It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web Bot Project Killed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Web Bot Project Killed

urbansurvival.com

One Last [Future] Jack for the Road

Some good news for a change...although just how good we don't know. It started with a strange and very short phone call from an unidentified source in Europe who said he was with an agency that is in a place to know what's going on with the advance planning for the possible attack on Iran by Israel. The caller informed us that because the ALTA/Shape of Things to Come reports run 'above chance' in their outcomes, and since some .mil types read them as soon as release, the folks in attack contingency planning have gone into much deeper target backgrou
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-7-2009 by hal4511]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I hate to see this happen but I suspect these guys were on to something .... getting strange calls. Things are starting to get really weird. Could it be that the last coulple of reports found something ??? I don't know what to think at this point ... seems the PTB don't want this stuff out there anymore.

urbansurvival.com

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
How cloak and dagger, just as they possibly stumble onto something very relevant, shwoosh!

Once you step onto the path of uncovering the conspiarcies in life, there is no turning back.

This will make them out to be Chicken Sheets.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It's really terrible. I read that article this morning on urbansurvival.com. They seem to be laying the blame on overseas websites. Honestly, as a purchaser of the reports, it seems like all of us around here that get them do not post them (out of legality and respect).

In the past I've searched for them and have not been able to find the real report posted anywhere. It all does seem a bit suspicious......

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hal4511

I'm not sure I believe anything connected to this project anymore. Their predictions increasingly have failed over the past few years and they are badgering ex-Peoplenomics subscribers to renew subscriptions while claiming they are not in this for the money.

Still, it is an interesting concept although the mounting issues with Israel and Iran are so bad that they may be more afraid that the project will do more to stir up anti-Israeli/US sentiment and kill support for the invasion than leak plans about it. Good post!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I used to read urban survival every morning before work. But reading almost an entire blog of him [snip] and moaning about the money they are potentially losing out on has left me disappointed.

[edit on 7/28/09 by CSquared288]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
One more thought: they have admitted to losing ALTA subscribers over the past year and proposed turning the reports into shorter, cheaper reports in the fall than apparently have flopped. The timeline for those I believe was in October. This smells like a fire sale. Each time they have publicly discussed going out of business they've attempted to portray it as "censorship" or a military security issue, followed by admissions that the business is failing.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Wow, they've turned into quite the crybabies over there haven't they.

"We're not getting rich from these things like we wanted to, so now we're going to pack up and go home...".

Their reports aren't being shared by overseas websites anymore than they always have. Perhaps they're losing money for the same reasons everyone else is losing money? Maybe they overlooked the "linguistic descriptors" that indicate the economy is in the crapper, and people are saving their money for things like the mortgage and food?

Ahh well. We could make a chart of potential disasters, hang it on the wall, and throw darts with the same level of accuracy anyway.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'd like to know what the heck costs $25,000/month to run.

Wow... that's a LOT of equipment. I would never have imagined it to be such an expansive operation. Then again, I've never read an actual report. Which also means I've never pirated one, either.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hal4511

I hate to see this happen but I suspect these guys were on to something .... getting strange calls. Things are starting to get really weird. Could it be that the last coulple of reports found something ??? I don't know what to think at this point ... seems the PTB don't want this stuff out there anymore.

urbansurvival.com

could it possibly be that their system was essentially "failing"
i'm bummed its ending, don't get me wrong. i think its really interesting and i'd follow it whether things "came true" or not...
but it seems if they were "on to something" we would have seen a lot more accuracy...
where is this "summer of hell?" though i'm glad it hasn't happened...well...you get the idea.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
As I posted in R.A.T.S....

"wow, they're no better than 419 scammers, they can't even get their own made up figures correct in the same paragraph, first they say $20k then they suddenly jump it to $25k and for bandwidth ? What a joke, if anything they'd save money from bandwidth if the files are being released via torrents as their bandwidth wouldn't be getting used.

They're nothing but scammers, scamming poor gullible pessimists obsessed with end of the world scenarios.

As for the apparant phone call, what a load of BS and how convenient it is now that most talk about Iran/Israel has currently died down in the media!

Please mods can we get these webbot prediction once and for all banned from ATS as they nothing but fear mongering scam artists providing constant hoaxes that people take as gospel."

Their last prediction crossed a line and they know they can't change it to something else as they made it far far too accuracte, they know it's not going to come true so they trying to come up with BS excuses why it won't come to pass.

The sad thing is, people will still believe all this crap and probably donate more of their money to keep this scam alive

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
hmmm the Golden Goose is dead someone pass the plum sauce..

Reading that article, it very much feels like money money money was the main driver, which for me pretty much kills the sensational last report, which could have been created in such a fashion as to generate mass web hysteria, which it did of course, among certain circles anyway, but which also drove people to hunt down this earth shattering report in the torrent sites etc.. people who probably wouldn't normally have bothered and who most likely equally didn't bother too much about passing it on... oh the irony.

People who pay for the end is nigh reports are vulnerable individuals (IMO) in the sense that they MUST have advanced warning of the next Spacegoatfart to wipe out the cosmos, like an addiction, which is useful as it keeps that 20K rolling in each month ..

That whining noise you can hear is the sound of their credibility plummeting to earth - people - spend your money on enjoying your life on this fabulous planet which is around you right now and not on some impending flatulent galactic quadruped.

Cheers

Berth

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't believe the Web Bot project is killed.

From what I read the Web Bot project is up for sale "only".

All I really see behind this is disinformation so that the Web Bot boys can start processing information secretly on a newer updated scale in the future after a sale of their old out dated junk, and their hope to get better information during this waiting period instead of their own information creating false information on the Internet.

There is nothing in their report that states that they "will not" pursue this same type of business now or in the future. I suspect that they just wish to update their old junk with newer stuff which is smaller, faster, cheaper and more profitable. Now all they need is a "sucker" or a group of "suckers" to help them achieve their new objective.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Please mods can we get these webbot prediction once and for all banned from ATS as they nothing but fear mongering scam artists providing constant hoaxes that people take as gospel."

My my my, aren't you presumptuous?!

As a reader of the ALTA reports, I'm in it for the entertainment value. Merely tracking their outlandish claims and seeing if anything actually ever did come to fruition. Hardly to be taken as gospel! Well maybe a handful of members, but for those people, the webbot is the least of their problems!

Why would you assume that everyone believes these reports to be fact?! I know plenty of people who, like me, simply found it to be good reading. Something to think about. Something to discuss.

In addition, suggesting that ATS ban webbot predictions is absolutely inappropriate and rather arrogant! If you don't like reading the predictions, DON'T! If you start talking about subject matters that should be banned for foolish fear mongering, well then they would just have to shut down the whole site basically! Your comments are laughable and indicative of a close-minded individual!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Well I'm sure they will be back. It's not like we haven't heard this story before! I am guessing that the reduced price of $10 a report didn't really capture as many people as they had hoped. Another publicity stunt to get more folks on board most likely.

Too bad though
. I personally like to follow it and get in on the discussions. They've had some hits recently which I found suprising. Nothing monumental but good reading nonetheless!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
They said the same thing earlier this year.

From their 2nd to last report

The various stakeholders here at HPH have been in discussion
around a blueberry pie. The discussion is about the future,
collectively and personally. Candidly, both Igor and I have
enough monies to make it through to Fall, and the [disintegration days]. At that point the data would seem to indicate money is less
than useful. So basically that is 6/six months we have remaining
before TSHTF. Neither of us has the emotional strength to pursue
another run under the current format. And there is the huge
question of "given 6/six months left, what really needs doing?".
We are tentatively planning to do a detail run and then to write
all the reports up as a single e-book, and then to release this at a
reduced price intended to just cover costs and to produce wide-
spread purchase (and reading...never know if foreknowledge en
masse can change the future, though not likely). These plans are
tentative. It will depend on how universe shoves us around over
these next weeks following Part Six.

So please do NOT send any funds for any future ALTA reports.
Let us sort things out and then firm up our collective plans.

Thanks for your understanding on this.

And then just a month later they return with a cut price version.
It obviously fooled a few who subscribed.
Sadly it wont be the last we see of them.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackieps1975
In addition, suggesting that ATS ban webbot predictions is absolutely inappropriate and rather arrogant! If you don't like reading the predictions, DON'T! If you start talking about subject matters that should be banned for foolish fear mongering, well then they would just have to shut down the whole site basically! Your comments are laughable and indicative of a close-minded individual!

The webbot hoaxes are proven hoaxes, most other predictions that fail get thrown into the hoax section of this forum, yet for some reason these webbot predictions are allowed to be constantly rehashed and reposted without any altercation from the mods here.

It's nothing about close minded, I'm one of the more open minded and level headed people on this forum so your assumptions are false, I just can't stand the constant rehashes of doom & gloom predictions by proven hoaxers to be allowed to be posted in this forum.

Like I said these webbot hoaxers are no better than 419 scammers and aren't needed here, now if they didn't charge people for their predictions then it would be a totally different story

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
In the back of my mind I still wonder if the nebulous references to "Dutch" plagiarists and the Godlikeproductions.com user who was banned for posting part six are to refute complaints that the Web Bot plagiarises other sites? There is nothing I have ever read in any report that I did not see word for word on another site first. Urban Survival is the ultimate example, it is nothing but very poorly written commentary woven around links that sometimes are second, third or fourth hand info that appears on conspiracy sites and yahoo.com. If you see breaking news on that site it will be on Ure's site in less than two days, with a conspiracy slant. Small wonder he no longer is an editor.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
Still, it is an interesting concept although the mounting issues with Israel and Iran are so bad that they may be more afraid that the project will do more to stir up anti-Israeli/US sentiment and kill support for the invasion than leak plans about it. Good post!

Israel will not attack Iran... they will try to get the US to do it for them

Israel will not be able to join the US coalition against any Arab Nation because it will turn present Allies of the US against us

To be a valid prediction source you have to be way more than 50% accurate because 50% is either it will or it will not and anyone can do that. Web bot was just wrong... they are packing up and running before the tar and feather crowd want their money back

[edit on 28-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It sure sounds to me like someone with REAL money wants to have the webbot project for their own purposes. I'm just surprised that it remained a public project for as long as it did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join