It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ban the Koran" says Dutch politician

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Yea, so what... Jesus allows slavery and he was a huge advocate of being a hypocrite, contradicting even his own teachings. What's the point your trying to make again?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by Bombeni

Yea, so what... Jesus allows slavery and he was a huge advocate of being a hypocrite, contradicting even his own teachings. What's the point your trying to make again?

Jesus preached love, forgiveness, kindness to your fellow man, admonished us to visit the sick and the imprisoned, the list goes on and on. Then, he laid down His life for you, willingly. And now, I take it you are saying He was no better than mohammud? And you have the audacity to ridicule Him? I would hate to be standing in your shoes one day.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Oh my God... LOL. Wow, you haven't actually read the bible before have you?

Jesus is the biggest hypocrite next to God himself! Nor was he willing to lay down his life, he didn't want to die for us. Jesus, crack that good book open and read it please.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Actually, Bombeni has made a grave mistake.
That video (and the webpage it talks about) is ABSOLUTELY FALSE.
There is no need to justify such acts within Islam,
BECAUSE ISLAM NEVER ADVOCATED SUCH ACTS, EVER! They certainly ARE vile and disgusting.

The only "proof" available is a suspect audio file hosted on a christian website. The answer itself makes no sense, because it is very impossible that a sunni council would EVER quote a shia authority (like Khomeini). Besides which, Khomeini never had a 4th volume of his book! There were only two.

There is NOTHING in the Quran, or in the Authentic hadith to support this claim.

The only place I've found on such info is the Babylonian Talmud.

Bombeni, Jesus also preached humility, honesty. I realise that you do not do such things intentionally, but you should always CHECK IF IT IS TRUE FIRST (Proverbs 6:19).

It makes me very very sad that when certain people find they are unable to debate the theology in something, they end up resorting to these...lies.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by babloyi]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I think we need to set an ultimatum to Muslims.
You either conquer this cancer growing within your ranks, or we will ban it!

The whole ideology this man is speaking about is that Muslims are bashing non Muslims , in their own countries, because they aren’t obeying a foreign rule.

That’s not right no matter how you look at it.

There’s a major cultural war coming, the Muslims have a limited time to avoid it.

as an american, i tend to agree. when a religion breaks the laws of the country, it has to be stopped.
if a muslim hits his wife he should be put in jail
if a muslim abuses his kids, he should be put in jail
if a muslim advocates for the violent overthrow of this government he should be deported.
freedom of religion in the 1st amendment guarentees the government won't tell you what religion to believe in...however the practice of that religion cannot violate any of our laws
man controls religious practices, not the other way around.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by crustas
Someone i know, a French girl, told me a that the Muslims in France have a phrase that says it all.

"We (the Muslims) are going to conquer France and Europe using our women womb as weapon", in other words we will beat you by the numbers. Its something to think about isn't it?

It's quite silent this conquer and sponsored by the french gov through the tax payers.

I've heard this before too.

It's plausible i guess, gradually more muslims are spilling into Europe and our countries. I have nothing against them, but if their plan is to take over said countries by breeding, then they can gtf.

Come, live peacefully side by side with us, great!

But come over, start telling us our country is wrong, booing, jeering and moaning about our army, and our country, telling us to change it and again, GTF to where the hell you came from.

I think if one religion is banned, the lot should be.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Feel better now?

I provided a quote and the link from which is came from, which was provided by you clearly stating Muslim women prefer to wear blue jeans, and you still deny the reality.

If you are going to provide a link to an article that supports your position, you need to provide the link, and a quote from the article that supports you position, or you have provided nothing.

What I think you are is a disinformation agent, which is why you don't follow standard procedure when quoting an article.

If you know anything about western women and their shoes, then you comments were only meant to take a cheap shot at me. I was being kind in my response.

When we have a female Muslim journalist from Pakistan stating that Muslim women prefer blue jeans beacuse they are much better than the burqa syle outfits from your own link, that blows your claims that these women prefer to wear these burqa's completely out of the water.

I understand why you threw a tantrum.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I like what he is saying. He is saying, "we will drink when we want", "our woman will not cover their faces for you" and more. I hear him.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Has anybody yet dared to address a scarved woman on the street to ask for
the time or the way ?

I feel inhibited to do so, because I expect a different from the normal reaction.
If there is a man with that woman, he might take this act as a sexual approach.

The Pakistani women contravening the Muslim culture know that this freedom
would only be allowed in Western countries, but not in any of the many
Sharia-governed states.

So the so-called independence turns into dependence and coercion when other
Muslim women in Europe are being forced under the scarf by their Muslim communities and parents.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Rather than banning the Qur'an (Koran) or any other religious book, because if you ban the Qur'an then you'll obviously have to ban the others... especially the other Abrahamic ones as they're all very similar... Ban the Bigots!!

Here you go Bombeni.... i know you like to deny that the faiths/religions are related or similar.... but they are.
en.wikipedia.org...

But yes... anyway, instead of banning all those religious books and any other literature which people may find offensive, let's ban the bigots.

Those Like Geert wilders, Fred Phelps and Abu Hamza... who preach hate and intolerance.

People just love to hate huh?

Oh the irony....

[edit on 14/10/09 by blupblup]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You know, enough with the Muslim bashing. Yes, their culture is different than ours, but we do not have a right to impose our western belief system upon a culture they have committed to for thousands of years. The women of our country took a stand against men and demanded equal rights and opportunities, Muslim women *could* potentially do the same. Back then we didn't treat our women that much different than the Muslim men treat theirs.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Tantrum? I had no tantrum. Sure, I was getting a little tired with how you continue (even in your last post) to ignore my point, but I've dealt with you enough times before to not let that affect my temperament.

As for the "standard procedure when quoting an article"

I was just following your orders. You asked for a LINK, I provided a link, with the assumption that most people who care enough to be replying to this thread would go through it. When later you asked for a quote from the link, I gave a quote from the link.

Once again your last post revealed a little more about you. It is just my perception of you (just as your perception of me is as a disinfo agent, although you've yet to show any disinfo I've given), but it seems you divide the world into these little blocks of "WESTERN", "OTHERS"; "MY CULTURE", "THE OTHER CULTURES"; "MUSLIMS", "WOMEN", "MEN", etc, and you assign the whole block specific traits and characteristics, and refuse to see them as individuals.

You do realise that every single woman on the planet doesn't have same behaviours, desires and goals, right? An obvious enough concept (just making sure, because you seem to post a lot about what "most women want" or what "many women crave")

Taking the previous point further, we'll add another qualifier:
You do realise that every single muslim woman on the planet doesn't have the same behaviours, desires and goals, right?

One muslim woman finds jeans more comfortable than something called a "georgette shalwar". Great! I applaud her! Everyone should wear what they like best.

Another muslim woman likes wearing a hijab. It empowers her, and makes her feel independent. Yay!

We've now learnt that muslim women can have varying opinions on various things. This is good news!

SOME women may be forced into wearing a burqa or hijab. This is deplorable! SOME women may also be forced into only eating fruits and vegetables. This is deplorable too! But SOME women may CHOOSE to wear a burqa or hijab, or CHOOSE to only eat fruits and vegetables. Banning either one of those is an absurd idea.

*You do realise, however, that wearing or not wearing of jeans has little connection to the hijab. Jeans go over your LEGS. Hijab goes over your head. Burqa goes over your whole body, including the jeans (if you so desired to wear them).*

Also, how were my comments a cheap shot? I gave an example which you (in your strict divisions of WESTERN and ISLAMIC, etc.) might relate to of how high-heeled shoes have a stronger case for banning, and how they could be forced (hypothetically, and perhaps even subliminally) on women.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The only thing I really don't get about the Muslim faith is that any countries dominated by it are not places I would ever want to live. Should the whole religion be banned I would say no but it does mean submission and that's not an appealing idea to me so I am glad I don't live in Iran. Are there Christian terrorists yes plenty does that make Christianity all bad no.

I for one would consider a us soldier driving a tank through Iraq with Jesus killed mohamad painted in Arabic designed to incite people a terrorist as one example.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

as an american, i tend to agree. when a religion breaks the laws of the country, it has to be stopped.
if a muslim hits his wife he should be put in jail
if a muslim abuses his kids, he should be put in jail
if a muslim advocates for the violent overthrow of this government he should be deported.
freedom of religion in the 1st amendment guarentees the government won't tell you what religion to believe in...however the practice of that religion cannot violate any of our laws
man controls religious practices, not the other way around.

Good post.

For too long now, the Western value system has been based on "cultural relativism" and ignoring the fact that it, too, is a value system that needs to be defended.

This is the height of arrogance masked in a false humility. It seems humble because there is much talk of "tolerance," "making room for other viewpoints," and "righting historical wrongs." But below this is a stratum of extreme arrogance rooted in the false assumption that "our way is so strong and powerful that it can never be threatened by any other worldview, so there is plenty of leeway to make room for other ideas."

Well, no longer so. Its high time for the developed world to realize that it does, in fact have values that are vulneable and must be protected. Its high time for more pride in the values that made the developed world developed to beging with, rather than the endless cringing and genuflecting in shame.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

AHH, you have leaped out of the sea of RELIGIOUS DOGMA and it's divisiveness and now see through eyes unclouded. ONE WAY MULTICULTURALISM , DOUBLE STANDARDS , IGNORANCE , SLOTH , HUBRIS , CORRUPTION .

YOU MUST STAND FOR SOMETHING OR YOU FALL FOR NOTHING!
Many in the CHRISTAN WEST , and I say CHRISTIAN , because for the past 2 thousand years it has shaped the west's paradigm and prosperity , have become SELF LOATHING. If they want to commit CULTURAL SUICIDE because the weight of their INIQUITY shames them , I will not , AS I HAVE NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF. Our culture has brought us thus far to the dawn of a new age WE only need to shake off the CORPORATE CABAL that holds us back , THEY are the TRUE ENEMY.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

You were following my orders?

Sure you were.

I get your point, because some, possibly a few, but doubtful, Muslim women honestly want to wear a Burqa, Muslims should be allowed to continue to coerce all women they have influence over to wear a burqa, or other dress of subservience.

Oh I get it. So does everyone else.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Originally posted by poet1b
You were following my orders?

Sure you were.

Is that supposed to mean anything? You make up arbitrary rules such as "Post links, I always post links!" (with no mention of quoting the relevant part), so I posted a link. Now I had done that, and you had little to argue about, so you made up another arbitrary rule (you should include quotes!), even though you don't necessarily follow it yourself, so I did that too, even if I think it promotes laziness.

I get your point, because some, possibly a few, but doubtful, Muslim women honestly want to wear a Burqa, Muslims should be allowed to continue to coerce all women they have influence over to wear a burqa, or other dress of subservience.

Doubtful? How are they doubtful? How are they few? Do you have any statistics of forced wearing of hijab vs wearing by choice? Oh, I forget, you wouldn't believe such statistics (unless they agreed with your opinion), because they can't be trusted, because they would have been beaten otherwise
And no, you don't get my point. Would you ban jackets and ties because offices or restaurants "force you to wear them"? Or ban radiation suits because the power plant forces you to wear one?

I am truly sorry that your understanding of the Islamic world is so limited that you can't comprehend that certain items of clothing mean something different than your perception of "oppression" and "slavery".

Oh I get it. So does everyone else.

I think they get you too, for which I am thankful.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Pakistan is right now coming under attack by the Taliban. Those fine "free"
Pakistani ladies would speedily throw themselves under the burqa, should the
Taliban be the victors.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I think they get you too, for which I am thankful.

we do!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by De La Valletta

....Many in the CHRISTAN WEST , and I say CHRISTIAN , because for the past 2 thousand years it has shaped the west's paradigm and prosperity....

Are you a Christian De La Valletta?

or just a big fan of the Christian West?

trying to get a feel for what I'm looking at here...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join