It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad warns of 'Weapons of Mass Media'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

How long do you think a pro Iranian television channel would last in the US? Less than 10 seconds would be my guess

PressTV is available worldwide on cable.

How do you expect folks to want to discuss issues with you when you attack them in response and call them silly names. It's often a sign of nothing much to say isn't it.

You make such vague & pointless accussations towards journalists that is unreasonable.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I graduated college with a Bachelor's of Science in Mass Com - Television Prod.

One of the first things they teach you is that the media is a tool to manipulate public perception to bend to your will and the best part is...they teach you how to manipulate it!

Opinion polls are made-up, political "accidents" done on purpose (looking at you, crybaby Hillary Clinton from the last election.), the news can be used as an advertiser, etc.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Scopeless

Yes that's true to some extent, but manipulation of the media is not complete control of the media as the Iranian regime has. PressTV reported 2 million rallied in favour of palestine on Quds day. From their own state TV we could hear the shouts: "death to Russia, down with the dictator". They even muted it at one point to prevent the viewers from hearing it. Add to that the youtube videos, the Iranian students who have travelled abroad to my country, the evidence mounts that the majority in Tehran are against the govt.

When the iranian govt. control media in such ways, it's ironic they claim western media manipulation.

Where were the BBC or Fox news then??? Where were the superpowers weapons of mass media?!! Talking about something else! I thought the superpowers weapons of mass media were trying to bring down the regime according to Ahmadi! Hmmm, doesn't look like it does it? Too busy talking about Gordon Brown's bad eyesight instead.

The BBC did show some pictures of those rallies on their website though: news.bbc.co.uk...

Oh look, the first one doesn't even represent the overwhelming opposition against the Iranian govt. on this rally. Seems like the BBC are doing the regime a favour by showing the world what the regime want us to see, and not a fair representation of what actually happened.

Why would a western weapons of mass media do that??? It's the regime's own rallies, so who else do the regime have to blame apart from themselves if that's not their intended image. Qud's day every year always has pro-regime rallies in the 100's with chants of "death to israel". This year the majority shouted back "death to Russia", and the regime's own sources state 2 million people were there in Tehran.

Why wouldn't a western "weapons of mass media" prefer to show us the overwhelming dissent against their own govt. if they were so evil and were out to get the Iranian govt.??

Discussion of the nuclear issue by western media is better for the regime than discussion of their internal issues.

Here's a video of the demonstrations on Qud's day, where the regime guy tries to get the crowd to chant "death to Israel", instead the crowd shout back "death to Russia & Palestine". (Their intentions probably aren't really death to Russia, but just to mock their govt.). And the regime guy makes a slip of the tongue and shouts back "death to palestine" by mistake.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Disinfo? for pointing out the hypocrisy of a man who funds and controls the news coming out of his country complaining that the news coming out of other countries is manipulated by those governments?

Notice, I never once said that the west wasn't doing any media manipulation, merely pointing out that ahmadinejad is the pot, calling the kettle black.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

To say that the western press is "free" is a little disingenuous to be fair.

If we had a truly free press, then we would know a lot more than we currently do about all sorts of things which go on behind closed doors.

The fact that the biggest media moguls regularly dine with, meet and "advise" the leaders of western countries, but particularly the US and UK makes it apparent (to me) that the press is in the pockets of those they should be helping to expose.

But of course like all corporations, all the press really want to do is maintain the status quo - or the gravy train as it is otherwise known.

There's major reasons why more and more people are turning away from the MSM - the biggest of which is that it can't be trusted.

People in the UK talk about the BBC and how it is free of government intereference, but frankly that a load of rubbish - the BBC is now the propaganda wing of the ruling party, and sensing which way the wind is blowing have become more proo-tory than they have been in years, So that they can maintain the gravy train when the next lot of puppets come into "power"

I really do fail to see much difference between western MSM and Press.TV except that the Iranian government is open about owning that particular outlet, whereas know one will tell us just how beholden to Murdoch et al our governments are for their kindness in burying news they don't want to be widely disseminated.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
www.365gay.com...

(Sulaimaniyah, Iraq) International media watchdog groups called Wednesday for the release of a freelance journalist jailed in northern Iraq for violating a public decency law by writing a story about homosexuality.

sent to prison for writing about gays in the US military - and this is in `free` Iraq.

[edit on 12/10/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
I really do fail to see much difference between western MSM and Press.TV except that the Iranian government is open about owning that particular outlet, whereas know one will tell us just how beholden to Murdoch et al our governments are for their kindness in burying news they don't want to be widely disseminated.

thus, my comments.

Again, for the reading impaired, I wasn't saying one side was doing it and one wasn't, merely pointing out that it was ironic that Ahadinejad would bemoan the west manipulating the press in the press he controls.

The only real difference is that he throws people in jail for writing things he doesn't like. In the US, the story gets shelved.

edited to appease budski

[edit on 12-10-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Amagnon

Disinfo? for pointing out the hypocrisy of a man who funds and controls the news coming out of his country complaining that the news coming out of other countries is manipulated by those governments?

Notice, I never once said that the west wasn't doing any media manipulation, merely pointing out that ahmadinejad is the pot, calling the kettle black.

Of course Ahmadinejad is a hypocrite he also called for a world government AND a new world order.

When the elite want to start a war they have to control both sides they provoke with one side then the other side attacks. In the end Iran is attacked destroyed and occupied and Ahmadinejad will go into exile somewhere while his people suffer under our military contractors.

It is needless to state the obvious that Iran has propoganda too. Who cares we already know that. The key is that we will be the ones blowing them up and occupying them they won't be attacking us.

It doesn't make any sense at all for Iran to nuke any country the notion of it is utterly retarded. Why would Iran nuke anyone? They would be destroyed. Some say oh they may give nukes to people well i hate to say it but chances are North Korea or Pakistan has already done that.

We need to IGNORE all propoganda i don't care about Iranian propaganda tbh all i care about is OURS because OUR propaganda will be what gets us into another war.

WAR IS ALWAYS FOR PROFIT, EUGENICS, GEOGRAPHIC CONTROL.

Never for freedom or democracy.

Lets not argue about who has more propaganda we need to worry about our own news and media because they are telling us we need to attack Iran and we just can't be responsible for killing millions of Iranians we need to stop killing Brown people imo stop killing for peace.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

It might be nice if you quoted the whole of the last paragraph of my post, which was pretty much agreeing with you with a small proviso or 2.

Taken as it stands, the quote reads as though I was saying something else.

In other words, it's out of context

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Agree..100%, nothing more to add.

Star and Flag for this thread

(Sorry mods for the one line respons but i just had to reply and i'm simultaniously writing this message and driving my car on the freeway, so i can not really bother to find out how to properly reply via U2U to this member...it is to dangerous!!!)

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is a bit old, but a good read IMO:
www.information-retrieval.info...

There's sadly a lot of black lines over bits of the text, but it gives you a pretty good image, of what's going on..

Other related documents:
information-retrieval.info...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I live in Britain. I can honestly say that there isn't a single news outlet here that is calling for war with Iran.

On the other hand, I've seen four different documentaries on Iranian culture on BBC4 in the last few weeks. The first one was interesting, but I haven't watched the subsequent ones - it would be nice to hear about a different country for a change.

In the UK, the media is staffed by the left, and the left loves Iran and hates Israel. It really is that simple.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
I live in Britain. I can honestly say that there isn't a single news outlet here that is calling for war with Iran.

On the other hand, I've seen four different documentaries on Iranian culture on BBC4 in the last few weeks. The first one was interesting, but I haven't watched the subsequent ones - it would be nice to hear about a different country for a change.

In the UK, the media is staffed by the left, and the left loves Iran and hates Israel. It really is that simple.

No worries when the west starts war with Iran UK will be right there on the front lines. No use propagandizing the UK populace because the UK is always just a tagger a long in wars. NWO which by the way is headed by such families as the Rothschild, Rockefeller and Saxe-Coburg and Gotha(Windsors) uses the US as the engine for destruction this has been the case for quite some time

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm sure that the freedom of the press in Iran makes him comfortable criticizing the media of other nations.

As a racist, homophobe, and misogynist, should we really be so surprised that he's also a hypocrite?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
While Iran seems to be on target with its assessment of the media of late, I tend to think of MSM as a megaphone spewing whatever Washington DC wants on any given day, Iran hardly is a shining example of true media reporting.

All this does is make both IRAN and the US hypocrites. Neither is supporting free, true speech.

I should hope that we certainly aren't tauting Iran's state-run TV as the example of how reporting should be handled.

Edit to add: Iran is really only upset because our MSM nonsense gets more coverage than their MSM nonsense.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
welcome back DimensionalD
where' you've been, thought you got banned or something lol

yep Ahmadinejad is completley correct on this
I completely agree with him on this one

however just to play devil's advocate

Iran bans daily critical of Ahmadinejad
www.reuters.com...

He does in my opinion do the same
from dispatching revolutionary guards to having newspapers closed.

He should answer those questions first on why he does what he otherwise condemns

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thanks Crakeur

It's one of those catch 22 arguments really.

Personally, I have as much problem using PressTV as a source as I do any major MSM outlet, particularly from the US and UK.

In other words, they are both as biased (and bad) as one another, just with different agenda's, which unfortunately seems to be the way of the world.

At least we have the 'net to balance out what TPTB try to drip feed us through the MSM - I don't think many iranians have the same luxury, so he has the advantage of playing to a more captive audience.

On the other hand, there are tens (if not hundreds) of millions who believe everything printed in the paper or reported on the TV.

Perhaps in the end it comes down to a question of gullibility, and a desire to look at more information than is being put forth.

There will always be people in any country whose desire for truth outweighs the risks seeking that truth may bring - we just need more of them in EVERY country.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
well its time to take out iran because they want to trade oil in euros uh i mean they have weapons of mass destruction just like iraq had.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join