It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Darwin film 'too controversial for religious America'

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lister87

You are misinformed.
First of all whites invaded India and found Blacks living there, they started a system of oppression and after many years the system of keeping the black man down stayed and the Indians adopted it,

The white man STARTED it.
You hardly know anything about the black untouchables so I suggest you do a lot more research on that subject before you start tossing around ignorant dis info.

Here's some info to start.
www.cwo.com...

I can go on for months about this.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84

Originally posted by Lister87

Are you replying to my other reply?

I can get in to a huge debate with you about white racists taking credit for things they really didn't discover, but people have already written entire books on that, these are conspiracy forums after all I would think you should have known a little about that.
And on these forums, I seem like the only person sticking up for the underdogs when it comes to these touchy subjects.

Please don't compare Japan to our smart Egyptian ancestors, didn't you know Japan tried to rebuild the Pyramids at 3/5th the size using modern tools and they failed so bad they ruined miles and miles of land screwing up.

If you knew about ancients you would know there is nothing new under the sun and I don't believe someone like Dawrin deserves any credit, as a matter of fact some great inventors DO give credit from their inventions to ancients, Alexander Graham Bell is one example, when he "re" invented the Phone he said "We are now re-discovering and re-inventing old technologies"
The main man of the Atom bomb said something very similar because they have insider knowledge and know they are just rediscovering things, but there is a cover up so most people would never know.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by buds84]

So you are telling me that the ancients had electricity, phones, nuclear bombs? Give me a break. Of course some ancients were smart for their time, but to say they were as advanced, if not more than the modern day is rubbish, no chance at all.

Alexander Graham Bell was awarded the 'invention' of the Telephone by the USA. He did invent a 'telephone', it was based on past ideas, as you've said, very basic ideas, but he did invent a electronic, modern telephone.

The fact you keep talking about 'the racist white man' i find hilarious, you obviously have a major problem with either white people, or these apparent 'white racists'. Do you consider every 'white man' that invented something, a racist?

I didn't know of Japan trying to rebuild pyramids no, but i'm sure if a group (from whatever race/nationality) did it properly, with modern tools, and took their time, they could easily do it, it'd take years of course, but still, the Japanese probably tried to rush it too much.

Did the egyptians build buildings like we see today in cities? Complex ones? No. Nowhere near as complex.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

So you are telling me that the ancients had electricity, phones, nuclear bombs? Give me a break. Of course some ancients were smart for their time, but to say they were as advanced, if not more than the modern day is rubbish, no chance at all.

Alexander Graham Bell was awarded the 'invention' of the Telephone by the USA. He did invent a 'telephone', it was based on past ideas, as you've said, very basic ideas, but he did invent a electronic, modern telephone.

The fact you keep talking about 'the racist white man' i find hilarious, you obviously have a major problem with either white people, or these apparent 'white racists'. Do you consider every 'white man' that invented something, a racist?

I didn't know of Japan trying to rebuild pyramids no, but i'm sure if a group (from whatever race/nationality) did it properly, with modern tools, and took their time, they could easily do it, it'd take years of course, but still, the Japanese probably tried to rush it too much.

Did the egyptians build buildings like we see today in cities? Complex ones? No. Nowhere near as complex.

Yes, much more complex, but I think, I am done talking to you as I now see you have much to learn about planet earth and I can't be bothered to explain and teach you, I have educated myself way past your level and I can't back track to small things such as ancient technologies because I learned about that years ago.
You have no clue of your past.

I suggest reading Dead Men's Secrets and similar books.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Yes, much more complex, but I think, I am done talking to you as I now see you have much to learn about planet earth and I can't be bothered to explain and teach you.
I hope you get past the brainwashing you have on you.
You have no clue of your past.

Haha. Right so you say thousands of years ago humans were more advanced than today? More advanced than computer systems connected together to allow us to have this debate?

At least back up your claims. 'Cant be bothered teaching me' sounds like an easy way out of showing proof.

If this apparent 'much more advanced and complex' society existed back then, where is the historical evidence of it? Where did you learn about it?

I'd be very interested to learn about it if such a thing existed. But i just can't see it.

Go ahead, show me.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I suggest reading Secrets of Man and similar books.

Late edit from you there.

I will check this out and at least read it, i have an open mind to say.

(Quick google check; is it UNREVEALED: SECRETS OF MAN? Otherwise i can't find it.)

Ideas of what you say have intrigued me before, but i've never found anything of extreme proof to convince me beyond conspiracy theories.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Lister87]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Youtube Dead Men's Secrets and Magical Egypt 8 part series and you can download isohunt.com...

Just for starters and you can thank me later lol.

U2U me for more when you're done and I'll show you more.
edit to add, a wise man said it seems humans have started at the peak and went down hill.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Youtube Dead Men's Secrets and Magical Egypt 8 part series and you can download isohunt.com...

Just for starters and you can thank me later lol.

U2U me for more when you're done and I'll show you more.

Fair enough, i have an open mind, and like i said, things of this nature have interested me before. I'll have a gander, thankyou. I'm 22, and I like to learn, take in and read, whether i agree with what i read and learn is a different matter, but still, you don't think i'd join a place like this to just sit and vegetate would you?

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Lister87]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I'll say it again Dawrin and his family should be shot and pissed on because he was a huge power in the racist movement, and saying "well everyone was racist" isnt an excuse.

What are you gonna do, dig up his bones, you anti white clown

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

You are misinformed.
First of all whites invaded India and found Blacks living there, they started a system of oppression and after many years the system of keeping the black man down stayed and the Indians adopted it,

The white man STARTED it.
You hardly know anything about the black untouchables so I suggest you do a lot more research on that subject before you start tossing around ignorant dis info.

Here's some info to start.
www.cwo.com...

I can go on for months about this.

"the white man started it", what a child, what a racist wee child

This is one proud white man who won't bow down to some racist anti white screaming like a 10 year old

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Of course your proud of you're racist forefathers.
Most people on these forums are.

And instead of debating or disproving me you admit it and throw childish insults.
This is a conspiracy forum on the internet, I'm allowed to talk about any conspiracy I want.

But wait... how dare I stand up to the corrupt white racists of the past?
I'm not afraid to dust off you're forefathers dirty covered up racist past and I can spot them all out, I've done my research.

Imagine all this backlash from people trying to defend Darwin as a great scientist that thinks Negros are Apes and you probably haven't even read his book.
I'm not racist, my best friends are white and share the same frame of mind.
I dare you try me. I bet I know more about you're own peoples past than YOU do.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by buds84]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
You do understand that white people were also slaves to other white people. Slavery comes from those with power abusing those without, the romans and greeks had many white european slaves who either worked or died as entertainment for them. Power does as it pleases. I dont say this to diminish the fact that the recent historical treatment of black people by white people has been horrendous because it has been and the fact its not even that long ago is shameful, but i dont believe the son should pay for the sins of the father and times are changing whether you dont believe we are evolving physically we certainly are socially.

The slave trade also still exists to a certain extent in eastern europe and parts of the middle east ( probably globally ), usually young women and children of all races ( it is different though slavery is illegal, the fact it was acceptable until so recent is whats abhorrent). Greed and power is the cancer of humanity.

Ignorance should be denied whether its history being rewritten or denying everything a white person or black person has done just because you have your own burnt deep views on the subject.

All we can do is search for the truth and accept it if we find it no matter how uncomfortable it makes us feel i think only by being honest with yourself can you feel truly liberated. Heres to honest people searching for truth without bias.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
How did a thread about Charles Darwin veer off into discussions about slavery, and how Humans interract with each other on a sociological level?

Human frailties, and horrors inflicted upon others, aren't really the realm of Darwinian adaptation theory and concept.

What I mean is....ONCE Humans developed an intelligence, and individual strategies that altered the Natural methods, then a lot of Darwin'd concepts got thrown out the window.

THIS is an important distinction that is lost upon the "religious" dogmatists.

In any case....ANY observations of a species' changes, over time, are well outside the purview of a Human lifespan, and must therefore be accumulated knowledge....as best observations that span incredible lengths of time always are.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Also in mention of the 'racist white man'. Now, are you just ignoring the fact that slave trading of 'negros' in the Arabic world was bigger than that of the Americas? Actually the worst of them all? There was even slave trade in the Africas itself, between the various areas, millions upon millions of 'negros' were wrongfully slave traded between many countries, from asian, arabic, african, british, european and the americas.

It's not just 'the big bad racist white man', of course they were part of it, but not the ONLY part of it as you potray. The whole world was racist at one point, towards eachother.

Very well said.

Thankyou.

I've heard it a thousand times, everything is blamed on 'the big bad white man' when slavery and racism was going on all over the world, with the Arabic slave trade being the absolute worst of them all.

Thanks for the reply -don't know if you've read this book but I found it to be very interesting:

Christian Slaves, Muslim Masters: White Slavery in the Mediterranean, the Barbary Coast, and Italy, 1500-1800

As Robert C. Davis notes in this eye-opening account of Barbary Coast slavery, American historians have studied every aspect of enslavement of Africans by whites but have largely ignored enslavement of whites by North Africans.
Christian Slaves, Muslim Masters is a carefully researched, clearly written account of what Prof. Davis calls "the other slavery," which flourished during approximately the same period as the trans-Atlantic trade, and which devastated hundreds of European coastal communities.

Prof. Davis, who teaches Italian social history at Ohio State University, casts a piercing light into this fascinating but neglected corner of history.

During the 16th and 17th centuries more slaves were taken south across the Mediterranean than west across the Atlantic. Some were ransomed back to their families, some were put to hard labor in north Africa, and the unluckiest worked themselves to death as galley slaves.

What is most striking about Barbary slaving raids is their scale and reach. Pirates took most of their slaves from ships, but they also organized huge, amphibious assaults that practically depopulated parts of the Italian coast. Italy was the most popular target, partly because Sicily is only 125 miles from Tunis, but also because it did not have strong central rulers who could resist invasion.

Large raiding parties might be essentially unopposed. When pirates sacked Vieste in southern Italy in 1554, for example, they took an astonishing 6,000 captives.
Algerians took 7,000 slaves in the Bay of Naples in 1544, in a raid that drove the price of slaves so low it was said you could "swap a Christian for an onion."
Spain, too, suffered large-scale attacks. After a raid on Granada in 1566 netted 4,000 men, women, and children, it was said to be "raining Christians in Algiers." For every large-scale raid of this kind there would have been dozens of smaller ones.

Link:
books.google.co.uk... gEzrH8bIk&hl=en&ei=GkTLSsHXFcH14AbywJzHAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4#v=onepage&q=&f=false

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think the world is absolute going crazy & insane....let me ask this:

...So it goes against the US religious guys, quite offensive...omg...?...

I wonder if they was trying to promote instead a movie about the life of Christ...could the Skeptic & Scientific US citizens ask for a huge "No please" because the movie was against what they belive also?! Yes they are people also with the same kind of rights!!

Why there are so much "Blinded" people that can't just resume his life, and allow others to do the same with a true free spirit and open mind?

I am a religious guy, but i dont care at all with other diferent belives arround me! Each of us is free to belive what we want, and live our lives as we want, this kind of "religious demands" starts to be quite pathetic.

It looks also like this ones:

-Airports can't have christmas trees or symbols because Jews, muslims or hindus can be offended!!

- Hospitals & schools forced to remove Christian items from the walls because it offend non Chritians...

- Some Elephant pens in a zoo, with a "Ganesh" statue oferted by a visitor started to annoy some other religious guys there....

- Etc...

Each faction just look to it self, and suffocate all the diferent ones...quite pathetic from a so called "modern society"!!!

[edit on 6/10/09 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Of course your proud of you're racist forefathers.
Most people on these forums are.

more racism

And instead of debating or disproving me you admit it and throw childish insults

ironic, from the genius that gave us

"THE WHITE MAN STARTED IT"

This is a conspiracy forum on the internet, I'm allowed to talk about any conspiracy I want.

Yes, and when you make racist statements, people are allowed to call you out on that

But wait... how dare I stand up to the corrupt white racists of the past?
I'm not afraid to dust off you're forefathers dirty covered up racist past and I can spot them all out, I've done my research.

"stand up to corrupt white racists of the past"- another racist statement, why focus on one race only, you are a real example of a MODERN racist, and I will stand up to hatemongers like you- I owe it to my kids, they shouldnt have to live in a world where people demonise them for their white skin- where people like you appear, on the net and on the street, you will be confronted

Imagine all this backlash from people trying to defend Darwin as a great scientist that thinks Negros are Apes and you probably haven't even read his book.

Darwin can be a great thinker and a racist, unfortunate, but that is the human condition, but you run off and think about the white devils

I'm not racist, my best friends are white and share the same frame of mind.

You are racist, your comments here prove it, you stating on an interent forum that you have white friends does not make your previous statements less racist- your friends sound like uncle toms tbh, if I met you Id confront you

I dare you try me. I bet I know more about you're own peoples past than YOU do.

arrogance and racism rolled into one, a lovely combo

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

What are you gonna do, dig up his bones, you anti white clown
I cant understand why anyone would star that post. There's ad hom & then there's insults. You sir have crossed the line. Worse, you did so without even showing any wit.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken DrumI cant understand why anyone would star that post. There's ad hom & then there's insults. You sir have crossed the line. Worse, you did so without even showing any wit.

Spare me, I respond to an anti white racist, and what upsets you is not the racist, but what you perceive to be the quality of the humour in my response, do one I have no interest in debate with the likes of yourself

[edit on 6-10-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

You are out of line, I said I am not a racist.

Me pointing out that Darwin is a racist some how makes me racist?
Speaking out against racism doesn't make someone racist.
There is racism in conspiracy and I am allowed to talk about it, however I haven't directly insulated anyone on the forums because it's not allowed.

Please watch the tone because I love white people, I'm not even racist lol as I said my best friends are white, however if I feel the need to point out Darwins dirty covered up racist past then I will.

Could you imagine if Darwin was black? and said whites are Apes and should be wiped out in the near future?
How quick would everyone on the planet discredit his work?
His book wouldn't even make it to the shelf.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by buds84]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
PBS just had a film on Darwin tonight.
Not the Charlie like we used to see with long hair and beard as
the old elite scientist that all ended up at the end of life like Morrison
of the Doors but as a young man pondering his discoveries.

I recall his finding a barnacle of interest on the Galapagos in a flash
back but most was about family life. Weather he was a child being
with his father or he was doing a bee experiment with his children
I did not figure it out and he whole show was over as I paid little
attention since everything else on TV was wasted but this was educated
wasted.

PBS has to run these educational films from the UK.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

Originally posted by karl 12

Also in mention of the 'racist white man'. Now, are you just ignoring the fact that slave trading of 'negros' in the Arabic world was bigger than that of the Americas? Actually the worst of them all? There was even slave trade in the Africas itself, between the various areas, millions upon millions of 'negros' were wrongfully slave traded between many countries, from asian, arabic, african, british, european and the americas.

It's not just 'the big bad racist white man', of course they were part of it, but not the ONLY part of it as you potray. The whole world was racist at one point, towards eachother.

Very well said.

Buds84 - Can you explain to me why you find the above post so 'racist'?

Can you also explain to me why you've tried to disrail this thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

<< 39  40  41    43  44 >>

join