It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on ATS, what happened?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
First of all, I would like to post a small disclaimer regarding this thread. The following is MY personal opinion based upon recent posts and threads here on ATS. I understand if you do not agree with me, as we are all entitled to our own personal beliefs.

However, I am awe struck in the absence of intelligence on these forums lately. Is it me, or is everybody throwing logic and reasoning out the window? I don't want to state any specific examples of this.... But seriously ATS, what is up with everybody jumping to conclusions??? Remember the time when people would intelligently approach topics and questions in a RATIONAL and scientifically based manner. Instead of jumping to rash conclusions based on their own personal emotions at the time.

I am a long time fan of these forums and I read/use them on a regular basis. But reading some of the comments and threads recently has seriously gotten me to question the collective intelligence, or should I say common sense, of the members here. I understand this is a conspiracy theory based website, but how much more powerful would these forums be if members applied logic, reasoning, and evidence supporting their posts?

I'm sick of people jumping to conclusions that our government has a giant scheme to kill all of us, or a small flash of light is obviously and alien craft, etc, etc, and so on...

Put some time, thought and effort into your posts!!!

[edit on 6-9-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

Here, try a Case Review:

Robert F. Kennedy: The Case Reviewed

That should cheer you up. I think you know of me, so hopefully, this makes you restore some faith in ATS.

Also, jkrog08 and ravenshadow13, are just a few more EXCELLENT members who's post are TERRIFIC and filled with reason, logic and source material.

Also, I hear ya. But people like to post with inadequate info, searching for Flags and stars. Apparently, if you have a strange story without any proof your thread is bound success, but the minute you put reason and logic and SOURCES in your post you barely get 5 Flags. Something is amiss here. Star and Flagged by friend

[edit on Sep 6th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Thank you and I do agree completely with you. I am not saying all hope has been lost, as there are still a 'handful' of members that still exercise intelligent thought in their posts. But damn... Now I understand why others have made posts similar to this in the past. Now I get it....

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I agree. I get annoyed but at the same time its cool because I get more opportunities to post and to spread the awareness of an issue that the "emotional posters" were clearly not aware of before.

What seems to be happening is:
1) More common people joining the website, which means that people are at least trying to engage in discussions that ultimately can lead to truth.

2) The general situation of the world is driving people into a state of "frenzy", where it becomes hard to keep down our sentiments and angst.

In either case we can clearly note that things are changing quite fast. That something is happening not only to the community but to each individual.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

My threads about Obama having rabies seems to be doing well.

seriously, good point. Well taken.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I have noticed that as well, mainly in political threads and in any threads that concerns israel/palestine/middle east conflict and or issues.

I have seen normal posters brain turn so slush when it comes to politics, which is frankly, quite sad.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
like my recent thread. frankly im very surpised how quickly i got all those stars and flags. and an applause within an hour or so. i think the pictures helped.

I would like to see a return of dan tanna, and dk threads. but not by hoaxers. i read that these people had information before it was public. and dks warnings are now slightly disturbing.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by MR BOB]

[edit on 6-9-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You are right on target!
I think we have a lot of people that have trouble telling reality from fiction.
Maybe we are seeing the effects of being raised on TV, movies and video games. I actually hear people say things like, after seein the movie Transformers, "well it could happen". WTH??!
People are a superstitious lot, many people here aren't interested in anything other than promoting their own beliefs, beliefs that have been shaped by the media and the internet, spoon fed to them.
The internet , while full of great things, is also full of misinformation, lies and just plain BS!
By the way folks, cruising YouTube is not "research". YouTube, Rense, Jones and the billion other crap sites are not a substitute for a real education! Seems people like drama, sensationalism and paranoia more than they like denying ignorance!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Let me just add that this thread is just not sexy enough! no aliens, communist takeovers, NWO, and most importantly NO END OF CIVILIZATION!
No place for the John conner wanna b's. the can't wait to shoot somebody patriots and all the other irrelevant ideas that seem to dominate ATS now.
I'll give it a bump befor it dies! I AM an optimist!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Excuse me, but I see no problem in all of that of which you are stating.
Its better to see people saying "well, it could happen" than have people saying "you really think that could happen?" and laughing as to repress the creativity in each individuals thought.

You say that a lot of people have trouble telling fiction from reality in a way that makes it seem that you know a lot about reality. And if that is so, I see no point in just bashing the ones that are just ignorant. Its way more productive to simply talk about reality and help out the so-called ignorant.

Everything is BS, but that doesn't tell us anything.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ill S&F because i agree with you.

I am also disappointed with the quality of these forums dropping each day.

"don't underestimate a large group of stupid people"

EDIT TO ADD THIS: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a prime example of the stupidity spreading on ATS...

[edit on 9/6/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

I'm not bashing anybody. I rarely post here because I'm not interested in ruining the fun people have here. If you like to believe in Stargates, aliens, malovenent home PC's, vauge warning of disaster thats OK by me!
What I am doing is commenting on the OP. Read more carefully.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I totaly agree with the OP. In this age of tv and movies fueling the ignorence of most of the people who get involved in this sort of stuff, it really is hard for them to tell the difference between common sense and something their imagination has created. Yes, this is a conspiracy website. But exactly when did that become a reason for people to post inacurate information, half-thruths and lies and blatently exclaime that it's real. For instance, do any of those who post the NASA UFO footage from space understand that there is a such thing as "space garbage" that is both man-made and natural flying around the earth? Yet the proclaim to have video of a fleet of ufos leaving earth just for the shock of it all. Or looking at pictures of a certain terorist attack and stating that they are fake, just because they cannot except the fact that they pictures were taken from a different angle. If someone wants to state their beliefs and points of view, then none of us will ever get in their way, nor attack them for it. Yet, for those proclaiming to have all the facts, all the evidence, when they have nothing and are pissed because everyone calls them on it, they will continue to post worthless stuff just for the shock and awe. Everyone needs to start making it known more that it needs to stop. It's gotten to the point that this site is being talked about on other sites as nothing than a joke and you do not ever mention you are a member. That's pathetic.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The only thing worse than a poor thread is a thread pointing out how poor all of the poor threads are

Anyway, im sure this thread will receive many Stars and Flags

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here ya' go ... Best thread on the boards at the moment.
Similarities between Obama and Bush
Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The one that comes straight to mind concerning this was posted in the 4th post in a thread about a group investigating a 'sky explosion' in Ireland.

H.A.A.R.P. is the usual answer for this event.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The one that comes immediately to mind is the one that the Original Poster most recently participated in about 'A heard form a guy who heard from a guy.' Challenge the credentials and you get nailed for it lol!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
reply to post by OldDragger

Excuse me, but I see no problem in all of that of which you are stating.
Its better to see people saying "well, it could happen" than have people saying "you really think that could happen?" and laughing as to repress the creativity in each individuals thought.

You say that a lot of people have trouble telling fiction from reality in a way that makes it seem that you know a lot about reality. And if that is so, I see no point in just bashing the ones that are just ignorant. Its way more productive to simply talk about reality and help out the so-called ignorant.

Everything is BS, but that doesn't tell us anything.

Have you read some of the idiotic threads started by people? They see something moving on a NASA video and HOLY S!!! it's a fleet of ships!!! To help your reply, there's a difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ingorance is not knowing and stupidity is not knowing by choice. When someone can no longer use common sense (the situations on here are just a small showing of it) it can then become a serious situation in their personal life mentally. One example of this: a couple named their children after Hitler and his people. Literaly the exact names. Where was their common sense? Well, we now know where their children are, in custody as the law found them to not be in control of their faculties. Yes, that is a stretch to go from a ufo video to naming your child Adolf Hitler, but the fact is that in this age where no one seems to be held responsible for not using common sense, it can become a very serious situation when you make acusations wuth no evidence.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

You know, normally I would completely agree... But as of lately so much disinformation has been posted on these forums it shocks me to think some people think that some of this crap is right. A perfect motto, (credit to phage) is what I think many members should think about before posting on these forums.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
-Mark Twain

[edit on 7-9-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Assume nothing.
Question everything.
No detail is too small.
Nothing should be overlooked.
All commentary is based on opinion.

I take nothing too seriously here. I read what I like and try to apply what makes sense to my own reality. If I comment, it is merely my opinion.
Propaganda is par for the course.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join