It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Play Dice with the Universe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I do not know what is best for us, God playing Dice or Russian Roulette.

Russian Roulette is an 1/6 change of some thing bad happening.

Richard Stone and Rixon Stewart

“Physics has had to accept the indignity of the Principles of Uncertainty… instead of billiard ball particles like electrons, there are probability waves, instead of matter composed of particles and energy composed of waves there is light made of particles and objects made of matter waves. In this surreal sub-atomic world matter has ceased to have any solid form and has no more than a tendency to exist.” From ‘The Facts Of Life’ by Richard Milton

England’s churches are empty, their tiny congregations consist mainly of the elderly whilst the buildings themselves are looked upon as monuments – memorials to a tradition that some would say had outlived its usefulness. In its place there is a new God, an almighty God whose word is accepted virtually without question and whose name is Science.

~ snip ~

Could it be that this mysterious, puzzling world is in fact the world of the spirit – the spiritual world that saints and mystics throughout history have sought to explore and reveal?

Einstein’s famous remark ‘God does not play dice with the universe is a clue,’ because maybe God does play dice with the universe – but according to his own bewildering set of rules. The gambling analogy is quite appropriate. Have you ever been gambling with a friend and felt miserably certain that your friend would win and you would lose? The winner usually possesses a healthy joie de vivre while the loser often harbours a sombre pessimism. In a sense this is an experiment with sub atomic particles because the dice, like everything else, contain sub atomic particles and it is impossible to experiment with them without affecting the experiment oneself. Perhaps the winner ‘pleases’ the particles whilst the pessimist ‘displeases’ them.

~ snip ~

There is a similar puzzle in the field of Biology. Science theorises that lightening striking a pond full of protein molecules created life on earth. It is possible to put this scenario into a computer model, bringing together all the complex protein molecules to form still more complex molecules, ultimately building a computer model of primitive life. Something like building a Lego model of vast complexity with various components swimming into precisely the right position quite by chance. But once again, according to the mathematical laws this should never have happened, and moreover, even if it did there is no proof whatsoever that lightening would make the end product live.

So why did it happen, if indeed it did?

As Astrophysicist Sir Fred Hoyle put it, “A Super intellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology.”

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: I would say Yes God does play dice with the universe and I believe that the results are skewed and biased because of the use of LOADED DICE!

Persoanl Disclosure: God like the rest of us likes to win!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
no because GOD dosn't exist.....

what is it with people and silly questions like this....

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What an interesting question.

Yes I believe God does play with the Universe. It's His, He can play with it if He wants to.

No matter how hard I try I cannot separate God from science. I believe the two go together like peanut butter and jelly.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: I would say Yes God does play dice with the universe and I believe that the results are skewed and biased because of the use of LOADED DICE!

Persoanl Disclosure: God like the rest of us likes to win!

I take it the occams razer here would be the Lightning strike putting together inteligent life , simplest so it must be true ?

I realy dont care what people are regarding believes or flavour of foods, if we stopped putting labels on every one and every thing, things might be alot smoother, imo though !!

I read some where that the reason we find smaller things and things farther out in space, is just because wo are looking there, as the first eye takes a pic, God or the universe must present some thing to be there, or else there wil be absolutely Nothing there, if you get me drift ..

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disclosure Agent
no because GOD dosn't exist.....

what is it with people and silly questions like this....

I think people have different feelings about what God is etc.
The one presenting every thing to us, or I look upon Gods as the creators of humanity etc. Sitchin Theory or call it what you like !

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Disclaimer: As above!

Explanation: No! Occams tells me that generally ENTIRE Existence had a role in bootstrapping up life [genes] which bootstrapped itself towards intelligence [memes] with the help of the REST Existence [emergent behaviour of a dynamic system RE: Environmental feedback] and we are but a current highly functioning and efficient byproduct. Energy [of which lightning is a tiny sliver of a much larger and grander pie] is Everywhere and is the true basis of Existence, life included! This energy became IMMANENT and MANIFEST at the end of the 1st moment which we measure in planck seconds and befor this pivotal point in creation there was a state of virtualness as virtual quantum energy buzzed about between zero and one planck second in duration. At the zero point in time a non Existence resides and it abhores itself RE: NO Absences Rule
and using the laws of QM in REVERSE it breaks the tension [by commiting suicide! Don't worry it was painless as the MASH theme clearly informs us!] and the supersymetry is broken and KAPOW! Energy is BORN! normal QM takes over etc. This SPECIFICALLY means that the non Existence is truely responsible for us!

Personal Disclosure: I like to imagine that the non Existence felt naked and so knitted itself a shirt out of its long and flowing absent hair and put it on and hey presto! One Existence good to GO!

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Yea, that pretty much dont sums it up !
nice input.. !
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e8c4f47a77a.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
blasphemy
in order for you to know if you've commited blasphemy of the holy spirit you have to know what it is.....

If you'd like to know I'll tell you it's simple... Here it goes!
If you have spoken irreverently towards the:
"Holy Spirit (of GOD)"
where does the holy spirit come from? It comes from God!!!!!
It is God's Active Force.... HERE ON EARTH!
Active Force = something that is in progress!

what is in progress ? it is the establishment of Gods Character (as in Characteristics) her on earth and also his KINGDOM which has many mansions which he has prepared. every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess. Remember!!!
We as people love our brothers and sisters, we are all brothers and sisters.... You follow me!!!
The different ways that churches administer to people are all acceptable to GOD... christianity, judiasm, morman, jehovas witnesses, methodists, penticostle, baptist, nazarines, and so on etc... there are differences in administration (their policies) but the same ("LORD")..... and Diversities of Operations but it is the same ("GOD") that worketh all in all.....
These are GODS MANSIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE(" HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD") HIS ACTIVE FORCE HAS BUILT THEM ALL ("GODS MANSIONS") AND THEY ARE ALL PLEASING TO HIM.......
HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT ANY OF THEM!!!! HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD WHICH FATHERS ALL CHURCHES AND RELIGIONS AND BUILT THEM ALL FOR THE (BETTERMENT) OF MANKIND.
BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT IS UNFORGIVIBLE AND IS OUTRIGHT DISRESPECT AGAINST GOD AND PEOPLE (HIS CHILDREN)
MAY THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD REACH EVERY CORNER OF THE EARTH AND ADMINISTER TO THE PEOPLE THROUGH WHATEVER OPERATION REACHES AND SAVES THEM FIRST.

I ask Where is your Hope at? What do you hope for? What cause do you support? What sacrifice have you made to better this world? Even if you knew for a fact 100% that people were wasting their time praying and Hoping and could prove it, would you show them the proof and destroy all they have hope for? or would you incourage it because you understand what its like to be hopeless and would never want someone to lose that hope? Would it make you happy to help someone that is all alone find hope in something even if it was different than what you believe or whatever you do to get through it all? If you truly have been hopeless or lost and confused and cannot find that inner peace because of lifes trials that have some how taken the joy out of everything, and you know that you can never believe in just one thing because you understand more than the average so what do you do next.

Thats a lonely place to be don't you think? Would it not bring you joy to help the Average people find hope in something and change their life forever along with the course of all mankind for the best to eliminate constant suffering...

Would you call that selflessness?

It would bring joy atleast, If there is a God, than at the end of your life you would have an added bonus for pleasing God and being a angel, Saint, good person, whatever title you want to call it, etc.

It's a win win situation isn't it?

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
From the perspective of the light itself, everything is known with absolute prcision and all information from the eternal past is stored in the field of absolute knowledge, so God doesn't play dice I don't think, just hides behind the dice dealing a rigged game whereby all outcomes are known as they unfold, and all information gathered up into the cosmic barn.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheBellyofTheBeast

Disclaimer: As above!

Explanation: I have no hope as I peeked inside pandora's box and it escaped!

I hope for nothing as I have Achlys!

I support ATS!

Sacrifice?
None at all because I'm completely self centered and everything I do ultimately I chose and ultimately rewards me in some way! There's no sacrifice if i'm being rewarded!

No. I wouldn't destroy their "hope" as they are not my primary concern!

No. I wouldn't encourage "hope" at all but would instead encourage "understanding" and "denying ignorance"!

No. It would not make me happy but once again they are not my primary concern!

Yes I'm "hopeless" per se but I'm not lost or confused and I am at peace and I'm fully content with what is coming up next, which is to ask the OP if God plays dice then what kind of dice game would be being played?

Yep! Its as lonely as I choose to make it or not!

No, It wouldn't bring me joy to bring and end to suffering for all time and everywhere. And I don't percieve it would be for the best if I did end suffering in such a carte blanch a fashion!

No. I would call that a kneejerk response to suffering!

Joy? Title?
I don't worship Achlys for any rewards! That would be tacky and profane!

Why would I need to win against Achlys or viceversa?
I'm not in competition with her and 2ndly I'm in no way a threat to her in any shape or form!

Personal Disclosure: I dared blasphemed? Hmmm? I'm not toasty so she musn't of heard so sushhhhhhhh orz yule getz mez in trubbles!

Edited to fix emoticon.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
No, we do. God is simply a random occurance of events, of which it's power is within everything bit of space and time, matter etc, we are the dice and we roll ourselves, every choice we make as much as the keys you just hit impacts this entire world.

Destiny, or whatever is very interesting, it's like you can look at 3 doors, and you can walk through whichever one you want, but you know there will be another 3 doors.

Those 3 doors are what I call, the good choice door #1, the neutral choice #2, and the bad choice #3.

The more humans that take #3, the crappier this world will become.

=P

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
No, I don't think God plays with Dice. So Einstein is right.

However, that doesn't mean quantum physics is wrong either(what Einstein was responding to in the quote). It's just that quantum physics only appears random to us due to a lack of information.

[edit on 8/6/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheBellyofTheBeast

If you can't post on topic, then don't post at all please. Nothing you said is even remotely on topic, and I have seen that exact same post over and over from you today, as you are apparently just copying and pasting it.

At any rate, it is impossible for those who do not know the holy spirit to blasphemy it, because you must first know the truth in order to speak against it. So you don't even know what you are talking about anyway.

You already created a thread with the exact same thing. You can't just go around posting it everywhere because you think it needs more attention.

[edit on 8/6/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I am of the opinion it was less gambling and more experiment/nursery. Learning about it's self by watching the little ones grow so to speak.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
From the perspective of the light itself, everything is known with absolute prcision and all information from the eternal past is stored in the field of absolute knowledge, so God doesn't play dice I don't think, just hides behind the dice dealing a rigged game whereby all outcomes are known as they unfold, and all information gathered up into the cosmic barn.

Absolute precision dont sound like accidental or chaotic assembly, who better build a house ? an tornado or carpenters ??

If an house can emerge by it self out from sticks on the ground, we are talking miracles, again devine intervention ..

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I am of the opinion it was less gambling and more experiment/nursery. Learning about it's self by watching the little ones grow so to speak.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

Yes, God has an Ant-Farm.

What if we are in someone elses Large Hadron Collider ?

[edit on 8/8/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yes, I would like to think God, whether He, Them or They, does/do roll the dice from time to time to time.
The evidence is everywhere, in fact this is the "randomness" factor that atheists believe was what actually created the universe.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I sometimes feel like I am part of some large hedron collider, and it gives me a headache.

I think the only reason to have created existence in the first place was at the roll of the dice. Let's do this and see what happens kind of deal, ya know? Or I can build a better Virtual Game than you.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
No. What you call God is this Universe. It has no agenda, no game plan, hell, it doesn't give a hoot what we or any of it's other parts does. No dice rolling going on here folks, just an aware energetic universe coming to know itself through its experiecnes of its abilities and creations... just like we humans do.

[edit on 8-8-2009 by Tayesin]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join