It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Jihad Group Holding Convention This Weekend In Chicago

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Kram09

My opinions and belief about islam are primarily based on my
judaic-christian background.The muslim world presented to me
is not the same you know of.
I would never burn a copy of the quran.A shipment of christian
Bibles were confiscated and burned by muslims.
I would never burn the American flag.The muslims in the middle east do.
I would never bomb a vehicle.The muslims do and then drag out the
charred remains of one of our guys for public display.
I would never teach children to hate anyone.The muslim leaders incite
their followers to hate america and israel.
I would never behead anyone for my beliefs.The muslims do
I would never fly a plane into a building.The muslims did.
I have had 2 grandsons' fighting overseas in Iraq.
This is the islam I have been made aware of since 9/11!no other...

Fair enough.

However, where are you getting these statements from?
Bibles were confiscated and burned by muslims? Where and when did this happen? I am not saying it didn't, i am just asking. Also if it did happen, did it happen over a wide area or was it just some localised event?

It seems to me you're equating all muslims with extremists.

Also i don't mean to offend you, but what have your two grandsons fighting in Iraq got to do with anything? I perhaps could understand if you said Afghanistan, but you said Iraq. Iraq was invaded by the United States, because they believed they had WMDs, which, as i have made clear in a previous post a couple of pages back, they did not. Iraq did not attack the United States.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Also please could you elaborate on your judaic-christian background?

Just so i can understand, more where you're coming from.

It's a bit of a vague statement for me personally.

I don't want to assume your judging another religion on the basis of your own.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Your over generalizing there is moderate numbers there is turkey for example they are trying to modernize Islam. For example they have even banned the wearing of burkas.But this in more the exception then the rule right now. But you cant generalize there is currently 3 countries that promote strict adherence to the Koran. Syria,Jordan and Saudi Arabia there brand of Islam is dangerous. By the Way notice Iran was not on the list about 90% belong to the Shi'a branch which is currently going through growing pains and in a another decade will be drastically different than Sunni.

Most Americans are more familiar with Sunni mostly because of Saudi Arabia and at least in my opinion is the most back wards of the Islamic interpretations.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

There are about fifty countries in the world that recognise Islam as the state religion or that Muslims make up the majority. However you focus on the few that are next door Israel or Israel is fixated on attacking. There are other countries where there are large minorities of Muslims. Further to this, Muslims are made up of all races and cultures.

While your comment largely orients itself around what you feel, your analysis is disjointed and littered with emotive statements of what you consider to be modern and what you declare is not modern.

The subject matter you are trying to attend to is far more complex and extensive than what you are capable of grappling with. While Iran has the majority of the world's Shia, you fail to recognise that Syria is also largely Shia and Iraq consists of a population of Shia that makes 30% of the country.

Many Muslim countries are in the poverty belt south of the equator while others are highly developed. Case in point is the technologically advanced Malaysia of roughly the equivalent size of Israel yet is far more successful without getting an iota of US taxpayer's money to subsidise a thing.

I agree many Muslim countries in Asia Minor are economically backwards but it is largely due to the savages the Europeans have spilt on their doorstep.

Another Muslim majority country that routinely out strips the Israeli economy over the past 40years is the Lebanon which unfortunately adjoins the pirate state you support. Israel routinely invades and destroys the Lebanese infrastructure every 15 years, roughly the period it takes to overtake the Israeli economy. Focus of aerial bombardment by Israel are often power plants, public transport hubs, central business districts, refineries and tourist centres.

You routinely make sweeping statements of a world religion as if you are addressing a small community of people sitting around to be demonised by the likes of you. You also take advantage of people who have no interest or information on Islam to spread your disinformation and distortions.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Earlier, I made a comment about Bibles having been burned by muslims.
Bibles were indeed burned,may of this year.The Bibles were printed
in the local language to be used to help convert muslims to christianity.
The Bibles were burned by our military to appease the local authorities.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wow, now we are allowing this to happen on our soil, hmmm seems like a matter of time till we have suicide bombers blowin up like popits on the 4 of July all over this country. I am all about fairness but not when it comes to nutjobs that believe it is ok to kill innocent people.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Before going crazy about talk of the "Greater Jihad", you should learn what it means.

Greater Jihad

Within Islamic belief, Muhammad is said to have regarded the inner struggle for faith the "greater jihad", prioritizing it over physical fighting in defense of the Ummah, or members of the global Islamic community. One famous hadith has the prophet saying: "We have returned from the lesser jihad (battle) to the greater jihad (jihad of the soul)."

Greater Jihad

I welcome this group to wage the Greater Jihad.

But the truth is, al Qur'an supports the Lesser Jihad, making it a perfectly legitimate action.

"9:111 Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain."

From al Qur'an, Sura 9:111. Does that number, 9:111 look familiar? In the US we usually write it 9/11 or 9/11/01. Coincidence?

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Masonwatcher, would you mind terribly naming some of the countries that are primarily Islam, other than the one's we all commonly know?
I know there are many, but I'm not sure what they are. Seems like you might know many of these off the top of your head. If you don't mind.
If it's too much trouble, I'll try to look into myself. (getting sleepy, and lazy I guess).

Peace,
liw

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I am not so sure but i thought Indonesia had the largest muslim population in the world.

But i might be wrong.

I was aware of Malaysia too.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
Earlier, I made a comment about Bibles having been burned by muslims.
Bibles were indeed burned,may of this year.The Bibles were printed
in the local language to be used to help convert muslims to christianity.
The Bibles were burned by our military to appease the local authorities.

Do you have a source for this?

In your previous post you said the bibles were burned by muslims.

Now you say they were burned by your military?

Also what country was this?

I would like to ask you a question, if i may?

What would your reaction be if there were a shipment of Korans in the United States, to help convert christians to islam?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I have found a website here which has a list of Islamic countries.

Islamic Countries

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

The United States military burned the Bibles in Afghanistan.I was
correcting my earlier error.
I am an american!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Okay thanks, i just wanted to clarify that.

But you haven't provided a source, so unless you do i am not going to believe you.

But at least you managed to actually answer one of my questios this time.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

AGAIN YOU WANT TO RIDE IN ON YOUR WHITE HORSE AND SAVE ISLAM!
You do realize that population of a country and who runs the country are different don't you or does it shock you to find that out? Second no one mentioned the horrors of Israel that you continually tout every time you want to deflect a topic.And your facts are usually misleading or wrong come on man pick up the game. And stop trying to bash Israel quite frankly not many Americans really care what happens to Israel.Playing the game of its OK to do this because what the other person does is still wrong you know.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I apologise.

I have looked and just found an article about this.

Military burns bibles sent to troops in Afghanistan

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I don't know about Israel bashing, but i think he has a point in regards to Lebanon, as that is what he was refering to.

I was about to mention it myself as i started reading his comment, then i noticed he had mentioned it.

I was going to say that each time Lebanon seems to build itself up, Israel bombs it.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
any religion that inspires people to kill or hurt others if they do not believe, is a fake religion...no "god" would even hint, let alone believe, that hurting other humans is somehow good. this type of weak, arrogant, and facist type of thinking only belongs to fellow humans.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

There is a church, near my home church,that has it's own printing
shop.Once a month,volunteers from our church,help out in the shop.
We print out copies of the Bible,New Testaments and other scripture
materials.These Bibles are printed, in all known languages,then shipped
out overseas.
These Bibles would be given as gifts to our soldiers or for missionaries
to give to new converts.
I had also read that a shipment of Bibles were burned,in 2008,by a group of orthodox jews.
The christian Bible is outlawed or banned in many countries.A christian,
travelling abroad,can sometimes be jailed for practicing their faith.
The christian faith does not force anyone to convert or join.We all have
the freedom of choice.God does not force us to worship Him.He wants
us to choose to worship Him.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Okay, i understand.

Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The following table shows the 50 countries with the highest percentage of Muslims.
Country % of Muslims Muslim Population
Mauritania 99.9% 3,083,772
Maldives 99.9% 348,756
Western Sahara 99.8% 272,461
Somalia 99.5% 8,548,670
Turkey 99% 68,963,953
Iran 99% 67,337,681
Algeria 99% 32,206,534
Afghanistan 99% 29,629,697
Yemen 99% 20,519,792
Tunisia 99% 9,974,201
Oman 99% 2,971,567
Comoros 99% 664,534
Djibouti 99% 471,935
Morocco 98.7% 32,300,410
Iraq 97% 25,292,658
Libya 97% 5,592,596
Pakistan 96.35% 156,491,617
Saudi Arabia 95.7% 25,281,642
Tajikistan 95% 6,805,330
Jordan 95% 5,471,745
Qatar 95% 819,898
Senegal 94% 10,459,222
Azerbaijan 93.4% 7,389,783
Egypt 91% 70,530,237
Mali 90% 11,062,376
Niger 90% 10,499,343
Gambia 90% 1,433,930
Uzbekistan 89% 23,897,563
Turkmenistan 89% 4,407,352
Indonesia 88.22% 213,469,356
Bangladesh 88% 127,001,272
Syria 88% 16,234,901
Guinea 85% 8,047,686
Kuwait 85% 1,985,300
Bahrain 85% 585,093
Palestine 84% 3,159,999
Kyrgyzstan 80% 4,117,024
United Arab Emirates 76% 1,948,041
Lebanon 70% 2,678,212
Albania 70% 2,494,178
Brunei 67% 249,481
Sudan 65% 26,121,865
Malaysia 60.4% 14,467,694
Sierra Leone 60% 3,610,585
Burkina Faso 55% 7,658,922
Chad 54% 5,306,266
Nigeria 50% 64,385,994
Eritrea 50% 2,280,799
Ethiopia 47.5% 34,700,310
Kazakhstan 47% 7,137,346

www.religionfacts.com...

This list does not include countries with large Muslim minority population such in South America - Surinam, Guyana were populations are over 40%.

Map of Muslim populations

en.wikipedia.org...:World_Muslim_Population_Map.png

This map from Wiki is some what inaccurate in that it fails to include the 140 million Uighers in China and the 120 million in india in percentage terms. The also numerous other countries were there are populations of 10% or less.

There are a few facts to consider; Islam is a world religion perhaps the most practised in real terms and not in name, there are between 1.5 and 2 billion Muslims in the world, Muslims are from all races, societies, cultures and economic zones.

Right wing, born agains and zionist critics come across as small minded and ignorant when they make their sweeping statements about Muslims; easy to do when you pick at the bones of a body of 15

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join