It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask A Schizophrenic Anything

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nocensorshipplease

I could easily tell you to get on meds as well, considering most people in the world would throw you in an asylum for simply being a poster on this website.

Do not hope for anything for anyone, because you may never realize how strong your hopes are.

It isn't your place to thrust your reality on mine. I wouldn't do it to you.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CleverNameHere

I hate editing my own posts, as it frustrates me when I miss something in someones post before they edit it. There's something that bugs me about knowing that I will never truly know what someone edited out of their post.

I didn't mean don't hope for ANYTHING for anyone, but keep an open mind. Say "If I were in your shoes, I would take the medication, and this is why."

Words are very powerful. Be careful with how you use them.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
1) Does your avatar picture of eyes bother you?

2) What is your take on America's government?

3) What do you think of Obama?

4) What political ideology do you most agree with?

5) Do you think America needs fixed?

6) What is your take on health care reform?

7) What do you think is the greatest human fault?

8) What do you think could improve the world?

9) What do you think about global warming?

10) What do you think about recycling and being 'green'?

11) When do you think the human race will end?

12) How do you think the human race will end?

13) What was your oddest dream?

14) What was your favourite dream?

15) What was your worst nightmare?

16) Do you believe in reincarnation?

17) Are you religous or spiritual?

18) Do you believe in any god(s)? If so which one?

19) Do you believe in aliens and ufos?

20) Do you believe in the paranormal?

21) What do you think about racism?

22) If your house was scheduled to blow up in 10 minutes and there was no way to fix the timer, what 10 objects would you take with you?

23) What is your favourite colour?

24) What is your opinion on obesity?

25) Do you think there is any hope for the human race?

26) Have you met any other schizophrenics besides yourself?

27) What do you think about the string theory?

29) Do you think teleportation and/or time travel is possible? If so, why?

30) What do you think about Atlantis?

31) Do you think Antarctica could be Atlantis?

32) Do you think there could be prehistoric human remains in Antarctica's ice?

34) Have you ever read hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy?

35) What is your favourite philosopher, and why?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Funny game you've got.

By the way, a psychotic person doesn't know of their mental health issue.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Brainiac

I'm not having a psychotic episode right now.

Please, at least google "schizophrenia" before trying to debunk it that easily.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

You may not be having one now but i think another member of ATS may be having a schizophrenic episode, and I'm very concerned about him.

Could you go to the thread Internos and Co and read the OP.
He is talking very bizarre and does not normally speak like this.

Please have a read and tell me what you think.

Thank You

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

1. No, it doesn't. It's a symbol for my balance of both of my worlds: In each world, one eye is Open, the other Shut.

2. America's government needs to remember that it works for us, not the other way around. Without the people, the government would be nothing. That is the only reason it's taken them this long to begin their schemes.

3. I believe Obama has good ideas, he just had no idea what he was getting himself into when running for president.

4. Libertarian.

5. The government simply needs to be shown the limits of what it can do, again. It's happened before, it'll happen again.

6. I don't care about the health care #. It's just another topic meant to keep us talking and thinking instead of acting.

7. We THINK that we think we know more than we think, but we really do know more than we let ourselves think we do. All it takes is a bit of self-research.

8. Less ignorance. People are too scared to find the Truth. They don't realize that if we do it together, it isn't as scary. The only scary part is being alone. If you have even one person with you, it makes all the difference.

9. Global warming isn't something humans have caused. It happens all the time, we're just an arrogant enough species to think we're important enough to end a planet's life. It'll cool off again, then heat, then cool, then heat, 'til the world is no more.

10. Recycling and being "green" is just another tool people use to feel better about themselves. It also teaches people about taking care of the earth. I look at it like the Earth is a baby: the baby would never know if you told it you "hate" it instead of "love" it. Just because it wouldn't understand while it's an infant doesn't mean you should do it. It's etiquette. Going "green" is good Earthly etiquette.

11. I believe the human race will destroy itself. We create our own realities; if enough people believe the world will end, it will end. I don't know when.

12. See above.

13. My oddest dream, haha. I had a dream that I was abducted by aliens, and they showed me a lot of "secrets," and then erased my mind and put me back in my bed. However, their "mind-eraser" didn't work on me, so I remembered everything. I even remembered the dream.

14. My favorite dream is from when I was around 16 or 17, and I had my first lucid dream. I was able to control everything, even better than I can now. It was amazing.

15. My worst nightmare: I woke up in my old house where I grew up as a kid, and walked to my front door. I opened it, and had this strange urge to walk to the end of my driveway. On the right, there were trees/woods. I could feel something in there, so I stayed as far to the left as I could.

When I reached the end of my driveway, the streetlight at the end of my road(turning right from my driveway) went out and then came back on. I then got the urge to walk to the light.

As I walked down the road(about 75 yard walk), I could hear something walking along at the same pace, but hidden by the trees/brush. I could also smell rotting flesh, and a heavy blood odor.

When I reached the streetlight, I felt safe, so I looked into the woods more clearly. A strange creature, almost a mix between a pig, a wolf, and a bear, walked to the edge of the darkness. I could see that it's eyes were yellow, and it was sweating, but had no fur/hair.

We looked at each other for a while, and then it turned and walked back into the darkness.

Creepy dream.

16. Reincarnation: Ahhh, to an extent. I'd rather not get into it, I could go on all night, and I'm going to bed soon. Sorry.

17. Spiritual.

18. I believe in a god that I created. If "infinity" is a true concept, then any "god" I create is real in some way, shape or form. I keep him to myself, as I've created him using the wisdom I've gained from my personal experiences, and no one else would identify with him as well as I can.

19. UFOs are Unidentified Flying Objects. If you see something fly right in front of your face, and it's a bug, but you don't know what it is: it's an UFO.

20. I can't NOT believe in the paranormal. I just don't know if it's real or not for other people.

21. I'm racist. I apologize if that hurts anyone's feelings. I don't start trouble, though; I just keep to myself when around other ethnic groups.

22. 10 objects? Animals and people would follow me, right?

- Laptop/charger/mouse
- .223 rifle
- ammo's in a big wooden dynamite crate, so that's 1 object
- money
- cellphone charger
- a pillowcase full of books
- a pillowcase full of clothes
- treasure box that my grandmother gave to me before she died
- a f***ing beer

23. Red.

24. It's not that hard to get in shape, even if you're really big. You just have to motivate yourself to do something.

25. There is no hope for the human race as a physical entity. Spiritually, our souls will continue on after we shed our physical bodies.

26. My uncle is the only living relative I have left in this state that has schizophrenia. My brother has bipolar.

27. I agree with string theory, but honestly I haven't researched it much. I may not know enough.

28. You skipped 28.

29. I'd rather not get into it.

30. It was a great movie. (lol) I don't think much on Atlantis. It's possible, that's really all that matters. It's not like finding it is going to answer any questions; it'll just raise more.

31. I've never even heard of that 'til now. Maybe?

32. I don't see how it's not possible, but I don't know.

33. Skipped another number.

34. No, but I watched the movie. I should've read the book first; I have no motivation to now. The movie was terrible.

35. I am my favorite philosopher, because I'm the only one that I'm 100% sure has ever existed.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Thank you for replying to my request

He is a very bright man and has contributed some awsome info to ATS.

As I look back I could see some small signs that things were not quite on par with him.

I have a Son who started having problems with reality, so to speak, at about 17.
When he moved out on his own things got worse for him but I was not aware of how much trouble he was actually having untill he moved back home fore a while.

It has been very hard for him but now he has gotten some help and does take medication that works well for him. He also has a great Wife that sticks by him no matter what. She gives him the same as the rest of the family does, Unconditional Love

Besides "We're all Bozos on this Bus"

[edit on 27-8-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
wow dude, that takes some cohones. you're awsome for doing this and having this objective capacity. do you think that you may of had some kind of trouble taking on an overwhelming amount of stress to cause this? i would love to be able to converse with someone like yourself because ive had my own issues and believe that it can be fixed. for start if music helps, learn to play a guitar. teach yourself if you have to.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I have to say, I'm really glad you opened this thread up!

I only have a minor in Psychology, but I really enjoy studying it. Reading through this thread has really opened my eyes a bit to what living with the effects of Schizophrenia is like.

I do have a few questions for you. (feel free not to answer, as some are quite personal!!)

1. Have you ever been involved in any kind of occult involvement, ouija board use, excessive alcohol usage, or heavy drug usage? (Basically anything that would involve you 'loosing control' of your body/senses/faculties)

2. When did symptoms of it begin? Any special/noteworthy events surrounding it?

3. Does it feel like you're aware of things that most people aren't? (Such as the presence of other beings/conciousnesses etc.)

THANKS!

* edit for spelling

[edit on 27-8-2009 by blackbirdish]

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Have you ever read the book "Operators and Things"?

www.amazon.com...

I recommend it for anyone interested in this subject.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Infinite Paradox

No, but I have read ""Noonday Demon" which is a great book on depression.

Sorry, a bit off topic, but I thought it related.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fixit

I taught myself a little guitar, and some saxophone, but I didn't stick with it.

It runs in my family, and past drug use was involved, so I doubt it was only stress.

I suppose it's possible, though.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blackbirdish

In my mid-to-late teens, I used to drink a lot(fifth per night, sometimes more), and I experimented with cannabis, various different pills, and hallucinogens. I have no doubt in my mind that it helped my schizophrenia come a little faster. I'm not going to say which hallucinogens, because they're easy to find, and I don't want some ignorant kid reading this and thinking he'll be able to access other world by ODing.

Smaller symptoms started up around 14/15, but I knew there was a problem December 2008. I've actually got another evaluation schedules for September 8th of this year, to see how I'm doing. I'm still in the early stages of schizophrenia, so they've been keeping an eye on me to make sure I don't flip.

Yes, it feels like I'm aware of things others aren't. The only problem is that I don't know if I'm seeing something that is real, or imaginary.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Infinite Paradox

No, I haven't. Is it purely on schizophrenia, or the many different disorders?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
You said anything.

Why do you think we're here?

What's the meaning of life?

The question's to both of you

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Do you like your alter-ego?

And does he/she like you?

What made you decide to post this thread??

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
By the way, a psychotic person doesn't know of their mental health issue.

I'd challenge that statement.

My background within Mental Health can be found IN THIS REPLY

As someone who has worked within the Mental Health sector for 14 years, who assesses, to provides provisional diagnoses, who is able to prescribe relevant psychiatric medications and who also is sanctioned to action Hospital Committals...I'd challenge the statement that "a psychotic person doesn't know of their mental health issue".

In my 14 years...and of the hundreds upon hundreds, likely even thousands, of people experiencing Mental Illness that I've worked with and had interactions with...many many of whom experienced some form of Schizophrenia/Psychosis disorder...I'd honestly say I haven't met a single one - not one - that didn't have some foothold within *reality*. No matter how tenuous that foothold may occasionally be at the time.

Not one.

Every single one had some levels of awareness of their experience.
Oh absolutely those levels may wax and wane depending upon the floridity of the psychosis they were experiencing. But awareness still remained.

Sometimes that awareness wasn't presented in ways overly logical or apparent. The discourse and descriptions the experiencer may give to their experience may seem somewhat illogical...but within the language they chose to describe their experience they STILL displayed awareness of it.

They may have said something like "The mind-control is greater now" "THEY are taking control" "The CIA is chasing me now" etc etc.
While the content of their descriptions may well have been delusional and/or highly paranoid and fuelled in many ways by the pervasiveness of the psychotic episode/experience...what they are doing, under the surface and 'between the lines' of what they are saying is actually telling you they are aware they aren't quite right.

Many many people whom I have worked with - and currently work with - who experience Psychosis don't require an *interpreting* of their dialogue with you...they will outright say quite openly and clearly that they are experiencing a psychotic episode.

Psychosis is something that sometimes gets misconstrued as being a case of having no awareness, no understanding, no ability to logical form judgement of self/environment/experience.

Thats not the case however - at least not the case as I've seen it for 14 years anyway.

I'm not saying there aren't those who are so 'off the planet', so deeply embedded within the psychosis, that they possess no such ability or awareness...its just I haven't met a single one yet.

Like anything with Mental Health its not all one way or the other. Not all ON or OFF. Its a spread, a continium...levels of wellness mixed with unwellness.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hey Clever - I think this a very noble thing for you to do (starting this thread). Thanks!

I've always thought that it is a possibility that these voices you hear are just you (or any schitzophrenic) involuntarily tapping into another realm or dimension or spiritual world. Perhaps the pineal gland is picking up channels that a "normal person" can't?

I mean, there are good voices and bad voices, and they seen to have minds of their own... Perhaps they really are entities or something. That would be incredible. Probably not true, but who knows?

What do you have to say about that?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Stanton Dowd

I think you might be referring to Multiple Personality Disorder.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join