It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe Satan is real?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'm on the fence on the topic of Satan...

On the one hand, I know for a fact that evil entities/demons/jinns, whatever you want to call them, exist. I call them as a group "The Dark Side," and they are real beings. I'm always grinning about people who want to restrict them to the realm of psychology, as in "the evil that lives in every person's psyche" or something. I've encountered too many of them to think they're just some figment of our subconscious.

On the other hand, I don't know if they really have a "leader" in the sense of Satan as a personified being. If so, my vote would probably go to the "Hat Man," whom some people who've seen him have described as the devil himself.

Heidi Hollis once told a story on C2C AM, about a military guy who tried to commit suicide and woke up in a hospital bed. He found the Hat Man sitting on his bed saying, "I almost had you." If that's true, it would be in line with the lore about suicides going to hell... but really, who knows for sure?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
I go to a Baptist church on and off again and the pastor mentions Satan and demons ALOT. I was just wondering if anyone out there believes Satan is a real being and if he can tempt and influence one's actions.

The devil is very real and dangerous because he's the master illusionist and can change into an angel of light 2Cr 11:14.
He can sure tempt us to do wrong and he can influence us, even Christians are caught up in his matrix.
Here's a link to the true and scientific book called, "The devil and Karen Kingston" that proves the devil is real: (I have authenticated the authenticity of this book twice now)
hbcdelivers.s439.sureserver.com...

Also, Jesus spoke of the devil and Peter said the reason that the Son of God was manifested was to destroy the works of the devil 1 John 3:8.
Jesus believed that the devil was real and we should believe Jesus.

Thanks,
TexasTig

[edit on 8/4/2009 by texastig]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
A quote to think about...

"Satan's greatest trick was convincing man that he didn't exist."

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Lucifer was a Babylonian King who was defeated in Battle by Cyrus of Persia.

Satan or the serpent is a offhanded name for the Roman Government who the Jews were viciously fighting against Two Thousand years ago.

Just as it is today, Government is the problem. Religion is a way for people to have faith that one day that 'demon' will be cast assunder.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

I know for a fact that this is the case. On Wednesday, November 2, 2005 at about 6 pm MST, Satan, or one of her representatives, hacked my computer and offered me a Treaty and Leader Exchange. I didn't bother to read the Treaty, as the web site had some strong code, binaural beats or something, that made looking at it difficult...I couldn't sleep or eat for days after that and I think my penis shrank a little.

It's difficult to explain how I found the web site, but it used the Sony online game Everquest II as cover.

I had to throw that computer in the garbage, as I didn't want anyone to think that I had regular contact with the Prince of Darkness.

Long story short...it sent several of his minions to my home 4 days later...the first one was some Jewish guy, an African guy, a Nordic dwarf and a Spanish woman. I sent them away without what they came for and have been fighting with them ever since. I find it to be quite satisfying work.

If you thought that was weird, while I didn't know it at the time, I was married to one of Lilith's Temple Prostitutes for 3.5 years from 1993 to 1996 when we separated. When the divorce was finalized in 2006, Saddam Hussein was executed two days later; at which point I realized that Saddam was the King of Babylon and his life depended on the very union that I dissolved by the skin of my teeth.

It's been a very interesting last 3.5 years.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by IDK88]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Lucifer was a Babylonian King who was defeated in Battle by Cyrus of Persia.

Satan or the serpent is a offhanded name for the Roman Government who the Jews were viciously fighting against Two Thousand years ago.

Just as it is today, Government is the problem. Religion is a way for people to have faith that one day that 'demon' will be cast assunder.

satan was lucifer in the pre-adamic world.
Isa 14:12 says this:
"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

How can a Babylonian King be in heaven?
God was speaking through Isaiah to the devil in the King of Babylon reminding him of how he had fallen.

The book of Revelation calls the devil, the serpent and satan. Jesus calls out satan and I believe in what Jesus said.
The devil is the problem and that's why John stated that Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil. A government is not the problem, it's the people who run it and those people are ran by the devil if they don't run to God.

Thanks,
TT

[edit on 8/6/2009 by texastig]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
to not believe in satan is to call God a liar.
yes he absolutly does exist.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

he is as real as you make him, or, allow him to be.

speaking in such absolute terms sure does limit future growth. but, that is neither here nor there.

the destructive side of creation is very real and is usually what people are referringe to when they talk about satan.

this is a conspiracy site yet there are so many who believe some mortal mans written words as unfailing truth.

religions control you if you let them. however, if that is part of your personal truth (to let someone else dictate your actions using the written word and claims that it's holy) so be it.

cheers,

AA

ps- HAIL SATAN!

[edit on 6-8-2009 by anonamousantichrist]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I notice the MAJORITY of posters on here are athiest, there are even more agnostics than believers, since you asked, my personal opinion, you can call the devil by any name but if you believe in God, a supreme being of goodness, you must believe in the Devil, the exact opposite, there can't be one without the other, period. Anyone who doubts this has little understanding of the universe, to the major and even minor forces there is an equal and opposite, so yes I do believe there is anti-gravity, we just haven't figured it out yet.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonamousantichrist

speaking in such absolute terms sure does limit future growth. but, that is neither here nor there.
the destructive side of creation is very real and is usually what people are referringe to when they talk about satan.
this is a conspiracy site yet there are so many who believe some mortal mans written words as unfailing truth.
religions control you if you let them. however, if that is part of your personal truth (to let someone else dictate your actions using the written word and claims that it's holy) so be it.
cheers,
AA
ps- HAIL SATAN!

He is real. See this true and scientific online book called, "The devil and Karen Kingston".

Thanks,
TT

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
I notice the MAJORITY of posters on here are athiest, there are even more agnostics than believers, since you asked, my personal opinion, you can call the devil by any name but if you believe in God, a supreme being of goodness, you must believe in the Devil, the exact opposite, there can't be one without the other, period. Anyone who doubts this has little understanding of the universe, to the major and even minor forces there is an equal and opposite, so yes I do believe there is anti-gravity, we just haven't figured it out yet.

i do not believe most are athiest, or agnostic. they choose to find truth for themselves and not from some ancient men said.

i know i'm not athiest, or agnostic. i believe in destructive and creative forces just not in the typical judeo-christian mindset.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by texastig

Originally posted by anonamousantichrist

cheers,
AA
ps- HAIL SATAN!

He is real. See this true and scientific online book called, "The devil and Karen Kingston".

Thanks,
TT

wow, so you just really said here is a true and scientific online book and then linked me to a BAPTIST website?

i just lost 3 iq points just from attempting to read that "scientific" document.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Just another point of view I'd like to mention... a lot of peole are saying the devil/satan whatever you want to call it/him is a scapegoat for religion, a thing to scare you, or to excuse all the evil in the world...

Well I'm a believer, and this is how I see it... and you open minded ones will think I'm 'out there' heheh, there is opposition to all things, if someone has 10 demons following/possessing/tempting them, they must have 10 angels following/assisting/helping them, but these negating forces are not an excuse for anything, they shouldn't be a scapegoat or fear tactic, their existance and focus on what they do has been forever, so basically since opposing forces have been working on opposite ends forever, they negate themselves out, and if you've done something good or evil the ultimate choice and blame shouldn't be given to the evil or positive forces it was you who did it, but the more evil or the more good you do, you do align yourself with which side you choose, the frequency of your soul, whatever you want to call it, so if I do something evil, blaming the devil is an excuse created by man who isn't man enough to admit it was himself, same for good, and to those that assume I'm talking about working your way to hell or working your way to heaven, it doesn't work that way but I suppose in one way or another your going to find your direction and 'work' in a manner of speaking towards your direction/goal which is in my opinion will not result in an easy finish but for infinity, I suppose no matter how far you go you can always choose to go another direction but I think after a certain time it will be harder to do so and perhaps impossible to do so on either side, agency exists but for how long I don't know, if you can parallel the spirit world to the physical world a serial killer can only have agency until he gets caught then is limited to his agency within a cell, I wouldn't doubt such a thing can exist in some way shape or form in the spirit.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I used to beleive in god/satan...then i grew up. an invisible entity sitting high above us all laying out paths before us...or a fiery creature confined to the pits below conspiring to "trick" us into being evil...um no if you cheat, steal, lie, or murder you do it because you wanted to...not because the devil made you do it...or your just insane.

good and evil lives inside us all...it is us that chooses which one we will be. and not because some book tells us its the way to be.

an old friend once told me...find yourself within...dont let outside "dogma" influence who you are.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by twosandman]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm thinking of a great INXS song: "Devil Inside...every single one of us has a devil inside..."

I think Satan exists because I, unfortunately, shared in his rebellion somewhat thus my heart is a black, wretched, cold mess that I must continually battle with...thankfully we have the Comforter for that.

Anyway, I think if you're looking for the Devil, any skeptics inquiry into some well documented "possession" cases will leave many scratching their heads...

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

No. i don't think Satan exists outside brainwashed buffoons of the church.
Satan is a creation; a personification of all that tempt people to do the wrong thing by their fellow man, when thay instinctually know its wrong.
satan is no more fictious as is the Christian God(s).
Without the catholic church there would never be satan.
What would catholics use to force people into their diabolical network; if they didn't have the mechanism of salvation available to them??
For a supposed God of love, there is a lot of fear employed.

Good and Bad exists. If it did not, how would we gauge our experiences?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I tried watching this but it seems more like clips than episodes. Man, I feel like I am missing out

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
yes I do and I feel he is in a D.U.M.B some were either in a mountain or under a large body of water cause they thank they are safe with him like that smh @ FEAR

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
well i cant say god is real and i cant say that the devil exists what i can tell you is i think the government created the bible to keep us crazy folk inline so we dont go crazy and kill and drink amungst ourselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

""How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

================================================

I disagree. Satan (Rome) and Lucifer were two completely different beings.
As you said yourself, Isaiah is a comment towards the Babylonian King. What it was literally, imo, was a sort of 'roast' to the man who sought to decieve the nations and was eventually cast down on the field of battle.

Very poetic scripture. Much is lost in the context.

Now Satan was referred to once before and later after this point in the Bible.

In Genesis the remarks about the serpent are the, likely warlords, who deceived man into eating of knowledge (forming a civilization) and afterwards as the figurehead of Rome itself.

The serpent was always, and is to this day, Government.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join