It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a member of the English Defense League

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
www.englishdefenceleague.org...

The English Defence League (EDL) has been formed by English people who are tired of our Government letting Terrorists preach Murder on our streets. It is not an act of Fascism to oppose Terrorists and Sharia.

People of England, Wake up. Before it's too late

First of all i don't take kindly to people calling us racists, we are not the BNP and we are not the KKK.

What people don't understand is that when your around these people they do not keep throwing out racist remarks, we do not tell each other how much we hate blacks, we are decent honest people.

Now some people on ATS might know what it's like in some parts of Birmingham, you go into some areas and it's like a different country, and they stare at you because you don't fit in, i wouldn't feel safe going into these areas alone, not because they are violent, but it feels intimidating.

Another outrage was when our troops did a march after they came back from Afghanistan, there they where lined up across the streets shouting all type of insults at people who put there own life on the line.
Please if you come into our country respect our soldiers.

Another thing, just the other day our city councial had to take down every St.georges flag because it might insult the Muslims because the Crusaders wore it on there armour. What the hell is all that about, we are not allowed to fly our own flag in our country because we might upset people.

Oh but it gets so much worse..

'Christmas is the pathway to hell': Muslim lawyer's extraordinary rant at 'evil' celebration

A Muslim lawyer has launched an extraordinary rant against Christmas, branding the celebration 'evil'.

Hate preacher Anjem Choudary claimed the festival was the 'pathway to hell' and urged his followers to boycott it.

'In the world today many Muslims, especially those residing in Western countries, are exposed to the evil celebration Christmas,' he raged in a sermon broadcast on the internet.

'Many take part in the festival celebrations by having Christmas turkey dinners.

'Decorating the house, purchasing Christmas trees or having Christmas turkey meals are completely prohibited by Allah.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

And also some of you might know about dispacthes and what they uncovered.
"Dispatches undertakes an extensive investigation into a number of British mosques to reveal how a message of hatred and segregation is being spread throughout the UK. Filming undercover at mosques run by key organisations, whose public faces are presented as moderate and mainstream, our reporter finds preachers condemning the idea of integration into British society, condemning British democracy as un-Islamic and praising the Taliban for killing British soldiers."

We need a voice, our own goverment are not doing anything to silence this sort of hate preaching.
The people are fed up, we want the extremists out, we need to make ourselves heard, if we don't voice our thoughts who else will.
One thing for sure, the goverment are not doing anything about it.

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I think if you stopped reading the Daily Mail so much, you might have a different outlook on life.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Hi Haydn,

I really understand what you are talking about.

It is really mad when your own country lets people move in who hate you and threaten your way of life.

I am aware that a lot of terrorists are in Britain. When I wanted to go to Britain, there were strict rules about British kin, then Britain went mad and allowed every terrorist in.

Then Britain wonders why things are not working? Oh, please. Do you think the queen has totally given up on Britain? Because she is sensible. And it is time she stepped forward, unless she is just too tired of the whole thing. But she should step forward, she is the queen, that is what the monarch does when her people are in trouble.

She is probably like every other person in power in the world - could not care less.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Nothing to do with what news papers i read, it's happening right now, you can't see it, you dont know what happens in "SOME" of these mosques.
I stress i am not trying to say all muslims are evil terrorists, i know everybody says this but i do know 2 muslims who went to my highschool, one helped me through business classes and they were like any normal person.

Its what goes on behind closed doors you have to think about.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Blame your "queen" ... she's the one that brought all of those things into your midst to trouble you.

You've become the host to a particulary vicious parasite...your actions will ultimately prove unsuccessful and in the long run you're all screwed. Don't despair, however, you're world has been quarantined, so we'll be okay over here.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IDK88

I don't think we can blame the queen.

She may be weak, but she is not evil.

I think we can blame the world powers, but the queen is basically good, I think.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Fair play to you for coming onto these boards and explaining yourself.

As i've said i can see both (or all three) sides of the coin and can understand the difficulties in these situations.

Question: Why are you protesting against the people who are abusing our system, as opposed to protesting against the idiots in power who have let this happen? Surely if you need to change something, you should aim for the source?

There's nothing more i wish to add at the moment, but at least if people have a problem with thew EDL then they can at least open dialogue with you.

MR L

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Well I guess i dont live in Birmingham so I can't really comment, but i have just spent my weekend in Hackney in London and didn't feel intimidated at all. It was nice to see, the amount of different nationalities and cultures all in the same proximity.Muslim women in Burkas, Hisidic Jews, afro caribeans, eastern europeans, all trying to live their lives. Something that made me proud to be British. where else in the world can you get such a variety of people and cultures in such a small area.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
First time Iv heard of EDL, but have thought we've needed something like it for a long time. Branding a group racist is just a way of silencing them or making the said group appear uncredible.

What I cant understand is the outrage in England when people are patriotic or suggest our borders need to be monitored more closely or when we speak out against people who spew hatred and are free to get away with it. The pc brigade just say the word racist and its swept swiftly under the carpet.

Im originally from a working class area, recently upon returning I found it had been flooded with african refugees, (now fine they do need a place to live) but english citizens were being turned down for housing on the grounds they were being kept for refugees and I know this to be fact.

Why the sudden influx of refugees in high numbers to our cities? Are they being sufficiantly checked for diseases such as aids among others. Also issues on eastern europeans working as cheap labour and sending most of their wages back to their native countries does nothing for our econemy.

We need to firstly look after our own before trying to cater for the rest of the world. We are not a country the size of the U.S. we are putting a strain on the NHS, housing and police force that is totally unnecessary imo.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The Answer:::::

LINGUISTICS !

Know your enemy from within, learn the language, listen, become aware.

Sure beats assumptions and hysteria IMO.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Aye but London ain't Birmingham.

I've slept on the streets in both cities and London felt infinitely safer to me. Birmingham had a gang culture that i had never experienced before.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

Would you say this one is an adequate representation/depiction of what you are opposed to?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0be3c5b98a8.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

That amongst others, especially the people who hold up signs saying "Behead those who insult Islam"

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Your right, having different cultures is great, you learn new things, foods, languages, history, i have no problem with this, its when a few start to get the idea they should own the country.

If i went to live in Iran i don't think they would be happy with me walking around protesting against Ramadam.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I am sure you do not mean any harm but you are only causing more disharmony. Yes you are racist although i am sure you re not meaning to be. I found your speal offensive. I have freinds from all weeks of lives some of which are muslims. Have you been to a mosque? I have and i have never heard a word of harted being preaches nor have I been made to feel unwelcome.
As for walking through an area of the UK in you owns words 'Birmingham, you go into some areas and it's like a different country' So what. I lived most of my live in London every area is like a diffrent country. Brixton dark skined people, kilborne, irish, tooting, Chiness and Indian. I could go on the list is endless. Well thats one thing i lke about my city. There are so many people from different cultures all living together. That is what gives a city like london is strengths.
Of course there are problems of race but it is bought on by the same small minded attitude that you have towards race.
Look at you own blood line if you come from the UK. You are formed by layers and layers of imigration, that is the history of England. Do not deny yourself.
What would you do? Close the mosques, Stop Sharia law. Not let people that have the same coloured skin if its not white live next to each other. Close down the Muslim schools and keep the catholic ones open. You are a racist we all are it is built into us. How easy we are to rule when all we can see is differences between people.
People are people, there is good and bad everywere.
get over it

kxx

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Calm down.
If you read through again you will see what i type.
I dont type all mosques, i dont type all muslims.

I dont know what you expect me to say?
Oh ok i will just sit here and let extremists preach hate and boo at our soldiers.

Yes its all fine and dandy.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Your right, having different cultures is great, you learn new things, foods, languages, history, i have no problem with this, its when a few start to get the idea they should own the country.

You idiot savant! Iraq is not exactly a democracy atm is it?

Who's the idiot? the op said Iran.

"If i went to live in Iran i don't think they would be happy with me walking around protesting against Ramadam."

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
How very odd that an organsation that promotes the English people in our own country is often seen as racist or right wing.

The SNP and Plaid Cymru are seen as left of centre and no one seems to call them racist when they actively promote being Scottish or Welsh.

I welcome an organisation that promotes England and being English. I call myself an Englishman. I am not British or European yet I have been called a racist because I called myself English, yet a Scot can call themself Scottish and this is seen as a good thing.

And what is so wrong in wanting the values of this country respected by all who come to live here. We have made a rod for our own backs by being so welcoming, and we have not had a Government with a spine to stand up and there are standards that are expected when you live in my country.

There are too many leftie do-gooders who not want to offend guests or immigrants in our country, by saying that some of their actions are not acceptable.

And why and why is wanting a day to celebrate St George such a hard time for our Government to buy in to. We make more of an effort to celebrate St Patrick's day that we do our own patron saint.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Can i ask - what makes the EDL focus solely on Islamic militantancy?

There's many more things influencing and eroding your English culture than a few Muslims saying things that are then printed in one of the UKs most biased papers.

Some Muslims protested against soldiers. While i don't agree with doing that because it's not the soldier's fault where they're sent to war, I do agree with their right to do it. I'm sure there was non-Muslims doing the same but we don't focus on them becasue it doesn't fit the anti-Muslim agenda that's being pushed by the media. You seem to believe that if they 'come into our country' they shouldn't do this. What if they're born here? That's makes them English does it not? So do you think it's ok to protest against the soldiers if you're a white anglo-saxon Christian?

Muslims didn't demand your flag to be removed, your council did that. If you asked any Muslim if they agreed with it, i can assure you they were not offended by the English flag in any way. So don't blame Muslims for that.

Some Muslims may say Christmas is evil. Who cares what they think or what they say! It's not going to stop you or your family celebrating Christmas is it?

Some areas have a lot of Asian people living there and that makes you feel intimidated. Why? You say yourself it's not because of violence. Why do you feel fear in these places? I've lived somehwere like that and loved the diversity of the foods available, the opinions of the people, and the experience of the different cultures. Ask youself why a young woman like myself would feel that way, but you feel fear.

I think your 'I'm not a racist but....' stance is jaded by the fact it appears like you just don't like Muslims.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Nammu]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join