It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Poised to Cede US Sovereignty, Claims British Lord

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Skimming through the treaty, I came across verification of Monckton’s assessment of the new entity’s purpose:

Here is the Copenhagen Treaty(PDF): wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com...

38. The scheme for the new institutional arrangement under the Convention will be based on three basic pillars: government; facilitative mechanism; and financial mechanism, and the basic organization of which will include the following:

World Government (heading added)

(a) The government will be ruled by the COP with the support of a new subsidiary body on adaptation, and of an Executive Board responsible for the management of the new funds and the related facilitative processes and bodies. The current Convention secretariat will operate as such, as appropriate.

To Redistribute Wealth (heading added)

B. The Convention’s financial mechanism will include a multilateral climate change fund including five windows: (a) an Adaptation window, B. a Compensation window, to address loss and damage from climate change impacts [read: the "climate debt" Monckton refers to], including insurance, rehabilitation and compensatory components, © a Technology window; (d) a Mitigation window; and (e) a REDD window, to support a multi-phases process for positive forest incentives relating to REDD actions.

With Enforcement Authority (heading added)
© The Convention’s facilitative mechanism will include: (a) work programmes for adaptation and mitigation; B. a long-term REDD process; © a short-term technology action plan; (d) an expert group on adaptation established by the subsidiary body on adaptation, and expert groups on mitigation, technologies and on monitoring, reporting and verification; and (e) an international registry for the monitoring, reporting and verification of compliance of emission reduction commitments, and the transfer of technical and financial resources from developed countries to developing countries. The secretariat will provide technical and administrative support, including a new centre for information exchange [read; enforcement].

Anybody paying attention...?

[edit on 20-10-2009 by acidhead43]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The UN Climate change conference is scheduled for December 7-18 2009.

1. Cap and trade is not getting out of the Senate in any meaningful form. EPA will announce its own emissions reduction timetable (without a specific mechanism).

The purpose is to give Obama something to take to Copenhagen.

2. The lack of a specific mechanism is required to stave off immediate litigation, which would impact Obama’s credibility.

3. Obama will descend upon a “deadlocked” Copenhagen, and

4. Some type of “agreement” will miraculously appear, in which China and India(India did Yesterday October 19 2009 --Anybody pay any attention...?) announce some “intent” to reduce future emissions on a schedule that lags that agreed to by the EU–which will impose restrictions upon itself slightly more intensive than what EPA announces.

5. All will declare victory. Obama will be the savior.

6. And the western-whiplashed- abused taxpayer will be left saying, "What the HELL just happened".

[edit on 20-10-2009 by acidhead43]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The clock on their website just bugs me.

unfccc.int...

Like they are saying, "There's only so many days left."

And they just can't wait for the day to come. It just irks me.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by SoLittleTimeToRead]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This recently popped up on my google alerts. It's quite frightening in its implications. I haven't yet had a chance to read the treaty to determine exactly how I really feel about it. One thing to consider, I know a lot of new agers are led to believe we can expect a different kind of currency (Nesara), all peoples will share equally, etc. Wonder if this has something to do with that.
Star and flag.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Just realized something else. If I read it right, the meeting is Dec. 7 - it will be 68 years since Dec. 7 1941 - the day Pearl Harbor was bombed. This is sick.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well it won't be long now before we are all F'ed in the A with a massive D.

Hope you enjoyed what freedom you did have in the meantime.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I live in the USA and I have been asking people if they have even heard of the copenhagen treaty -- EVERYONE says no.

When I go into what the treaty will/could do
THEY LAUGH AT ME.

Even my own mother, dentist, ANYONE who I tell . . .

uhhh

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Article from TIMESONLINE 10/24/2009:

President Obama won't talk climate change in Copenhagen

(I don't know about the content or view of that publication, but I am sure a lot of you do)

Also Lord Monckton is being interviewed next week on a highly rated TV network/show, so the word is getting out. I was talking about this last week to a friend who said "this is just crazy, it will never happen" - well today I received an email from her (had been forwarded umpteen times!) warning everyone about it! I am sure this isn't the end of it, but at least more people are waking up!

Hope I linked the article correctly - not that experienced with linking!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join