It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you could ask god/universe one question...just one...what would it be?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Oh, that is simple. Standing in the presence of such a being would cost you so many words and thoughts. You would be literally be dumbfounded in all of your senses.

You have to ask a simple yet meaningful question:

"Why am I?"

In my thought, I would assume that this simple question could provide most sentient individuals with an amazing amount of answers.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I would ask: Why do you allow such horrible suffering. Why does one have to feel pain in the heart and soul?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Can I ask 5 more questions? It's so simple, you just ask for another 5 questions on your last question every time until you get bored and ask,"Can I go home?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
Can I ask 5 more questions? It's so simple, you just ask for another 5 questions on your last question every time until you get bored and ask,"Can I go home?

The problem could be if you are asking God "Can I go home? God just might

determine what home is and just maybe you would not like the home God sent

you to or let you go back to.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Reply to post by amari

Home is where your heart is.

As long as one is content in the place of their heart, no big deal.

"there's no place like home*click* there's no place like home*click* there's no place like home *click*...."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
I would ask why.

Because i want to know.

Dang it!!! You stole my thunder!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a new thought just occured, which this person made me think;

Originally posted by badmedia
Who am I?

I say that because that was the first thing that was made known to me in that situation, although I didn't ask the question.

However, I was instead asked a single question by that:

Do you want it to end?

Honestly, when you gain true understanding your question and others like it are pretty much answered by default. If you know who/what you are, then the question you ask is answered.

[edit on 8/21/2009 by badmedia]

i think my NEW QUESTION now thinking about it would be...

"WHY WAS I CHOSEN TO ASK THIS QUESTION?"

i think that itself would literally answer more questions that you would be answered. I think the genie in the bottle was a good story. But no one thought to tell Aladdin..."GENIE WHY DID I FIND THIS LAMP?? WHY ME?"

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Petchy29
I don't mind pain, I don't fear death or the afterlife. I don't want to know life's mysteries, why spoil the fun? I know who I am and I know, for the most part, why we suffer. The only thing i can think of is pretty dull and simple but I've always wanted to know:

"Am I going to be ok?"
I can face anything as long as I know things will turn out alright and my life will have some purpose or meaning. I don't expect only good times, but I need to know there won't be only bad. Just a reminder for when things get tough. Plus if anyone ever asked me why I was so sure, it'd be cool to say, "God told me so!"

thats actually an amazingly great point. If we knew what the next 907809345098340584058 eon's would be...than that 907809345098340584058 eon's would be pretty boring. I dont think you would learn very much.
hmm good point, maybe were asking the wrong present questions, that are going to potentially ruin the future ones.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
On a scale of 1-10, 1 being we failed as a species and 10 we got it right. What number are we and why?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by guardstarr
On a scale of 1-10, 1 being we failed as a species and 10 we got it right. What number are we and why?

great one!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Is the most prevalent or plainly dominant human comfort level with secrecy-BASED government(s), including among many of those who merely CLAIM to be something along the line of "progressive" or into "alternative" discussion, its main impediment to REAL progress and change, and if so, how can it be overcome? Sorry if that counts as 2 questions. G'night.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
'If you're so All-fired-mighty and as good as your PR department says you are, how come there's all this wickedness and suffering and misery? And don't give me that eyewash about snakes and apples, we're not idiots down here, you know.'

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Will mankind ever know true Peace and Equality?

Will we ever learn to give our children the world that they deserve?

Will family ever know that its the most important part of there lives?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
'Will you SHOW me?'

..then soak it all in. It's God. We wouldn't have to get real specific.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
'If you're so All-fired-mighty and as good as your PR department says you are, how come there's all this wickedness and suffering and misery? And don't give me that eyewash about snakes and apples, we're not idiots down here, you know.'

If you think genesis is talking about snakes and apples, then you surely do not understand what it is saying.

How are you able to understand the different between hot and cold? You can't unless you experience both.

If the wind never blew, you'd probably not even know it existed.

It's all about gaining understanding.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I would ask it to give me my own galaxy to reside over in a godly fashion.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
i would ask;
"how did everything come into existence?" everything as in EVERYTHING in the universe and outside the universe, god and whatever created him and whatever created that to infinity

or maybe i would ask
"how do i get all the power and knowledge like you?"

and also
one time when i was on drugs;
i had a vision of god;
like i was just sitting in a hotel room talking to this girl and all of the sudden it looked like black liquid just dripped down my eyes and covered my vision (the drugs never did that to me before my entire life)
and then god appeared;
and he showed me this molecue or atom or something, and it was so perfect that it realized itself and became self-aware (kind of like a computer becoming self aware in those sci fi movies);
then he showed me the universe from the outside;
it looked like a gigantic golden ball of energy and it was eating itself and growing at the same time (like an Ouroboros or a Snake eating its own tail and at the same time growing, creating an unending cycle)
i remember asking "what is the meaning of life"
and he said "the meaning of life is to be perfect; everyone tries to be perfect"
this mustve lasted for like 2 or 3 hours;
when i came back into the hotel room and asked the girl that was with me what happened;
she said i was walking around the room just talking to myself"
but it seemed sooooo real.....

[edit on 22-8-2009 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
To god- Why is life unfair? Those who are good seem to be punished and those who are bad seem to be rewarded.

To the universe- Why are we able to stay together when we are 99.99999% nothing?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

To Higher-Dimensional-Being: Can you tell me something I don't know? Or please tell me something that won't have me going around in circles, speculating, or finding out that you've said something that I can trace back to some other theory somebody already said/wrote down?

To God: Why didn't you provide better proof for your existence?

To Universe: Do you sexually reproduce to make more universes? And if so, do you ever get it on for pleasure?

Or I'd ask, "is there's a point to all this?"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join