It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

District 9 New Peter Jackson UFO Film!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
District 9 is a film directed by Peter Jackson which tells a story of an alien space ship which is stationary above Johanasberg.

The aliens that are found abord the space ship are then put into concentration style camps on earth where they live within the human populace for over 20 years.

The story of the movie is based primarliy around an everyday man whos father in law (a wealthy and well connected member of MNU) helps him elevate up the carrer ladder and take on the task of serving eviction notices to the aliens after a disgruntaled humanity starts showing its frustrations.

The movie is shot in the style of a documentary and intelligently directed by Jackson who uses a fraction of a hollywood budget to pull of quite a cinamatic feat.

This is most definatly the must see movie of 2009!!

This movie is BIGG!!

It even has its own dedicated web site that draws you into a world immersed with captivating ideas and quirks to keep you interested for hours.

I think this movie will be talked about for many years to come as it is so significant to the modern day ufo conspiracies that are floating about more and more frequently!

In the movie there are many intersting things to note namely the number 666 which appears on the MNU's Tv advert within the movie. It is part of a number to call if you spot a "non human". Funnily enough i also noticed the number 666 on a youtube video about this movie. It seems the counter number is stuck on 1,066,600,458 or something to that effect.

Humans refer to the aliens as "prawns" given their features and how they could easily be compared to giant Prawns.

This movie open up a lot of issues , especially with respects to human intergration with an out of this world race.

This movie had me on the go from the opening scene which takes you on a quick tour of Johanasburg straight toward the Space craft.

The aliens are also intergrated into the movie so seemlesly that it appears the humans in the movie have already accepted the idea that they are living with aliens.

I have posted a links to the trailer and to the website (which is well worth investigating).

Enjoy!!

www.d-9.com

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit777child

It's actually directed by Neill Blomkamp and there are several threads on here about it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This movie was absolutely fabulous IMHO. I can NOT wait for a sequel. Can't wait...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Not only should everyone here be out seeing this movie because its a great film. Everyone should go see it because Blomkamp did the movie on a mere 30 million budget. Its time we show the studios that great film makers can make great movies way under the standard 100 mil budget for blockbusters. And draw the same or larger crowds.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
In case everyone here has been living under a rock, District 9 is an alien movie. And it's out. And it's been out for over a week. Great time for a thread about something that's been talked about for months here on ATS.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hey my bad! i hadnt realised it was already on a few threads!

reply to post by amongus

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I really enjoyed this movie. I recommend it to all sci fi fans. And also, other people that are not big into sci fi, hey, check it out, anyway. The aliens are cool and caught my sympathy early on. And the ending leaves an opening for a sequel. Next up for me? August 28th, Friday afternoon matinee while the kiddies are in school, Rob Zombie's Halloween II. Small town, multiplex theater, matinee price for a codger like me? $3.50 for a first run movie. Can't beat that!! Just me and a handful of slackers in the theaters at that time of day on a weekday.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Stupid, racist movie.

A parody of everything wrong with the human species.

Don't waste your money.

Yuk

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Stupid, racist movie.

Don't waste your money.

Yuk

But thats just the point of it!
Don't we spend our time here basically debating about whats wrong with the human species?

The movie is already in the next stage, activism, trying to make people realize their own condition.

Some people may get it, some people won't.
The people who do get it will realize by seeing the movie that they aren't the only ones that think like that. That the big guys with a lot of money also think like that and are trying to say something about it.

And I thought the movie was alright. Nothing spectacular like everybody is saying.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Stupid, racist movie.

Don't waste your money.

Yuk

I'm not sure why you think the film is racist...
...I thought the film is about racism (and racial segregation).

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just finished watching this movie and was very impressed!
I can defo see a sequel on its way

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hello! I took my son to see this with me last weekend. We felt the movie was incredibly violent and disturbing. We almost walked out fifteen minutes into the film but stuck it out for educational reasons. The film opens up alot of moral issues if your a Christian. Such as when does Christian good will end and human self preservation begin? We felt guilty for feeling like they should have been exterminated in the spaceship and not allowed onto earth. Germs and diseases were not addressed until the guy got sprayed with a foreign chemical compound. The aliens multiplied to 2.5 million in 40 years time? They were going to take over the planet by breeding. The other issue that bothered me was the stupidity of the humans bringing them to earth, if this happens in someone else's country the rest of us are powerless to have an opinion? The greed for high tech wepons was disgusting, yet if they had the wepaons why did they not use them on the humans? It was smart to have the weapons only fire by alien hand. It was interesting that some of the aliens were very smart and empathetic towards each other, while others where utterly stupid and
pleasure oriented. As a parent I would not want them here at all, not even for three seconds. Yes I feel that selfish. It is just too dangerous and uncontrollable. The whole ideas of aliens is too unpredictable, how can we expect loving aliens when we all have issues ourselves?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hello! I took my son to see this with me last weekend. We felt the movie was incredibly violent and disturbing. We almost walked out fifteen minutes into the film but stuck it out for educational reasons. The film opens up alot of moral issues if your a Christian. Such as when does Christian good will end and human self preservation begin? We felt guilty for feeling like they should have been exterminated in the spaceship and not allowed onto earth. Germs and diseases were not addressed until the guy got sprayed with a foreign chemical compound. The aliens multiplied to 2.5 million in 40 years time? They were going to take over the planet by breeding. The other issue that bothered me was the stupidity of the humans bringing them to earth, if this happens in someone else's country the rest of us are powerless to have an opinion? The greed for high tech wepons was disgusting, yet if they had the wepaons why did they not use them on the humans? It was smart to have the weapons only fire by alien hand. It was interesting that some of the aliens were very smart and empathetic towards each other, while others where utterly stupid and
pleasure oriented. As a parent I would not want them here at all, not even for three seconds. Yes I feel that selfish. It is just too dangerous and uncontrollable. The whole ideas of aliens is too unpredictable, how can we expect loving aliens when we all have issues ourselves?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
The aliens multiplied to 2.5 million in 40 years time? They were going to take over the planet by breeding. The other issue that bothered me was the stupidity of the humans bringing them to earth, if this happens in someone else's country the rest of us are powerless to have an opinion? The greed for high tech wepons was disgusting, yet if they had the wepaons why did they not use them on the humans?

you watched the movie but you didnt pay it no attention did you? the aliens did not have weapons. the government seized some and some were sold for cat food. the alien that went home was the only smart one if you didnt notice that. it could be like that for all we know. they may come here but who's too say all aliens are smart? there is always a leader. they werent there 40 years it was 20.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I thought it was a cool movie. It was scary when they first got onto the ship and you see all these aliens.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
i enjoyed the pretend documentary style they started with.
There are some parts im not sure of lsuch as why the aliens gave away all their guns? to a N,igerian scammer (i laughed at that) but i enjoyed it , but not the lead actors Tash he sported throughout.

Edit cause ATS thought my 'N,Igerian ' spelt the N word and ws snipping my post lol.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It could have been 12-489025-49168903405943590341059834579834 x better.

im so sick of movies not tackling some bad ass movie and takin it to a whole-nuva-levah

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Stupid, racist movie.

Don't waste your money.

Please explain how the movie is racist.

Yes, there are racist characters in the movie (for instance, the man-on-the-street interviews are real; they are not actors, but real people in South Africa talking about Zimbabwean immigrants) and there are elements that can make many uncomfortable. But that is a far cry from the movie itself or its message being racist.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hello! I am having computer troubles the screen shakes on ats sometimes. I thought at the begining of the camps they were there 20 years before they needed to relocate, and then at the end of the movie thay said after relocation they amassed to 2.5 million in another twenty years time. They violence was so graphic comared to a BBC chic flic I apologize for not paying closer attention. I kill snakes around my house because I want to protect the people who live here, I don't want aliens on the planet. People should meet on Mars or the moon for intergalactic face to face meetings. The aliens could have used their weapons when the soliders cut a hole into their space ship, they certainly had them. How would you know if they staged a break down to come and start breeding like rabbits on Earth. There weren't any strong women characters in the movie, neither human or alien female. I would think women would want them gone more than men since we are the ones vulnerable with children.
The message of the film is don't let them come here or they are going to be here, and quite possibly over breed us and we vanish. What about the new diseases introduced? In real llife, it could be worse than anything we have ever encountered. Think the flu is contagious and awful?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Mockumentaries are hard to pull off and this film was no exception.

I thought it was lame.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I wonder why no one ever responds to my reviews?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join