It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The County Where I Live Has Shutdown All Schools Due To Swine Flu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
AP) — TUSKEGEE, Ala. - Macon County Schools officials have announced the system is closing for two days because of numerous absences due to swine flu.

The Tuskegee-based system closed schools at 1 p.m. Thursday and plans to reopen on Monday.

State health official Jim McVay said the health department didn't recommend the closure but is leaving those decisions up to individual school So far public health officials have seen absenteeism rates at schools, open just over a week, climb to five or six percent in parts of the state.

McVay said that rate is unusual for August but would not be out of the ordinary during winter months.bama.live.advance.net... /newsflash/index.ssf?/base/national-49/1250799461104770.xml&storylist=alabamanews

I've been thinking real hard about this whole swine flu break-out, The side where everyone is saying this is a very dangerous situation, The other side where they're saying it's a hoax, plus the numerous people who say it's man made & I have now come up with my own theory, I think it's man made and it's an attempt to discredit & destroy the truthers & anyone who's into alternative news, they start a virus & spread it under unusual, suspicious type of way so that people like Alex Jones & most of us on this site will throw up a red flag & tell people our suspicions & tell them not to take the vaccine shot which will in turn kill alot of people(because the threat is real) which will then discredit any & everything we've worked hard to un-cover.
Why?
The reason is after or while lots of people are dying the government can point to people like us and say they are the reason for so many deaths, they are dangerous people who shouldn't be listened to, We are so close to getting the truth out, we are on their coat-tails & they know it so they, by any means necessary have to dis-credit us & destroy the truth movement.
What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by joe82

Whatever happens, do not get the shots!

Make sure to spread the word.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by joe82

I didn't even know school was in already? It starts Monday in my county in Florida.

What will a 2 day break do to help anything?

This is not even the worst of the flu season and they are already taking this step. The flu will circulate for the next several months, they are predicting the rate will double everyday into the fall (from the radio this morning!).

I wonder if they will cancel the entire semester as things get worse?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This whole swine flu thing is some load of rubbish.

Whats the point in shutting down schools when those kids will get it as soon as the schools reopen?

I had it last week, a number of my friends have gotten it and pretty much everyone else in the world will have had it in the next two years. Only one person I know was hospitalized with it but had other health issues previous to contracting it.

Its no worse than a mild flu if you catch it with plenty of Vitamin C, drink plenty of water etc etc. The whole stigma surrounding it is a joke.

Its going to spread no matter what.. so get a mild dose by catching it naturally or get a stronger dose from the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by joe82

What will a 2 day break do to help anything?

My thinking on this is to Scare The People - SO they will want to get the vaccine.

If TPTB make the people Think the Swine Flu is SOOO bad that a whole school system needs to be closed - then those scared people will flock to get the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Wow! I thought Public Schools started the first week after Labor Day? And with all the recent Budget Cuts and having to cut extra days, I thought Public Schools would be open less and not more this year!

When I tell my daughter she's going to be thanking her lucky star for having a couple weeks less of school than some!

The things that make me suspect about this, and question the rationale of School Officials is this:

They are experiencing 6-10% Absenteeism from Macon Schools. Some are reporting Influenza like symptoms, but not any significant percentage of those Absentee students are. Sounds like an old-fashioned Truancy issue, especially since the weather is still good.

Also, the CDC has changed its guidelines in regards to H1N1 Influenza and recommends closing school only as a last resort because the virus appears to cause mostly mild, brief illnesses.

Now that the Schools have closed citing H1N1 concerns, how much higher is their Absenteeism problem going to balloon now? Parents will be too scared to let their children go to school and will make them stay at home, contributing to greater Absenteeism which will cause the Schools to assume a greater outbreak of H1N1 and to close again...causing more panic...et cetera. Their reasoning is creating a self-perpetuating myth and endless feedback loop.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Whatever happens I have decided to go ahead without vaccine. If I die, I die. Some will die of vaccinations, some will die of flu. Some will die of the flu they got from the vaccine.

We all will die someday. I'll take my chances.

Sorry, but no matter what anyone would label me as I will not take the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I forgot to mention...

14% of HIGH SCHOOL students have been absent from this district.
7% of Middle School students have been absent from the this district.
There have been absolutely no absenteeism from all the Elementary Schools in this district.

The older you get, the more likely you are to want to skip school. How many of us did the same in High School. I don't think I actually made it to class as much as I skipped and played "Hookie" in my Senior Year of High School. We've all seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Feign a vague illness and spend the day having fun.

So, the school being overly cautious goes "OMG! We have 14% of our Senior Class out sick today! It must be an epidemic! Let's close all the schools in the District before the epidemic spreads!" When in reality, it sounds like someone at the High School said "Peter's parents are out of town. Pool Party at Peter's! BYOB. Be there or be square!"

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by joe82

Well, it looks like it's getting started. BOLO for military types and any news people from other areas.

Geographically, one wouldn't expect a big problem in your area so early in the flu season, which hasn't really started yet.

Steve Quayle says that the flu and the vaccines are "not a fake-out, but a total take-out".

Perhaps where you are they just want to do a disinfect job for the schools. Seems like this is a good idea and could be done on weekends. Just wipe the whole school down with some disinfectant.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

They said that they were closing the school to clean and disinffect the schools, will it do any good, probably not

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mappam

you're probably right, the biggest schools and the school board sits in Tuskegee and we all know what happened there, the last time the government lined people up for shots there it didn't go good at all

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads-up, Joe. Closing the school for disinfection is just a little strange to me. Will they close every week or so to 'disinfect?' It just doesn't make any sense.
They get the place cleaned, let everyone back in and then what? Yup, the have to clean it again. They should really be pushing internet classes or something. I haven't heard anything about distance learning.
Keep us posted, Joe. It would be nice to hear what's going on over there.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

You know, the internet classes is a good idea, that would really keep the number of infected down.
I will definetly keep you posted.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Online support and courses are part of the CDC's recommendations if the pandemic increases in severity. The CDC also stated that if parents/students do not follow the recommendation to stay home if your sick, schools may wish to close as a proactive measure. Often parents will send their children to school, even when they know they are sick, to avoid missing work themselves. Schools are well aware of this, but also know that they cannot force a parent to come pick up a sick child. Many parents will wait hours before they make to the school to pick up their kid.

I personally, come what may, will NOT take the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
When I heard disinfect it made me think Nostradamus/ black plague/remedy and I came upon a site(akrawfood.com search 4 thieves/ anti plague/ remedy) that had a remedy they used during this pandemic.Its called the 4 thieves remedy for various reasons.It sounds a lot better than the vaccine and offers an alternative solution to a vaccine I don't know if it works but it's worth looking into. Peace.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by A por uvas]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Several school systems in TN have a modified year round schedule that has 180 days of curriculum. This seems to have reduced heating and cooling expenses. Parents are now responsible for most of the school supplies as the budgets get cut.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
THEY WILL STOP AT NOTHING WITH THE FEARMONGERING.

NOOOOOOTHINNNNNG!!!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Alabama, too? Thanks for alerting me to this Joe.

I still don't see any direct link to H1N1! If nothing else, this is about fear among school officials. Let me recant what happened to me a few months earlier:

In my present job, I function more as a driver than a line worker. I was the driver on a road trip to a job site in another state, along with another driver. At the last minute I got a call from my boss. My boss informed me there was a problem because the other driver had been to the hospital and was told he may have had swine flu. Everyone else was demanding he be taken off the trip or they would not go. I personally didn't care, but was told that this person didn't want to go but was being forced to go while sick, so I agreed to side with the other workers to force him off the schedule.

I saw him at another job site about a month later. He was LIVID! He never was told he had the swine flu; he had a fricking cold! He went to the hospital to see a friend and was coughing and sneezing when he came out, and someone spotted him. The rest was just another day at the rumor mill. He had lost a week's wages because he was not only taken off that schedule, but off several more. And not to mention, as drivers, our bread and butter are these out-of-state jobs that come along only occasionally.

Fear, people, fear. It's the real enemy. Think back on your life; how many times have you been sick for a day or two? I rarely get sick, but even I can think of a few times. Now ask yourself: did you survive? Of course you did! Now, which are you going to listen to: the doctors and big pharma, who have so much to gain if that shot makes you sick enough to need more medicine, or your own experiences?

Unfortunately, many of those presently in charge of our educational system are those who fear.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hey Joe, The university of Alabama is reporting 54 cases of flu also. Don't know what we'll do if the tide comes down with it during the football season!

Alabama braces for hundreds of swine flu deaths
Virus expected to kill at least 1,000 in state

www.al.com.../base/news/1250237734132280.xml&coll=2

In my opinion whats going on is either they want us to believe the book of revelation is coming true or it is coming true.

Last night they said the WHO said 1/3 of the people in the world will get this swine flu within the next two years.

I figure right before the vaccine is ready to be gave out you'll see an increase in deaths they say are related to the flu. A big enough rise in numbers people panic and beg for the vaccine.

I figure its the vaccine thats either going to mutate the virus into a killer one or something in the vaccine is a killer.

In the south school starts earlier in a lot of places because our kids get fall break. Fall break usually occurs in mid October. Right about the time they say the vaccine should be ready.

If you noticed in the above article school kids are the first on the list to get the vaccine.

I just don't know what we're going to do here in Bama if there is no Iron bowl because all the football team is down with the flu?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The reason everyone is so scared of the Swine Flu is because the world's population is so amazingly small after the huge death tolls we experienced from Avian Flu and West Nile Virus, not to mention the constant terrorist attacks we get evrey day, oh and the massive numbers of deaths from "illegal substances".

I for one am grateful to have a government to lock me away in a tiny room and worry about everything for me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join