It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GPO Flowchart of Obama's Health Care Plan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I just got this link from my Rep. Ken Calvert of how the GOP drew up a flowchart detailing Obamas health care plan and guess what? The DEM's hate it because they say its inaccurate. Take a look for yourself...alsoou , the first link is kinda blurry, but there is another link in there that will get you a crystal clear pdf version.

gopleader.gov...

Now I know why Obamas plan is so costly, its not because people will be rushing out to see a doctor finally and getting all well, its because of all the bureaucracy that this bill creates!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Y'know, I don't think it really matters how you "overhaul" the health care system. As long as doctors command the salaries that they do, and medical school costs what it does, health care will remain beyond the reach of many people.

This is a societal problem, not a political one. Obama's crazy if he thinks the government can fix this problem. Health care will never be affordable while hospitals charge $80 for a tissue and $120 for an asprin. It'll never be affordable to go to the doctor when the doctor makes 7 figures a year.

You can rearrange the money trail all you want, but you can't change the fact that it's source is with the people. If you're not paying the doctor, you're paying Obama to pay the doctor, so on and so forth.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

"The DEM's hate it because they say its inaccurate"

Maybe it is?

Did you ever think that maybe this would be made to push an agenda and not really try and be informative?

The problem is that we have political parties instead of just having people with different ideas coming together for a common good.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Obama's Healthcare Plan is so simple and elegant.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

I have an idea, how about the government cuts a bunch of the redundant programs that they have that way we get taxed less and that way many more people can "afford" access?

Maybe this flow chart is "inaccurate" as drawn up, but the amount of bureaucracy it represents surely isn't. If anybody thinks otherwise needs to open their eyes.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Have it posted in my cube at work ...

Who can really argue with it?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think the root of the problem is not the doctors but the big businesses involved. We have been a very litigious society, forcing the doctors to buy expensive malpractice insurance so they can have legal help if they get sued which causes their rates to go up. In addition, the doctors have to order every test, because if they don't, and fail to diagnose something because of it, they will get sued for that. 20 years ago, a doctor's visit never included getting blood work done - today, most doctor's visits do. Paying for every test drives up the patient's cost as well. Next, there is the huge pharmaceutical industry, they are spending tons on research to come up with the next big drug, and tons on advertising to try to sell them. They are also paying companies that provide analytical data for them to crunch and determine how best to market the drugs given consumer purchasing trends. In some ways they are creating the problems through marketing and providing the solutions for those problems that they have manufactured. For example, 20 years ago, if you had restless legs, you went for a walk or drank less coffee. Today, there is a pill for it. Finally, the medical insurance companies are charging us sky-high rates and doing everything they can to pocket the profit and avoid paying out for claims. I just started a new job and was shocked to see the cost of family coverage was over $1000/month! Seriously! I've previously always worked for government or very large companies that are able to negotiate low rates; the company I am going to work for is a small consulting company and they are making coverage available, but I don't know who could afford it at those rates.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I see the Office of Minority Health listed.
Where's the Office of Non-Minority Health?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It is the ever increasing size of bloated government that makes us it's victims.

How can that many layers of what are certainly to be politically appointed bureaucrats going to 'improve' things in the long run?

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I see the Office of Minority Health listed.
Where's the Office of Non-Minority Health?

Apparently, non-minorities don't require health care oversight.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm not sure I find this chart any more credible than Colin Powell's UN presentation (charts, vial of white powder, etc.) or the 2000 Miami Brooks Brothers Riot...all contrived.

What I do find credible is the unwieldy number of different health insurance plans that passes for current medical level of care/payment I find in my doctor's office. It's like sitting down to a card game that consists of 20 different card games all blended together, each having different rules!

I swear that my 10pm visit to the emergency room after an accident was longer by a quarter, solely because the front office had to check what level of care my insurance would provide and how it would be payed for! And of course I got charged for that extra time!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here allow me. I forgot you guys like it simple...........................

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08c5fbe431ce.jpg[/atsimg]

Ooopppsss wrong chart. Sorry, I got a wide stance.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Now I challenge you to do one on the Dems and if you want a really tough job, do a flow chart on Obamas legitimacy to be POTUS.....

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Ooopppsss wrong chart.

What does this have to do with Healthcare troll?

Again, you provide nothing of substance in a lame attempt to derail the thread. Your M.O. is becoming quite obvious.

Besides, we all know that the Dem chart would not even fit on my 106" TV at max resolution.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Call me names, nice.

Speaking of M.O.:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check out the VAST MAJORITY of your threads.

I'd rather be accussed of RESPONDING to misinformation than SPREADING it.

I watched our President's Press Conference and am excited about the upcoming reform. Although I may not ALWAYS agree with his decisions, I suport him 100%.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Ooopppsss wrong chart. Sorry, I got a wide stance.

Man you could use that chart for Democrats as well. Biased some eh?

People are human....it doesn't matter if they have R's or D's next to their names....they will screw up....and frankly...it shouldn't matter what they do in their bedrooms.

What should matter is POLICY.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Call me names, nice.

Well, you are being a troll in this thread.
I noticed you did not answer my question.

What did your off topic comment have to do with healthcare?

Check out the VAST MAJORITY of your threads.

What about them?

So what if they are about Obama. What does this have to do with the price of cheese?

I'd rather be accussed of RESPONDING to misinformation than SPREADING it.

That is just it, you are not responding, you are trolling.

How is the chart misinformation? It's an official government flowchart.
You have nobody to blame but Obama.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ok guys we are getting a little off topic here, what say we get back on topic. Why are the Dems so upset that the GOP released this flowchart of Obamas health care plan for???

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
People are human....it doesn't matter if they have R's or D's next to their names....they will screw up....

I agree.

I am certain you afford our President the same courtesy. Correct?.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
How many people will that 1 trillion plus really insure? The Dems say 97% but I would expect them to lie because it is their bill.

Furthermore, where is the guarantee in black and white saying that Americans will spend less on health costs and premiums?

I can't really say whether the chart is accurate or not, but IMO a lot of bureaucracy will be involved.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join