It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe Satan is real?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

The bible constantly refers to Satan as the god of the world. There are several ways to intepret this;

a physical entity
a spiritual entity
nature, or human nature
something else, such as money

Personally I feel the literal interpretation as a spiritual entity is probably more accurate.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

In what sense is he real? The King James version of Satan? Or are you lumping Satan and Lucifer into the same being?

Belief in something is enough to make it real.

Are demons real? I believe so. I've encountered what I believed to be demons. But how do you really know? Satan, the word, is a human creation or at the very least a human interpretation. The being itself may or may not be what our interpretation is or he could simply exist as an entity that predated the universe and assumed a role based on our superstition or religion. Who knows? Even if you met him how would you know what he really was andeven if he told you could you believe him?

He's as real as you make him. We can all make assumptions about God, the devil, Jesus etc... But how do you really know what's true and what isn't? YOu can't. Even if you met them you can be certain of what they are. So let your intellect and your faith guide you to whatever opinion you feel makes sense to you.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
he's real, and yes he can tempt our actions jus read the first few chapters of the book of genesis and it talks about it.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I didn't read any of the replies, I do have a life, although, empty. But I digress..

Yes, I do believe, that Satan is real. Some people call him god. I call him Father.

There was a time, when I was broken, as a person. Lost. The GOD, as most people, call this christian abomination. A good friend of mine, a schoolmate of years past, suggested I look up, what some people call, spiritual satanism. I was a skeptic, sure. I mean, god didn't help me. Not in the slightest. So why would the evil entity, that is Satan? Then, came the night when I was about to off myself. All I did, was ask for a sign. And there it is. I sit on my balcony and look up to the sky - every star is white or a bit yellow.. And that one - blue. Completely blue. I took it as my sign. I do realize, that it's just that - a star. When I was into christianity I never had any response. Maybe I was just desperate, but it doesn't matter. I have found something to believe in. And that's what matters. As Jay in "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" says - "It doesn't matter what You believe in, as long as You do."

As a side note, don't flame me. I know here's a lot of christians, but I'm not an enemy. I'm different, as are all of You. So, let's respect each other.

Thanks to everyone, who read through this rant of mine!
edit on 27-8-2011 by nowanmai because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
No I don't believe in satin or santa in fact any fictional character, some people need to in order to make sense of things, nothing wrong with it as long as they don't try to foist it onto others.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Satan in the original Hebrew, means "to obstruct", or "oppose", "adversity". There are no passages within the older parts of the Hebrew Scriptures where Satan is portrayed as an evil devil, the arch enemy of God and humanity. God is portrayed as committing both good and evil in the scriptures; he sent plagues, the great flood, turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt and many other instances.And read this one: Isaiah 45: 6, 7 " ...I am the Lord and there is NONE else. I form the light and create darkness. I make peace and create evil. I the Lord do ALL these things."

Job 9: 22,23 "..God destroys both the blameless and the wicked. When a scourge brings sudden death, he mocks the despair of the innocent." Lamentations 3: 37, 38 "Who has commanded and it came to pass, unless the Lord has ordained it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most HIgh that good and evil come?"
edit on 27-8-2011 by aero56 because: info

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
I go to a Baptist church on and off again and the pastor mentions Satan and demons ALOT. I was just wondering if anyone out there believes Satan is a real being and if he can tempt and influence one's actions.

Think of it like this: The Church has to keep people coming, for money, and for power, in the form of human Spiritual energy. so, they, the Church, has to have an enemy, something for the church member to fear. Religion is mostly based on fear, fear of God, fear of Satan, fear of Demons, fear of Hell.
One thing is perfectly clear though, and that is, you cannot have Light without Darkness to define at as such. A balance is necessary, or else the whole experiment would crumble to dust.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I go to a Baptist church on and off again and the pastor mentions Satan and demons ALOT. I was just wondering if anyone out there believes Satan is a real being and if he can tempt and influence one's actions.

Think of it like this: The Church has to keep people coming, for money, and for power, in the form of human Spiritual energy. so, they, the Church, has to have an enemy, something for the church member to fear. Religion is mostly based on fear, fear of God, fear of Satan, fear of Demons, fear of Hell.
One thing is perfectly clear though, and that is, you cannot have Light without Darkness to define at as such. A balance is necessary, or else the whole experiment would crumble to dust.

Couldn't have said this better, even if I tried. Thanks!

And, yeah, God should be grateful, for Satan's the one, who's giving God a job in the first place.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Sat=Truth An=Without or of that which is not. Satan is the truth of that which is NOT real. Not so much a person but an energy. Satan is an energy that creates fear, the good fear causes survival, the bad fear creates delusion and self destruction. To surrender your soul to Satan is to surrender your soul to the ultimate fear. That fear of non-existence, or worse yet existence totally alone.

Satan's mantra is as such: Em Ho Hay Na A sad Amhar. It means Bearer of the darkness, I surrender all to you, who is like a lion that devours, all that which is the delusion of immortal self-will. Reciting the mantra correctly will cause your soul to be devoured by Satan and either you will be enlightened (Nirvana, Samhadi etc) or damned (Demon Possessed). As weird as it sounds it is resonated at the same tunes that were in Close encounters of the third kind.

FWIW, The opposite mantra is Ra Ma Da Sa At Ay Oh Hum. Rama, Bearer of light; Da-sa, Power and truth; At-ay Without delusion or false attraction; Oh-hum (aum), Manifest into the material domain of existence. This mantra pulls Love power into you. Ex Satanist here btw.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
forget the devil, its the super devil you need to be scared of lol

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think Satan is like microscopic "dirt" in the brain of mankind that act as tiny intelligent thought resistors, it's dark obstacles that prevent you from seeing the path, it's the chains of our dark past, the tell-tale mess we've left behind, it's the very aggression within us that we feed and I even believe it has a collective intelligence. as real as a shadow and just as thoroughly obscuring.

subjective? sure... but it is still for the most part contrary to the path of the majority. i do feel the pages can come together so we can realize we are all reading a very similar story, but yes... i do believe Satan is real.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Are demons real?? If demons are real then Satan is 100% real. After all, Satan is supposedly a demon. Demons have varying powers just like humans have various powers. What's to stop a very powerful demon from calling himself, Satan... Before Christianity, Judaism or the Bible ancient cultures believed in demons or evil forces/entities. Whats to stop an evil force from calling himself, Satan? Satan could have been a name given in the Bible to personify an evil entity but does that mean the evil entity never existed before the Bible was written??

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

Satan in the original Hebrew, means "to obstruct", or "oppose", "adversity". There are no passages within the older parts of the Hebrew Scriptures where Satan is portrayed as an evil devil, the arch enemy of God and humanity. God is portrayed as committing both good and evil in the scriptures; he sent plagues, the great flood, turned Lot's wife into a pillar of salt and many other instances.And read this one: Isaiah 45: 6, 7 " ...I am the Lord and there is NONE else. I form the light and create darkness. I make peace and create evil. I the Lord do ALL these things."

Job 9: 22,23 "..God destroys both the blameless and the wicked. When a scourge brings sudden death, he mocks the despair of the innocent." Lamentations 3: 37, 38 "Who has commanded and it came to pass, unless the Lord has ordained it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most HIgh that good and evil come?"
edit on 27-8-2011 by aero56 because: info

And just think: all those people you mentioned had to do was obey God's law, and none of that would have happened to them. They brought it upon themselves. It's like a parent telling their child, "Don't do that, or I will send you to your room", then the child does it, and are sent to their room. The parent is not to blame. The child is, because all they had to do was listen to the parent.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Yes, even as an athiest I believe that satan is real and his name is Karl Rove. Sometimes his name is Dick Cheney and at other times it's Donald Rumsfeld, Condy Rice, etc, etc, etc...

Ok, in all seriousness,,, no. I deprogrammed myself from that notion a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Chief

i suppose it depends on what your definition of a demon is.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
lol, No.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

You didn't comment on the particular scriptures, though. Why not? Plus, , I don't know too many parents who turn their children into pillars of salt, or destroy them with plagues. How do you justify all the innocents who God killed to punish a few? And it was God who killed them, not satan. Again, refer to the scriptures I quoted.
edit on 28-8-2011 by aero56 because: info

edit on 28-8-2011 by aero56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
There is no such thing as "Satan", nor is there such a thing as "hell", these are just tools that TPTB use to confuse, scare and bully people into devoting their lives to a false, mentally restricting and evil religion. "Jesus" is your "shepard" because you are being led to the slaughter like sheeple. Wake up, there is hope for you.
edit on 28-8-2011 by Swanfilters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by King33

Who is the master of "tricks"? God is the one who created both good and evil, the LORD alone did, as he states in his words.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I tend to agree with the Kabbalah explanation of Satan which is the ego. The ego afterall creates fear, resentment, shame, greed, selfishness, conceit, arrogance etc... I could go on all day about the evils of the ego.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join