It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe Satan is real?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

"Satan"is anything that is adversarial to the teachings of Christ. Satan is not an individual entity.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Ok, if you beleive Satan is real repent. If not just behave and be a good person, surely Satan fact or not is an excuse either way you look at it.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I believe that there are a lot of beings out there that would just love for you to believe that Satan is real, and that they are it.

Same could be said for God.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I cant say whether he is on Earth, but as far as i know, he exists or existed and his name is Enlil.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Do I believe a God supposedly set loose a supernatural creature upon us, with the power to tempt us 24-7 to sin, even in our dreams, while at the same time we are little monkeys who can't possibly understand God's plan?

Nope.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Of course Satan isn't real, he's just a made up character in a book used to control the masses.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
yea thats what he wants you to believe. Satan is very real and his greatest trick was convince man that he doesnt exist.
Theres lots of people out there that have no idea whats really going in life, they think were the only ones here and were all on our own. When the second coming arrives theres gonna be a lot of people dying of shock and disbelief.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DemonSpeedN
yea thats what he wants you to believe. Satan is very real and his greatest trick was convince man that he doesnt exist.
Theres lots of people out there that have no idea whats really going in life, they think were the only ones here and were all on our own. When the second coming arrives theres gonna be a lot of people dying of shock and disbelief.

What an adorable little thing you are. The greatest trick ever was the double-entendre illusion that is Satan.

Theres lots of people out there that have no idea whats really going in life

Now read what you wrote right before that.

See? You contradict yourself, if you knew what was really happening in the world, you wouldn't say something so fictitious. Certainly not the reality we currently reside in. Do you ever look out your window? What do you see?

When the second coming arrives theres gonna be a lot of people dying of shock and disbelief.

No, people will be dying of shock and disbelief because people who believe this crap are willing to kill over it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I believe I know more than most people but then again believe what you wanna believe, whatever helps you sleep night at hunny. The question is if you dont believe in God or the devil then where did we come from, who created us and where do we go when we die, and if you say aliens your even more ignorant than I initially thought.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I believe I know more than most people but then again believe what you wanna believe, whatever helps you sleep night at hunny. The question is if you dont believe in God or the devil then where did we come from, who created us and where do we go when we die, and if you say aliens your even more ignorant than I initially thought.

Believing in something certainly doesn't help me sleep nor do I lose any over how we came into existance.
It seems pretty clear, the truth usually is and the answer doesn't lie in the outlandish theories of God or Satan.
It's right in front of our faces. The air we breathe, the light our eyes receive. the question isn't who created us, it's what.
and the answer to that question is the forces around us.
We do not go anywhere when we die because we are alive only in these moments, from birth to your eventual death.
This is our one natural life. We are not spirit, we are energy. The same energy that makes up everything else.

And why do people always assume i'm going to discuss aliens like that's my thing. I don't even believe they have visited Earth, but they obviously exist because we do. I'd rather we not even call them Aliens, they are more or less the same as us in every way.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

So your one of those people that doesnt believe anything unless you can see it or touch or explain it somehow with science. Your view on other life in the universe is pretty close to the truth, if you dont believe an entity like god or the devil, do you at least believe in the forces of good and evil?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

So your one of those people that doesnt believe anything unless you can see it or touch or explain it somehow with science. Your view on other life in the universe is pretty close to the truth, if you dont believe an entity like god or the devil, do you at least believe in the forces of good and evil?

So your belief in God and Satan is due to the apparent forces of good and evil?

I understand there are things other then what we directly perceive but there is no evidence other then heresay that things of that nature exist. Science is merely the label we give a method of logically discovering the truth.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Good and evil are both man made concepts, one being as subjective as the next.

edit on 20-7-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
In my mind, the purpose of "Satan" to the Christian religion, is to provide a worthy and sufficiently fearsome adversary for the believer to "overcome" through their faith in Jesus Christ. Everyone likes to imagine themselves some kind of hero, and though Jesus does all the heavy lifting, the concept of "the devil," and the faithful's individual triumph over it -- through the miracle of salvation -- grants the believer a feeling of "forward motion" through their religious observation, faith and prayer.

To put it simply: "God" wouldn't be interesting -- in the mind of a believer personality, unless "creation" was flawed enough to include an adversary that might be overcome (the devil.)
edit on 20-7-2011 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The greatest trick that satan ever pulled, was to make mankind believe he did not exist. WHO DO YOU BELIEVE ?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I do believe that the both God and the devil are real. You cannot have one without the other.

However. I do not believe he is some ever-present, invisible, entity who whispers misdeeds into your ear. I see both he and God as beings who exist in a realm outside of the physical world we inhabit. His role is to turn us away from God through the work of his minions, or demons. These demons are still not whispering things into your ears or influencing you. They present themselves to us as emotions, feelings that pull us into action. Perhaps specific actions... I'm not quite sure... in any case they can fill you with depression so that you may do harm to yourself or others, similar to how a parasite can infect a host and mix up the wiring in it's brain to do things it would not normally do.

This is my own interpretation, however, and is not based on anything you'd read in the bible. It is my own attempt to understand what is written in the holy book. Nothing more.
edit on 26-8-2011 by aletheia because: fix spelling

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
If we say that Satan is not real, We would call God a Liar?

My question is; Has God really told us that Satan is real and is very much alive?

How many here can claim that God has spoken to them, and how do you know for sure it was God and not your own mind projecting these thoughts?

In my world of reality, God hasn't spoken a single word to any of us. Therefor no one can make any claims.

Edit to add:

It is impossible for Satan/Devil to exist if thee God is the infinite awareness "i am". (You have to have a bright mind to figure this one out)
It would imply that God him self is the Devil/Satan as well. Why would God doom a part of him self to suffer eternal suffering in a bottomless pit?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I believe that Satan is a fictional character created by people long ago in an attempt to control and manipulate the people. Well, I think that about the entire Bible,to be perfectly honest......Same with Religion in general.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by King33
The greatest trick that satan ever pulled, was to make mankind believe he did not exist. WHO DO YOU BELIEVE ?

I certainly do not believe the mortal men who wrote the book....

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The concept of evil dwells within all human beings, if only in our minds. But an evil action to one individual might not be considered an evil action by another. This all goes back into the reality of our human condition and the fact that everything in human life is subject to circumstance and point of view and or individual philosophy. The buddhists say " who can say what is good or bad" ? and the reality of the matter is that no one can. What is good for you may be evil or bad for someone else. Satan is a relatively new concept. Other cultures had their demons also but if you look at the history of ancient cultures and their religious beliefs you find dieties from older systems of belief being demonized by the new kids on the block. Essentially this is what Christianity and other monotheistic religions have been doing since the dawn of their manmade creation. So no I think it is absurd to believe in the existence of a supernatural being that has been conceptualized by mankind.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join