It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thirteen Goals of a Witch

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

Um, you are starting the fight by calling those who don't share your beliefs Satanists. You are welcome to think that but don't think it isn't going to bring about an extreme response. Rather like what certain atheists like to do to you and your response. Expect it's now vice versa.

That's not what I said. Go back and read it again.

Um dualism encompasses the ideas of good AND evil. How does that translate into "dualism is evil"?????

It involves the use good to create something that is not good.

That comment is ignorance not denied.

??

Yet you call your god "He".

Show me where

Worship and respect are two vastly different things. I am called to respect those things you mentioned not worship. You distort things for your own purposes.

You're angry because I didn't use the word "Christian" as an insult.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

I'm sure you know what a Rhodes scholar is, don't you?

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well said in #14.

Prove to yourself you can work magick. It really doesn't matter what others think.

None of you.

Your lives will continue as will mine. There's a 99.999999% chance I'll never meet any of you face to face and it almost makes me laugh out loud to see you all on here expecting those of us who follow the craft to actually care what you think.

You follow your religion, we'll follow ours. Simple as that. GODS you all are almost as bad as racists.....

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by va1963

When you get older, you will realize the purpose for putting your faith in things that can't be objectively rationalized.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Great, so you could probably point to a verse for each one of those "goals" from memory.

Thanks for the personal attack. Classic.

More generalities! When will the glitter stop??

I'm reacting to your rather trite attempt to insult and ridicule the intelligence of the other people who may be reading thread.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Last in first out for sheer funniness factor.

You're angry because I didn't use the word "Christian" as an insult.

Um. You missed the part where I defended Christians earlier in the thread didn't you?

That's not what I said. Go back and read it again.

With this as a response to talking about Wiccan beliefs.

That is dualism, which is Satanic.

By diving your creator into masculine and feminine energy you are engaging in nature worship. Masculine and feminine components serve no function outside of sexual reproduction.

It involves the use good to create something that is not good.

Main Entry: du·al·ism
Pronunciation: \ˈdü-ə-ˌli-zəm also ˈdyü-\
Function: noun
Date: 1794
1 : a theory that considers reality to consist of two irreducible elements or modes
2 : the quality or state of being dual or of having a dual nature
3 a : a doctrine that the universe is under the dominion of two opposing principles one of which is good and the other evil b : a view of human beings as constituted of two irreducible elements (as matter and spirit)

SOURCE:www.merriam-webster.com...

??

That comment was ignorance NOT denied.

Show me where

You are a Christian. Paid much attention to your holy book?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Wait, wait, wait... Let me get this right... You boldly state something like this:

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
I'm shocked that you haven't realize that, basically, witches ARE hags, people living in the woods and Luciferians. If you truly believe that going sky-clad is a way of being more connected to "nature," then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

This is not "good old advice." This is a list of glittering generalities which does not help anyone achieve anything. I'm sure you could find a verse from the Bible, the Torah, and the Qur'an for each and every one of those "goals." The difference between Wicca and the "mainstream religions" is that mainstream religions don't teach you to worship a tree, or a pile of dirt, or a pool of scum water.

Notice how Wicca changes itself to fit with pop culture. With the feminist movement there's more emphasis on the "Goddess," while people don't realize that the "Goddess" and nature worship really represent the NWO.

and then have the nerve to accuse anyone else of being insulting??? Besides talking out of your bum, it is also deeply insulting and ridicules those whom this thread was created for. If your are grossly insulting and disrespectful, you should expect to be insulted and disrespected. To call foul afterword is disingenuous at best! Should we call you a Whaaaaaambulance?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight Interesting list but what surprises me is the low level for eating right and exercise correctly. The physical side of the body has to be nourished as much as the mental body - they go hand in hand. A fit person on a healthy diet makes many better/wise decisions than a drunk.
"All things in moderation," as they say. Including moderation, I say. Got to let it all hang out periodically.
Being overly concerned with health is as bad for the mind as being overly concerned with excess is for the body.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by borrowedname

If you are looking for a few ideas about life, here are few that might be worth looking at.

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

9. Do not harm little children.

10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

----------------------------------------------------
I believe this list is from The Satanic Bible by Anton LeVey? Interesting book.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

[[[[[[[[[[Hugs to you!!]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Looking forward to it!

I just visited the thread! Hope it takes off!

[edit on 4-9-2009 by missvicky]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
A good read for anyone of any path: The Secret Life of Plants if you can find it! It was written in the 70's and is just astounding! The last part of the book actually covers metals a well. Great read especially for those who regard crystal energy, or talking to plants, and the like as adult faerie tales.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

You realize you have to be Christian to be Satanic don't you?
Can't believe in one without believing in the other.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Witchtcraft gets a bad rep because of men, believe it or not. Witchcraft, being a pre-dominantly female past-time, stirred feelings of jealousy and animosity in the majority of men, hence the travesty known as the inquisition. The few men who were supportive of witchcraft were also burned in the fires, but really, it was the ultimate battle of the sexes. (I'm male, btw.)

The few women who used witchcraft for evil (or claimed to) came AFTER the original witches, who were self-empowering women in touch with their intuition, struggling to get by in a man's world. I guess it's kinda like Ally McBeal.

Many female non-witches were killed off too, simply because they posed as an obstacle in some way or another. At the end of the day, it didn't matter to the men whether a potentially threatening woman was a witch or not, so long as she was killed.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by VergeofObscene

Now that you've mentioned it I do recall reading that theory before. It makes sense to me. After all, the sustaining energy is feminine. Male energy is the spark, the impetus for creating life. Feminine energy is the sustaining, nurturing, substantial energy found in all existence. The male energy sparks to life then dies out, only to be reignited once again. I can see why this would disturb the male population, seeing themselves unnecessary to the bringing forth of life, before it was commonly known that men provide the fertiliztion to the egg. Intimidated men often strike out in violence. Especially when their ego's are threatened. Its not purposeful either, its natural.

It is an interesting theory. I've been reading the Women's Encyclopedia of Myths and Secrets, I believe I recall many instances referred to in it.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You might be interested in watching the movie "The Crucible". Very powerful drama about the Salem witch trials.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VergeofObscene

Well, I largely disagree with the Dianic viewpoint. Seems largely to me that it is nothing more than going from one dangerous inaccurate extreme *masculinecentric* to another *feminicentric*. And isn't striking a balance desirable?

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Jim Scott

pagans can't have churches because of christians. If a pagan built a temple today it would be burned down by Friday. Thanks to all the stereotyping.
And, we don't exactly go out knocking on doors and harrassing people. It is believed that you have to come find it, it doesn't come find you.
And monotheistic religions have been so ingrained in people's minds that they just don't know how to pursue another course.

Yes, you are probably right about the intolerance. Usually it's found among the young Christian men. I was outside a new Mormon temple before it was closed to the public, and people were visiting it. I was with a group passing out anti-Mormon literature. The young Mormon men were quite violent with us, taking our literature and ripping it up, and cursing us. It is universal, even against Christians. Intolerance is a problem blocking the communication of ideas. Most Christians do not go door knocking. Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons are not, categorically, Christians because they believe in a God not found in the Christian Bible. They would be considered pagan. The Bible teaches one God, so Christians will believe in one God because they trust the Bible. It is well proven.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

That is one way of twisting.

But in reality, you can't be pure to others till you can be pure yourself. It follows along the lines of: clean your own house first.
I would trust a pagan over anyone else any day, because they have cleaned their own house first.
You can follow all those rules you set, and still have a mean deceitful person on the inside who are merely following a list of conduct, instead of actually living it.
You can't show someone else peace, if you can't be peaceful yourself.
You can't love someone else, unless you love yourself.
You can't teach someone else, unless you have taught yourself.
This is just one list. Many sects have their own beliefs and rules. Usually teh biggest one is that you take care of the Earth.
Because the God/Gods/Goddesses gave us a home, and it is disrespectful to trash it.

I believe it is a common misconception that you must be something before you can help someone else. There are a lot of pastors in Christianity that preach one thing and do another, yet their preaching is helping others because the others do not realize at the time the preacher is doing that. For example, Jimmie Swaggart, Jimmy Baker, and Haggert.

Taking care of the Earth was the task given to Adam and Eve, also. They were to "dress it and keep it."

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

You can never have the pagan thread without the Christians frantically throwing a bible at you. We all know about the bible, I used to be a very devout methodist. you know how many coven leaders used to be priests?

I believe the disillusionment is caused by bad teaching or bad examples from Christians. It is not because Christianity or the Bible are wrong, it is because people are wrong. People in Wicca can do the same to you.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KarlG

Originally posted by Jim Scott
Where are they? Where is the local Wiccan church on my street? There are 40 Christian churches in a square mile around me, but there is not one Wiccan church. Do they hide? Are they ashamed of what they do? If their works were good, wouldn't they be coming to the light?

I rest my case.

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Jim Scott]

Well, considering YOU were the one who said Wicca is a "selfish" religion, I'm surprised you don't understand why Wiccans don't have churches. Considering that you actually DID hit the nail on the head, albeit a bit too bluntly...

I wouldn't use the word "selfish", i would use the word "solitary".

Wiccans dont have churches. Witches dont have churches. This is not Islam, where mosques are needed, or Buddhism, with temples. Wiccan churches are AT HOME (read so many of the posts detailing what I do above) in the safety of one's own house, with one's PRIVATE, personal space. There is absolutely NO need for witches to come right out and build churches (40 or more) in a square mile radius around us. That, in fact, goes against many of the preferences of Wiccans.

"HEY LOOK, LOOK AT US, COME VISIT US!"

Nope, no thank you, not our style.

You didn't rest your case, because your case... isn't there!

The NATURE of this religion is such that we don't go for GRANDEUR! SIZE! SCALE! No Vatican strongholds, no large-scale church fundraisers... we don't need funds and we don't need large buildings to affirm our love for the natural way and our surroundings.

MISCONCEPTION!

[edit on 2-9-2009 by KarlG]

Ironically, Christianity is not supposed to have big churches, either. In fact, the so-called founder of the Catholic church spoke against it in the Bible. "Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; 3 Not as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock." I Peter 5:2-3. We don't need large buildings either. In point of fact, many believers are hidden, called "reserves" in the Bible. In the days of Elijah, when he thought he was the last living believer, God said he had thousands of believers in reserve.

def. of selfish (Random House College Dictionary): devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned only with one's own interests. I believe this accurately describes the orientation of the wiccan as previously noted by the wiccan believer you cited.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join