It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Crop Circles are Man-Made!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

Well maybe he has a point. Maybe our new military plan is to divert the enemies attention to some cool looking crop circle while we get them from behind.

I wonder whose job in the military it would be to come up with new designs? I would like that job.

However, they should fire the guy who decided to just start throwing up crop circles all over, what was he thinking. Did he not get the memo that the military has protected land all over the place to experiment with new stuff.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

You would do it for fun would you.. and do you have a job? Would it be feasible for you to stay up all night for 9 days while going to a job during the day so that you may "enjoy reading the discussions about my crop circle on ATS"? Doesn't fly. The "amateur" explanation you are pushing just does not make sense. The claim that "oh people would do it because it's fun and people are fun and creative" is not proof that all are man made, nor is it even a sound argument. Your likening the artists who created the circles to graffiti artists. Rather organized graffiti artists aren't they? So I'll ask again, if you could provide me with a plausible motive, that would be lovely..
The funny thing is, you think your theory is more plausible but it too would involve a rather intricate and persistent conspiracy. One that is essentially a money pit for the "people" perpetuating it.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have to agree with the levelheadedness of the OP. Yes, it seems a little holier-than-thou, but as a society, we have gotten to the point where when someone uses what used to be common sense, they are often called arrogant and close-minded. The truth is usually more mundane than many want to think. The opposite is true as well, but far less frequently.

We know crop circles have been made by humans. We know humans exist. We cannot prove they all are made by us. But to require absolute proof no matter the weight of evidence (on either side) is often an exercise in futility. There are times when proof is available, and necessary, and times when proof is unavailable, yet still necessary. The more incredible the claim, the more convincing evidence we need - up to and including real proof.

It is a logical conclusion that we make all the crop circles, considering the evidence. Alien visitation is a great subject, and may be true. But the weight of evidence in this clearly points to a more earth-bound cause (if we do not start our investigations with a presupposed faith that people are unreliable, mischievous liars or religiously rabid alien apologists...)

reply to post by MacATK18

I understand what you're trying to get at, but I think the analogy of the sun and its power and our replication of it and all that shows not only a lack of scientific knowledge, but a clear desperate attempt to make an argument for something apart from its own merits. This link may help. It explains how we use fission (not fusion) to create power.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

You want to believe the alien explanation so hard that you refuse to believe that people would do it..
And people do have weekends off and some don't have to work every day.

If you don't like our suggested motives then why not e-mail the circlemakers themselves? They would gladly reply to a person who doesn't believe that they make circles.

There is no point in proving it to you. That will not make you less ignorant..

Edit:
I don't know what your problem is. The circlme makers exist. They've admitted to making circles and even showed us how they are done.. Why are you still chasing after the motives? If you don't get your answer then it won't make the circlemakers disappear.

[edit on 5/7/2009 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
All the facts point towards them being man made, why do people try to see things that aren't there? The reason people still create crop shapes is because when they do lots of attention is given to them. I would bet that if news of crop circles did not make it into the usual media outlets they would suddenly just stop happening altogether.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
No, not like grafitti artists. Those have to pull off the same thing in the middle of a city, and in most countries face higher charges for vandalism than you would get for walking through some crops (trespassing it would be i guess) Crop circles are actually easier than graffiti

Also: You can only make crop circles in summer, and a lot of business tends to slow down in summer, so you got the whole of spring, autumn and winter to work.

And i don't want to attack you but i have to say it: I think it is kinda sad that you think nobody would do anything if it costs them money and they don't get anything out of it. That just isn't true and i think we should be glad that it isn't.

Sidenote: (The military communication thing i read in another thread is kinda funny too: "Jenkins, write an email to the 33rd. Tell them to get into a fighter jet, we got a crop circle for them at x/y)

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by obilesk

I was trying to give an example and, thank you for nit picking at the details instead of grasping the analogy, flawed or not. I took physics in university and know quite well the differences between nuclear fusion (nucleus FUSING together) and fission (nucleus FISSURED, or SPLIT). I don't even know what your getting at? I was trying to give the example that yes, we can produce the crop circles just as we can emulate the suns ability to produce energy from nuclear reactions, so surely the fact that we CAN is not the only basis for your arguments.. I'll admit it was a #ty example. Anyways this is truly an exercise in futility. We can go on all day about the fact that yes, there is more evidence for human origins than there is for an alien origin. And then I would say NO SH1T. We live amongst humans, and we can't get the input of "aliens". Furthermore it is clear that the human aspect will get MUCH more publicity and popularity, regardless of the facts, because of our egocentric tendency to assume that man is the reason for everything.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I'm the ignorant one for not just assuming the first and most obvious explanation that was put forth by a main stream media that has been proven to have lied in the past, especially on the amazing subjects with far reaching implications? Indeed, recheck your definition of ignorance and get back to me. Oh I guess I should insert a smiley face here to add comedic emphasis to my point right? That's how the cool kids do it right?
Where's the one that's puking?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Sorry if that was nitpicky.
Actually when I first read your grafitti comment i thought "Grafitti is done in crews too" And then I reailized that grafitti is atually harder, more dangerous and less rewarding. And still people do it.

If you took physics in university you should know that adding variables to an explanation is one of the big scientific Nonos. We don't need flying spaghetti monsters to explain crop circles. We can't think of a reason for flying spaghetti monsters to make crop circles. Why do we add them to the explanation?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Why involve the media in this? We don't get these crop circle news from mainstream media.. The don't use aliens as an explanation because it's ridiculous. No aliens have been caught making a crop circle but humans have been. Humans have come forward and say: "Yes we did that circle", aliens haven't. Aliens have been proposed for an explanation because people couldn't explain them. Just like in the ancient times people didn't know why sometimes the crops were good and sometimes bad. They "blamed" gods for it. They created gods because they couldn't explain the nature. Same is happening nowadays but the gods have been replaced with aliens.
You're ignorant because you haven't done your homework and ask stupid questions here..

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by debunky

Well there are no reports of flying spagetti monsters but what there are are reports of flying orbs and the like. Must be mass hallucinations right? Of course, all these people were clearly just projecting what they wanted to see and what they wanted to see was a flying glowing ball? Righto.
It's easy for you guys to ignore or dismiss things like this, but when some guy comes along and says "I've made every crop circle" and essentially begs for his 15 minutes, you give it to him no questions asked.. and again, I'm seen as the ignorant one..

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Lol you clearly did not even understand what I said.
"I'm the ignorant one for not just assuming the first and most obvious explanation (being the human origins hypothesis, not the alien one, numbnuts) that was put forth by a main stream media that has been proven to have lied in the past, especially on the amazing subjects with far reaching implications?"
Try again.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacATK18
reply to post by debunky

Well there are no reports of flying spagetti monsters but what there are are reports of flying orbs and the like. Must be mass hallucinations right? Of course, all these people were clearly just projecting what they wanted to see and what they wanted to see was a flying glowing ball? Righto.
It's easy for you guys to ignore or dismiss things like this, but when some guy comes along and says "I've made every crop circle" and essentially begs for his 15 minutes, you give it to him no questions asked.. and again, I'm seen as the ignorant one..

What did you try by saying that we would undoubtetly believe him?

I'll say the same about you then. "Insert favourite UFO person name here" comes forward and says I saw aliens. Then begs you to buy his book and you will.
A report of something doesn't make it real. Please tr to understand that.. We need solid proof not fantasies.

Edit:
Numbnut yourself

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Please could someone change the title of this useless thread?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jabbah
Please could someone change the title of this useless thread?

Could someone please delete this pointless post?

So if the topic doesn't support your fantasies then it's useless?

Edit:
Mainstream media BAD!!11oneone

Am I cool now?

Edit:

What are the motives of aliens?
Where is the proof that aliens make the circles?

You can't answer the second because there isn't any proof. Only blurri CGI of flying dots and a magically emerging crop circle.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

ya cause you put your smiley face so you must be..?

so the mainstream media tells the truth all the time then? okay, tell that to the Iraqis. go back under your rock where you belong.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacATK18

ya cause you put your smiley face so you must be..?

so the mainstream media tells the truth all the time then? okay, tell that to the Iraqis. go back under your rock where you belong.

another one with the reading problem. I'M SORRY FOR SAYING THAT THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA NEVER LIES!

Answer my questions then.

What are their motives for making the circles?
Why haven't any of them been caught?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I DON'T KNOW.
That's my point. I don't know if it even is aliens but what I DO KNOW is that WE ARE NOT EVEN GIVEN ALL THE INFO to make a sound judgment and declare "All Crop Circles Are Man Made" as the title of this thread states and as you have attempted to state. YES there are irrefutable, undeniable instances of HUMANS flattening crops into designs. >>>>HOWEVER

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir

Originally posted by Jabbah

Am I cool now?

No you just look more like an angry child here.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Jabbah]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
err half my post got deleted

>>>HOWEVER

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join