It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[New] Apollo 13: Encounter with Secret Satellite or UFO?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JScytale

Sorry, I forgot.

My source is the one I suggested Exuberant1 in another thread, The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth.

Although they lack some photos that are available in other sites, the ones they have look closer to real photos (they do not show signs of heavy contrast, for example, and they show bigger areas) than those available on other sites.

They also have many high resolution photos, like the one from which I made the crop with the Earth (it's from the first photo in the OP).

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
GROW UP

those of us who are old enough remember the mission - and the heartache that went with it

you throw up some photo shopped images and claim its real - jea wont you get a frickin life

I hate the wanabes on this site who live in their parents basements - and have no knowledge of the missions they decry

Go back to your Wii and PS2 leave the space missions to professionals and adults - maybe one day you will grow up to be one and maybe achieve the qualificaions it takes to be a member of NASA

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Sorry, I forgot.

My source is the one I suggested Exuberant1 in another thread, The Gateway to Astronaut Photography of Earth.

Although they lack some photos that are available in other sites, the ones they have look closer to real photos (they do not show signs of heavy contrast, for example, and they show bigger areas) than those available on other sites.

They also have many high resolution photos, like the one from which I made the crop with the Earth (it's from the first photo in the OP).

I'm genuinely curious - is this a touched up or reprocessed image of the original? It has the same catalog number, shows the same things etc, but it has a much higher resolution, an unusual blue tint to the black sky, and white noise in the background. It looks to me like it was run through an image processing program to extract as much detail as possible.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale

I'm genuinely curious - is this a touched up or reprocessed image of the original?

They can be found here.

This is where I saved the images from:

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Just work your way up from here.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

I'm genuinely curious - is this a touched up or reprocessed image of the original?

They can be found here.

This is where I saved the images from:

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Just work your way up from here.

that doesn't answer my question. I already linked the originals.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

Why do you act like that?

Photoshoped images? They are available in a NASA site, are you saying that NASA photoshoped the images?

And what is the problem with younger people, do you feel better than them just because you were born before them (something neither of you could change)?

I suggest you keep calm, and if you have something against the thread, call a Mod.

If you have something against the opinion presented in the posts, talk about that, but behave like an adult.

If you have something against the poster, tell it privately, avoid his threads or put him on your ignore list, someone that is an ATS member for as long as you should show to the younger members how to behave.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I'm not the one you need to worry about.

I'm not the one who fails to give proper sources (this isn't the first time is it?)

And I'm not the one who chooses to omit parts of their evidence to make their case stronger.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Note that you can "request" a high resolution version. It makes it very obvious what you're seeing.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

The images are saved from the site I just linked you to.

They were then uploaded to ATS.

*If you want to just come out and accuse me of manipulating the images, feel free to do so - But I will file a complaint, as you will be lying.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

spooky - you posted a blurred pic

and in supposed to infer just what ?

FOR GODS SAKE GET A GRIP

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

you're talking about exuberant here.
anyone with half a brain who has ever read one of his posts or theories doesn't take him seriously.

Yet all these people with only half a brain are here in his threads picking on the puppy. One has to wonder about that in light of your comment...

SUBJECT: UFO CREW RESCUED APOLLO 13 FILE: UFO3372

According to a top-secret report, the crew of the crippled craft were actually rescued by a UFO!

The astounding revelation was brought forth by a former NASA insider who's been hiding dramatic proof of the 25-year-old cover-up.

He decided to release the information at this time because of recent publicity surrounding the near-fatal mission.

"The men of Apollo 13 were sent back to Earth by friendly extraterrestrials who were watching over the entire space program," says the source, who left NASA several years ago. Before he did, he smuggled out top-secret documents.

"When the aliens found out the mission was in jeopardy, they contacted the astronauts who were behind the moon and not able to communicate with mission control on Earth.

"NASA authorities were contacted later. From there, they were able to operate in secret with the help of the aliens."

Apollo 13 astronauts Jim Lovell, Fred Haise Jr. and Jack Swigert were forced to abort their scheduled moon landing when an oxygen tank exploded aboard their craft.

But it was feared they would be marooned in space some 200,000 miles from Earth because they were rapidly losing oxygen and other supplies from the blast.

www.book-of-thoth.com...

Oh I love this one....

Interviewer: They say that the American astronautswho had landed on the Moon ha d to make a small explosion in order to cause an artificial moonquake, but that they failed to do this. A mysterious blast on board the ship broke an oxygen cylinder. It might have been caused by a flying saucer observing the ship, so as to stop an experiment which could have destroyed bases set up by extra-terrestrial civilizations on the Moon. "What's this? What'sthe matter, damn it? I should like to know the truth, what is it? There are other spaceships here!" Armstrong is alleged to have shouted upon seeing several UFOs on the other side of a crater. But Aldrin saw at once what the matter was and started communicating with the Earth in a secret code. Later, all information about the incident was made secret by the Americans. There is talk about other cases of cosmonauts seeing UFOs. Special emphasis is laid on the fact that the first four or five hours of one of the crews' stay on the Moon remain a mystery--what the astronauts did during that time has not been made public.

and also has something on Apollo 11

Fate magazine, in editor Curtis Fuller s column "I See By The Papers" (November 1970), examined the stories and concluded: "There seems to be pretty good evidence that Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong. and Michael Collins saw something that hasn't been made generally known--something variously reported, ranging from mysterious lights to formations of spaceships!"

The authenticity of the Apollo 11 sightings has been vouched for by testimony attributed to CBS TV news anchorman Walter Cronkite. In an interview with the National Enquirer, conducted by reporter Robin Leach, Cronkite gives this account: "En route for the world's first moon landing, Armstrong and the crew transmitted some earthshaking information, and I was there to hear it for myself."

Cronkite continued: "Armstrong claimed to have spotted a huge cylindrical object which was rotating or tumbling between the ship and the moon. It's officially recorded in the NASA record vaults that Armstrong indicated he went to take photographs but the object vanished as quickly as he'd first seen it. Neil Armstrong is not a man given to fanciful imagination and it wasn't just one of the crew that saw it -- they all did, and you have to respect those men."

Seems these cases are of serious interest to some here, Right Jim Oberg?

www.debunker.com...

Nice piece BTW I love the transcript on the Moon...

Catchy title...
"Phantom UFOs of Apollo 11"

Mind if I reprint?

[edit on 18-7-2009 by zorgon]

link   

I don't know what the process was (but I don't think they are photos taken of a projection screen
), from what I know they look like high resolution scans of real photos, without any special treatment.

The photos on the LPI, for example, show a high contrast that may (and usually does) destroy some of the detail.

PS: the noise is common in high resolution scans of photos, if you have a scanner you can try for yourself, the scanner amplifies the photo, but the photo was not made to be seen that close, creating that "noisy" look.

PPS: don't expect me to answer any more posts in the next hours, I have to sleep sometime and it's already 02:08 here in Portugal.

link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

when did i accuse you of manipulating the images?

it should be plainly clear that I am saying NASA retouched old images to make them more clear and defined. They have done this before and labeled it as such. For example:

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

a "blurred pic" from a NASA source which shows the exact same image before being processed. the blue tint hints towards image restoration.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

dude, start using credible sources, it will help you seem credible. the book of thoth?!?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Pal I am an adult - and have been here longer than you

Love the Deny ignorance strap line - perhaps you might practice it

In 2003 and before it was actually our mantra rather than some strap line and we followed it

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Oh and FWIW I dont need you telling me how the site works or when i need to call a mod or not

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Silk

why are you getting so defensive?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

why are you getting so defensive?

Pressure

So tell me if there is NOTHING to this Apollo 13 UFO theory why on Earth did all the regular skeptics including Phage ArMaP and Jim Oberg swoop in so fast to denounce it?

Surely prudence would say "Oh this is crap... let's just ignore it and it will fade into obscuriy"

But with so much skeptic activity on the thread giving it a life all its own... it means either;

A) your all bored and have nowhere to hang out

or

B) there really IS something here to look at

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

So tell me if there is NOTHING to this Apollo 13 UFO theory why on Earth did all the regular skeptics including Phage ArMaP and Jim Oberg swoop in so fast to denounce it?

Well those accounts involving UFOs certainly do put some new perspective on these pictures...

And you are right about the skeptics - they wouldn't all be here if there wasn't something to this.

You know what they say about catching flak and being over targets...

Edit: I don't think I have ever made a thread that Jim Oberg didn't visit.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join