It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

we are looking in the wrong place for et's.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
As i am sure most of u have seen the youtube video showing the size of Earth in relation to other planets and stars in the great expanse we call space.

www.youtube.com...

if we go off the size of the largest known star VY Canis Majoris and compare it to our sun our sun is a joke when it comes to sizes.. Ok so what has this got to do with finding et's... Well would we be so ignorant as to say our size (human) is universal and 1 size fits all. could our sun (in relation to other stars) be the size of an atom?

and if our sun is the size of an atom .. and a et passes by would we not be noticed ?

and still going off VY Canis Majoris if they are so big and we so so so small how would that effect time 1 million years to us could be mere seconds for them .. an instance in time ...

And still would we be so naive as to think we are the smallest? what if there are other suns smaller, the size of an atom compared to us so small we cant see but they are there does that class as a alternate dimension?

so maybe we should stop looking for the biggest things in space probably wouldnt see/hear us anyway, so we should scale down maybe look at specs of dust in space u never know could be a whole diffrent universe

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Since we haven't come across any alien lifeforms yet, it's safe to say that we don't know if our pyshical size and make up is typical or not, nor if the size of a star is relevant to the lifeforms that inhabit the planets within its gravitational system.

I do agree we shouldn't just assume that all life in the Universe is bipedal humanoid.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well i remember reading various articles of 'Tiny human-like beings' on mars and proberly the moon,

I wont post the youtube vids cause i think they are whack and i cant see what the guy can 'supposedly' see in the videos,

From what i read, they are tiny enough to sit in the palm of your hand,

Sounds a bit like bull i know, but then again anything about e/t's and ufo's always seems farfetched!

Search under rocks if you have too!

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Seeing similar beings in the same system wouldn't be entirely far fetched, as the elements within that system will be typically of the same makeup. However, in distant places where strange elements here may be in abundance there, could there be different sizes/models of life? Of course!

I do like your idea of the smaller suns. Because if the suns were smaller, than say, our planet, we may not see them, especially if they are by chance, in front of another sun already.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TaintedJustice

I am not sure i understand what your main concern/question is but,

The size of a star would probably not modify the size of the inhabitants of a planet in that solar system.

It's the size, mass, gravity, weather system and time of evolution on the planet that will.

For example 300 million years ago on earth you had gigantic dinosaurs, and it was the dominant species.

Now we still have gigantic blue whales but it's mostly an exception.

As far as your premise, that we are looking at the wrong place? i am not sure what you mean because we have to look in other planetary systems and especially for exo-planets that resolve around a sun.
all that being said,

other life forms might be simply too different that we would not notice each other, that's a possibility. No one knows yet what ETs might look alike. They could be bubbles and invisible to us or we could see them but they couldn't.

possibilities are endless, we can't assume anything, like they need oxygen either. Maybe we can find life forms that live perfectly well on a gaseous toxic and deadly planet for us.

Among the billion of galaxies out there and the even more numerous suns within them, it's quite probable tho that there are planetary systems almost identical to ours. So species that look like us is quite probable. The only problem is distance.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaintedJustice
Well would we be so ignorant as to say our size (human) is universal and 1 size fits all. could our sun (in relation to other stars) be the size of an atom?

and if our sun is the size of an atom .. and a et passes by would we not be noticed ?

and still going off VY Canis Majoris if they are so big and we so so so small how would that effect time 1 million years to us could be mere seconds for them .. an instance in time ...

Cool thinking. You should read A.C. Clarke's Space Odyssey if you haven't. He suggests some amazing things like light-based life forms.

It is really scary to imagine that the whole our universe may be nothing more that a tiny atom in something giant. And the worst of all is that you have no chance to even understand it.

Love this Simpsons intro:

[edit on 21/7/2009 by marcus33cz]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
thxs for replying to my thread(first one) and yes it is amazing who knows what is possible i would just like toknow how small can we go as a whole is an atom the smallest thing out there or is there smaller.. would love to know the average size of a star .. but i guess thats immposible to know .. for now ...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Find the caves the ETs are hiding in with their UFOs.
Anything saucer shape is a giveaway.
Search parties for ETs and UFOs and abductors and abductees should
have been organized years ago.
Or else we are up against a bunch of liars.
First it was landing circles and now beamed out crop circles and cattle.
Time to stop the Illuminati in their conspiracies.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
With all the infinite possibilities for life on other planets and how humans are so clearly tailored (or adapted) to live on this planet you know what it tells me? If another life form shows up that looks like us and can survive in our specific environment that will throw warning signs off in my head that they are NOT extraterrestrial.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

dude, the bigger the star the shorter its lifespan

VY Canis Majoris will "only" live for a few million years compared to 10 billion years for our sun.

That isnt even enough time to form planets never mind a planet with complex life.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by yeti101]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Life may evolve even in places
where the Sun doesn't shine..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d80fdbad157.jpg[/atsimg]

Don't look up.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Well would we be so ignorant as to say our size (human) is universal and 1 size fits all. could our sun (in relation to other stars) be the size of an atom?

I understand what you're saying however, yes it would be ignorant to assume all live in space would be similar to human life in size, how do I know ? Just look outside, look at birds, cats, ants, spiders, there's plenty of life on our own planet which proves to us that life varies in size and intelligence.

Size of sun could be a contributing factor, but you would also have to consider eco systems of other planets and also natural resources, there may just well be more elements on planets in other galaxies we are yet to discover and also it would be ignorant to assume that ALL life must be carbon based as what works for our planet may not be the case for other planets which may have life!

Finding non-carbon based life on another world would destroy pretty much everything we assume we know about biology and life and would mean we'd be starting at square 1 all over again in science.

I also doubt any aliens would visit our planet, due to our inquisitive nature and somewhat barbaric nature it would be likely we would hold an alien against its will and conduct scientific tests on it which may result in killing it, Sci-Fi films in this regard at least are somewhat true to reality.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
To say we are looking for them in the wrong place is to assume they are lost.

I doubt this is the case because for all we know they have been instructed not to make themselves available to us until the end of times, when Mankind is on the verge of extinction.

So it's afe to assume, nobody knows what is out there, this includes Science.

...if they are so big and we so so so small how would that effect time 1 million years to us could be mere seconds for them .. an instance in time ...

So very true.
Likewise, 2 Billions years to us could be only 6 Thousand years for them.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I like your idea.

This is how I see your idea.

Point A. an ant ooO ______________________________________point B
From point A to point B is only 15 inches and would take the ant roughly 30 seconds to traverse.

Point A. human /\______________________________________point B
From point A to point B is only 176 feet and would take roughly 30 second to traverse.

Point A. unknown ()______________________________________point B
From point A to point B is only one light year in feet 3.1038479 × 10^16 feet and would roughly take 30 seconds to traverse.

question. say our galaxy is an atom to the unknown, would the unknown stepping on us have no effect because we are that small to the unknown?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Your discussion reminds me of this commercial:
www.youtube.com...
which is perfectly on topic.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by I think Im normal

wow very nicly worded thats where i failed well done

and thxs everyone for posting and putting ure thooghts across

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Life may not even be based on carbon, let alone be bipedal humanoids. We couldn't imagine a lfieform based on nitrogen, silicon or ammonia, just because we've never seen such a thing, but I'm guaranteed that the near infinite number of planets out there, there has got to be some species existing of each.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by I think Im normal
I like your idea.

question. say our galaxy is an atom to the unknown, would the unknown stepping on us have no effect because we are that small to the unknown?

The manure on the unknown's boots might cause sun spots or an eclipse, but that's about it.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

As kid I was thinking about the same thing: what if our sollar system is actually just an atom in some other world - or what if atoms are actually small 'star systems' in their universe.

But again, we lookin' in both directions as far as we can see (nuclear microscope and huge telescope) but no ET's yet - meaning - you're wrong, we are looking unsuccessfully in both directions.

[edit on 7/21/09 by vietifulJoe]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The actual atom looks nothing like the pictures depicting them, they are mere artist interpretations of the structures of the atom which they tend to depict as a tiny solar system. So, because of this I do not think you will find little inhabited worlds there. If instead you meant tiny planetary systems as small as an atom, not an actual atom, that is a completely different story.

Since the atom is the smallest unit thus discovered by man, it would go against the current accepted scientific data, but if discovered would surely change our entire view of things.

I believe they have images of actual images of an atom somewhere online using Atomic Force Microscopes (AFM), unfortunately I think it was discussed in another online forum, to which linking is prohibited if I remember the T&C correctly, but if you do a search on Atomic Force Microscopes (AFM), you should be able to find it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join