It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti Gun N. C. State State Senator Shoots A Home Invader

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Anti Gun N. C. State State Senator Shoots A Home Invader

secondamendmentfreedom.blogspot.com

North Carolina State Senator R.C. Soles, 74, the longest-serving lawmaker in the General Assembly, shot an intruder as he tried to break into his home Sunday. He shot 22-year-old Thomas Kyle Blackburn in the leg as Blackburn and another man allegedly tried to break down his door. They apparently were both legal clients of the senator.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+20 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The Senator, who has made a career of being against guns for you and me, didn't hesitate to defend himself with his own gun when he believed he was in immediate danger, and was the victim of a crime against himself.

I'm so sick of the 'do as I say, not as I do' attitude expressed by so many elected officials. These people try to impose a set of standards for themselves, and set of standards for the rest of us, as though they were the nanny and we, the unruly children. The hypocrisy is infuriating.

TA

secondamendmentfreedom.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Oh my, what a joke.. I didn't need this story to tell me that most higher ups don't practice what they preach, but it's still a good example.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I wonder how this experience will change this man's mind on the issue. Sometimes it's just a matter of walking in certain shoes to temper ones opinions.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Check his current health??
This could very well be his last hoo rahhh
His way of trying to get something done?
Just a thought.......believe it or not I have thoughts as often as 5 times a day now.......
He is 75 years of age if I'm not mistaken.
PS I spell bad ty for edit

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Star and flag!

I'm ROTF. Really it doesn't get any better than this. I hope this is picked up by every news network everywhere.

What a loser

[edit on 24-8-2009 by Sundancer]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It's not the first time a anti-gun Democrat has done this............

From 2007

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A state lawmaker who opposed a bill giving Texans stronger right to defend themselves with deadly force pulled a gun and shot a man he says was trying to steal copper wiring from a construction site, police said Monday....

Miles, a Democrat, voted against a bill that gives Texans stronger legal right to defend themselves with deadly force in their homes, vehicles, and workplaces. The so-called "castle doctrine," passed by the Legislature this year, states that a person has no duty to retreat from an intruder before using deadly force. The law goes into effect Sept. 1.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Interesting story but not really a "I told you so" situation.

Though I am not familiar with this man's record, I would consider myself a proponent of gun restriction legislation (criminal background check, training to carry, etc.).

But I am not "anti-gun" by any means as I am in the process of investigating a gun purchase here in DC where it only recently became legal.

So a person can easily believe in the right to own firearms but also believe that some common sense protections should go along with it.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It makes you wonder how corrupt is your average Congressman.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I wonder how this experience will change this man's mind on the issue.

I'm willing to wager he's reconsidered his stance on the issue a bit. Whether the recent insight will change is mind completely, only time will tell.

reply to post by Sundancer

Now that I've taken a few minutes to calm down, it is pretty freakin' hilarious. I hope some of the major networks pick this one up too.

Thank you all for the replies, insight, stars and flags.

TA

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I wonder how this experience will change this man's mind on the issue. Sometimes it's just a matter of walking in certain shoes to temper ones opinions.

I agree with you to an extent. But we are also dealing with a Senator here.
We know he is a fascist.
Just like others have commented, he is all about "do as I say and not as I do."
All of them are.

Hopefully though, if this story gets enough attention he will be FORCED to reconsider, lest he be made a political fool.

Good find, OP.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

So a person can easily believe in the right to own firearms but also believe that some common sense protections should go along with it.

Fair enough, and though I often disagree with what you say, SD, I'll defend to the death your right to say it (to paraphrase some famous person or another).

A bit off topic, but the Smith And Wesson .38 Special snub nose, and the Glock .40 are excellent choices if you're in the market for a handgun.

TA

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

HA!!!
Your story is even bigger than the thread-piece!

That is HILARIOUS!

That Senator should be hung for treason.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I wonder how this experience will change this man's mind on the issue.

It will change his mind to. "I can have a gun to defend myself and you sheep can't."

This is not new. They exempt themselves from the laws they write for 'you'.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well he can repent, but he can't take back his vote, can he?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
this is not new to the anti gun lawmakers
Senator Diane Feinstein of calif a strong anti gun senator owns gun for her own protection.

When asked earlier why she carried that .38 Smith & Wesson concealed in her purse while promoting gun control for the rest of us, Feinstein answered, “I know the urge to arm yourself because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. I’d walk to the hospital when my husband was sick. I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out, I was going to take them with me.”

Only a couple of months earlier, however, Feinstein has gone on 60 Minutes to announce, “If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an out-right ban…I would have done it.”
www.alphadogweb.com...

Feinstein is a strong proponent of gun control, yet is known to have carried concealed handguns herself with a normally nearly impossible to obtain California carry permit - few people, other than politicians and celebrities, are able to obtain California CCW permits. At one time, she was the only person in San Francisco to possess a concealed carry permit.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Feinstein is something else. I can't stand the woman.
I don't understand how evil scum like these continue to be reelected.

Actually I do.
People are stupid.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Great example of the double standard these people want us all to live by. Seems the best thing we can do is call them on their hypocrisy, and hope it gets enough attention so they can be voted out of office.

TA

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
His vote will have to change but the push to stop the ordinary citizen from owning a gun will still be pushed with or without this excellent example.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Unfortunately, you're right. They're not going to give up the effort to disarm us. On the other hand, every Pro-Second Amendment vote helps. Either way, I hope this guy learned something from this experience.

TA

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join