It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad warns of 'Weapons of Mass Media'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Iran army video

Do you think Iran will be as easy to crush like Iraq? I dont.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Shades1035]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Actually, I could back all of his statements with solid evidence as well (true academic evidence). You picked out a couple of youtube clips...good for you. But, anyone can do that.

Nonetheless, I've done all this stuff before and it never serves to change an opinion of someone hell bent on keeping their frame of mind. You go on fighting the good fight, if that's what you believe that you are doing. But, don't expect anyone to do your homework for you. If you can't look up both sides to an issue, then you will never understand what it is like to look at something objectively and analyze every aspect to see who is correct, and who is not.

As far as it goes, I'm sick of the pissing game on who's country is better, who's religion is correct, and who has the bigger, well you know what. Blind nationalism and patriotism is ridiculous because most people forget that we are all still the same species of animal. And as far as I'm concerned, blind patriotism and nationalism is a disease. It prevents one from seeing clearly, and that is exactly what this system depends on. People like you will defend it to the death as our leaders flush it down the toilet right in front of your eyes.

You better wake up and figure out the very reasons why our country is being fed to corporations as opposed to being geared towards the people. To them, money is worth well more than the flesh and blood that we spill to keep it stable, and here you are defending the actions of the elite.

How many tyrants have threatened to destroy the U.S.? (were they successful? No. So why does this guy bother you so much?) How many wars have we fought to equalize the world? (that includes non declared wars where thousands of innocent people have died?) And tell me, with all of these threats that you fear so much, who has done the most damage to our country???

I'll answer that last one for ya...OUR OWN POLITICAL LEADERS HAVE DONE TO US WHAT OUR ENEMIES COULD NEVER ACCOMPLISH. THEY'VE SCREWED UP THE ECONOMY, OVERSTRETCHED OUR MILITARY, BANKRUPTED OUR SOCIAL SECURITY, REVERSED RULES WITHIN THE GENEVA CONVENTIONS, ESTABLISHED THE PATRIOT ACT WHICH HAS SYSTEMATICALLY STRIPPED US OF RIGHTS, MADE THOUSANDS OF AMERICANS BROKE AND HOMELESS WITH THE MORTGAGE CRISIS, MADE NEW ENEMIES ON EVERY CORNER OF THE GLOBE, REDUCED OUR ONCE SPARKLING IMAGE TO OUR ALLIES, ETC ETC ETC.

I don't think Sadaam, Osama, Ahmadinejad, or any other number of so-called lunatics have come close to being the threat that our own leaders have become. So, quit pointing fingers so that you appear to be holier than thou because in the long run, its just making you look uninformed and stupid.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shades1035

No, its a nightmare of a scenario for many reasons!

First of all the majority of the population support the iranian president because everyone has a shiite background. In iraq it was said that only 35% supported sadam hussein, basically all the sunnis. The majority shiites(55%) hated sadam and did not fight the american/british forces.

Second, russia and china seem to have a vested interest in iran and as such provide them with weapons and know-how. If america or israel were to attack I fear a much larger, all-encompassing WW3 would ensue.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

IT might not make sense to YOU why Iran would bomb another country, but what you are failing to realize is that Ahmadinejad thinks that he is the one chosen to bring about their muslim second coming.

A man with his religious views, hell bent on making sure hes the one to fulfill prophecy, and sitting in the position he is in, is a very dangerous man.

He doesnt care about his countrymen and women and it shows, he also doesnt care what retaliation might ensue after hes dropped the bombs.

As far as hes concerned, its all for told, and hes done his job. And even if he is killed in the process, he dies a martyr, and a hero.

You cant think linear about things like this, you have to take into account the religious aspects, because thats what their government operates on, not like other nations.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

First of all the majority of the population support the iranian president

Check out the youtube videos of the demonstrations. The majority do not support Ahmadi, he can't even speak at universities without getting jeered.

More, especially from the poorer rural areas will turn back to the regime for sure if we bomb them. Although a few in these poorer areas would support the regime until its dying days, and would be easily recruitable.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Very well said EM
, *star*

I agree with every word you said...

Seems people still have that mindset that, "It's us against them."

Time to wake up and smell the tyranny!

S&F for you DD

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Maybe he's prepping us for an EMP attack to take out our media....and other stuff....

sorry about the 1- liner Mods .....that one musta slipped out!

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Signals]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I have to agree with both sides of the argument on this OP. Their are arguments to both sides. I agree our MSM is completely controlled-I get a headache 30 seconds into watching any of it.

ManBehindTheMask ask yourself this, Iran has not attacked anyone, Iran is a sovereign nation, Akmadimishad(spelling) statements are irrelevent, do they not have a right to govern themselves, or is this one of Obama's pre-emptive incarcerations from his infamous rule of law speeches?

I ask my government to leave me the frack alone, I also ask them to leave other sovereign nations alone.

Terrorism is the new evil the US citizens are asked to turn their hatred on, when will it turn inward against our own citizens? I believe we are on the edge of a very large cliff meant to destroy the US and if we do not step back we are going to destroy ourselves.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Beefcake

IT might not make sense to YOU why Iran would bomb another country, but what you are failing to realize is that Ahmadinejad thinks that he is the one chosen to bring about their muslim second coming.

A man with his religious views, hell bent on making sure hes the one to fulfill prophecy, and sitting in the position he is in, is a very dangerous man.

He doesnt care about his countrymen and women and it shows, he also doesnt care what retaliation might ensue after hes dropped the bombs.

As far as hes concerned, its all for told, and hes done his job. And even if he is killed in the process, he dies a martyr, and a hero.

You cant think linear about things like this, you have to take into account the religious aspects, because thats what their government operates on, not like other nations.

Well, someone sounds like they're scared as hell. It definitely seems that the media and information that you've been consuming has at least been very effective on YOU.

However, I think you need to worry about what's happening a little closer to home rather than worrying about a fluctuation overseas. And just so you know, we have that same religious fanaticism going on right here on your home soil.

Between the hilarity of the religious right (white supremacists in the making) calling Obama the Anti-Christ, to the weirdos who insist that Obama is a messiah, I really don't think you need to be pointing fingers in directions that don't affect you.

You've got enough drama right here at home to keep you busy.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

Thank you very much, I appreciate the fact that you understood what I was trying to convey.

I'm glad someone was listening.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Gee.. I'd take anything this guy says at face value, he is after all, a cub scout!

Oh wait.. no he isn't.

Just because he may have snippets of truth about other countries, doesn't mean he doesn't have an agenda of his own.. 'cause he does. He will pepper the truth into his comments, while concealing his own plans. You need to take anything this guy says with a serious grain of salt.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
[edited for double post]

[edit on 12-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Alright, now look, I know this is going to piss a lot of folks off on the surface, as I know this guy is not exactly well liked here.

That being said, he is spot on in exposing one of the biggest conspiracies (which I don't even think can be called a conspiracy anymore, as anybody who is not completely asleep at the wheel can see this): The absolute control and use of the media system as a propaganda and brainwashing WEAPON, used by TPTB and their puppets in the gov...

You have got to be kidding right?....

Didn't it occur to you that people like Ahmadinejad do use reverse psychology trying to get you to sympathize with his/their cause?....

Chavez does the same, so does castro, and a myriad of other dictators who do exactly the same thing just so they can blame somebody else for the attrocities they commit.

You do't see it, and neither do others like you, but you have already been brainwashed.

Ahmadinejad is part of one group of people who want a One World government, with China, and/or Russia at the head, and you are playing into their propaganda.

But of course, this is not true right?...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Good for him. Not only for exposing the propaganda hate machine straight of of 1984, but for doing it in a way that is a spin on the original incantation.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

and here you are defending the actions of the elite.

How in the hell am I defending the actions of the elite, by saying the holocaust actually happened, and the genocide of jews did take place? I don't need to look to the so called elite to determine Ahmadijinad is a rogue leader.

Now by stating what has been documented in article after article regarding This so called leader wanting to wipe Israel and the great Satan from the map I am being led around the nose by TPTB.?

Honestly, so there is no way I could have done my own research paid attention and formed my own conclusions? You want to worship a nut job like Ahmad. go ahead, who am I to stop? If having a moral conscious and integrity classifies me as being "holier than thou" than I guess I am.

I am quite aware of the direction this country is headed due to the corruption from both parties. But make no mistake the biased left media has helped flush this country right down the toilet. The far left base has taken the moral fiber and what this country stood for, freedom and run like hell down the road to perdition.

Before you call me uninformed stupid or the like, you should really educate yourself on who this man is, and what he stands for. Anyone who runs with Castro, Chavez yea, those are people I'm going to trust.

Your the one being duped! You need to open your eyes to the fact that this guy has his own agenda. He will say and do whatever is necessary to try and win both sides. Kind of sounds like Obama to me. You are kidding yourself if you think he has the will and the heart of the Iranian people in mind. The only one he cares about is himself most in his own country know he is a fake and a farce they would laugh in his face if it wasn't for the fear of having acid thrown in their faces or their tongues cut out!!

Yea! he is one hell of a charismatic leader alright!! Oh and for your reading pleasure here is a synopsis of what Mr Ahmadnutjob supports:

Islam in Muhammad's Own Words Prophet of Doom is the best-documented, most comprehensive, presentation of Islam's five oldest and most reliable scriptural sources. Ishaq's Biography of Muhammad, Tabari's History of Islam, and Bukhari's and Muslim's Hadith, were used to reorder the Qur'an chronologically and to set its surahs into the context of Muhammad's life. When this evidence is evaluated systematically, the only rational conclusion is that Islam's lone prophet was a ruthless terrorist, a mass-murderer, a thief, slave trader, rapist and pedophile.

link:[prophetofdoom.net...]

[edit on 13-10-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Gee.. I'd take anything this guy says at face value, he is after all, a cub scout!

Oh wait.. no he isn't.

Just because he may have snippets of truth about other countries, doesn't mean he doesn't have an agenda of his own.. 'cause he does. He will pepper the truth into his comments, while concealing his own plans. You need to take anything this guy says with a serious grain of salt.

Wow, thanks for the insight. However, I think your advice applies to every politician on this planet.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Um, I think you forgot the forerunner of your above-mentioned conspiracy. If you think that those are the only countries involved in the large scale veil of reality that you just spoke of, then you've been reading the bible WAAAAAAAAAY too much and spending a little too much time in the "fear factory" to be thinking clearly.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I must've really pushed some sensitive buttons...See how easy it is to be manipulated by something that you see in print?

First of all, respecting someone else's statements does not equate to worship. I leave that for the followers, and those who occupy their minds with fear.

Are you worried that Iran has a bigger piece than us??? Are you so preoccupied with the garbage (media) that's constantly shoved down your throat, or worst yet, that you willingly seek out and probably pay for that you hang on every word until you cultivate your own perfect world of fear? I'm sure you call it staying informed, whereas I call it feeding your own insecurities until it takes a shape and a form that you can recognize and call it by name. In this case, it appears to be Ahmadinejad. Tomorrow it will be healthcare, and when that no longer feeds your addiction it will be Obama and then, the end of the world.

You're so worried about things that don't directly affect you that the boogeyman you so desperately want to fear has infiltrated you right through the back door. You don't need to look overseas if you want to feed your fear addiction, because the guys doing the most damage are parading your fears around right in front of your face so that you don't notice the real damage being done. So while you're busy running around spreading your fears to others on ATS, infecting them with your personal nightmare, its merely serving as a diversionary tactic for the dubious activity happening right on your own soil. But, I realize that this concept may take a little more thought than you had previously expected.

Do me a favor, look up the true definition of fascism, compare that to what is going on with our media at the moment, and then tell me if you see any correlations. If you do, then you might want to consider the idea that you've consumed too much of MSM or any mainstream media sources that use fear to mobilize and control the masses. If you don't, then you probably didn't look up the definition in the first place and were never going to consider a different point of view from the jump. Ahmadinejad is like any other politician. He's not saying anything new, or original. And every time we need to mobilize the masses with something to fear, a new guy just like him pops up to tell the world how they will eliminate the "freedoms, ideals, and the livelihoods of everything on the planet...NAMELY AMERICA"

There's always going to be something to fear out there, and there will always be someone to threaten the existence of mankind. And these monsters always surface right in time to boost approval points and the policies of unpopular politics. Ironically, it works every time. America never gets tired of being told the same lie. It creates a false sense of unity in us as we collectively look for something to hate and fear. If you haven't figured out the game, then you can dance like a puppet for the rest of your life. But, don't spew out your regurgitated mainstream media facts on a forum that claims to be influenced by free-thought. All you're doing is spreading your own developed fears into the minds of others who are seeking truth outside of the lies that consistently get perpetrated. How much more of that garbage can you swallow before you become sick? And how much of that garbage do you want to spread to others before it becomes a virus and infects everyone the way it has infected you?

And no, I'm under no impression that Ahmadinejad is a boy scout with a sterling reputation. Although, I can't figure out why it bothers YOU so much. Absolutely nothing that he has done has affected you in a positive or a negative manner, yet, this guy seems to be quite a fixation for you. Oh, and you want to talk about the Liberal Left Media. You mean the same liberal left media that helped put George Bush into power??? Who followed his 911 agenda and called anyone who was against the war a "Terrorist?" Yeah, I know that "LIBERAL LEFT MEDIA." You're so full of partisanship that you can't see the big picture staring you down. All of it is owned. You are owned. The soil that we live on is owned and everything that resides within its confines are ALL OWNED. CORPORATIONS RUN AMERICA NOW, YOU MIGHT AS WELL FORGET THE IDEA OF LEFT AND RIGHT, BECAUSE ITS ALL IN THE CENTER NOW.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
Um, I think you forgot the forerunner of your above-mentioned conspiracy. If you think that those are the only countries involved in the large scale veil of reality that you just spoke of, then you've been reading the bible WAAAAAAAAAY too much and spending a little too much time in the "fear factory" to be thinking clearly.

Wow, none of you statements refutes the fact that the Iranian president is full of bs, and is only trying to trap the brainwashed "revolutionaries", and the likes, mostly those in the left to his cause.

BTW, I am not Christian, and I haven't read the bible in about 20 years.....

But typical response of someone who doesn't have a reasonable counter-argument...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
You have got to be kidding right?....

I'm not, now pay attention.

Didn't it occur to you that people like Ahmadinejad do use reverse psychology trying to get you to sympathize with his/their cause?....

Reverse psychology pales in the splendor that is Western psyops. Seriously. Two parties- owned by megacorp- with a media portal, to promote their propoganda, each- owned by megacorp. Our society fabrics battle eachother in a scripted pseudo-psych war. And people like to play marines.

----OT education----
Not saying they shouldn't, that being part of a democratic society is wrong. It's just that... well, America isn't democratic. It's corprocratic or whatever we call this clusterfu*k of lobby money, in figures likely equivilent to what you make in a year, changing places, daily. It aint fascist. It leans towards totalitarian control by any corporation able to lobby. They will always work to maximize profits, which always means a detriment to competition... and almost always a detriment to "rights" of humanity.

Chavez does the same, so does castro, and a myriad of other dictators who do exactly the same thing just so they can blame somebody else for the attrocities they commit.

USGov, "There are definitely WMD in Iraq." USCitizens, "You got bad intel." USG, "Our intel suggests a high probability of WMD." USC, "You got bad intel." USG, "We got bad intel - but... Osama got nuclear philosophy!" USC, "OMG war, to arms!...(the background)We're fu*ked."

When their citizens protest, the citizen's word is not heard (some are locked up). We're lucky, our citizens just get deaf ears, back-burned, or tear gas dispersed. Though, this recent one in Pittsburg was... well, we all saw the army garb stuff a joe in the back of a car.

You do't see it, and neither do others like you, but you have already been brainwashed.

I see it clearly. I also see how the gardens are grown on both sides of the fence so I can see how best to grow a garden/who is the better tender. Put on some spectacles if you can't see the spectacle that's just past your front door, Norm.

Ahmadinejad is part of one group of people who want a One World government, with China, and/or Russia at the head, and you are playing into their propaganda.

And the West is part of one who wants, basically, everyone else. That communist world order still wouldn't do anything to this world order, anyway. If they had the ability, it would have been done a long, long time ago.

Those crazy 2nd amendment lunatic, psycho, monsters kinda scare more people than just some moms and pops too lazy/dumb to teach their kids common sense, or too 'busy' to take the time (responsibility) to be a parent. So does the stockpile of cold war era weapons... you know, the ones that carpet cities, not a city block.

What exaclty was your point here? Communist NWO is worse than bankster/corporatocracy NWO? Cuz if that's the point, besides the fact they still couldn't do anything to the West, we can go back to Iraq and talk about soldier's water supply, lunch lines, moldy clothes/tents, etc.; while Halliburton/KBR execs were livin in the most expensive resorts in Kuwait, buying expensive vehicles, etc. because they got paid to spend. Weird, huh? Maybe I just missed the connections here.

But of course, this is not true right?...

Not necessarily false, just lacking the substance of a diverse picture.

And to anyone saying anything about genocide. Where are you right now while genocide occurs in N Uganda. How about when Ol Joe Koney abducts children and kills/makes the kids kill their parents? Where are you for present injustices? Take your energy from hatred out where it could make a difference: Passed the front door - hell, you don't even need to, go search google for NPOs covering the subjects, sign up, and shut up ffs.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join