It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on ATS, what happened?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I do agree as well.. however I want to be clear in the aspect that I am in no way, shape or form intending my argument to scare fellow members from posting on ATS. Without the wealth of collective information on these forums, we would miss out on several opportunities to discuss VALID information. As for new threads and information available through ATS from fellow members I am greatly thankful!!

Just as stated earlier, it does seem at times, people throw logic and common sense out the window. Again, a little insight, thought AND data go a long way!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

Hear Hear!

My sentiments exactly. And it seems particularly bad this year, myself also having perused over the years, prior to joining.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I enjoy ALL the posts mysef, rational or not. lol

Sometimes the craziest comments are the most inspiring to me, or start me thinking in a different direction, and I like that. I'm confident enough in my own grounding to be able to go all shot out for a while and still be able to reason if I need to. lol

But I would love to see a study done on forums like this one.
I'd almost bet that the most intelligent members do eventually leave.

I have chatted in many places for the last 20 years (at least) and I tend to see the most intelligent and minorities be the quickest to jump ship over and over and over again. Of course the highly intelligent ARE a minority.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
As a new comer to this site I would like to throw out my own impression on this site and agree that there is in fact a shocking lack of intelligence on the site. I think this site is a good example of why the general public does not take conspiracy theory seriously.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This site used to covered with the statement "Deny Ignorance".

I don't see that anymore.

Coincidence?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
FOR GOD SAKE......with ALL the evidence that is now "in your face" and you come here asking (those that truely know) expecting us to just roll over. I will never (in what time that is left) understand why individuals (like you) remain so incrediably blind. I suspect when you carcus is herd to a fema camp you'll change you mind all to quickly. I am not painting smiley faces on walls but I know what is here and its is not pretty. It has NOTHING to do with you narrow veiw. Will someone back me up. This is just to incrediable. I have more trouble understanding these kinds of statments than dealing with WHAT IS HERE and by the way happening right in front of your face.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I like the way all who agree with this post have decided you

a) Know enough to decide others posts are 'emotional' not logical
b) That their opinions are wrong and yours are right
c) Make judgements, when what we need is positive reinforcement of others who are also seeking the truth. STOP wasting your time on a post like this and help others understand about the issues, because the issues are there whether you see them or not.
Phew, glad I got that off my (logical) chest!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterPbody

Yes I agree as you and others prove your statements.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I like the way all who agree with this post have decided you

a) Know enough to decide others posts are 'emotional' not logical
b) That their opinions are wrong and yours are right
c) Make judgements, when what we need is positive reinforcement of others who are also seeking the truth. STOP wasting your time on a post like this and help others understand about the issues, because the issues are there whether you see them or not.
Phew, glad I got that off my (logical) chest!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
In my humble opinion ATS is a shadow of what it was six or so years ago in terms of content but then that's what you get when you stive to become the biggest as it has. I know plenty of communities which don't actively advertise because they want to get quality discussion, rather than hits on the site.

I know it costs money to run and everything but I would assume this is now a money making exercise. I don't begrudge people (the founders) getting paid to do something they love, but the quality certainly has gone down.

As a side note over the years the advertising on the site has got worse and worse - it's a bit of a spam fest and ATS is a long way from Web 2.0.

Moaning aside, I still come back here after all these years and I appreciate the work that went into setting it up and the people that put a lot of effort into the posts they make, so thank you.

Edit to add:

What gets me is over-exaggeration of the facts. How many threads do we see about "OMG UFO FLEET OVER WHEREVER!!!1111" and when you look, it's not actually a fleet, it's just some dots in the sky. People tend to exaggerate what they've seen, I don't know why, maybe it's some psychological thing - a cry for attention - who knows, but regardless it's annoying and surely the constant stream of that sort of bilge must wear down even the most steadfast serious reader over time.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Nova]

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Nova]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
S & F'd

lets start perpetuating some damn smarts around here

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 21st century man

I believe I have seen the solution all over this website "deny ignorance" which wasn't upheld by the people who kept flagging the same stupid birther threads for example; in many posts telling others not to overreact but if they don't get in the thread soon enough it's on the front page; and the fact that the 9/11 forum must be under close watch is ridiculous (because of a portion of posters made it so, not because ats is doing something about it),

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
kjkl;jk;j;kljk;lj;j

[edit on 7-9-2009 by iknownothingiswear]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Here's a strategy to help someone understand the sometimes weird and alarming processes that take place here....

All, or most of, the behaviors seen here appear to be textbook examples of cognitive biases and processes. This place is a rich environment for discovering these things occurring in real-time and real-world....free from a clinic or lab.

Or is it?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
You see, in this forum, we have political debaters who are into mysticism and all that crap. ATS is supposed about UFOs and alternative topics as well so don't expect anyone here to write a well researched post.

If you want real debate, go to any political forum, there are people there that are 10x better than the best thinkers here.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaslaugh123
FOR GOD SAKE......with ALL the evidence that is now "in your face" and you come here asking (those that truely know) expecting us to just roll over. I will never (in what time that is left) understand why individuals (like you) remain so incrediably blind. I suspect when you carcus is herd to a fema camp you'll change you mind all to quickly. I am not painting smiley faces on walls but I know what is here and its is not pretty. It has NOTHING to do with you narrow veiw. Will someone back me up. This is just to incrediable. I have more trouble understanding these kinds of statments than dealing with WHAT IS HERE and by the way happening right in front of your face.

Apparently you are one of the several I am talking about... One of the people that only hear what they want to hear. Maybe you should go back and read some of these posts as it may do your fragile and basic little mind some help. I am in NO way, shape or form ignoring relevant and INFORMATIVE posts from members on this site. But (as stated several times before!) when people come on here and blatantly post disinformation or raw OPINION, just as you did... it is a pure waste of time. Especially, when one is just trying to stir up the tides.

Now if you actually have anything of true sustenance to add to this conversation I am all ears. But until then, my friend I thank you for proving my point that it will never change and there are still a handful of 'ignorant' people out there.

A little help for the rest of you that can't read between the lines, the point of this thread, as stated in the last line of my first post... Use your brains here people, stop acting like the mindless zombies that the media has portrayed us to be and put some thought and intellect in your posts! Not to mention the profound effects that putting a little research into your threads/posts would have.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If I dont like a thread or think it's useless I just ignore it. People are allowed to their own opinions, or that's how I see forums like this. I usually search using the search function for better threads on a subject if the thread I am reading is not that informative and I usually find plenty of others to chose from.
I also dont make that many threads and if I do they arent that big because if I dont have anything real to contribute I dont post.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 21st century man

Welcome to the boards, and normally I would agree. But for every member that has the time to read this and put a little more intelligent thought into their posts, my job has been done. I am tired of myself and other members on here having to spoon feed 95% of ATS about what is truth or fiction, because they are too lazy to do any pertinent research themselves.

Intelligence is how one measures true wealth... A quality that I feel needs to be exercised much more in today's current day and age.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

And sometimes, I wonder, do I really belong here? With these people?

Am I becoming another customer of Alex Jones or Libertarianism?

Do I want to be labeled as a nut who believes in mysticism and UFOs?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Here I post some may toast.

But others may deign to disincline and whine.

For it's in all we hope to get the straight dope.

*The above took me about 5 minutes to think up.

Happy?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join