It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Close Encounters of the 4th Kind" Movie Trailer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Although I will probably go to see this, as ANY ET movie is at the very least INTERESTING to me, I can't help but notice like others here how the number of "horrific" ET-themed movies, as opposed to the benevolent visitor-themed productions seem to be tipped WAY in favor of the "bad" and "fearful" messages.

Coincidence? I am thinking not.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Same month as the 2012 movie, should be a good alternative movie month at the cinema! I was so happy to read it's not a sequel to "...the Third Kind". Looks alright, but I hope it shows the aliens! Having a semi-famous actress as the lead roll should make it a bit more popular than if it was some random.

Remember the Jim Sparks abduction case? The ETs sometimes appeared as an owl, I think? This is according to him anyway (sorry for the small pic)...

Every time I see one of those barn owls I get the shivers. I think it was first seeing one in the Labyrinth movie. Look at this pic, it's almost as if a grey's face has been transplanted onto a bird!

[edit on 14/8/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Looks like it will be pretty intense.
Sometimes a good suspense thriller is just a good suspense thriller and not a desensitation exercise by a secret cabal.

Mila Jovovich is a hotty too.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by theprofessionalnyc

Nice trailer but i hate that screaching sound so i hope there won't be too much of that in the movie......... Sci-Fi Horror no doubt

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
A larger HD version of the trailer here

and cool to see ATS listed as a resource for further info...

CDS

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Cole DeSteele]

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Cole DeSteele]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sayzaar

Some abductees are returned, others are not.

This is a relatively common theme among alien abductions.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Another issue I have with people saying these aliens are not 'bad' is if they were so friendly why do the abductees report the things they do, why are they affected so negatively? That doesn't not sound too friend-like to me. Granted some accounts are peaceful, but that is far outweighed by very violent accounts. I have said this many times in the past on ATS, if indeed the "Greys" are responsible, I for one do not trust them, at best I am highly speculative of their intentions.

[edit on 8/14/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Indeed! Sarah Palin was returned. Has anybody noticed anything strange about her?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
interesting...glad their story is being told; however, after hearing excuses that full disclosure is precluded by adverse reactions of the public...am now wondering if another fear-mongering alien movie does more than disinform the public consciousness.reply to post by theprofessionalnyc

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I like how they use 3:33 on the clock in order to associate those who have synchronicity with something evil. When looking on the internet you see a lots of these synchronicity sites saying that seeing 1:11,2:22,3:33,11:11, etc. is associated with good angels. With something that is good and based on that trailer it looks like something bad. I can see the psychological work being done here.

If this is the Illuminati then they are far from illuminated.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theprofessionalnyc

It seems like you are trying to have it both ways, NYC. First you tell us...

Originally posted by theprofessionalnyc
they are making movies so that if you mention the word "Aliens" in public as real, people think you are psycho and a "movie freak" that is "dis-illusioned" and "dis-connected" with reality...they are geniuses on the highest level, dis-information by covering the reality of Aliens by making the whole truth seem like fiction...

Then you say...

Originally posted by theprofessionalnyc
You're right. They are also "De-sensitizing" the public to the upcoming "revealing" of the truth they have been hiding. A very very slow "unvealing" of what the power that be have known for centuries...

So, which is it? Are they trying to discredit the UFO phenomenon via movies or they are trying to engender acceptance of it via movies?

Why is it every single sci-fi movie is proclaimed to be a part of the conspiracy? What ever happened to human creativity and storytelling? Can't a movie just be a movie?

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
ET-themed movies...seem to be tipped WAY in favor of the "bad" and "fearful" messages.

Coincidence? I am thinking not.

Or is it?

District 9, a much-talked about movie, features benign aliens (and saw it this afternoon; it was great. I recommend it to everyone).

Battle for Terra, an animated film released earlier this year, was about aliens defending their homeworld from humans.

Avatar, James Cameron's magnum opus to be released later this year, is about humans exploiting an alien world and its inhabitants.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I just did a little 5 min search on the interweb, and there are a lot of people it seems missing in Nome Alaska, still searching, but this PDF from the Nome police DEPT, is offering a Reward for information, and also asking people who have unresolved deaths to contact them.

I love a movie based on some fact, no matter how small, seems even the FBI may be looking into it also but want to read that before popping in a link.

Nome PD reward

Have some of the missing peoples pictures on there, seems to go back a long time.

Adding this, it seems the FBI behavioural analysis Unit is also investigating cases going back to the 1960's with 10 since 1990.

Not saying it is Alien related, but they are not even saying it is a Serial Killer, sounds like they are clueless, it mentions a trial but have yet to find out what trial.

Link

[edit on 14/8/2009 by azzllin]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
I just did a little 5 min search on the interweb, and there are a lot of people it seems missing in Nome Alaska, still searching, but this PDF from the Nome police DEPT, is offering a Reward for information, and also asking people who have unresolved deaths to contact them.

They aren't asking for people who have unresolved deaths to contact them, they are asking people who have information about such deaths to contact them. That is not anything out of the Norm.

Those missing person cases in the PDF stretch back 30 years. That is not odd either. Alaska is a dangerous place, even without aliens abducting people.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It's Hollywood and action, violence, death & destruction sells.

Can't get too much CGI violence & explosions (which everyone wants to see these days) in a film about a bunch of galactic stoners who visit Earth just to shoot the breeze with folk and share their knowledge of the galaxy.

The day the earth stood still remake, whilst utterly awful is the closest we'll get to "friendly" aliens in a hollywood movie

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
that guy who was on the couch undergoing hynosis in the trailer is a bad actor..that was really terrible acting...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Another interesting note worthy mention is the rumored alien base in the Aleutian Islands. Of course this is just rumours and speculative, but it is note worthy in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

An issue I have is people talk only of Greys and Reptiles

Isn't it ignorant to assume that only 2 races of alien exist/come visit us ?

I mean first we thought we were alone

Now we're 3

The universe is a pretty big place, where there's 2 there's bound to be many many more all different in intent so it's entirely possible to assume that there's evil aliens, good aliens and aliens who don't care about anything, to think that human nature (alien nature for aliens of course) and individuality is inherent only to humans is incredibly arrogant, I imagine it extends to the plethora of alien races out there

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Of course it does, but there are only three main races reported generally...

• Greys(multiple sub-types reported)

• Reptoids (much more speculative but still reported a decent bit, they also have some circumstantial evidence to give some credence to their existence.

• Pleadians(Nordics, Lyrans, etc)- These are also reported a decent bit all over the world.

Of those three the Greys appear to be MUCH more common than any of the others though. That is why we mainly hear of those types, just because the Universe could be full of intelligent life does not mean they are all visiting us.

• posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:40 PM
    link   
    reply to post by jkrog08

See I thought the Greys were controlled by the reptoids and didn't really have any say in what they do whether they think it's right or wrong ?

Ultimately we cannot know at all, it could just be a bunch of hooey and we really are alone, all we have to go off is word of mouth which isn't much to go off.

You know it could be that they are just evil aliens/government agents dressed up as greys to make people distrust them and the greys are actually nice aliens who haven't yet visited us.

Speculation and Sci-Fi (yes it is still fantasy) are wonderful things when combined with imaginations

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join