It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pentagon Wants Authority to Post Almost 400,000 Military Personnel in U.S

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

No, it isn't that, they want the ability to be able to activate 400,000 troops for deployment in the US. Currently all the troops besides the ones activated at NorthCom can't be activated for active duty within the US.

The penatagon is basically trying to get the authority to be able to activate 400,000 troops in order to deploy them on US soil. Also there is an issue of .gov wanting to federalize all National Guard Troops and have sole authority to be able to deploy them.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

The consensus is this is in addition to NorthCom...
These posts are described in one article as National Gaurd posts...

also, from the OP...

The Pentagon has approached Congress to grant the Secretary of Defense the authority to post almost 400,000 military personnel throughout the United States in times of emergency or a major disaster.
www.progressive.org...

A little history...

www.worldpoliticsreview.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Meh.. 400k is a drop in the pond, honestly. After the joke that was Katrina, I can understand their desire to have more folks on hand to handle these situations. When people are trying dead babies to lightpoles, and people are getting robbed and raped in the stadium in NO, perhaps it is time to have more folks on hand in time of crisis.

It's kind of funny really. Something like Katrina happens, and we crucify them for not being prepared or having the manpower to handle it. So they propose something to get the manpower, and they get crucified again. No win situation there.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks for the info but just because the pentagon wants this doesn't mean its gonna happen this thread went from good information to complete fear mongering chill out people please...
s&f regardless tho

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

No joke, I had the same reaction as you.
He had just returned from Iraq and had to get a few things off his chest.
But he was deployed in 2003 so this has been going on for a while.

It's probably a safe bet that anything we are discussing today was planned for years ago.
Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

[edit on 13-8-2009 by TriggerFish]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I wish the article had a link to the " Congressional Fact Sheet", the article uses the terms "reserves" and "National Guard" interchangeably, when in reality they are 2 very different things.

The reserves are strictly federal forces that operate part time, while the national guard answers to the state governors, as well as having the option to be federalized, use to be only for homeland missions but now they can be deployed OCONUS as well. Reserves answer only to the POTUS and their Regular Service chains of command, the state governors don't have anything to do with them.

The harder I look at this article it's not adding up. We need to see the document.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by hotrodturbo7]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I'm a tad confused. There is already over 1 million troops stationed within the U.S. From the Wiki article:

Within the United States

Including U.S. territories and ships afloat within territorial waters

A total of 1,083,027 personnel are on active duty within the United States and its territories (including those afloat):[18] The vast majority, 883,430 of them, are stationed at various bases within the Continental United States. There are an additional 36,827 in Hawaii and 19,828 in Alaska. 90,218 are at sea while there are 2,970 in Guam and 137 in Puerto Rico.

So.. um.. we are reducing our #'s?

You can't believe that Wiki to begin with but why you askin how many troops are stationed in mainland U.S.A. are you a Nazi trying to get info for Hitler, You know we have 2,000,000 troops on mainland and twice as many planes , tanks, ect.
Loose lips sink ships.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
After another readthrough it looks like the primary concerns of the Governors with this is that NorthCom will have Reserves operating in their states during "emergencies", and they will have their national guard operating during same "emergencies", and everyone will be stepping on each other's toes.

It's late and I am sloooowwwwlyyyy understanding...

It's all pretty clear in that context but poorly written IMO but nonetheless an important story.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

True. But that doesn't mean they still won't refuse.

Yeah you are right. What is your point? What is the punishment for not following orders?

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

I agree with that, but it also kind of ties in with my sig though too.

When you look at the deeper meaning of it all, takers always lose because they take everything that they have and they don't ever learn when they do win. They become dependent upon taking to win and that is the only thing they know how to do. Doers on the other hand even if they lose they always win because out of the loss they learned what they did wrong and work to fix the problem.

It is essentially why empires always die, they get to accustomed to expensive toys and bending the laws into their favor to become as corrupt and powerful as they are. They eventually screw up and the only thing they know how to do is lie cheat and steal to "fix" the problem or more correctly maintain power.

That is why dictators silence dissent and keep their people poor it is because they are actually afraid of the people, even though they hold all the power. Taking to become powerful and omnipotent carries with it the constant paranoia that somebody is going to kill them or is always out to get them.

It always happens that way, it is a continuous viscous cycle that will one day come to an end only when people learn to be dependent upon themselves aka doers.

Once everybody leans how to do, instead of take, then there will be nothing for the the takers to take.

Okay enough of the philosophy.

Edit to add -

What did you son say about it? I think that is pretty cool you thought enough about it to quote it to him, thanks.

[edit on 13-8-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I don't think they tell where they are all deployed, the military that is.

Just think about it though, if they bring all those blood thirsty troops back from Iraq, they would be ready for the house to house search, rape and pillage.

You know some people still think the Indians were the ones scalping Americans, the Indians were only copying the Bloodie Americans.
It was just like a wolf, you only got paid, if you produced the wolf pelt, same with Indians there was bounty on Indians, scalp was proof.

Then there was time good ole Americas were good enough to lase food they gave Indians with Smallpox, man I hope they don't think we are the Natives.
I don't want to be helped. HELP HELP HElP HELP I don't want to be helped.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by fleabit

No, it isn't that, they want the ability to be able to activate 400,000 troops for deployment in the US. Currently all the troops besides the ones activated at NorthCom can't be activated for active duty within the US.

The penatagon is basically trying to get the authority to be able to activate 400,000 troops in order to deploy them on US soil. Also there is an issue of .gov wanting to federalize all National Guard Troops and have sole authority to be able to deploy them.

The way I am understanding it now is that they are looking to activate Reserves for homeland missions on an as needed basis. That doesn't mean neccessarily that all 400,000 Reserves are about to go active, but they are ironing out the kinks and want to work out who rules the roost, so to speak, when the Fed drops Reserve units into your state, since Reserve units are completely Federal in nature. Best case scenario it is a command conflict.

Worst case scenario is that they know something we don't and they either are in fear of the states and are trying to establish legal standing for putting the smack down, or something is gonna happen and this will be implemented in the future.

It would be nice to see the report to find out if they justify this or quantify their concerns. Is this strictly related to the National Guards being gutted by attrition from fighting OCONUS for 8 years or do they even give a reason at all. Tomorrow I will try to find a copy of the report. In any case it is worrisome, but I ain't gonna panic yet.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

He tried to play it off as one of those "Yeah, whatever DAD " moments but I can tell he thought about it.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

I think you are throwing some wild generalizations around there youngblood. Stop and think about it a little bit.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

Okay thanks for the clarification, no I don't think it is time to panic by all means maybe a little more alert, but nothing to go rioting in the streets about.

It will be interesting to see what the report says.

That is funny, kids are awesome, I remember when I was a kid and use to always get caught it wasn't until I got to be about 20 or 21 when I figured out the reason I always got caught is because my parents did all the same things.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It is getting late...so...all who post here please remember the following:

Try to post facts...or pertinent information, and opinions, scenarios.
Please do not attack personally. Please no fear mongering, or threats. Steer away from talks of mention of violence...

Now for more facts...
I found this...a Legislative Proposal dated July21, 2009.

And as I have mentioned in the thread...a call to action.

The Issue: Activation of Federal Reserve Forces for Disasters

Contact your Senators and urge them to oppose the DoD legislative efforts for activation of Federal Reserve forces, and to engage a Council of Governors to establish command and control policies of federal active forces by the governor during disaster or emergency response....

According to a June 2009 Congressional Fact Sheet, submitted by United States Northern Command (USNORTHCOM), “The Department of Defense (DOD) has submitted for consideration in the Fiscal Year 2010 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) a proposal to authorize the Secretary of Defense to order Army Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Navy Reserve, and the Marine Corps Reserve, to active duty for a major disaster or emergency.”

www.ngaus.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
ALL of this stuff about States and governors won't mean anything when FEMA steps in and turns on REX84.
The Constitution will be totally out the window as will any State control over anything, orders will all come down from Federal Government thru FEMA.
I read to whole shmeal they can take your food, water, property, as they wish.
Then they have the FEMA camps, and I saw the FEAM coffins they will accommodate at least 3 or 4 and won't have to worry pallbearers, except for one named forklift.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Yes, I definitely want to apologize if I conjectured or my questions got slung around hastily, I feel like I have a pretty good grasp of the situation now, sorry.

Hastobe:

Mine are definitely figuring that out.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well. I guess my first tattoo will be numerical. Geez we're screwed. How did this get this far?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join