It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Larry King Interview With Ahmadinejad (25/9/09)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

In regards to the holocaust, I think Ahmadinajad has a neutral position. Because #1 he is not a historian and #2 Holocaust is used to justify the treatment of Palestinians.

So if I was in his position I would do the same. I would ask questions.

The notion that 'winners write the history' applies here. Germany was the unfortunate losers.

Here is a comparison, you can see how America will be remember when history is rewritten. America will be defeated sooner or later.

Final Solution

[edit on 26-9-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sticky

Dear John,

I've seen more Anti-Iranian comments from you in the past two days than anyone else on ATS.

It seems nearly obvious to me what your agenda is.

I'm not anti-Iranian, can you even get that correct for a start!?

Yes I'm a supporter of the Iranian opposition, and I don't think I need to justify why, it should be obvious.

Oh an agenda??!! Can someone not be anti-Israel without an agenda on ATS?!

Can I discuss an issue without silly accusations?

[edit on 26-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I love how people always refer to the iranian government as a *regime*.You can tell right off the bat what their agenda is in calling it that.Can't watch the video right now though sadly.Will later though.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
We only have one divine right in this world, it is death. Anyone who believes otherwise is insane and a danger to all of humanity.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by sticky]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

That is where Ahmadi has used a strawman argument, as Israel does not use the holocaust as an excuse for mal-treatment of palestinians.

So if I was in his position I would do the same. I would ask questions.

What questions does he ever ask any historian not tied to the regime, please give evidence that he actually asks waht he claims he desires to ask, but seemingly never bothers to discuss or ask?!

The notion that 'winners write the history' applies here. Germany was the unfortunate losers.

Haha, so unfortunate that the Nazi's lost! Unbelievable! I find your simplistic logic to be inept.

Here is a comparison, you can see how America will be remember when history is rewritten. America will be defeated sooner or later.

The analogy is again too simplistic.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by oozyism

Oh really!? Check my previous post.

The original agreement required Iran to submit such information no later than 180 days before the introduction of nuclear material into the facility

www.iaea.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Why does Israel keep violating International laws and get away with it? That is the point Ahmadinajad is making, you don't have to be a genius to understand that.

Going to sleep

Just before going to sleep I just want to tell you that I'm the only guy who gave you a star and a flag, and it is because you went through the effort to gain those videos and let us watch. Thanks again. Good night.

oozy

[edit on 26-9-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I love how people always refer to the iranian government as a *regime*.You can tell right off the bat what their agenda is in calling it that.Can't watch the video right now though sadly.Will later though.

It's an illegitimate government because of the coup d'etat military takeover in June.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by john124

Why does Israel keep violating International laws and get away with it? That is the point Ahmadinajad is making, you don't have to be a genius to understand that.

Going to sleep

oozy

So that gives the Iranian govt an excuse to violate international laws. It's just a method of distracting the viewers.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
So i am slightly confused with this issue.

What specific rules if any have Iran broken?

I am aware that Iran is a signatory to the NPT yet Israel, along with India, Pakistan and North Korea is not. India, Pakistan and North Korea have openly tested and declared they have nuclear weapons, while Israel has not.

[edit on 26/9/09 by Kram09]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

reply to post by oozyism

Oh really!? Check my previous post.

The original agreement required Iran to submit such information no later than 180 days before the introduction of nuclear material into the facility

www.iaea.org...

Despite the fact that Iran tried to unlawfully unilaterally repudiate the agreement, Ahmadi lies about telling the IAEA about this installation to cover-up that they did not tell the IAEA. The regime later tells the IAEA 3 days ago after being rumbled, and Ahmadi's lies are proven to be lies to cover up more lies about international laws being broken.

Of course the regime will spin in between these lies that enrichment processes have not begun, because it's the best lie that they can come up with now we know the facility exists, that they think they will get away with.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It was an interesting interview not only for what was said but also for the simple fact that the interview happened. That in itself discredits anyone who would suggest that Iran is a country bent on isolating itself hating every other nation and hoping the whole world dies.
No... Iran is in my opinion a country like any other country that wants to develop and therefore join the world in economical, finantial and technological growth.

He obviously has different views on the WW2 holocaust but it does raze the question - why was the holocaust and the Jewish people murdered during it more important than the countless people that are murdered nowadays fruit of our world's current dictatorships, greed, xenophobia and hatred. Why is the holocaust so important to us but the countless people that have died in Africa's nations and as a result of our many wars throughout the decades ever since simply don't seem to matter?

And he asks a question that is very unpopular but to be honest has been in my mind too for a long time - why did the Palestinian people lose their land over the holocaust and WW2? Why were they punished? Why does the international community that is so humane and righteous that they never forget the WW2 holocaust keep ignoring the unlawful occupation of Palestinian land? Did someone just decided that if you're Palestinian you do not have as much right to live and own land as everyone else on the planet?

In the end it is easy to point fingers. To look at Iran's faults in government and point them out as proof of how much those people don't have as much a right to be in the planet as we do. All I ask is why? Iraq was invaded - my country's troops were there against the population's wishes - because they said they had weapons of mass destruction, they didn't, they were tied to Al Qaeda, they weren't... doesn't matter - regardless of the fact hundreds of thousands have been killed it doesn't matter because no matter what they're the bad guys and don't deserve to live anyway?

Shouldn't we the self-proclaimed civilized nations of the world eventually look in the mirror?

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have no problem with Iran or its people but to stick up for this !@#$! I think you're crazy. This dude tortured, imprisoned, and raped his people who rose up against him. Fact. Yeah, he's so wonderful and awake.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by really
I have no problem with Iran or its people but to stick up for this !@#$! I think you're crazy. This dude tortured, imprisoned, and raped his people who rose up against him. Fact. Yeah, he's so wonderful and awake.

So, under your position, USA, Israel, and many others "regimes", have the right to use it, just like you say, tortured, imprisoned, and raped his people who rose up against him..."

Good point of view... I believe

[edit on 26-9-2009 by MorgothaM]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorgothaM

So, under your position, USA, Israel, and many others "regimes", have the right to use it, just like you say, tortured, imprisoned, and raped his people who rose up against him..."

I don't even know what you're trying to say here. I said nothing about nukes (if that's what you are referring to). I'm saying this has been beyond no good for his own people. He didn't "win" his last election and let bygones be bygones. He destroyed people's lives.
Don't put words into my mouth.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
hi darrensharon or dashar.
i think president of iran is wise and possible sincere but also very carefull
of the wests intentions .
its possible they the iranian elite know more than any one here of the nwo agendas .
He could be terrified of loseing control of iran as he loves the country and people ,HE is protecting them from what he regards decadent western trends.
i think that is somewhat a good thing.
I can not go to our local parks, they are full gangs of drunken thugs in the day and night on coc aine, then the next day a huge police presence gangs go diff place, Anyway whats worse ?. [i think both are bad ].
This is what happens without moral leadership over the past 30 years.
if i atempt or report crime or shouting abuse lets say anything the kids want to do they can, i am not against race or antigay.antirights most who get police involved regret it.
police treat the person family reporting a matter worse than the offenders .
my neighbours do not use the police anymore.
keep the western industrial corporations influence in the world ( iran ) to a minimum or impose strict rules on what is good and aceptable and your kids will grow up much better ( not teaching about masturbation at age five is one thing i can think of ) .
Hollywood as more to answer for than any one other source of coruption to the human spirit and phyche (forgive spelling i am british ]

i think
if iran cooparated fully with the west with rockafella and the elite they wouldnt mention is atempt at nukes,
also if they was to let the companys of the west into the iran without restriction [ which is what they want] then they can and will influence the people.with the agenda
[edit on 26-9-2009 by dashar]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
Ahmadinejad is in my opinion more honest then Obama, he seems more honest and natural.

Yeah if you don't realise he's just reading the rule books that the regime has broken, and this only confuses the issue. It's like a caught thief quoting the rule book to the cops, that you must not steal etc. Yes, if you didn't know the person was a thief, you would think that person was talking sense. Until you realise he's just talking nonsense to distract from the main issue.

Unless you're willing to look at Iran from a neutral perspective, then his nonsense will seem sensible to the naive.

I didn't say he was an angle but he is way more honest then Obama thats for sure and about protests and free speech he was also right larry king accused him of not letting people protest while all this # is happening in pitsburg.

Hypocirciy is sooo nasty.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorgothaM

I don't even know what you're trying to say here. I said nothing about nukes (if that's what you are referring to). I'm saying this has been beyond no good for his own people. He didn't "win" his last election and let bygones be bygones. He destroyed people's lives.
Don't put words into my mouth.

The only thing that I trying to say here is when you were listing all that "democratic proceedings" that the iranian "regime" executed against his own people, reminds me all that threads here in ATS related to the unconstitutional police-military proceedings against the american people. And of course, the IDF against palestians.

Any difference?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MorgothaM

If you're talking about violence against people in general then no.
If you're talking about what happened at the G-20 demonstrations vs the "democratic proceedings" then the difference is in the severity. Crowds be dispersed by rubber bullets and tear gas, while awful and uncalled for, is not killing and raping.
The difference between the Israelis and Palestinians and Iran is that I was referring to how President Ahmadinejad treats his "own" people. Not some other group. I was not trying to compare him to other people or regimes. A lot of people on this thread are lauding him as some wonderful guy. He's not. That's what I am trying to make clear.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by really

He isn't a nice guy then?

So he must have been pretty rude when you met him then?

Oh wait.....you haven't met him have you?

You've got no idea.

<< 1    3 >>

join