (read that as opinion if that helps) and news reporting. Are they all good? No, but what 'news' outlet actually has 100% objective reporting? None, we all know that.

My thoughts, the WH is scrambling. They have someone that is providing resistance to what they think to be their right to do what they want since they won in the last elections. By subjecting themselves into this fight along with this push to get other news outlets to back them is actually a really scary thought. Oppose us and we will use the bully pulpit to silence you and make you look bad. Question us? How dare you! I can see it now, the other news organizations don't follow and what happens then? Does the WH then also attack them?

It has always been about controlling information, President Bush was overt in it and President Obama is just taking it to the next step.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Out of the hundreds of people that I know, one voted for him and only one still likes him. The girl is clueless but thats her right i guess. If we had a vote today it would be a landslide for Obama because they are rigged elections.

They had proof along time ago that the elections results can be hacked and changed. For all we know Obama got one hundred thousand votes to McCain's millions. The Media is so corrupt we would never know.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Obama is Americas' Hugo Chavez, who surrounded himself with a pack of vermin with plans to replace our version of what is American with his definition, replacing constitutional process with Czars, and plans to take over the Energy, Financial, Auto manufacturing, and Media industries.

Whoops, they've already done that.

Who says Obama is a do-nothing who never accomplished anything?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Like I showed you earlier you Europeans are just as bad if not worse then America.

www.globalpolitician.com...
www.defensenews.com...
monitor.net...

africanhistory.about.com...
www.workmall.com...
memory.loc.gov.../cstdy:@field(DOCID+ng0019)

And I could go on and on who Europeans are worse then we are, but the difference between us you know where we stand, you are wisht washy at best (excluding G.B)

[edit on 19-10-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
FoxNews isn't really news, is it? And there's plenty of factual data to uphold that statement. So what would be the big deal with they White House just stating this and making it clear...if indeed they even need to do anything at all? The White House starting a "war" with them is disappointing and probably gives Fox more of exactly what they want...attention. As if they really matter. If I were in charge, I'd just laugh at them. Also? CNN and MSNBC are hardly better.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
Fox news and the Fox Corp. are god awful creatures that should meet a terrible demise. My parents have been working on shows for them for years, and they're seriously the worst people to work for.

I don't feel bad that the whitehouse is encouraging people NOT to watch it.

seriously, the people who keep Bill O'Reilley on the air?

eff that.

It's so NOT American to want to censor for EVERYONE what we don't think we want to hear.

Some people just need to grow thicker skins - starting right at the top with obama and his administration right on down through all obama's minions to the members here.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by piddles
Fox news and the Fox Corp. are god awful creatures that should meet a terrible demise. My parents have been working on shows for them for years, and they're seriously the worst people to work for.

I don't feel bad that the whitehouse is encouraging people NOT to watch it.

seriously, the people who keep Bill O'Reilley on the air?

eff that.

It's so NOT American to want to censor for EVERYONE what we don't think we want to hear.

Some people just need to grow thicker skins - starting right at the top with obama and his administration right on down through all obama's minions to the members here.

It is so NOT American for a media outlet of any persuasion, news, entertainment, sports, whatever, to blatantly lie to its viewers.

It is so NOT American for a anyone to slander and libel people.

It is so NOT American for anyone to create wholly false and scandalous fiction pieces then pass them off as truth for the sole purpose of a political hatchet job, and when caught out, shrug it off with a "we just report, we have no obligation to confirm".

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

i can't stand to listen to them, all day long they put him down and i think they are the most un-patriotic, hatred-induced stations on TV.
this is the way our country works, through elections, and if the republicans and FOX don't like the way our country works ...move the hell out.

Instead of all that, why can't people who don't like the slant of certain news programmes just CHANGE THE CHANNEL.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Yeah so you should tell MSNBC to quit lying to people about Healthcare Reform. Every day the number of Amercians who support HCR grows by another percentage point according to them, while every poll tends to show a decline in support over time.

It is so NOT American for a anyone to slander and libel people.

Yeah so you should tell Rev. Al and his cronies to quit slandering Rush Limbaugh and half of the white people in this country.

It is so NOT American for anyone to create wholly false and scandalous fiction pieces then pass them off as truth for the sole purpose of a political hatchet job, and when caught out, shrug it off with a "we just report, we have no obligation to confirm".

Oh are you referring to the Obama campaign and how they pretended to be for freedom and democracy, but then moved a bunch of communists into the White House?

[edit on 19-10-2009 by KissMyBass]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Does this really surprise anyone anymore? Not me. Obama has always wined like a spoiled child when he does not get his way. It is time for Obama to get over himself. If he does not like Fox News then he should not watch it.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I find it laughable that repeatedly throughout this thread, some insist that Fox News Channel lies. Yet, having read virtually every post, there is not one example of a lie.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I don't care if you are Right or Left, the idea of the President attacking any media should terrify you all. If it does not, why are you on a conspiracy board as this is a genuine conspiracy by the White House.

I do think this one is easy to figure out though. It has nothing to do with FoxNews. It is all about the negotiations for the Health Care Bill not going as well as Obama wants and the Dem's are turning on him. This is about diverting your attention from that as well as the fact people are finally getting it that he told a pack of lies to get elected.

Or (theory #2) they are trying to force FoxNews to eliminate Beck. Just as bad. Either way its an attempt to usurp freedom of the press and free speech.

No transparency.

No withdrawal from Iraq.

Escalation in Afghanistan.

No posting of Bills "five days" before he signs one.

He signed bills full of earmarks even though he pledged not to sign any bill with earmarks to get elected.

I'm an Independent but if I were a Dem, I'd be plenty pissed off about now.

No matter how you slice it though, the White House trying to control the media is just plain Orwellian and people should be plenty afraid. He may well be the greatest danger to freedom to ever occupy the White House. Nixon was a saint in comparison. Not to mention Nixon was the only other President to openly go after the media.

When the person in the White House tries to do away with a news network just because they are not supporting him, be afraid. Very afraid!
Pray those in Congress wise up before it is too late. Radio and the Internet are next. Goodbye ATS and any site like this.

This is some scary stuff folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I do think this one is easy to figure out though. It has nothing to do with FoxNews. It is all about the negotiations for the Health Care Bill not going as well as Obama wants and the Dem's are turning on him.

It has everything to do with Fox news.

The propaganda coming from fox helped destroy the health care bill.

The public option was the only chance of creating competition for insurance companies that would lead to cheaper health care for everyone.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

54% of the country is opposed to the health care bill. What's your point. You opposed to Free Speech and a Free Press? You must be?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hell, when their is no one giving an alternative viewpoint is that when we have peace. I use to love the viewpoint that once all of ones enemies have been destroyed peace will exist.

You all better be afraid, as others have said.

Be afraid when their
are no dissenting opinions.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

What? I thought fox news only preaches to the choir... now you give them the power of bringing down HCR??? Cant have it both ways

edit to add: Government NEVER competes with the private sector. The private sectors tax dollars pay for the government so that is an oxymoron.

[edit on 10/19/2009 by Remixtup]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It just occurred to me that most conspiracies theories on ATS are based on little or no evidence. This one is not a theory; it is a fact that Obama is trying to silence his opponents.

It just does not matter which side you are on. This is scary stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join