It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cowards just now coming forth to speak on UFO's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

There are many who believe our real creators were extraterrestrial, if I were to explain it in "religious" terms, it would be like Christ arrived for his second coming and those who witnessed him kept it secret.

Imagine the uproar if some old man suddenly came forth and told the devout that Christ visited and has been locked up in some military base since the 40's

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

You still don't address the original point which is why would that be a crime?

Again, this is a question of legality not morality.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

I specifically remember someone asking what else you are supposed to do when they threaten your family.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

thats right tell them a*** holes but i think thats a old clip may be from early this year and that they was giving obama until july to tell the truthor the would drop the breaking news some thing they was to have of big importance never herd any thing

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ualredyknow
i think thats a old clip may be from early this year and that they was giving obama until july to tell the truthor the would drop the breaking news some thing they was to have of big importance never herd any thing

Looks like you were lied to then, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilydale

Sorry, I'm kind of confused by your reply. Was it directed at someone else? Anyway, If they threatened my family I would keep my mouth shut until the right time to say something arose.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
There is always the chance that they didn't see anything of any significance and are just joshing around.

Joshing around?

Have you any idea of some of the case histories regarding these incidents?

I have to say thats possibly one of the most flippantly dismissive and wilfully ignorant comments I've read in a long,long time.

Pilot Parvis Jafari testimony:
www.youtube.com...

Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

John Callaghan -Federal Aviation Authority Official -1:13
www.youtube.com...

Thread

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
dont know enough about the law to say if its a crime or or not in the strictest sense of a "crime" being a violation of a written law.

it feels criminal, but that doesn't necessarily make it a violation of law.

but some people believe you owe your allegiance to the truth above all else. that speaking the truth is worth any risk.
history is full of people who are honored for their sacrifice for defending and spreading the truth for the benefit of all.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Let me offer a public apology for t
he comments I some how took so far out of context.
Do to a pint of Jack Daniels and coke a cola for a chase.
I can't even remember what I was thiking.
I'm just now getting to this page

and Wow if this is the only
damage I've done.
Thank God

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Like some people in here know, I'm a airliner pilot.

I've spent a lot of money to get where I am, and thankfully things went along just fine and I'm good at my job, progressing very well in my career.

I also have a family to take care of... Although I'm not the only one bringing food to the table, I'm the one who has the larger paycheck.

Why am I saying this?

Because I had a UFO sighting while in flight. It was only a sighting, and the information that I got visually could be very important to some people, or governaments.

Now, I don't want to come forward with this. I might make a thread on it with the help of ArMap, but nothing more than that. You wont see me (or my crew at the time) in any tv show, or any event. You wont even get to know who I am, my real name, my rank and position.

I don't want to loose my job so some people get to know a "cute thing" that many wont even believe!

I understand perfectly why this guys are only coming forward now. Well, mostly because their kids are grown up and have their own careers, because they are retired and they can't loose their "job", etc....

Cowards? Are you serious? Who are you to judge this people? Provably you would poop yourself if you saw some of the things this guys have seen. You can't imagine the pressure of flying a airliner full of passengers, and all the sudden you have to handle something you can't explain nor understand how it's going to end.

And even if they are safe in a office... Do you think that they were going to blow everything way so you can know about a flying disk in the air? Hurting their families and jobs so you can read it on a forum or newspaper?

You should gain a lot of respect for people that are giving you such a testimony without receiving anything.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
Cowards? Are you serious? Who are you to judge this people? Provably you would poop yourself if you saw some of the things this guys have seen. You can't imagine the pressure of flying a airliner full of passengers, and all the sudden you have to handle something you can't explain nor understand how it's going to end.

You should gain a lot of respect for people that are giving you such a testimony without receiving anything.

Very well said.

If you've not seen it before, there are quite a number of other
pilot UFO incidents/testimonies/reports at the thread below -some of the incidents involve unknown objects being corellated by air/ground radar or producing electromagnetic interference effects on the aircraft:
Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
when does the threat go away ?

several posters have made the claim that the ` witnesses ` remained silent for years because of some " threat to thier families "

but now they are free to talk

say what ? is there some statute of limitation on ` threats to families ` ?????

unless every single member of the witnesses family is now dead - i fail to see how the passage of decades reduces the threat / risk to thier family

does anyone actually think that a threat to a witnesses 5 year old child should be heeded - but now that child is 45 - MEH! they are old enogh to handle themselves ????

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I will give my personal example again...

I saw a UFO while in flight, while WORKING. I'm a airline pilot. Me, and my crew, witnessed the whole thing and it was real, for all of us.

After that event, upon landing, I asked "should we send the UFO report out so they can handle it?".

The response from my captain at the time was cold and simple:

No. Shut up.

You know why? Because if I opened my mouth, this could bring media attention. I would be in interviews, giving my face and testimony, putting my pilot expertise in jeopardy, and my personal mental integrity, and the integrety of my crew.

Maybe I would be clapped, and people would marvell at my case. Maybe I would be humiliated. If so, do you know what my employer would do? Dismiss me.

I have the stripes on my shoulders and I REPRESENT my company. I have to look good, with nice shoes, nice shirts and very well handle cloaths.

Do you think my company would keep in service a pilot that is considered a joke?

Just look at the JAL case, and you'll see what happened to the CAPTAIN who is only a CAPTAIN. When you are a pilot...you are a pilot. But a captain has a different status quo in any company, and he was fired from that cargo company.

I love my child, and I love my wife. I don't want to have them in some type of hard time just because I reported a UFO and media looked into it.

But when I'm retired, and I have a secure paycheck at the end of the month, every month, and they can't take that way from me, and when my child is grown up and have their own paycheck and can't be fired because they have nothing to do with the case, maybe I will speak up. I have nothing to loose.

Now? I have. I have a lot to loose. I'm a young pilot, with a LOT to prove, and I have some medals on my chest, and I still have that much to prove. Something like being considered a "UFO guy" would RUIN my career.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Is easy for you to judge when you are in a forum, behind a PC. But when your life(job/reputation) is on the line, its not easy to take the decision of coming forward and take such a huge risk.

That's why I applaude standing up ANYONE that speaks up regarding the consequences.

But that means that the ones who don't speak when the things happen, are cowards? No. Not at all.

Althouth it is important to mankind, it's not worth it for you to fall in humiliation and misery just because you told a UFO sighting/story to the public.

[edit on 7/10/09 by Tifozi]

[edit on 7/10/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well said Tifozi.

BTW, many of the older witnesses have come forward long before now. The older cases are nothing new to me, I've been reading about them for years. The Rendlesham Forest case - those guys talked about it years ago and I've read things that Cooper has said about UFOs in the past.

How ignorant is the OP? Most of these 'old crusty men' were the elite of their time. Astronaughts, test-pilots...come on dude!!! Anyone who flew to the moon atop a Saturn 5 was was no coward. These guys were highly intelligent, fit, tough men who did things we can't even do today.

Some people DID come forward years ago, Jessie Marcel being one of them, but like Tifozi...it is easy to understand why most didn't until later.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There was no new information on that show.

Everything talked about has been known for a while and all those who spoke of their encounters are well known.

The cowards are those who know more that would corroborate the information and could come forward and choose not to.

Maybe they are all dead now or incapacitated from old age.

Gordon Cooper has spoke of the incident at Edwards Air Force base many times.

I know that incident to be true.

I worked with men who were there at the time and they witnessed it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join