It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad warns of 'Weapons of Mass Media'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad warns of 'Weapons of Mass Media'

www.presstv.com

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says Western powers have used full-fledged psychological tactics as a lever to influence nations against their better judgment.

Ahmadinejad said some regimes, including those in Israel, are using propaganda campaigns and psychological tactics as their prime weapon-of-choice against other countries. "Once you take away these weapons, there is not much that they can do," said the Iranian President at a conference on media and psychological war in Tehran on Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Alright, now look, I know this is going to piss a lot of folks off on the surface, as I know this guy is not exactly well liked here.

That being said, he is spot on in exposing one of the biggest conspiracies (which I don't even think can be called a conspiracy anymore, as anybody who is not completely asleep at the wheel can see this): The absolute control and use of the media system as a propaganda and brainwashing WEAPON, used by TPTB and their puppets in the gov...

This extends out MUCH further than what Ahmadinejad is referring to here (i.e. endless banker bailout scams being portrayed as absolutely "necessary" to give the economy a "chance to recover" nonsense, the illusion of political "choices" for government "ruling" positions, which he DOES refer to, etc.), but his points, whether one loves or hates the guy, are valid---There is always some "evil enemy" being painted, always somebody "so dangerous" to everyone else that must be stopped at once, always some boogeyman that we must attack and begin re-lining the already bloated coffers of the Military-Industrial complex and war-industry Corporate giant regulars. And each time, the american populace lines up, and buys the endless BS shoveled down their throats 24 / 7 by these media outlets, which are nothing more than weapons of psychological warfare being aimed directly at them.

It is time to wake up from the matrix of deception people, and simply say, "no more". No more mass dieing and killing for special interests, no more of the same old, same old running around like neanderthals clubbing each other over the head, no more being used as pawns by the scum endlessly profiteering by it all.

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-10-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Intresting topic, I will save my view for it here. Though I agree with you lately lott of mass hysteria & propoganda has been going on against Iran. Many news sources are purposely showing Iran in bad light and twisting facts about it's nuclear operations.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
i am complete agreement but what i need is some hard facts and evidence to support some claims that i have made. i plan on compiling a research paper and having my classmates, family, and friends read it but i need as much clear and concise evidence as possible. i need legit sources that people will listen to cus i know the websites i usually browse will be looked down upon by my brainwashed peers. what im trying to say is i need to explain how the system works in research paper size that doesnt contain sources from so called "conspiracy sites" but with information that is factual and logical even to people who havent waken up yet. i still may not have made it clear as to what im saying but thats what i need to do and any links to send me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Corporate Providence

Here is a great start:

www.youtube.com...

I HIGHLY suggest listening to all eight parts of this series, taking notes on names and organizations he is referencing, then running searches. You will be blown away, and you will have more material than you could ever imagine. This rabbit hole runs kilometers deep, and it has been going on for AGES. It is time for the masses to wake up, and detach from it, once and for all. NO MORE.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I made a thread about Iran diversion few days ago, perhaps it may help you-Iran’s nuclear theater meant to divert attention? and another thread Debunking NY Times-Iran Report.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It is time to wake up from the matrix of deception people, and simply say, "no more". No more mass dieing and killing for special interests, no more of the same old, same old running around like neanderthals clubbing each other over the head, no more being used as pawns by the scum endlessly profiteering by it all.

That'll happen when people sit down and make a decided effort to study history, economics and current events, without going through the accepted channels of research such as media and rhetorical history books. I really can't see a breakthrough coming at any point before we all wipe ourselves out. We all live in a patriarchal pyramid power system still after all these years. We are like squalling babies asking people smarter than us to tell us how to live, instead of taking our fate into our own hands. How has it come to this? We were a proud race once.

Well I'm not hopeful about anything changing. But Y'know what, because people are so gullible, if there was some kind of disclosure from a president like Obama, not disclosure of aliens, but disclosure of lying, false flag operations, stealing from the people, doping them up, dumbing them down, destroying their genes, making them infertile, and ultimately lowering the population with deadly chemicals, I bet people would snap wide awake in a second. And all it would take would be a 5 minute confession.

Wow now I'm depressed

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Ahmadinejad is spot on with his assessment. I have for a very long time called the PsyOps Mainstream Media Machine; as I see it. They are just that; a machine.

I think with the advent, and strong presence the Internet has on the World at present, that the PsyOps MSM machine is having many difficulties.

On that note I know the Internet is a major problem for the PTB. Should they try taking it away blatantly, then riots across the World could ensue. However, letting it run is out of the long term goal; which brings myself to the point. The amount of increasing "cyber terror threats" are increasing in the last few months.

Somehow those "evil doers" hiding in the caves have master hacker's, and at some point they will dink out the Internet
I can only imagine the solution to that problem, reaction, solution.
S&F

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I agree with you 100% DD, Ahmadinejad is now getting the "so evil he must be bombed out of existence" makeover that will make him and Iran the star of the USA's military industrial complex next shooting war (with, no doubt, a helping hand from our friends in Israel).

I'm still waiting for the CIA's confirmation that Ahmadinejad was attempting to purchase yellowcake uranium, or that satellite images of Iranian tractor-trailers or clearly weapons labs.

Watching the MSM is an exercise in futility, and requires a massive dose of skepticism. They'll plant a hundred stories designed to make Ahmadinejad or Iran look like unstable fanatics, then one or two "killer" stories to make us think they have their finger on a doomsday bomb.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
and you best believe hes talkin bout US

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Meh if the CIA doesn't pull the wool over peoples eyes by yellow cake labs, then they would use false flag. Iran is trying to stop the MIC by wreaking the dollar and getting petro countries to convert to euros. The Us won't permitted it (nor a petro coalition to stand against $), the last oil country that converted to Euros was Iraq, now Iran is next on the menu. The ideal of martyrdom in Islam came from Iran, when Mohammond kin Hussein was martyrd. Any way hopefully Aliens won't be too shy to show up, because i could use some ether physics technology.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Pillar]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Very first targets of NATO raid on Serbian soil in 1999. were two major TV stations, that tells you what YOUR generals think about the media as a weapon.

Media always was, is and will be a number one weapon of mass destruction, more powerful than any nuclear arsenal. That is extremely obvious and statistically proven to such extent that people take it as granted and can only shrug when someone tells them that TV is a weapon.

But what then remains are propaganda books people take as truth and internet material. People write all kinds of insane extremist propaganda crap exploiting readers' emotions.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I really don't need a dictator to explain me Western media are manipulative...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
www.cpj.org...

139 journalists killed in iraq since 2003

of which 16 have been known to have been killed by the USA , whether `accidental` or otherwise.

and yet we have reports of US generals selling weapons to `the other side` at auctions , of wholesale rape and thats female us military personal not just 13 year old iraqi girls (and boys) , murder , looting - all in the name of freedom.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Thank you EwakAmerica. Just confirmed what I already knew.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Yep as much I hate admit it Ahmadinejad is probably right on the money! He has been right about a lot of things lately which surprises the hell out of me.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Ironic that Ahmadinejad would complain about manipulating the press on presstv.

Press TV
Press TV is an English language international television news channel which is funded by the Iranian government

Although there have been attempts to establish private, independent media outlets in Iran, notably by former Iranian Presidential candidate Mehdi Karroubi, the 1979 Constitution of the Islamic Republic mandates that "all broadcasting must exclusively be government operated

en.wikipedia.org...

Reporters Without Frontiers, the international media watchdog, in a new report, has declared Iran as the country with the highest number of journalists in jail in the Middle East.

ipsnews.net...

Iran continues to be at the head the countries that crack down most on press freedom.

www.rsf.org...

I'm not saying the west doesn't manipulate the press to their advantage, just saying that they manipulate, whereas, in Iran, there's no need for manipulation when the only press allowed is funded by the government.

In Iran, there is no free press. They arrest reporters all the time, they shut down newspapers at will and they control, not manipulate, control, the flow of information.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

lets put a different twist on your post shall we:

Currently at least six journalists are known to be languishing in various prisons - three of them sentenced in June for covering a peaceful demonstration

taken from ipsnews.net...

the US has killed 16 in iraq alone - somewhat different picture there.

edit:

www.rsf.org...

in Saudi Arabia - you know , oil friends of the USA , they have called for the murder of journalists

www.rsf.org...

in Yemen - female journalists are being targetted

happens all around the world

and who can forget the USA police arresting people who used twitter.

[edit on 12/10/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Whenever I read threads on Iran, there's only a few that talk any sense - including myself, a couple others and the admin staff.

The majority of western media doesn't even follow the ongoing internal issues within Iran. How the fu*k can a western propaganda machine miss that one eh???!!!

What Ahmadi says about the west often applies to his own regime more than anyone else, and this is just another example.

Fox news going over the top with pro-bombing stories does not really equal western media propaganda in Europe does it? If the Jews control the BBC why don't they talk about Iran everyday.... because they ain't mentioning naff all?!!! The BBC have even criticised Israel with their journalists inside Gaza!

I really cannot be bothered to explain in anymore detail where people are going wrong with their lines of thought, as I'm sick of the ad-hominem attacks and people's blatant disregard of reality whenever someone makes the effort to use their brains, and instead receives a dose of stupid remarks. Someone else has already adequately explained the lack of free press in Iran.

When you put all of Ahmadi's comments together and in the right context, you can see the entire absurdity of it all.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Ironic that Ahmadinejad would complain about manipulating the press on presstv.

Press TV
Press TV is an English language international television news channel which is funded by the Iranian government

Although there have been attempts to establish private, independent media outlets in Iran, notably by former Iranian Presidential candidate Mehdi Karroubi, the 1979 Constitution of the Islamic Republic mandates that "all broadcasting must exclusively be government operated

en.wikipedia.org...

Reporters Without Frontiers, the international media watchdog, in a new report, has declared Iran as the country with the highest number of journalists in jail in the Middle East.

ipsnews.net...

Iran continues to be at the head the countries that crack down most on press freedom.

www.rsf.org...

I'm not saying the west doesn't manipulate the press to their advantage, just saying that they manipulate, whereas, in Iran, there's no need for manipulation when the only press allowed is funded by the government.

In Iran, there is no free press. They arrest reporters all the time, they shut down newspapers at will and they control, not manipulate, control, the flow of information.

So - the disinfo comes from the site administrator? Is ATS sold out? Or are you truly just as ignorant as many posters on these forums? Post more - lets see your colors.

There are over 30 US channels beaming into Iran 24 hours a day - people who are informed will likely, as myself be almost CERTAIN that represents a massive amount of propaganda being pumped into Iranian households on a daily basis.

A democracy is simply not viable when you are being bombarded by propaganda through mass media - there will be no freedom - the entire western world is not free, it serves the interests of the globalist masters.

That is why the need to spread democracy - because the style of government is weak and easily corrupted, and they allow the propaganda media into their country.

To protect your country - so that it is not usurped by the globalists (which is precisely what almost happened in Iran, when the media and Twitter and so on claimed the election was fraudulent) you MUST control the press. There is almost no alternative - unless you can somehow get your entire population highly educated, and critically thinking - and that takes years and years.

The leadership in Iran know they will be under threat from foreign journalists - who only wish to create or find some propaganda story, and publish it with the intent of undermining the current government.

Mass media is a weapon - and the foot soldiers are journalists - so they should expect to have a dangerous profession.

Iran must try and combat all the propaganda being applied to it internally - they will have no option but to curb the press.

How long do you think a pro Iranian television channel would last in the US? Less than 10 seconds would be my guess - but in the US they would accuse them of terrorism, detain them without rights and probably torture them in some detention facility off the the mainland.

It is easy to buy into one side of the story - media IS a weapon - and when it is deployed on your soil, against your citizens and government and system - then it must be neutralized.

Ahmedinijad is an excellent and charismatic leader of a great nation that is standing against global tyranny. THose who cannot see it today, we can only hope will learn more, study more, think more - and finally realize where the real enemy lies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join