It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Poised to Cede US Sovereignty, Claims British Lord

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The Minnesota Free Market Institute hosted an event at Bethel University in St. Paul on Wednesday evening. Keynote speaker Lord Christopher Monckton, former science adviser to British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, gave a scathing and lengthy presentation, complete with detailed charts, graphs, facts, and figures which culminated in the utter decimation of both the pop culture concept of global warming and the credible threat of any

significant anthropomorphic climate change.

A detailed summary of Monckton's presentation will be available here once compiled. However, a segment of his remarks justify immediate publication. If credible, the concern Monckton speaks to may well prove the single most important issue facing the American nation, bigger than health care, bigger than cap and trade, and worth every citizen's focused attention. See link for speech

One of many websites carrying the full speech.

www.campaignforliberty.com...

[edit on 15-10-2009 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Treaties are potentially so threatening to the sovereignty of the individual States and the Union of These States that two thirds of the Senators are required to be convinced that the treaty under consideration does not contravene the U.S. Constitution and/or adversely impact on the retained functions and interests of the States before they consent/ratify.

In 1789, the States directly ratified the Constitution --- as per Article VII. Since then, the States through their representatives (their Senators) must also ratify any treaty --- Article II, Section 2, paragraph 2 --- for the same reason, namely, that the creators (the States) must have the final say.

There is a pecking order: God made People, People made States, States made the Union. Therefore, the Union is beholden to the States, the States are beholden to the People, and all three are beholden to God.

Further, Article VI, paragraph 2 quoted above commands that if and when all of the above requirements for a treaty are met --- that is, a) it does not contradict the Constitution; b) it is negotiated by the President who has sworn to not violate, and who in fact is not violating the Constitution; and c) it is ratified by two thirds of the State-defending-Senators who have sworn to not violate, and who do not by their vote violate the Constitution --- then, and only then, may the treaty in question go into full force and effect for the Union and for all of the individual States in the Union. This latter consequence is the reason for Article VI, paragraph 2 to conclude:

"...and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the [not "this"] Constitution [ of any State] or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding. [Emphasis added.]"

So, the Judges in each State must obey a bona fide treaty, even if the treaty is contrary to that state's Constitution or contrary to any law of that state.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is a post I did in political issues. You might find it interesting and on topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-10-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Is it me or are things becoming surreal?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

That's what happens when things start to click perfectly into place. There are a lot of things clicking into place these days.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_am_Spartacus

It sure is, this is an important topic, and look at the few responses, I don't get it.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

All these topics need to be somehow merged into a more cohesive picture, changes are happening quickly.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by I_am_Spartacus

It sure is, this is an important topic, and look at the few responses, I don't get it.

I hate to say it, but I think the reason there are so few responses is for two reasons. 1.) There has been so much of this sort of talk in the last year that people are now numb to the fact that it is actually possible. 2.) Alot of poeple do not understand fully what the impact of something like this could be.

The likelihood of something like this actually happening is slim, but based on what I have seen so far in the game I wouldn't rule anything impossible.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This crap has been in the works for quite a while. Congress didn't just come up with the "CAP & TRADE" bill out of nowhere. It has always been a setup. Obama will probably find some way to skirt ratification through the Senate. Just as Bush did with the Partners for Prosperity Treaty.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I like to think I'm educated, but I read the first couple of posts last night and didn't understand where the loss of sovereignty comes in. The transfer of funds from rich to poor nations I understand, to help them prevent adding to the global warming we (allegedly) caused, affords them funding to go straight from little or no electricity generation to windfarms, solar generation and such like rather than coal, oil etc. Surely any incoming Republican administration can repeal this (voluntary) treaty ??

With respect to Christopher Monckton, he's not particularly well known over here in UK. Kudos to him for his work debunking global warming. But I don't understand the sovereignty thing, apols. Can someone better explain it ?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

I wouldn't rule anything impossible.

exactly

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This topic was discussed very in deep a while back when it became news, but as usual we have been inundated with many other "issues" that people has become oblivious of the repercussion of the what I call the CRAP and trade bill.

Remember this bill is been pushed by over a thousand lobbyist that are all to profit from it.

As usual is not the will of the people that is taken into consideration but the will of interest groups.

Americas lack of interest in the different governmental processes is what eroding this nations will to fight for what is considered ours.

But this what you get when the only way to go is trusting those that we are believed to elect.

the health care bill is nothing compare to what we are going to be heading with the CRAP and trade bill if passed.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think there are so few posts for a few different reasons. Some people believe in our savior so much they are willing to have complete faith in his actions even if the evidence is stairing them in the face.
Secondly you have those who have given up and are so stressed they have stopped watching this happen, it's like watching a train accident. You know it's coming there is very little you can do to stop the train and you turn away so you don't have to witness it. Thirdly there are those who have seen the writing on the wall and decided to be quite less they attract the wrong kind of attention from an Administration who has shown a willingness to punish those who speak out. Lastly you have those making plans and too busy with those plans to contribute.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

the health care bill is nothing compare to what we are going to be heading with the CRAP and trade bill if passed.

I feel sick.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981
I think there are so few posts for a few different reasons. Some people believe in our savior so much they are willing to have complete faith in his actions even if the evidence is stairing them in the face.
Secondly you have those who have given up and are so stressed they have stopped watching this happen, it's like watching a train accident. You know it's coming there is very little you can do to stop the train and you turn away so you don't have to witness it. Thirdly there are those who have seen the writing on the wall and decided to be quite less they attract the wrong kind of attention from an Administration who has shown a willingness to punish those who speak out. Lastly you have those making plans and too busy with those plans to contribute.

I am stressed, some days I don't want to look.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Just read about this on another forum - this looks like a pretty big deal.. could this be Mr BO's raison d'etre? If this is true then this should be flagged up big time across ATS..could be time for all those keyboard warriors to use their networking skills and spread the word.

Hope this get's flagged the crap out of..

Berth

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This should be upfront and flagged so much that it won't fall off of
hot topics.

It makes me sick because I don't see any way that this will not
happen.

Unless the MSM starts talking about it, the regular population won't
know about it until it is too late.

Maybe Rush or Glen Beck will do a show about it. Of course, if they do,
they just be smacked down and demonized by the other news sources and
the White House.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Before I believe something published on a blog, I need secondary proof please. If true, this news is dynamite, but then, I could have written the 'speech' myself and attributed it to someone else. More proof please.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Heronumber0

United Nations Climate Change Conference Copenhagen 2009

Official website.
en.cop15.dk...

Do a little bit of scanning, read the rhetoric all over the site. They are saying if nothing is done during this conference all is lost humanity is doomed!

Id say this is plenty of evidence to start a mass dissemination of knowledge on this disgusting treaty they will be trying to force on us.

Oh yea and here is a link to the actual treaty.

unfccc.int...

This thread needs more attention now!

[edit on 17-10-2009 by ascisco]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm surprised there are only one page of posts on this topic. I read here
fightinwordsusa.wordpress.com...
that Obama was likely going to sign a treaty that would end up transferring our wealth to third world countries and create a new world government. I wouldn't be surprised if cap and trade was the method. For the average American, this would result in electricity bills possibly increasing over 100 dollars a month and gas prices and anything that uses energy doubling or tripling or worse in my opinion. If you wanted to start a civil war, this would definitely get people fired up after they find out what our leaders have been up to.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by orionthehunter]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join