It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've just seen something strange, the satellite stopped.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I was staring at the night sky, as it's nice and clear. I do this quite alot, I love the night sky when it's clear. Anyway, I was watching what I thought was a satellite. Slowly making its way accross the sky. When it stopped. I have no footage, my camera wouldn't have picked it up anyway, I can't even see the stars with it. Just thought I'd mention it. I was looking east, in herts UK. I'm not sure of the conselations, so I can't give you the exact location, sorry. The big dipper, from my view, was far left of my 180 degree view (looking from my window) This thing was in the middle of the sky from my view, like I say, looking west.

maybe someone else can see it, it's still there, looking like a star. But I watched the little blighter move a good few inches (from my perspective) It passed 2 stars. It stopped!! They ain't supposed to do that

Anyway, err, that is all. I'm off to bed. Nighty night

Will answer any questions in the morning. (it's 11pm here, I got to be up at 6 to walk the dogs)

I haven't had any drink or anything else, before that's suggested.

[edit on 18/8/2009 by Acidtastic]

CX

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm intrigued now.

Just went outside to look, can't see anything, then again if it's stopped i wouldn't know anyway lol.

Lovely clear night though.

CX.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

About a year ago now I had a similar event.
I arrived home late one night, 2am. Saw a "satellite" moving across the sky at a pretty noticeable speed. I thought to myself I hadn't seen one in awhile so I just kept watching. A moment later it just stops dead in the sky.

I stood there watching for another 10 or 15mins before I gave up. I popped my head out an hour later, it was still there.

The next night I think it was still there and pointed it out to my brother. He had doubts and then it started fading out. It was a very clear night and it was the only "star" to fade, and then it faded back in. As far as I know, the "satellite/star" remained there for a week afterward, at which point I wasn't sure if I was getting mixed up with other stars or not.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

This is very weird but last night I was also watching a satellite it seemed to slow right up almost to a stop.I am often watching satellites and have never seen one do this before.Anyway I was watching it through my night vision scope and also had my camcorder at the ready.It took me a little while to find it with the camcorder held up to the night scope but I did manage to get some footage of it as it moved across the sky.BTW I have just this min come inside from watching the sky.I have seen about 6 or 7 satellites however none of them slowed down this time.

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I saw the same thing a month ago, except it took position with-in the stars, trying to disguise itself as one it appeared. Very strange... There have been may people who have reported such things as of late. Thanks for sharing.

EDIT to add:

Related threads(other peoples stories)...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Something is surely going on.

[edit on 8/18/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I saw a weird one a few months ago but kept quiet about it, Being in the south of England i was outside having a smoke about 1am, looking north i noticed two lights which i thought were satelites. Both traveling on the same course and same speed going from west to east. Then, one stopped and the one behind did exactly the same .

The leading one the moved off again and then the following one did the same then, again, the leading one stopped and the following one slowed and stopped... then both moved off on a different course due north and promptly disappeared ..

There were no navi lights and were definately not aircraft as i know an aeroplane when i see one living 30 miles south of Gatwick.

weird

Regards
Git

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Cool, glad to know I'm not the only one who has seen this happen! (it's comforting at least
) I'll keep on my nightly sky watch, and one of these days I'll invest in something decent to watch/record with. My phone may have a 8.1 mp camera on it, but it's still rubbish at nighttime footage.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
fantastic thread mate. Me and my girlfriend live in the west midlands and on most nights (when clear) i love to be looking at the sky, and on a few occasions have seen satelites, but on one we saw 3 together just cruising across the sky, they didnt stop but they were within an inch of each other (from my prospective). Now im saying they were satelites but would they have been that close???

S+F for you.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Cool, I don't know if satellites travel in groups. I guess it's not outside the realms of possibilities. There's a website that gives you a picture of your night sky, and what satellites are visible. I tried to look for it last night, so i could give a better description of where i saw it. but i couldn't remember it. Next time I stumble across it, I'll try and remember to bookmark it

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Hi Acidtastic!
I'm in the West Midlands and I think I saw that last night. I was outside smoking a ciggie and I saw what I figured to be a satellite moving across the western part I think. As I looked up the Big Dipper was on my right and the satellite was moving right to left towards it. Anyhoo, it stopped. It looked like a star then. I have no clue what it was, just thought I'd tell you I'm pretty sure I saw it too.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I had seen what looked like a really bright star last year around winter and wasn't sure if it was a star or a planet. It didn't flash, twinkle or change color and seemed to bright and didn't move. It was way too large or bright to be a satelite or so I thought. I did used to see satelites or possibly planes in the night skies when I lived in Northern Wisconsin. I envy those who have clear skies like these.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have seen this three times. The first time I shrugged it off as me not paying close enough attention to what was going on, and maybe getting confused. The other two times I am positive what I saw. Don't have a clue as to what it is/was and can't even guess.

I watch satellites all the time at night, and it seemed like a regular satellite to me all three times until it stopped. When I finally went to bed and woke early to head to the airport the next morning I did notice that the light was still "parked" in the same part of the sky (respective to the stars around it that is, not the same part as viewed from my position concurrently).

Odd for sure. The fact that the stationary light was there in the morning located respectively in the same area causes me to think I am mistaken about what I saw. I didn't really pay attention the first time, but the second two times I paid very close attention. I have a VERY nice scope, and the third time took the time to investigate, but there was nothing worthy of note when viewed. Maybe I was just paranoid or something, I don't know.

Most of you that know my posting habits know that I would not advance such rubbish if it didn’t happen. I sincerely wish I had more to add that would contribute in a positive manner to the discussion at hand, but unfortunately anything else I say would be nothing more than imagination and conjecture.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think aliens are observing what we are doing. They are watching us from high above.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I watch satellites almost every weekend when the sky is clear. I know for a fact that there are things up there that aren't "supposed" to be. Alien technology? Maybe. But I lean more toward secret government/military projects. Who knows what they have going on up there that we don't know about.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Sure, o.k. Aliens are watching us. Whatever you want to believe or substitute religion/faith for. But I am of the school of thought that is they wanted to really observe us they would be able to do so in a manner that is transparent. I mean, I can spy on my neighbor and know everything about them without them catching on, we have optics that can read a driver's license from high altitude. I can only imagine that Aliens advanced enough to make it here have observational capabilities far better than we do that would leave no trace?

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
It was another beautifuly clear night last night. Lots of normal satellites, and i saw 1 strange one. Different to the last one. It sort of looked like it was bouncing along, it would dissapear, then light up. But it was irregular. One second it'd be a normal looking satellite type thing, then it'd dissapear, then it'd shine brightly 2 or 3 times, then it'd dissapear, then it'd flash once, then go back to normal satellite mode. It sort of looked like it was a stone, skimming accross the athmosphere. Very very odd. This was about 10.25 last night.

I'm totally making a habbit of this one, clear nights rule.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Great thread!!

I've been watching these sattelite stars for quite sometime and here is the different things I have observed. BTW I'm from across the pond/Michigan.

I just observed about twenty minutes ago a pair of lights cruising from south to North. One light was trailing the other what looked to be about 1" apart as someone else stated earlier. The one that was trailing the other caught up to where it looked like there was only one light. Then they separated again and continued on the northward path. They never got brighter or lit up while I was watching them which leads into my next observation...

About a month ago I saw another pair of lights that were much closer but acted in the same manner only these were brightly lit as bright as the brightest star in the sky and traveling very slow. Then both lights went dim at the same time to look like the sattelites again.

I've witnessed these objects dozens of times but only seen them paired up a couple of times usually I just see a single object that gets bright them dim. Or it will flicker every 3-5 seconds. I've only been wathcing the sky religously for about a year now. I actually get depressed if the sky is cloudy...lol. It's addicting!

Happy hunting I look forward to hearing more about these strange objects.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Satellite watchers crew in the house!!

I think it's great that so many people are seeing strange satellite type objects. Not only does it make me feel slightly less mental, but it validates it with witnesses all over the globe.

This can turn into a satellite anomolies style thread.

If only cameras were good enough to pick these things up, we could have some videos to go with the stories.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I too have seen a "satellite" that has mysteriously come to a full stop. Then, more recently, there were the two that were moving adjacently, but were bright orange.
Similarly, I have also seen a "star" that faded out. It was a new extra star in the tail of the Big Dipper, which disappeared as I was watching, puzzled.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I have written this before but I don't mind writing it again and maybe one day someone will realize what I say has merit to it.

I know a little about what the Aliens do and I have written a few times all those stars up there aren't stars.

Many times the Ships have mimiced our aircraft it's easy really.

Many times after they are done there days duties they go to there locations in the skies and stop and at times they will change from a white light to a pale yellow/golden light.

Maybe with professionals examining this great video ATS can come to an opinion on which this might be.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join