It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: Palin implicated in ethics probe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

AP: Palin implicated in ethics probe

www.msnbc.msn.com

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An independent investigator has found evidence that Gov. Sarah Palin may have violated ethics laws by accepting private donations to pay her legal debts.

The report obtained by The Associated Press says Palin is securing unwarranted benefits and receiving improper gifts through the Alaska Fund Trust, set up by supporters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm watchign this story very closely as I like Ms Palin a lot and I loved her ideas on how to better fund schools ot deal with special needs children (as I have one) and this is just interesting, her popularity soars and now she's being called unethical and a "probe" found she may have broken some laws.

Politically motivated?????

This is just breaking so there will be more I'm sure.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Or perhaps Gov. Palin saw the handwriting on the wall and saw the ethics probe coming because she realized what she had done.

And bailed on the citizens of Alaska that elected her and "cut and run"

I don't think her problems are politically motivated. She ceased to be a threat when she resigned. Quiters never win.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's kind of funny, when someone told me she stepped down as governor, the first thing that came to my mind was "What did she do? Or what doesn't she want us to know?"

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
She's been implicated in ethics scandals since she was Mayor of Wasilla, AFAIK.

Perhaps she knew this one was going to stick.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The liberals must be terrified. They are pulling out all the stops on this woman.

IF (big if) she is convicted of something, then I will humbly apologize.

But I am going to believe that it is the liberal hate machine unntil then.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
geez why am i not surprised... im fearing the next election, well ive been fearing every election since clinton left office because there are absolutely no good choices anymore... everyone sucks. then again i also believe that jfk's assassination was a coup and we havent really elected any president since him, theyve all been "appointed" by you know who...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
imho, there should be some investigation on every person that has filed a complaint against her to search of common links. Most of these allegations are totally pointless and are designed to waste time and money to fight against them.
This one is quite odd because that is exactly what Hillary is doing - note HIllary still owes about 15 million on her campaign debts and is still taking donations.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

If she is guilty, then she should be punished. Left or right. It doesn't matter. But it is known about the smear machine that democrats have used against her. . .
see link
gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me at all. She has had red flags going all the way back to being Mayor of Wasilla. This may or may not lead to anything, but it shows that she obviously has a different idea of what "responsible" government is.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
How many strikes does she deserve? Why should she be allowed the benefit of a legal defense fund when the average citizen does not?

Certainly would explain the sudden resignation.

I suspect the only run she has left is in her stockings.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
And yet another.

cache.consumerist.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
But she's the future of the world and the people love her. Liberals are terrified of her nervous breakdowns. This is all liberal conspiracy and the overwhelming amounts of stupidity and now corruption around Palin is all a conspiracy! I cannot accept any other conclusion that maybe she's an incomprehensible moron or that she's just as corrupt as every other politician. She's gonna run in 2012 and clean up this country!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Oh Really now! 20 lawsuits to defend since she was nominated VP running mate. Now that is not political at all now is it. Concidering she had non before that.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Republicans need to kick this dumb broad to the curb. She will only drag them down. I swear to God she must be related to Joe Biden.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Why is everyone sooo concerned about Palin?

SHE'S NOT EVEN A US CITIZEN!!

Seriously!! She can't run for president, check her BC!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
At least MCcain had dignity and honour - this piece of trash wouldn`t know honour if it hit her in the face

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

But I am going to believe that it is the liberal hate machine unntil then.

Well....notwithstanding the good Mrs. Palin has done re: special needs children, as the OP pointed out....

She really just was not "Ready For Prime Time" when nominated for VP last year.

But, mike, "liberal hate machine"??

I think there are plenty of "hate machines" on the red side of the fence, thank-you-very-much!

Initials:

RL
SH
BO'R
FOX, et al (not initials...guess it'd be RM, there, as purest of evil)
AC (always irrelevant, increasingly so now, finally!)

Did i miss anyone??

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
The liberals must be terrified. They are pulling out all the stops on this woman.

Liberals?!?!? Have you heard this woman speak? My god whats wrong with our country anymore? you cant smell an idiot and a bad gimick when you see one?

I admit she is a MILF but we don't need that to run a country we need an intelligent well informed leader.

Not some PTA mom.

If I was a regular Joe republican (I voted independent) I would be offended that TPTB would think we were so stupid as to fall for the entire Duh I'm just a dumb regular person l;like you, I don't like to read either Duh.

I hope I never have to hear this painfully stupid woman speak again, it embarrassing for our nation.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by mikerussellus

I think there are plenty of "hate machines" on the red side of the fence, thank-you-very-much!

Initials:

RL
SH
BO'R
FOX, et al (not initials...guess it'd be RM, there, as purest of evil)
AC (always irrelevant, increasingly so now, finally!)

Did i miss anyone??

Uh yeah GB. I mean he's so far right he's coming back up on the other side!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join