It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[New] Apollo 13: Encounter with Secret Satellite or UFO?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I guess photography skills wasn't high on the priority list for becoming an astronaut.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I guess photography skills wasn't high on the priority list for becoming an astronaut.

Indeed.

Just look at what happened with the camera during Apollo 12....

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

you ought to fix your sarcasm detector. they made a point to make every astronaut on the apollo missions extremely familiar with their cameras, to the point they took their cameras everywhere they went before the missions snapping pictures.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale
.... this all took place "after the accident" as you said - which took place in transit, not in moon orbit.

In that case, wouldn't the Apollo have filled the local sky with pieces off its exploded segment?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
Pal I am an adult - and have been here longer than you
Yes, you have been here 10 months longer than I, that is true.

Love the Deny ignorance strap line - perhaps you might practice it
Every day, can you please tell me where did I ignored it, so I can learn from my mistake? Thanks.

In 2003 and before it was actually our mantra rather than some strap line and we followed it
I have been trying to do that since I joined ATS (and during my whole life, even if it's shorter than yours, you haven't published your age or birth date), but don't you think that accusing someone of posting fake photos without having any real proof of that, implying that other members "live in their parents basements" (what was your real intention with that description?) and telling them to "leave the space missions to professionals and adults" is a little on the ignorant side?

Don't you think that we should always give the benefit of the doubt to people that we do not even know? Just because someone interprets the same information in a different way does not automatically mean that they are wrong and we are right, or that they are just children and have much to learn with us "grown-ups", it just means that they have a different thought process that may be helpful in some ways, even if they are completely wrong in this case (as I think Exuberant1 is).

PS: being an older member and knowing how this site works you should know that the owners and Mods want us to be polite to each other, and you could have presented you suspicion about Exuberant1's age, intent and way of living in a different way, just that.

PPS: sorry everybody for this off-topic post, maybe this will be the second time I have an off-topic post removed.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
So tell me if there is NOTHING to this Apollo 13 UFO theory why on Earth did all the regular skeptics including Phage ArMaP and Jim Oberg swoop in so fast to denounce it?
Because I saw it on the recent threads list, I limit my activity to the threads I see in the Top 8 threads of each forum I subscribe and to those threads to which someone asks me to participate, and because I had something to say about it.

Surely prudence would say "Oh this is crap... let's just ignore it and it will fade into obscuriy"
I don't do that, unless I see that someone already said what I was going to say, I always post in a thread in which I think I can add something new.

But with so much skeptic activity on the thread giving it a life all its own... it means either;

A) your all bored and have nowhere to hang out

or

B) there really IS something here to look at
In my case it was option A).

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

but it is there and it did attract the attention of the crew; they took several images of the "UFO" until more appeared.
(this is not something they would have done if it was a reflection of a light in the porthole...)

*sigh* how much spare time do you have?!

These are clearly lens flares or reflections. I like how you try to convince yourself that you are seeing solar panels and moving objects that appear from nowhere. Surprisingly just like reflections would.

The crew are taking photos of the Earth in every shot. They are not aiming at anything else. The reflections appear to move because the camera moves between each shot. It's not great photography in some photos, but maybe he rushed the shot because he had other more important tasks to do. That's all it is... really.....
This seems the most likely explanation and anything more is wishful thinking.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Maybe it would help Exuberant1 if he saw a picture of a typical lens aperture:

He could then note the pentagonal shape. He could compare that to the enlargement Chadwickus provided, showing the pentagonal shape in the "UFO" images....

Maybe then we would have some understanding......

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

blobs, eh? And blurry ones at that.

What you've got there is........

.......... nuttin'.

Unless you've got some context: ie mission personnel citing these particular objects as noteworthy for some reason.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That Walter Cronkite UFO story you cited earlier is supposed to be made-up. Pretty sure I read that on ATS today. Read it somewhere, anyway.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well most likely somewhere on ATS you will read every thing is made up

The skeptics say the believers majke stuff up, the believers say the PTB and NASA make things up.. Maybe someday we will know what is and what is not...

But I doubt it

Yet we are all here looking aren't we?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

There is an interesting chapter in an incredible book by Jim Marrs " Alien Agenda" proposing information from NASA insider : Apollo 13 was a mission to destroy alien structure(s) via small nuclear devices. These structures were explored and filmed by Apollo 11 crew. Information, if obtained by Russia, China or any other country with means to explore and exploit, would be very detrimental to the status quo power of American interests. Basically we were stopped by "peoples" (possibly extra-terrestrial) protecting their interests on the moon. The astronauts were lucky to return with their lives.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
in the mid nineties myself and a few friends collected as much space footage as possible on vhs. this ranged from the early mercury flights up to the shuttle missions. the soyuz up to mir were also shown. the channel in question if i am not mistaken was called beyerundfunk? a number of pieces of footage caught both my eye as well as the others. one that sprung to mind when i caught this thread was an incident in the cargo bay of the shuttle. i think this will ring a note with a few individuals out there whereas the rest will question what i am about the write. inside the payload bay was an array of equipment with mcdonnel douglas written all over it. the astronaut egresses through the air lock and the soft cover, he proceeds towards the payload and then wham! it appeared to me that he became unconcious. his movements where that of a limp person being manipulated. as far as i could gather he was turned around and sent back to the air lock. please respect the fact that this particular wedge of footage was viewed by myself and others hundreds of times before a consensus was reached that the astronaut was not in control of his actions and that something guided him back to the airlock. i am convinced there are persons out there who are in the loop regarding this. maybe they are retired now, laughing and shaking their heads at what i write! to the rest of you, whether you believe me or not is quite irrelevant. i am sure all will be revealed in good time.
regards fakedirt

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

can you please post the videos? i know they are on vhs. its not too hard to transfer them.

i would love to see the vids you have.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by luciferxe

hi luciferxe
one of my future ambitions is to convert the vhs footage to digital format. my wife bought me a converter last crimbo to do this. at the moment i am running a business and building a workshop so it wont be any time soon. but hey! i am in this for the long haul so stick around and after i get my head round the process of transfer and then to upload i will build the thread. i think there was a lot of people in the uk who watched this footage as it was called 'space night'. although it seems to have originated from germany. there was also footage of at least one german astronaut who went into orbit aboard the shuttle with an experimental container housed in the payload bay. at one point he released what looked like a small amount of orange juice which floated around. he then used an implement with two arms on it and centered the juice between them. the globule of juice then oscillated and turned into a cube shape and then to other complex geometrical shapes. furthermore they had a track running the length of the payload container which he sat on and donned what looked like a v.r. helmet. he then began to move up and down the track perpendicular to the axis of the track at a slowish speed. quite bizarre when i first saw this. we at the time speculated that the helmet could have contained two different viewfinders hooked up to two outboard cameras at a fixed distance from each other. the reason? my initial speculation was to allow the user to see anything that was cloaked and invisible to normal perception. the user then removed his helmet and another astronaut placed a camera over his eye. the eye looked strange as if the centre was swirling. there must be at least a handful of people who watched 'space night' on here. hopefully we shall see a show of hands.
regards fakedirt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join