It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAVY Space Command Uncovered

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

So with sea launch platforms, not only do we not know what they are launching or where they are launching from - we don't even know what they are launching with....

Well, it's not like they are launching with any exotic technology or anything. It's still conventional rockets. I would assume that the reason they are "classified" is that they are protecting trade secrets under contract from the manufacturer, or they are identical to certain engines used with the military. Whatever the reason, you can bet it is proprietary technology that's for sure, lol.

As to where, when and what they launch.....that is a little harder to pin down though.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Peoples spending too much time on the issue of how can they launch anything secret when you can see a rocket launch...

True but what is ON that rocket?

45th Wing Space Command just launched a 'secret' satellite of the PAN serious that had everyone up in arms... even had a cool patch... yet thsi was announced at Patrick way before the launch and Lockheed has all the data on the satellite

I am willing to bet that this was a cover up to hide something else that was launched
Keep everyone busy looking the wrong way

As to 'secret' launches that would be from places not many people are watching, like the site the US Army was looking at in the early 60's in BRAZIL...

Or more likely one stage to orbit space planes dropped from an airplane

But heck if they really do have those anti gravity ships why would anyone think they would see them being launched... other than just another silly UFO report?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ba44107821f.jpg[/atsimg]

I find a few items amusing in this article but one to note is that when talking about a joint hypersonics venture a picture of a NAVY ship was used

www.aviationnews.eu...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
UPDATE

Another facet of the NAVY Space Program reveals itself... under the not so deep cover of a NASA Project...

It is in reality a Naval Research Space Project...

To much for here so I started a new thread on just that topic, but needed to add it here for the overall NAVY Space Connection

People have argued over Chemtrails, HAARP, Shields around the planet...

Well today we have the TRUTH

And it was released publicly

NAVY and NASA - The REAL Chemtrails
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So is this thread dead? I have not seen any updates in quite some time.

Zorgon, I haven't heard back from you in regards to the private messages I sent.

Hope all is well!

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I was stationed at NAS Miramar in the 70's. Rail guns were in use, even if only experimentally back then. I've seen these things shooting straight up and have wondered ever since, now I know.

From 1986 - 1999 Maxwell Technologies operated an Electric Gun Research & Development Facility (a.k.a. DNA 32-MJ Green Farm Test Facility), under the direction of the Defense Special Warfare Agency, Allied governments and commercial organizations, where they tested a high-tech electromagnetic rail gun that shot a large, plastic bullet-like projectile at extremely high velocities. The weapon was developed at Maxwell’s Kearny Mesa facility.

With a barrel about 38′ long, the rail gun used a quick burst of nitrogen to begin a series of electromagnetic pulses that would move a 9″ space-age plastic projectile, with a silver-plated base, through the barrel at a tremendous velocity that could penetrate tank armor. It is being developed as a space-deployed gun that could shoot down objects, like missiles.

The gun is so powerful that a 1/5-scale test of the prototype shot through all of the sandbags and phone books placed to stop it — and went straight into the foundation of the Maxwell building! The first test of the full-scale version ionized the air so much that radar went down as far away as Lindburgh Field! Testing of the electromagnetic rail gun was subsequently moved to a remote New Mexico location
from the following:
LINK

Mod Edit: link fixed to fix page skew

[edit on 11/22/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

No new data processed at the moment and I didn't see a pm from you :puz;

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
I was stationed at NAS Miramar in the 70's. Rail guns were in use, even if only experimentally back then.

The 70's eh? Thanks for that little addition. We all know that what they have... and what they ell the public is about 30 years behind. Nice to have it confirmed

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
I was stationed at NAS Miramar in the 70's. Rail guns were in use, even if only experimentally back then.

The 70's eh? Thanks for that little addition. We all know that what they have... and what they ell the public is about 30 years behind. Nice to have it confirmed

interesting info on railguns from navy.mil
New Railgun Electromagnetic Launch Facility Dedicated at NSWC Dahlgren

DAHLGREN, Va. - A new Electromagnetic Launch Facility (EMLF) was dedicated at Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) Dahlgren during a ceremony hosted by the Office of Naval Research (ONR) Jan. 16, in which a high speed projectile pierced the ceremonial ribbon.

"Because the railgun by its nature is very innovative, I think its fitting that today's ribbon cutting will be similarly innovative," said Chief of Naval Research Rear Adm. William Landay, before the projectile was fired with a muzzle energy of 7.4 mega joules to achieve a velocity of 2,146 meters per second at the Navy's largest operational EMLF.

www.nswc.navy.mil...

you would think that showing us a peak of the actual railgun would not hurt.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
zorgon, I sent you a U2U...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Just found this thread, didn't get a chance to read all the way through. Great thread, thanks for creating it Zorgon

It only seems natural to me that any long term space missions would be handled by the Navy, as many missions would require a vessel that operates independently for a long time, which is what the Navy has traditionally done, while the Air Force has only traditionally concentrated on short lasting missions measured in hours, not days and months.

A space vehicle like the space station would have to be fairly independent, make repairs and all that underway, like a ocean going ship.

From what I read about how the tether works, lift is created by the long wires crossing the gravity field, not exposure to sunlight.

This makes me wonder if a tether could be used to pull a load up into space. Say a very long tether is created, where by some method one end is carried to an extremely high altitude, while the other end is attached to a load on the surface of Earth. I don't know if tether technology would work like this, only speculating. If this was possible, it would completely change the way loads could be carried into space.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
great job zorgon....finally something intelligent to research...keep up the great work

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Here are a few pictures of the Clementine project back in 1994, I thought you might be interested, They are large pics sorry.
Hump

Mission Statement
The recent interpretation of data from the Clementine spacecraft mission, a joint Ballistic Missile Defense Organization/NASA venture, has revealed that deposits of ice could exist in permanently dark regions near the South Pole of the Moon. Initial estimates suggest that the ice deposit area is the size of small lake (60 to 120 thousand cubic meters), and that the lunar crater containing the ice deposit has a depth greater than the height of Mount Everest, and a rim circumference twice the size of Puerto Rico. The discovery of ice on the Moon has enormous implications for the potential return of humans to the Moon's surface and the establishment of a permanent lunar station. The lunar ice could be mined and dissociated into hydrogen and oxygen by electric power provided by solar panels or a nuclear generator, providing both breathable oxygen and potable water for the permanent station on the Moon. Hydrogen and oxygen are also prime components of rocket motor fuel and could potentially result in the establishment of a lunar filling station making transport to or from the Moon more economical by at least a factor of ten. The Clementine spacecraft was launched aboard a Titan II missile from Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., on Jan. 25, 1994. Its primary military mission was to qualify lightweight sensor and camera technology for possible application for ballistic missile defense programs, but it also demonstrated a capability for low-cost, high-value space exploration missions.

i33.tinypic.com...

Launch from Vandenberg
The Clementine spacecraft is launched aboard a Titan II missile from Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., in this Jan. 25, 1994, file photograph. The recent interpretation of data from the Clementine spacecraft mission, a joint Ballistic Missile Defense Organization/NASA venture, has revealed that deposits of ice could exist in permanently dark regions near the South Pole of the Moon. Initial estimates suggest that the ice deposit area is the size of small lake (60 to 120 thousand cubic meters), and that the lunar crater containing the ice deposit has a depth greater than the height of Mount Everest, and a rim circumference twice the size of Puerto Rico. The discovery of ice on the Moon has enormous implications for the potential return of humans to the Moon's surface and the establishment of a permanent lunar station. The lunar ice could be mined and dissociated into hydrogen and oxygen by electric power provided by solar panels or a nuclear generator, providing both breathable oxygen and potable water for the permanent station on the Moon. Hydrogen and oxygen are also prime components of rocket motor fuel and could potentially result in the establishment of a lunar filling station transport to or from the Moon more economical by at least a factor of ten. The Clementine spacecraft's primary military mission was to qualify lightweight sensor and camera technology for possible application for ballistic missile defense programs, but it also demonstrated a capability for low-cost, high-value space exploration missions.

i37.tinypic.com...

Mod Note: New Policy Regarding Images On ATS – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sun Nov 22 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Clementine Satellite
The Clementine satellite undergoes final checks in this 1993 photograph. The satellite was built by the staff of the Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, D.C. The recent interpretation of data from the Clementine spacecraft mission, a joint Ballistic Missile Defense Organization/NASA venture, has revealed that deposits of ice could exist in permanently dark regions near the South Pole of the Moon. Initial estimates suggest that the ice deposit area is the size of small lake (60 to 120 thousand cubic meters), and that the lunar crater containing the ice deposit has a depth greater than the height of Mount Everest, and a rim circumference twice the size of Puerto Rico. The discovery of ice on the Moon has enormous implications for the potential return of humans to the Moon's surface and the establishment of a permanent lunar station. The lunar ice could be mined and dissociated into hydrogen and oxygen by electric power provided by solar panels or a nuclear generator, providing both breathable oxygen and potable water for the permanent station on the Moon. Hydrogen and oxygen are also prime components of rocket motor fuel and could potentially result in the establishment of a lunar filling station making transport to or from the Moon more economical by at least a factor of ten. The Clementine spacecraft was launched aboard a Titan II missile from Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., on Jan. 25, 1994. Its primary military mission was to qualify lightweight sensor and camera technology for possible application for ballistic missile defense programs, but it also demonstrated a capability for low-cost, high-value space exploration missions. DoD photo.

i35.tinypic.com...

Clementine Orbits
The recent interpretation of data from the Clementine spacecraft mission, a joint Ballistic Missile Defense Organization/NASA venture, has revealed that deposits of ice could exist in permanently dark regions near the South Pole of the Moon. Initial estimates suggest that the ice deposit area is the size of small lake (60 to 120 thousand cubic meters), and that the lunar crater containing the ice deposit has a depth greater than the height of Mount Everest, and a rim circumference twice the size of Puerto Rico. The discovery of ice on the Moon has enormous implications for the potential return of humans to the Moon's surface and the establishment of a permanent lunar station. The lunar ice could be mined and dissociated into hydrogen and oxygen by electric power provided by solar panels or a nuclear generator, providing both breathable oxygen and potable water for the permanent station on the Moon. Hydrogen and oxygen are also prime components of rocket motor fuel and could potentially result in the establishment of a lunar filling station making transport to or from the Moon more economical by at least a factor of ten. The Clementine spacecraft was launched aboard a Titan II missile from Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., on Jan. 25, 1995. Its primary military mission was to qualify lightweight sensor and camera technology for possible application for ballistic missile defense programs, but it also demonstrated a capability for low-cost, high-value space exploration missions. DoD graphic. (Released)

i35.tinypic.com...

[edit on Sun Nov 22 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Just one more thing,

A full-scale model of the Boeing X-45C Joint Unmanned Combat Air Systems sits on the flight line, May 14, 2005, as a static display at the 2005 Air Power over Hampton Roads air show held on Langley Air Force Base, Va. Assembly of this revolutionary aircraft began in June 2004 and it is scheduled to make its first flight in 2007.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
How is the secret space program working in Australia ?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I'd like to know who the customers are...
The Alternate Space Control Center missions include operational direction of the entire global Space Surveillance Network for Commander-in-Chief Space (CINCSPACE). The Center also detects, tracks, identifies, and catalogs all manmade objects in space and provides ephemerides on these objects to about 1,000 customers; and monitors the space environment and informs owners and operators of U.S. and allied space systems of potential threat to their assets by continuous liaison with the systems' operations centers.

www.au.af.mil...

which customers are wanting to keep track of stuff in space?

I'm curious to know. Does anyone know who they are?

Without reading the entire thread to see if anyone answered you (the one reply I saw didn't seem to be actually answering your question) I thought I'd try listing a few possibles:

1. Weather satellite owners
  2. GPS satellite owners
  3. communications satelite owners
  4. ground based optical telescope owners
  5. ground based radio telescope owners
  6. non-USA satellite launching facilities (France, Japan, China, India, Russia, etc)

I expect there are a lot of folks interested in space junk that is in the vicinity of where their equipment is going or is looking. It isn't at all surprising.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Im sure theres a host of other alphabet agencies that run the show

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is all just too much.... I haven't even begun to finish this thread up. But just.... amazing.

Maybe it is because I have been watching a lot of ST:TNG and SG1 lately......

Space Fleets?

Why hide that stuff from us? Why hide the fact the we, as humans, can travel throughout our galaxy.

Why hide all this technology from us? Do they really hate us that much?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
wow! this thread about floored me. I will have to come back again and try to absorb most of what i didn't get in one reading/skimming.

All in all, from what i got, the Military is working hard to make some big space based movement. Either a simple weaponization of the space race, or a way to guarantee that IF we make the next step to pioneer out into the vastness we are able to colonize (in every way) whatever we come across.

Apart from your sychronistic mention of Stargate in the OP, this entire concept reminds me of something else, or rather several related something elses...

In the distant future, Mankind has colonized space (with clusters of space colonies at each of the five Earth-Moon Lagrange points), and, down on the Earth, the nations have united as the United Earth Sphere Alliance. However, the Alliance oppresses the colonies with its military power. The colonies desire a peaceful resolution to the situation, joining together in a movement headed by the pacifist Heero Yuy. In the year After Colony 175, Yuy is shot dead by an assassin (believed to be Odin Lowe), forcing the colonies to search for other paths to peace. The assassination also prompts five disaffected scientists from the Organization of the Zodiac, much more commonly referred to as OZ, to turn rogue after the completion of the mobile suit prototype Tallgeese.

en.wikipedia.org...

Set in a fictional universe in the Universal Century year 0079, the Principality of Zeon has declared independence from the Earth Federation, and subsequently launched a war of independence. The conflict has directly affected every continent on earth, also nearly every space colony and lunar settlement. Zeon, though smaller, has the tactical upper hand through their use of a new type of humanoid weapons called mobile suits. After half of all humanity perish in the conflict, the war settled into a bitter stalemate lasting over 8 months.

The story begins with a newly deployed Federation warship, the White Base, arriving at the secret research base located at the Side 7 colony to pick up the Federation's newest weapon. However, they are closely followed by Zeon forces. A Zeon reconnaissance team member disobeys mission orders and attacks the colony, killing most of the Federation crew and civilian in the process. Out of desperation, citizen boy Amuro Ray accidentally finds the Federation's new arsenal—the RX-78 Gundam, and neutralizes the situation. Scrambling everything they can, the White Base sets out with her newly formed crew of civilian recruits and refugees in her journey to survive, and unknowingly, change the course of the war.

en.wikipedia.org...

Whose to say how many engineers are Anime fans going back to the early 80's, but the ideas and concepts that were originally developed and explored in these series, and its many offshoots, seem to be a common them in Japanese culture. The robot companions, the robotic assembly lines to replace human workers, even the concepts from a "Tsiolkovsky" tower to genetically modified space faring sub species of humans are detailed in later re-creations of the original story.

The overall direction of the conversation just really reminded me of this, and it seemed synchronistic to mention it.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join