It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those going through foreclosure....BEWARE!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
This is what happens when you save the banks from their toxic assets I guess.... The homeowner gets screwed....TWICE!!

www.cnn.com...#/video/business/2009/08/13/cho.bank.walkaways.cnn

they get far enough through the foreclosure process to have an empty house, but then drop out, and don't follow through.

the result....you own a vadalized house you just don't know it, you get the tax bill, the fines and the harassment from the city about the unkept yard and run down house....

and well, the bank already got theirs, compliments of the taxpayer..

we, as a nation are so close to being broke, if we aren't...

but, oh ya, spend money on crushing perfectly good cars, let's evict the occupants of a couple hundred thousand homes and let them deteriorate to the point where they are unusable!! let's waste more money, more resources.....it will make everything so much better!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
the video doesn't seem to be working...
so, here's another link....

www.prospect.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
If the bank doesn't take it back for these people,
then it's time to learn about:
Adverse Possession
Homesteading
Self-ownership

Too many people are into flight before fight and this is not what defines an American.

Don't be a sheeple...

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Regenmacher]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The best thing to do I suppose would be to stay in the home until you're no longer the legal owner of the home as far as taxes, etc go. At least you'd have a roof over your head.

I've heard that many banks lose the mortgage note and if you bring it up cannot prove that they have any claim to foreclose in the first place.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
With home foreclosures up another record 7% you'd think the MSM would be all over reporting it. But nope, Since about January 2009 they stopped reporting that bad news.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
The best thing to do I suppose would be to stay in the home until you're no longer the legal owner of the home as far as taxes, etc go. At least you'd have a roof over your head.

I've heard that many banks lose the mortgage note and if you bring it up cannot prove that they have any claim to foreclose in the first place.

Good point. If anyone is facing foreclosure ask the bank to produce the note first. With all the bank failures and takeovers the paper work is all over the place and in many cases lost. At least you can keep a roof over your head for a few months while they try to track down the paperwork. It will give you time to plan your next move.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

they get far enough through the foreclosure process to have an empty house, but then drop out, and don't follow through.

the result....you own a vadalized house you just don't know it, you get the tax bill, the fines and the harassment from the city about the unkept yard and run down house....

and well, the bank already got theirs, compliments of the taxpayer..

So the debtor doesn't want the house and the debtee doesn't want the house.

Even the banks don't want the houses.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

they don't want to pay the property taxes, the money need to keep the property up to par....so, well, they can't get what they want for the house if they sell it, don't want the expense of keeping it, but....they want the power to evict the poor sob who is refusing to pay them the money they owe them....

and how much money did we give the banks as a bail out...

someone would have to explain it to me, because, well....lol....the most reasonable explanations I have all involve a gov't that is working against the country and the people who live here...and well....

we all know that can't be true.....

top topics

join