It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beer-Drinking Model Demands Public Caning

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This must not be a government court, it’s got to be a religious one:

Malaysian law excludes the following from caning:
· Women;
· Men aged 50 and above (except when convicted of rape);
· Anyone judged unfit by a medical officer, and
· The insane.
Judicial caning under the criminal law is not to be confused with caning ordered by the religious Shariah courts (for Muslims only), which is applicable to women as well as men, but is much less severe.

Apparently, its not as harsh as caning for criminal purposes, most likely with a lighter cane.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal
If she had been a Buddhist, Christian or Hindu, she would have been perfectly O.K. !!!!

IF but she isn't. Wouldn't a public caning violate Muslim decency laws?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
A good question is how did they know she was a Muslim?
There has to be more to this story then we are getting in that article.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

So, yes, it's harsh, but is it any harsher than how it works in the West, where we can legally drink ourselves to death, often taking others with us if we drive?

Let's see:

1 - Being whipped with a cane for drinking a beer.

2 - Having the freedom to drink a beer without being whipped with a cane.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
SE Asia really need to get off the Medieval punishment thing. If it did that, it would be a totally awesome place.

Kudos to this woman, she is a real hero. Enough of this Sharia crap.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
Too bad she doesn't live in a "free" society... and she's hot. We need more models like her in the U.S.

Yeah more models to bone for money, or maybe get them really drunk in the clubs with some shots of tequila, ummm they will find the ugliest of us very handsome and then drive home drunk kill someone on the way then the human right groups can come and cry about how Malaysians don't have freedom, as if they know what freedom means.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

A good question is how did they know she was a Muslim? There has to be more to this story then we are getting in that article

It's not like she was wearing a sign around her neck that said "Here I am, I'm a Muslim and I'm having a Beer!"

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oatmeal
reply to post by defcon5

A good question is how did they know she was a Muslim? There has to be more to this story then we are getting in that article

It's not like she was wearing a sign around her neck that said "Here I am, I'm a Muslim and I'm having a Beer!"

Well if she's in a hotel bar having a beer, that part is easy enough to see right?

And when I traveled in southeast Asia I could easily spot that certain women were Muslim because of certain "modesty attire" they wore. It may as well have been a sign hanging around their neck saying "I'm a Muslim", it was that obvious.

However Malaysia was not among the countries I visited so I don't know if it's customary for Muslims to wear modesty attire there, but maybe somebody on this board knows and can enlighten us if that's how they may have spotted her as a Muslim.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
There are such things as masochists in the world. You would be amazed the things I keep in my closet to follow the Boy Scout Motto of ‘always be prepared.’

There is a fine line between pleasure and pain that for those with masochistic inclinations is nearly indistinguishable to them. Exhibitionism is also something that many people find provocative.

Personally I think this woman is just a little to anxious for a public caning and I have to say from my own wealth of experience the best way to punish a masochistic woman is to take her out for a nice dinner! Avoiding the closet all together really gets their goat and drives home the ‘you have been bad point’.

They hate that!

I recommend French restaurant, 4 or 5 stars as being a true challenge to their palate and a lengthy show of a meal that is sure to keep them from having the physical fun they crave anytime soon!

Desert, coffee? I think I will have some!

I do tend to agree Malaysia does not seem to be the most sophisticated country.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Anytime one person has authority over another it is tyranny.

Sorry, that's just the way it is.

Stockholm Syndrome might invigte you to "accept the way it is", but that doesn't make it any less tyrannical.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Simple answer as to why this law only applies to Muslims is Malaysia does not want to aggravate relations with non-Muslims. Like very many Muslims countries would disapprove.

I think this woman is trying to cause a stir by making the canning public. Me thinks she has been slightly westernized by her work. I maybe wrong but if I'm right I hope it works.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by d2che

I don't subscribe to any mainstream religious beliefs - unless witchcraft is 'mainstream' these days. But I can say this.

Whether it be a man or a woman that was subject to the "caneing" - this isn't the dark ages anymore. Really. I totally agree with what you said on if you break a law, you should be a bit more discreet than to do it in public, but come on?

This is right along the same vein as "honor killings" and other archaic laws. A fine would have been enough and warranted in the situation. Religion has no place in civilized law or it's institutions. At all. The day a religion sets up shop and starts enforcing beliefs on me (and I'm aware the US was founded on Christianity but we have "separation of church and state" - you don't see bands of pissed off Christians chasing people down and stoning them to death or beating them with sticks....) I would leave the country.

Before the inevitable conversation about who did what comes up - lol - as I stated before I'm a student of witchcraft, so I'm not condoning what Christiians did in their early period, either. There were many atrocities committed by them as well as other religions, but the one thing they have done that seems to slip through your fingers is "grow up". I know not all Muslims are bad people, but the religion is clouding the extremists' judgement big time.

Anyone in the states, esp. Texas tried to "cane" someone - lol - I don't think we'd be able to count the number of bullet holes.....

To OP - you and me both, brother. You'd be a bloody pulp and I'd be dead. LOL

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
Anyone in the states, esp. Texas tried to "cane" someone - lol - I don't think we'd be able to count the number of bullet holes.....

Not counting of course the local BDSM circuit, where a good caning never hurt anyone... errr not that I know anything about that

Witchcraft eh? I might have some 'documents' kicking around

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The more I read about things like this, the more I want to puke.
Are human beings really that fickle?
How do we as a species allow this sort of barbaric behavior to continue?
Are these people really that conditioned to believe this is acceptable in any way?
We fight wars against dictators for oil and infrastructure development, but care nothing and do nothing for the people.
I am sickened to the point of disgust.

The logistics alone, of dealing with this type of behavior are almost ridiculous.
So what is the solution?
I guess we keep letting them do what they want until they do it here, and we have to allow it because it's part of their religions beliefs.
Nothing like free will, huh?

[edit on 8/22/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Not everyone has the same belief as you, that is what you need to keep in *Snip* Just because you use your emotions in dealing with these issues doesn't mean you are right and they are wrong. You could be wrong and they could be right, have you thought about that?

Removed In-courteous unnecessary remark

Quite enough with that, Thank you

[edit on 8/22/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Is it right to beat someone to a pulp?
How about lopping off limbs?
Caning?
Is it wrong to kill people?
Is it wrong to hold everyone on earth accountable to your religion?
How about to disown a family member?
All in the name of.....
If it's not, then perhaps you can enlighten me.
Perhaps you would be willing to do the same for all of Earth.
I guess I must be thinking illogically.
But hey, it's their moral and religious right, so who am I, just an infidel, to dispute it?
Blood is the tears of the meak.

[derisive]Love your signature by the way.[/derisive]

By the way, I made no reference to a particular group or faith.
I referenced human beings as a species.

[edit on 8/22/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

There is no such thing as right and wrong. If you are so enlightened that you are aware of the right and wrong please help me discover that truth which I have been looking for all my life. An action can be right and wrong based on different conditions and that exact action can have negative and positive effects at the same time. So what is right and wrong, where do we go with this?

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Not everyone has the same belief as you, that is what you need to keep in *Snip* Just because you use your emotions in dealing with these issues doesn't mean you are right and they are wrong. You could be wrong and they could be right, have you thought about that?

Just because someone doesn't have the same beliefs as me, I don't believe in caning someone for having a beer, and they do...that has nothing to do with my emotions. It has to do with condoning violence on another human being. I could be wrong and they could be right, but I'll stick to my own opinion.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

There is no such thing as right and wrong. If you are so enlightened that you are aware of the right and wrong please help me discover that truth which I have been looking for all my life. An action can be right and wrong based on different conditions and that exact action can have negative and positive effects at the same time. So what is right and wrong, where do we go with this?

Is it right to beat someone to a pulp? How about lopping off limbs? Caning? Is it wrong to kill people? Is it wrong to hold everyone on earth accountable to your religion? How about to disown a family member? All in the name of..... If it's not, then perhaps you can enlighten me. Perhaps you would be willing to do the same for all of Earth. I guess I must be thinking illogically. But hey, it's their moral and religious right, so who am I, just an infidel to dispute it? Blood is the tears of the meak.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join