It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets hit Israel from Lebanon, no casualties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Rockets hit Israel from Lebanon, no casualties

www.reuters.com

Tire, Lebanon (Reuters) - At least two rockets from Lebanon struck northern Israel Friday, prompting Israeli artillery to shell the fruit groves from which they were fired, security officials on both sides of the border said.
No casualties were reported by Israeli police, who said two rockets landed. Lebanese security sources, who reported at least two outgoing missiles and 15 incoming Israeli shells, did not say who might have fired the rockets.

An Israeli military spokesman confirmed that Israel fired about a dozen artillery rounds in response to several rockets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
news.yahoo.com

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I hope this news offers the reader a view of the darkness and provides a background for why it is unwise to grasp tightly to political and social issues in order to develop an opinion. This is a world of reflections and relationships and all is not what it seems.

On the same day that TWO rockets of unknown source came flying into Northern Israel from Lebanon, an Israeli man shot and wounded TWO Palestinians in East Jerusalem.

Without a doubt these two events are connected, but its difficult to unravel their relationship because of all the mirrors and smoke.

Am I to conclude that the Israeli shooter is possibly to Hezbollah (the source of the rockets is unknown, but they the usual suspect) as the Palestinian is to Northern Israel?

Are some Palestinians and Israeli's the same people, differing only in religion, and fighting the same enemy?

Are some Hezbollah and Israeli's the same people, differing only in geographic location, and oppressing the same people?

The lines are all skewed and my head hurts...help!!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-9-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yet another seemingly unrelated story from 11 September 2009 that involved violence to the magnitued of TWO. From Michigan:

Two Killed in Michigan

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Two Taliban suicide bombers attacked an office of intelligence officers in the southern city of Kandahar, killing one agent. In Kabul province, gunfire broke out after an apparent spat between a U.S. service member and an Afghan police officer, seriously wounding both.

Magnitude Two violence in Afghanistan on Friday

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I don't get what your saying? That if 2 people are killed it has a link to other 2 people deaths? Anyway here is a previous thread - Israel Lebanon Thread

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

It seems that there is another thread with this news, so this one will probably die alone in the vastness of cyberspace. But I assure you my thread had a different purpose...through dialogue unravel the mystery of this particulary problematic conflict. To arrive at real answers instead of a never-ending shouting match about how the region's Muslims are victims of a brutal Israeli occupation.

But childlike analysis and responses seems to be far more popular on ATS than understanding the underlying, hidden relationships that are the true drivers of the events we witness in this world.

Truth by brute force...if they believe it then it is true mentality.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IDK88

This is a world of reflections and relationships and all is not what it seems.

Very true statement there.

Lebanese security sources, who reported at least two outgoing missiles and 15 incoming Israeli shells, did not say who might have fired the rockets.

Could it be that these missiles were fired by Israelis? Absolutely but there are only a very few who know for sure and we are not in that very few.

Trends... I believe that to be the answer for the likes of us who have to keep up with this through news media. Look at the trends and analyze what really is happening.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

That is what I almost think must be the case...those rockets were fired by Israeli's. Covert Intelligence or private interests, though? And, If Israeli's are able to set up staging grounds for rockets in Southern Lebanon, an area that is controlled by Hezbollah, why has not Hezbollah outed the group that are doing this...?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Please post in the ongoing discussion:

Original Thread

Closing Duplicate

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics

join