It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Picture Worth A thousand Words?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think that Obama could have set this up! Wouldn't it look good to have the two fighting parties leave this meeting looking like the president has fixed the situation but is not so involved (and one sided that he is helping Gates), but that he shows Crawly and Gates are on better terms themselves and the president isn't involved.
If Obama was helping Gates, LIKE HE DID BEFORE THIS MEETING, it would show that he is still ONE SIDED- supporting only Gates.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Look Slayer69, they are IN step!!! Successful conclusion to a nasty affair.

How bout that? Now why can't the rest of us follow that example and just help each other descend the stairs to conformity, unity and harmony????

LOL - I'm gonna look again to see if all three of them are "in step". There could be a secret code in that!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Personally, the Professor and the Prez are both a couple of elitist racists. Prof Gates saw the oppoertunity to boost his "street cred" with his black studies class and maybe get a book deal or get on morning shows to go and play the victim.

My question is how many more powerful and influential blacks do we need before these guys stop being the poor innocent victims. It makes me sick to my stomach.

obama's first comments about the issue was that the cop " acted stupidly". Well it's apparentto me that he didn't even bother to get all the details before defending his black brother.

Now don't anyone take me the wrong way, I'm white and have black friends and i like them very much so i'm not trying to sound like a racist myself but these are very obvious things to me. If i were SGT. Crowley I would have told Gates and Obama to kiss my arse and hope they choke on their beer for trying to ruin my career and my standing within the dept. and the community and for the negativity that it brought his family.

You should be very ashamed of yourself Professor Gates, all you've taught your students ova at Harvard is how to be the poor, defenseless victim. you are the epitome of pathetic and should resign and go on a victim world tour you piece of garbage.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's alright, this thread shows that Americans are still uncomfortable with the concept of a black president.

Did ya notice? Gates had a cane in the other hand? You can't help an old man with two hands cuz it makes them feel like a rotisserie.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
get over it - the guy has a walking stick in his other hand and doesnt need help from that side.....

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
It's alright, this thread shows that Americans are still uncomfortable with the concept of a black president.

OH?

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It is when you create blogs like that, and posts like this, that you are now truly grasping for straws in a desperate attempt to try to discredit the man you clearly hate.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The whole event was a staged photo op, and poorly done, IMHO, sitting in the garden drinking beer,? give me a break,

Even the question asked at the news conference was staged, the whole thing backfired, what was intended to make Obama look like the magnanimous leader, makes him look like the racist Afro-centrist he really is.

So spew away.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
It is when you create blogs like that, and posts like this, that you are now truly grasping for straws in a desperate attempt to try to discredit the man you clearly hate.

This topic is overrun with attacks on me and have nothing to do with the topic.

You are not going to shut me up.

[edit on 093131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
How about some feed back on these topics?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obama Nazi Health-Care Plan Revolves Around Hastings, Agency of the British Crown's Eugenics Moveme

Judicial Watch Obtains Obama Commerce Department Documents Detailing ACORN Partnership for 2010 Cens

Bill Would Grant President Unprecedented Cyber-security Powers

They forced banks to make Bad Loans and Acorn and Obama's tie to all of it!!!

How Chicago shaped Obama.

Do I dislike this man.

Heck yes !!!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Look at this picture.

Obama's revealing body language

www.americanthinker.com...

I am stunned that the official White House Blog published this picture and that it is in the public domain. The body language is most revealing.

Sergeant Crowley, the sole class act in this trio, helps the handicapped Professor Gates down the stairs, while Barack Obama, heedless of the infirmities of his friend and fellow victim of self-defined racial profiling, strides ahead on his own. So who is compassionate? And who is so self-involved and arrogant that he is oblivious?

In my own dealings with the wealthy and powerful, I have always found that the way to quickly capture the moral essence of a person is to watch how they treat those who are less powerful. Do they understand that the others are also human beings with feelings? Especially when they think nobody is looking.

If overanalyzing a photo is the best you can do, Obama will likely win another election. Criticize his polices if you don't like him but this trivial nonsense only hurts the idiots who manufacture it.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Jesus Mary and Joseph.

Are there any quality control standards set for posting??

For one, WHO CARES!

Secondly, any picture can be taken out of context. IT MEANS NOTHING.

Imagine I sit outside your house and snap pictures, and then create
stories about you for the neighbors.

Thirdly, GET A LIFE.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

OP.... This photo does not prove anything at all.... how do you know Barack didn't offer his hand before they exited the place? Were you there? He may have offered his hand but the other guy got there first or maybe he saw the other guy helping him and so decided to leave offering his hand!!!

You should not assume anything from a photo but gain the necessary proof first i.s first hand witnesses!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by fleabit

This topic is overrun with attacks on me and have nothing to do with the topic.

You are not going to shut me up.

No one who supports Obama wants you to shutup. I'm surprised you would think that. Absurd and illegitimate claims like those from birthers or people like yourself do absolutely no damage to Obama himself. In fact, you bolster his image as anyone who reads your post immediately says to themselves, "Is that the best they have?" You are simply destroying your own credibility. We go out to the movies to watch comedians humiliate themselves because people tend to enjoy that.

Any intelligent and legitimate critics of Obama will undoubtedly be associated with you fringe wackos. You damage the reputation of your party every time you open your mouth.

So, please continue to speak. You're doing us a big favor. Take care.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starseed32
I totally agree!! The evidence just keeps building!

We don't know the whole story behind this picture. Remember the picture where it appeared that the President was looking at a young woman's behind? Turns out that is not at all what was going on.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

It is obvious you are only here to attack the messenger.

For you information the "birthers" have moved out of the fringe into the, 58% of people now want to see the BC.

But I am not going to argue with you.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

Originally posted by Starseed32
I totally agree!! The evidence just keeps building!

We don't know the whole story behind this picture. Remember the picture where it appeared that the President was looking at a young woman's behind? Turns out that is not at all what was going on.

Well that is true, I wont argue with that.

I just wanted to add that this is typical, I have posted many topics that I found worthy of debate and interesting, yet they mostly go unheeded, then I post this one and you all come out of the woodwork.

Where are all the naysayers on my other topics.

Nothing to say ?

[edit on 103131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I disagree.. I think I would be sicker seeing him capitolising on this by helping a crippled brother down some stairs.

I bet Gates was thankful to not endure such a photo op for Obama as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Only 30% of Americans approve of Obama’s handling of Gates episode

www.reddit.com...

Here's a good one.

Gibbs rips media for moronic coverage of moronic White House publicity stunt
hotair.com...

Imagine how dumb the coverage had to be to warrant complaints from the organizers of an event that was designed to draw coverage.

And yet — it was that dumb, wasn’t it?

We’ve actually reached the point of Obama worship where

The One’s mouthpiece has to warn the media to be a bit less fawning about his photo ops.

If nothing else good came of this, at least Gates’s daughter got a chance to meet Crowley’s daughter and then comment snottily about her overuse of eyeliner in an op-ed — a bit of jackassery that made even the lefties at TNR blanch.

More healing, please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join