It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do democrats hate so much? A thought to ponder.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Exemplar

Something to sleep on, something to ponder.

Well said.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Parallelogram

I see it as a discussion of the political party's pasts, origins, changes in focus and burying of outdated ideologies and positions on issues. By education of others in what each party stood for and how they manipulate the masses by mantras, dogma and just outright lies; the thread gains some merit and foster intelligent discussion among those that can handle such discussion.

I see no reason for the thread not to stand, but then again I am not a mod and their opinion and judgement may differ.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sisgood
And what truly gets me about it?

Black people are encouraged by their pastors and churches to go vote Democrat. Why is this? How did the Democrats get the love of the blacks when it was Republicans that freed them and Republicans that fought for their Civil Rights?
I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

What magic trick did they pull?

Okay, I have to ask this... are you serious?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
what you people are forgetting that during the fight for civil rights, northern Democrats and southern Democrats had a strong ideological rift. After the early 60s, the southern democrats switched to the republican side. It wouldn't be the first time a whole group of people switched allegiances when it came to policy. On the other hand, the Republicans or the true GOP died out a long time ago. The old message of unity and tolerance died when the almost reactionary conservative movement hijacked it in the 60s.

While I agree that term "Democrat" does carry a historical stigma of very bad choices, it all pretty much changed in the 60s when their popularity started to crumble in the south. It would be foolish to claim that all modern democrats are racist as it would be idiotic to claim that all republicans are racist based on a handful of them i've heard say pretty inflammatory comments. I would also like to say that none of the two parties have a complete domain over the ideology they're supposed to represent.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus24
what you people are forgetting that during the fight for civil rights, northern Democrats and southern Democrats had a strong ideological rift. After the early 60s, the southern democrats switched to the republican side. It wouldn't be the first time a whole group of people switched allegiances when it came to policy. On the other hand, the Republicans or the true GOP died out a long time ago. The old message of unity and tolerance died when the almost reactionary conservative movement hijacked it in the 60s.

While I agree that term "Democrat" does carry a historical stigma of very bad choices, it all pretty much changed in the 60s when their popularity started to crumble in the south. It would be foolish to claim that all modern democrats are racist as it would be idiotic to claim that all republicans are racist based on a handful of them i've heard say pretty inflammatory comments. I would also like to say that none of the two parties have a complete domain over the ideology they're supposed to represent.

Too much detail for the half man half chicken variety

hate hate hate

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Black people are encouraged by their pastors and churches to go vote Democrat. Why is this? How did the Democrats get the love of the blacks when it was Republicans that freed them and Republicans that fought for their Civil Rights?
I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

Damn right, who do you think was marching for freedom in the 60's?

The conservatives, fight off them evil liberal racists who was all living in the south and pretending to be dressed like redneck conservatives!

Who do you think was calling the dogs out on them peoples and joining the KKK's?

The librals!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Sorry, haven't read the whole thread. My question is, are you speaking from a more historical or present history perspective?
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by really
Sorry, haven't read the whole thread. My question is, are you speaking from a more historical or present history perspective?
Thanks.

I think current - Mike sees that Democrats are a bastion of hate and anger repeatedly victimizing GOP and conservative people, ideas, places and things. Mike also reckons that liberals and democrats serve as the racist engine in american society.

Thats my take on it

Other people have chimed in stating that the conservatives fought for freedom of slaves during the civil war, defeating the racist liberals who were determined to maintain slavery.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

Originally posted by really
Thanks.

I think current - Mike sees that Democrats are a bastion of hate and anger repeatedly victimizing GOP and conservative people, ideas, places and things. Mike also reckons that liberals and democrats serve as the racist engine in american society.

Thats my take on it

Other people have chimed in stating that the conservatives fought for freedom of slaves during the civil war, defeating the racist liberals who were determined to maintain slavery.

Thanks. I see people have already mentioned the shift between Republican and Democrat.
Listen, both parties are extremely disappointing. The fact that there is still a rift in the American people because of political party alignment is mind boggling to me. However, how a Republican can say that Democrats "hate so much" (thus, implying more than Republicans do) is stupefying.
Many people see Rush Limbaugh as the voice of the Republican party, right now. Talk about hate. I think that man's life force depends on the hate he spews and breeds.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by really]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

The conservatives, fight off them evil liberal racists who was all living in the south and pretending to be dressed like redneck conservatives!

Who do you think was calling the dogs out on them peoples and joining the KKK's?

The librals!

So... how exactly did the poles invert?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
Speaking from my perspective. Most people I have known to be racist bigots that hated everything not white and made by god (gays included) labeled themselves as republicans. I can't speak for a whole party. Only the dimwitted members I've had the displeasure of meeting.

Thats not to say that those qualites are "partisan", there are bigots equally among them.

And atleast during my lifetime, it seems republicans would be the party of hate.

Wow. Really? Examples, please. Although I suppose you can have extremists in any group.

you don't think any of these republican/conservative talk show hosts are hateful in anyway? Glenn Beck telling people rebel against the president? Bill O'Reiley yelling and interrupting Democrats (even someone as bi-partisan and polite as Jon Stewart!) with pointless insults or the tagline for some point that doesn't matter? What about that will ferrel parody video with those weak ass celebrities basically lying through their teeth about what the health bill does and who it will cover?

both parties are guilty of being petty and, ultimately resort to child-like hatred. y'all know lil kids are the cruelest.

[edit on 12-10-2009 by piddles]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

The librals!

So... how exactly did the poles invert?

polite speculation:

perhaps shifts in power brought shifts of character and values over time? Or maybe when slavery stopped being an issue, they sided differently financially?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
[edit on 12-10-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
One thing I don't understand is how so many Liberal (I say Liberal and Conservative because I'm neither...) people are so darned hateful and inflammatory.

Examples: My friends Mom which many would describe as a Neo-Lib, is inflammatory. When Billy Mays died she would say "Oh I'm GLAD he died, I liked the sham wow guy." Um, you are glad somebody died...? Or 'I hope they hurt'. Erm?

There are many other examples embedded in playing the race card. Don't support Obama? You are a racist biggot who has nothing better do with your time than go shoot your gun at a rifle range and hold silly tea parties which those in attendance have GOT to be crazy nuts who are anarchists. Whatever.

Another example: Katie Couric Glenn Beck interview. It was going okay until I noticed almost ALL of the questions were about his criticism about Obama and Couric trying to get Beck to praise him. How original. Whatever, they can think whatever they want but, you have a right not to like whomever you want and say whatever you want. Last time I checked because we have freedom of speech (at least, to a degree). I glanced at the comments and most were talking about how full of hate Glenn Beck was due to his racism and "neo-conservative" agenda and how looney he is, ect ect. Whatever happened to listening to somebody's opinion and making up your own mind? Beck actually seems like one of the only ones that actually DO their research. Granted, nobody is perfect, but at least it seems like he tries. I'm pretty sure if you did the research you'd know that he was Libertarian and not a "Neo-Con".

Liberals and Conservatives both seem to not know how to do research, Independents actually look at both sides and don't say BLASPHEMY at others constantly. One thing I noticed about her interviews is that she gets downright personal. I had my mouth wide open in disbelief when she started talking about his mothers suicide and his previous alcoholism. Seemed like she wanted to rip his guts out right on the spot... That was so ##tchy of her, not to mention inflammatory.

I must be missing something, but I guess not liking the current president from either side either strikes RACIST or UNPATRIOTIC nowadays. It makes absolutely no sense why it should be that way. We should be able to look at everything objectively and not fingerpoint.

I guess that is my dreamworld.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't the southern democratic party responsible for trying to keep slavery in the USA in the 1850's?
[edit on 11-10-2009 by havok]

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Democrats dominate the South until the civil rights agenda of the LBJ's administration scared off the racists who would switch to the republican party, making them the dominant force in the South to this very day? The reason the racists were democrats after the civil war was because they hated Lincoln for freeing the slaves. When LBJ came along with the civil rights act and voting rights act, they ditched the democrats to become republicans.

So, why do the republicans hate so much? A thought to ponder

Source

In conjunction with the civil rights movement, Johnson overcame southern resistance and convinced Congress to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which outlawed most forms of racial segregation. John Kennedy originally proposed the Act and had lined up the necessary votes in the House to pass his civil rights act by the time of his death in November 1963. However, for the fight in the Senate, Johnson was the one to get it pushed through.

He signed it into law on July 2, 1964. Legend has it that, as he put down his pen, Johnson told an aide, "We have lost the South for a generation," anticipating a coming backlash from Southern whites against Johnson's Democratic Party.[35]

[edit on 12-10-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
It's all a show!

Theater for your entertainment my friend.

If you think the 'democrat' party is the problem you are only half right. The system is the problem. Both parties and the real (shadow) government.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FadeToBlack
One thing I don't understand is how so many Liberal (I say Liberal and Conservative because I'm neither...) people are so darned hateful and inflammatory.

What I can't understand is why so many conservatives are enormous hypocrites. They engage in a concerted campaign to prove the the first Black President is an illegal immigrant from Kenya, many denying that it had nothing to do with race.

You turn on Fox News and you have O'Reilly shouting down criticism of Bush for eight years saying doing so in a time of war is treason. Anyone who rallied in support of our civil liberties were labeled as a terrorist sympathizer.You turn on Beck blaming atheists and Muslims for all the world's problems, and asserting that Obama has a "deep-seated hatred for white people" but that doesn't necessarily mean that he "doesn't like white people." You have Brian Kilmeade arguing that we allow different species to marry each other in the US and that racial mixing is diluting the purity of White genes.

We have Matthew Shepard getting murdered in Utah for being gay. We have Dr. Tiller being murdered for doing something that is completely legal.

We have the GOP VP candidate calling her opponent a terrorist and a communist in order to scare voters. It goes so far that McCain has to defend Obama at one of his own rallies after one of his audience members said that Obama was a Muslim who couldn't be trusted.

Now, we have teabaggers shouting out debate at healthcare town halls, spouting BS rhetoric about "Death Panels"

The GOP now exploits Chicago's loss of the Olympics to score a cheap shot on Obama, arguing that the world must hate him. Days later, the GOP argues that he only got the Nobel Peace Prize because the world was showing him undue favoritism.

We Rush and Beck celebrating America's loss of the Olympics because they had rooted for it.

The Republicans not only hate, they project their personalities onto those they criticize because they are too ashamed to accept who they are.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
To be black and conservative is to be a race trader. To be a woman & conservative is to be less than human and should be treated as they are idiots. Oh yeah the libs are the party of love.
Oh how great it is to be black & right.-Doug

www.black-and-right.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
How long will it take you folks to realize they are ALL hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join