It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile Phone (Vibrating thigh Syndrome)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I have expereinced this, nearly exactly where the phone normally is in my pocket.

I never thought anything of it. Wow, seriously.

I have hardly used a cell phone, but I definitely don't agree with the "muscle memory theory" all in my head stuff.

I lean more towards high frequency nerve damage in my leg, causing the muscle to randomly twitch when my phone isn't in my pocket, it might happen 10 times in one day, and then not happen for a month.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by sticky]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's psychological. Just like when I reach back and feel my back right pocket whether my wallet is there or not...it feels like it's there. If you carried your phone in your shirt pocket, then you would likely begin to feel the vibrating on your chest...It's all in the mind.

Just my 2-cents

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think that you may be suffering early stages of sciatica.
A typical symptom of this condition is a buzzing sensation running down the right thigh,due to the sciatic nerve becoming trapped or pinched.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

I too have experienced this, so often in fact that sometimes when I am getting a call i ignore it, thinking its just the vibrations. I remember reading somewhere that in 30-50 years people will start having more brain tumors and brain cancer due to the increasing number of cell phone waves that go through us constantly. Scientists even postulate that cell phones are the main cause for the decline of the honey bee population. The brain is a muscle, like the leg muscles, so maybe there is something to the EMF theory

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Careful, There is no limit to what "Big Phona" will do to keep this quiet.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I experience this phenomenon on a regular basis.

In the interest of science and the furtherance of human understanding, I am going to fashion for myself an unprecedented sort of 'front-pocket', whereby I will suspend my phone from the part of my pants where the legs are sewn together, toward the top.

I shall do this in hopes of eventually re-locating these phantom vibrations to a place where they will seem less intrusive, or perhaps even enjoyable.

anyone interested in purchasing one of my prototype pockets, please send ten pounds to my home address. i will post the results of my experimentation, and perhaps a series of instructive photographs, when sufficient data is available.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
happens to me all the time even when my phone isnt on my person....i thought i was crazy

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I've had this exact thing too. I keep my cell phone in my left pocket, always, and only get it in my left leg. I have to say it's very realistic.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Happens to me as well, all this time I just thought it was all the nerve damage from the military. I've noticed it happens no matter where I had the phone, same with others around me. From what I've seen it doesn't matter if you live on your cell phone or barley use it. I haven't had a active cell phone for close to 4 months and I'll still get the sensation once or twice a week.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GobbledokTChipeater
IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD!

As soon as you check your phone and realise it isn't ringing (or even in your pocket) then the vibrating stops, right?

It's like when you think you hear your phone ringing so you concentrate and listen harder for a bit and realise it isn't. And no that isn't caused by EMI.

Sorry no.
I had a Motorola flip phone that I would keep in my breast pocket. I would get these vibrations in my chest even while just wearing a t-shirt while looking at my phone on a table next to me (that was not ringing). The "buzzing" didn't stop until it was ready.

Have since gotten another phone and have not had the problem for a while.

It is strange to say the least, but I am inclined to think it has something to do with muscle memory and the strength of the phone.

Then again, what do I know.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday
The 50 or so of us @ work talk of this often and we call it the phantom phone...

Lol, that's a great name for it!

Ramachandran should look into this!

I usually only get it a few moments before my phone goes off if it's not on my person.

I just chalked it up to being cancer starting up.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Dude, starred.

I was wondering what caused that. I used to get that alot and merely thought it was inactivity in my legs. But the last time I got that was in January 2009, and I haven't had a phone since July 2008.

Interesting topic. I'll be asking my friends that question over the next few days.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

The brain is a muscle, like the leg muscles, so maybe there is something to the EMF theory

The brain is NOT a muscle. It's an organ comprised of neurons and glia.

I've also noticed the vibration, though to me it is more of a muscle twitch/spasm. Considering that muscles are controlled by the nervous system(electrically), it's plausible that Electromagnetic energy, from cell phones, may interfere and/or cause nerve damage.

The same may be true for the brain, considering, once again, that the brain is an electrical component.

Kind of scary.......

-Dev

[edit on 30-9-2009 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I believe this is a cellular anomaly! lol on many levels...

I know that my leg started vibrating like that where I keep my phone about 5-6 years after I first started using a cell. I almost always use the vibrate feature on my phone, even when the sound is on, just in case I can't hear it. So I think that the vibration cause the cells in my leg (muscle cells) are vibrating through training.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is pretty amazing. All five of us in my nuclear family experience this, or did for a time this summer. It has stopped for me, but not for the rest. I've decided to get rid of my mobile - not because of this though, although I'm happy to include it as yet another good reason to do so!

Things are getting weird, aren't they? I think we need to get rid of some of our tech. It's too invasive. We're losing our lives to it.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
In 2000 I had a Motorola cell fone, and was coordinating an event for a few days where I was using it a great deal, at the end of the first day (using it in my left hand as usual) I had a headache behind by left ear.

I mentioned it to my friends and wondered if it could be the cell phone...they laughed at me.

The next day I used it with my right hand.

And damned if I did not get a headache behind my right ear!

I now rarely use them at all, and when I need to use them a bit, i use a blue tooth headset (very low RF strength) and keep the handset away from my head.
I have experienced no symptoms with the bluetooth. I now consider cell fones toxic...I have been in electronics field my whole life so perhaps I have grown allergic...

[edit on 30-9-2009 by seataka]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
yes I have experienced this, I thought I was going crazy, kinda glad to hear other people are experiencing this too.

On a related subject, I've also noticed, sometimes I can hear my girlfriend nagging at me, even when my phone is on the desk.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Whenever I deployed, I always had "phantom cell phone syndrome" for about a month after I packed it into the bottom of my seabag. I'd be walking along, and all of a sudden, I'd feel a vibration from my right pocket, and I'd quite involuntarity reach down to answer my non-existant Katana.

[edit on 2009/9/30 by Griever0311]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yep... I have had 'phantom phone calls' to my upper left leg plenty of times, never had it before I used a cell phone.

Might be something like phantom limb pain?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yes!
and i thought i was going nuts! top right of the thigh...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join